Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

bullshit, Killer Queen looked like some kind of bubblegum cat thing

that's adorable

dio is a cat lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

aren't the two stands that have been in both the first six parts and seven and eight been the stands of main villains? I hope that means we get King Crimson here soon.
Some people think one of the Higashikatas has King Crimson (Nut King Call, California King Bed, Paper Moon King, etc.), but I think Araki's going to save King Crimson for the next part if he'll reintroduce it at all. Nothing is certain with him, though.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's Spice Girl on crack, basically.

Kind of wish Trish was this inventive though.

Trish could be but she'd just gotten that Stand!

But yeah, I had never actually thought that the Stand that would give me the biggest case of the creepy-crawlies in JoJo would be a melty one.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Post-Stone Ocean Araki has gone out of his way to redeem a lot of prime universe stand concepts I didn't care for.

I never liked any stand that required the user to die before Civil War, and Vitamin C is like a non-sucky iteration of Spice Girl without additional buzzkill of being a plot convenience.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
On the flip side, Spice Girl vs The Notorious B.I.G is probably my favorite sentence of JoJo when out of context.

Aurora posted:

Where's this Crazy Diamond graffiti?
In Chapter 12 of JoJolion, "Paisley Park and Born This Way", there's this dude drawing with chalk in the street.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh neat, that must have been when I was bingeing through all of JJBA still so I missed it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Moltrey posted:

On the flip side, Spice Girl vs The Notorious B.I.G is probably my favorite sentence of JoJo when out of context.

In Chapter 12 of JoJolion, "Paisley Park and Born This Way", there's this dude drawing with chalk in the street.

That's some paranoia agent poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blockhouse posted:

getting caught up and the hype over eyes of heaven has me workshopping my jojo tabletop game idea again

ghost trains, nametags that steal your identity, talking money, and the illuminati

That just sounds like a normal game of Wraith: the Oblivion.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

That's some paranoia agent poo poo

YES

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bad Seafood posted:

Post-Stone Ocean Araki has gone out of his way to redeem a lot of prime universe stand concepts I didn't care for.

I never liked any stand that required the user to die before Civil War, and Vitamin C is like a non-sucky iteration of Spice Girl without additional buzzkill of being a plot convenience.

hell, civil war technically has uses that don't involve dying, too. i thought notorious b.i.g. was neat, but i like the idea of a stand having a death effect associated with it along with everything else it does.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Araki needs to bring back that super brutal Part 6 Stand, Survivor but it forces everyone to dance Jojo-A-GoGo style

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Man, the latest Jojolion is translated, and gently caress everything about that dude and his stand, named Vitamin C. Cool design though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a1NhRbNJ_Y

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

I think the can on the album cover was in Kira's kitchen. How deep does this go?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gappy's theme is two themes in one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8RRe3jGfoA

All cutscenes from EoH subbed. Specifically cutscenes, not in-game scenes without fancy animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcP6QGoJs8g

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 27, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is probably my favorite eyes of heaven theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGU0LOTTX4

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Is every song on the soundtrack supposed to be tune to a Polnareffland themepark attraction base around said charecter? Dio's haunted mansion, Soft and Wet Splash Mountain, Yukako's smothering merry go round

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

this is probably my favorite eyes of heaven theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGU0LOTTX4

1:04 intro to gangstas paradise

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Gappy's theme is two themes in one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8RRe3jGfoA

All cutscenes from EoH subbed. Specifically cutscenes, not in-game scenes without fancy animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcP6QGoJs8g

If you're not gonna translate stuff like "yare yare" or "muda" then why even add subs to it?
There's some questionable translations as well as phrasing that's not wrong but different from what most scans use (base world = fundamental world and Valentine's quote for instance) but nothing that affects it much. Maybe If I get the time I'll make some subs for some in game cutscenes. i will probably not have the time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shonengamez's translator always chooses weird phrasings. Like, he's obviously bilingual enough to translate but he's not a good translator because his English isn't always up to par, which I guess happens if you live in Japan* and speak Japanese primarily in your daily life.

* - Assumption

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If you're not gonna translate stuff like "yare yare" or "muda" then why even add subs to it?
There's some questionable translations as well as phrasing that's not wrong but different from what most scans use (base world = fundamental world and Valentine's quote for instance) but nothing that affects it much. Maybe If I get the time I'll make some subs for some in game cutscenes. i will probably not have the time

That's what happens when you don't actually know Japanese and just let your Japanese/English dictionary do all the translating for you.

Shonengamez's translator always chooses weird phrasings. Like, he's obviously bilingual enough to translate but he's not a good translator because his English isn't always up to par, which I guess happens if you live in Japan* and speak Japanese primarily in your daily life.

* - Assumption

I don't think it's a coincidence that this guy's subs selectively ignore all grammar beyond what you see in your first 1-2 years of Japanese class. I'd be willing to bet my mom's soul that he doesn't speak Japanese on anywhere near a conversational level.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Daxing Dan posted:

That's what happens when you don't actually know Japanese and just let your Japanese/English dictionary do all the translating for you.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this guy's subs selectively ignore all grammar beyond what you see in your first 1-2 years of Japanese class. I'd be willing to bet my mom's soul that he doesn't speak Japanese on anywhere near a conversational level.

yeah, if it's the same person who did those DHA subs that were posted a few pages back then he definitely straight up made up some stuff like Jotaro and Joseph's DHA.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It should be noted that some people are working on a part 4 sequel to 7th Stand User. Even if it never ends up getting made, we get some neat stand designs out of it (I particularly love Slim Shady it's a shadow so it can't stand up )

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Lord of Hats posted:

(I particularly love Slim Shady it's a shadow so it can't stand up )

Oh my God that's BRILLIANT.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

http://7su2.tumblr.com/post/135553923038/so-would-romance-be-something-that-inevitably

well they got my attention

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Diminutive pleasure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I finally have my DIO Super Action Statue. My The World should probably be here in a couple of days.

It's super cool, looks amazing and cost me less than £3 thanks to gift cards which lessens the sting of the next bit quite a bit, which is something of a heads up/feed back rant for people in the market for a DIO.

Unfortunately, even though it was definitely a brand new model, his entire legs and what they consist of seem sort of defective. They're not totally wrong and with some delicate manipulation, I've gotten his feet which were entirely wrong to begin with to where they're like basically right. His knees and hips feel a bit off and I don't think it's possible to do a lot with them.

His upper body is fine, really well sculpted and detailed but the lower body's flaws make posing him properly a little difficult though with the careful fixing of his feet have allowed for better posing.

The Josuke and Crazy Diamond I have are definitely better quality than the DIO which feels delicate to me. The Crazy D I have is preowned, I think, but still a lot sturdier than DIO. Josuke was brand new and without physical defect at all so I'd like to think that bodes well if you're after the re-issues of those that come out in a couple of months.

Here's some pics (including bulge for Pomp).

Wonky feet:

Easiest to see here, you can see on his left foot that it was unnaturally aligned when planted.

I've managed to straighten them out when neutral, so it's not something you can't fix if you buy a DIO and you get the same issue.

I'm gonna buy Gappy and Soft & Wet soon because Josuke's are the best.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I will never allow DIO anywhere near my Kakyoin figure so it's out of the question but it looks quite good!!!

I think I said it before but I think my luck's about 50/50 in terms of actually being able to pose them due to quality; the sunglasses head on Kak never wants to stay on (!!!) and I'm just gonna leave Jotaro's hands in his pockets forever, probably, but Rohan and The Hand pose quite nicely.

I'm definitely holding out for the re-issue on Crazy D/Josuke and am praying that they reissue Okuyasu because for a bit the price was dropping little by little, then in the past two weeks it jumped up to around $113 so I'm just... :cry:

Okuyasu, Gappy, Josuke, Crazy D, then I'm done with the SAS specifically unless they do Yasuho for some reason.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A face like this should be allowed near any and all Kakyoins

The heart on his headband is off centre and it bugs me a tad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've been meaning to get a purple anchor on white Soft & Wet figure for ages, but just never have. The green on yellow ASB pallet just doesn't work for me. I've also been meaning to pick up a Killer Queen figure, but the only one I've one seen is in white and pink Killer Queen is the only Queen I'll accept.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only really know about SAS, but:

Pink Killer Queen exists as a SAS, as does a clear blue (like 35 of these exist worldwide and there's one on AmiAmi for 95k yen right now). Pink KQ is like £80 currently.

White and purple SAS is the only S&W and White Gappy is the only commercially available Gappy, but Orange and another colour protoype of him exist.
Green and Yellow S&W is too DIO for me, I don't like it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like the Amazon listing for clear blue KQ, that straight up says it's not for sale

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I must have gotten pretty lucky with my Jojo figures, the only one I've had trouble with is old Joseph whose arms constantly fall out of his sleeves and I haven't worked out a way to solve that yet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My other two are pretty much perfect, other than CD having tell tale signs of pre-ownership like scuffs.

I heard that there was a re-issue of Old Joseph that fixed up some known issues with his joints.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Seventh Stand User is getting a sequel

It's basically Persona 4

This is incredible

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Vengarr posted:

It's basically Persona 4

This is incredible

It's not Claymans product though, so temper expectations. I do adore the Stand Designs though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onmi posted:

It's not Claymans product though, so temper expectations. I do adore the Stand Designs though.

It does have her blessing though (at least to the extent she's okay with them using the name)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Vengarr posted:

It's basically Persona 4

This is incredible

persona 4 is basically diamond is unbreakable so now we've gone full circle

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Onmi posted:

As soon as I saw that tenacious D has the pick of destiny on his forehead, I was on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm not comfortable with Jojo music references outwardly resembling themselves, only DIO's the World should have that distinction