Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Why not just stab Byakuya and make him your bestie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Shoren posted:

You're completely misrepresenting his powers. If he could hit you with his sword he was able to mess with your memories any way he liked. That includes making someone forget things, or making someone believe that he was always in their life and is actually their best friend. It's not great for killing people, but it is pretty OP because he can just make all his enemies into his friends.

Are you forgetting the part where he stabbed the ground and made it so that he had put a trap there earlier?

Edit: OK read the rest of the replies. I suppose it does have to involve him doing stuff in the past. I admit my memory of the Xcution arc is a but fuzzy, likely because I thought it was boring and stupid as hell.

Fhate fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 23, 2015

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Fhate posted:

Are you forgetting the part where he stabbed the ground and made it so that he had put a trap there earlier?

Edit: OK read the rest of the replies. I suppose it does have to involve him doing stuff in the past. I admit my memory of the Xcution arc is a but fuzzy, likely because I thought it was boring and stupid as hell.

It was boring because it was basically an opening to another manga. It Kubo finished bleach and released the XCution arc with brand new characters it probably would have turned out pretty good and interesting until character bloat. Because let's face it Kubo would never kill anyone in that either.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Covok posted:

IIRC, he did stab him, it's just Byakuya was more loyal to Ichigo for saving Rukia.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
e. ^^^ :argh:

Covok posted:

He did, actually. But he also threatened Ichigo, who Byakuya was deeply indebted to for saving Rukia, so Byakuya mercilessly cut him down anyways.

"What...? Am I not your friend?"
"Yes, you are. You're my dearest friend. *single manly tear*"

(Actual quote, by the way. Or close enough.)

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah, the guy noted for letting his sister get executed because he made a vow on his family is not the guy you want to try and manipulate onto your side.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Fhate posted:

Yeah, I did forget that part, my bad. Most of the fullbringer arc is fuzzy for me, I just recalled his general power.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tsukishima is my cool friend and will save the Quincy arc.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's pretty fuckin' amazing that Byakuya was better at staying loyal to Ichigo than Chad, who's been Ichigo's friend for years, or Orihime, who loves Ichigo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wonder why Tsukishima didn't just use his sword to make it so that he saved Rukia instead of Ichigo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He didn't want to be involved in the Soul Society arc.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

When you have a power that broken the only counter to it is you yourself being too stupid to use it right.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

He didn't want to be involved in the Soul Society arc.

But he willingly involved himself in the Fullbringer arc???

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But he willingly involved himself in the Fullbringer arc???

Tsukishima was planning on using his ability on Kubo and the readers to make them think the Fullbringer arc never happened but Byakuya prevented that from happening.

Clearly he's the true villain here.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

It's pretty fuckin' amazing that Byakuya was better at staying loyal to Ichigo than Chad, who's been Ichigo's friend for years, or Orihime, who loves Ichigo.

He wasn't being loyal to ichigo, the mission was to come and help ichigo and byakuya does not deviate from the mission.

Everyone else saw ichigo go nuts and attack their best friend and his own cousin for no reason so they were trying to calm him down/stop him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Shugojin posted:

When you have a power that broken the only counter to it is you yourself being too stupid to use it right.

See also: Gremmy

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Gremmy played too many mobas.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
New chapter here: http://readms.com/r/bleach/657/3138/1

Not even a Christmas miracle could help Yoruichi win this fight in one shot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shouta Yoruichi is cute, Actual Yoruichi has a bombastic bod and is still the hottest character in Bleach, and that's really all that I could ask for, really.

Good chapter Kubo.

I look forward to being disappointed later on.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shouta Yoruichi is cute, Actual Yoruichi has a bombastic bod and is still the hottest character in Bleach, and that's really all that I could ask for, really.

Good chapter Kubo.

I look forward to being disappointed later on.

Same to all of this.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I hope this ends with them just punching him to death regularly.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I hope this ends with them just punching him to death regularly.

But then he'll develop an immunity to punches!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
All the more to use the bag of tricks he brought up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yoruichi's expressions in this chapter were great. She's such a fun character, I wish she'd been used more often after Soul Society.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Yoruichi will be a good fight. She is one the few characters that Kubo writes knowing how stupid the laws of his universe are. I look forward to dropping the series because this is the fight he decides to kill her off.

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 26, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More yoruichi is never bad

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Lot of correct opinions in this thread.

This guy using his powers to Doomsday himself is one of the more creative things Kubo's done in a while.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Him surviving and the way he did it were expected. It wasn't even a new rear end pull, it was almost good writing.

But Yoruichi was brilliant. Her facial expressions were perfect and she looked awesome(super hot) making them.
I also loved Yoruichi's brother punching him out.

Really, the solution to this guy is to just cut or punch him.

Related to the fan artwork, is Thor supposed to be pink?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Baal posted:

More yoruichi is never bad

For the life of me I'm still astounded she's a Kubo character

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

yeah this opponent seems like the ideal choice for ichigo's real loving powerful diagonal slash

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Should've fought Aizen. 5 chapters of talking nonstop, he asks why Aizen hasn't attacked and he remarks that he's been loading him up with smug the entire time. Quincy explodes and dies.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cancel Bleach and just make a spin off about Yoruichi being cool, Kubo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

chumbler posted:

Cancel Bleach and just make a spin off about Yoruichi being cool, Kubo.

Yoruichi really deserves better, like being ghost Revy in a ghost Black Lagoon

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I love Yoruichi.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Are those little lightning cat ears?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Askin Nakk Le Varr vs the Shihoin Siblings is the best thing we could ask for

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Baal posted:

Askin Nakk Le Varr vs the Shihoin Siblings is the best thing we could ask for

It really is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sue posted:

I love Yoruichi.

:yeah:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:agreed:
:coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
....anyone know where I can buy the outfit Yoruichi is wearing? I just realised my gf looks really similar to her and that outfit would be sexy as hell on her.

Comeon folks help me out here

• Locked thread