Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Warszawa posted:

wait what

since when did breitbart have a tech editor

probably about the same time they hopped on the gamergate crazy train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Breitbart's tech editor is getting a new job

he's moving to buzzfeed

his title is "social justice editor"

holy poo poo, what are they thinking?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Luigi Thirty posted:

he's moving to buzzfeed

wait this was for real? i thought the only source was the dude's twitter

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Background: Roommate has platinum blonde hair. This can be a pretty expensive hairstyle as it requires multiple rounds of bleaching and tinting on a regular basis. My hair is a dark auburn.

I have a conditioner in our shared shower, we both keep our products in there and have never really made a formal agreement about whether or not it's okay to borrow one another's things. For three months so far we have just been buying our own products, I think that is the norm?

Anyways, I added a concentrated red colorant to my conditioner recently, it kind of wakes up the color between dye jobs so that I have to go to the salon less frequently. Apparently while I was with my family this Christmas she decided to use it, and her hair turned an awful, patchy shade of pink. It's actually kind of funny except for the fact that she has brought the wrath of hell down upon me as if it were my fault.

She says that it's my fault that her hair was ruined and that I should pay for it to be fixed. I told her no, because she shouldn't be using my stuff in the first place, and if she would have had the courtesy to ask me I could have warned her. Anyways, she says that if I don't pay for the corrections she will take me to court for the cost of her hair and the "trauma" of her ruined holiday photos as there was no opportunity for her to get it fixed before Christmas.

Anyways, depending on how many treatments it will take, the corrections could be maybe 200-600 dollars, if I estimate correctly. My question is, would she have a chance in court? I guess it is true that I never warned her and we never agreed not to use each other's things. I mean honestly if she has a chance in court I will probably negotiate a 2-300 dollar payment and just move on in order to avoid legal fees and lost time. And yes, I have already started looking for a new place. But I really don't think I should be held liable for something that she brought on herself by basically stealing my things.

Thoughts?

Roommate with ruined hair may actually have a case here.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

Roommate with ruined hair may actually have a case here.

how

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Op may have a duty to warn.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

this, that milo dude is seriously scum of the earth and i dont thinke ven buzzfeed would touch that with a 50 ft pole

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

i saw KOTOR had been ported to tablets

this sounds awful

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

joeburz posted:

this, that milo dude is seriously scum of the earth and i dont thinke ven buzzfeed would touch that with a 50 ft pole

hiring milo is basically injecting an air bubble into the arm of your social media presence unless you already cater to absolutely disgusting people

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

why are people obsessed with this very minor barely character with like 4 lines

bobby fett syndrome

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Yeah nevermind he's trolling

I don't think buzzfeed likes that he changed his Twitter description to "buzzfeed social justice editor" though

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

Op may have a duty to warn.

over hair coloring?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

Background: Roommate has platinum blonde hair. This can be a pretty expensive hairstyle as it requires multiple rounds of bleaching and tinting on a regular basis. My hair is a dark auburn.

I have a conditioner in our shared shower, we both keep our products in there and have never really made a formal agreement about whether or not it's okay to borrow one another's things. For three months so far we have just been buying our own products, I think that is the norm?

Anyways, I added a concentrated red colorant to my conditioner recently, it kind of wakes up the color between dye jobs so that I have to go to the salon less frequently. Apparently while I was with my family this Christmas she decided to use it, and her hair turned an awful, patchy shade of pink. It's actually kind of funny except for the fact that she has brought the wrath of hell down upon me as if it were my fault.

She says that it's my fault that her hair was ruined and that I should pay for it to be fixed. I told her no, because she shouldn't be using my stuff in the first place, and if she would have had the courtesy to ask me I could have warned her. Anyways, she says that if I don't pay for the corrections she will take me to court for the cost of her hair and the "trauma" of her ruined holiday photos as there was no opportunity for her to get it fixed before Christmas.

Anyways, depending on how many treatments it will take, the corrections could be maybe 200-600 dollars, if I estimate correctly. My question is, would she have a chance in court? I guess it is true that I never warned her and we never agreed not to use each other's things. I mean honestly if she has a chance in court I will probably negotiate a 2-300 dollar payment and just move on in order to avoid legal fees and lost time. And yes, I have already started looking for a new place. But I really don't think I should be held liable for something that she brought on herself by basically stealing my things.

Thoughts?

Begin eviction proceedings?

I fail to see how using conditioner has caused damage to the roommate. What's the caselaw look like on dyed hair snafu's, Euph?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Came home from having Christmas dinner with my mom. She's really into soccer now and had UK matches on all afternoon. Thought the cousins and brother in law were going to have a collective stroke.

Mom admits she still doesn't understand soccer all that well, but when I pointed out one match was still nothing - nothing after nearly an hour and a half she corrected me that was "nil nil."

Yes, there were no bowl games on TV while we ate Christmas ham.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also platinum blond is the worst hair color and roommate should lose on that detail alone

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Mom admits she still doesn't understand soccer all that well, but when I pointed out one match was still nothing - nothing after nearly an hour and a half she corrected me that was "nil nil."

lol owned

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

it's been 3 days and i'm not through Peragus yet

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah nevermind he's trolling

I don't think buzzfeed likes that he changed his Twitter description to "buzzfeed social justice editor" though

they should do this

PupsOfWar posted:

i don't know what y'all's problem with peragus is it's not that bad

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

I'm sorry

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

this sounds awful

well I'll never know because it needs 3 gigs of open space to install

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

he's moving to buzzfeed

Wait...so that wasn't a joke tweet?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

they should do this

i don't know what y'all's problem with peragus is it's not that bad

yeah it's not that bad, its worse

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hey Euph or other lawyers in the thread, realtalk question for you: How's it feel to send someone to prison?

The individual who stole from my mother's estate is on probation, and some of the belongings he stole was a keggerator worth $700 and an iPad. Terms of probation include no use nor possession of alcohol, in addition to no use of internet nor possession of an internet-accessible device. Can I report to their probation officer the theft of these properties as a probation violation?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

over hair coloring?

Yeah

It's not quite enough money to litigate but I would have taken roommates case.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i enjoy the internet more when fishmech is guiding me along the river styx

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

yeah it's not that bad, its worse

stop being such a drama queen

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Randler posted:

Wait...so that wasn't a joke tweet?

it was, and he's been trolling nonstop with it

oh, you know those TSA body scanners that brown people aren't allowed to opt out of anymore

A recent security audit showed the TSA has a 96% failure rate detecting dummy explosives and that the machines literally don't work and can't even find solid metal objects

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

Yeah

It's not quite enough money to litigate but I would have taken roommates case.

How much money is enough to litigate?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra posted:

stop being such a drama queen

sorry ill stop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

8-10 k in damages if on contingency and a slam dunk.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

My Imaginary GF posted:

well you have to figure any award would cover attorney fees + court fees to make it worthwhile

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

David Dees is an American national treasure.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

8-10 k in damages if on contingency and a slam dunk.

How does suing for damages work?

Say, if an individual stole from your recently deceased mother's estate and admitted to it in correspondance to your attorney through theirs.

How much would you charge for contingency in such a case, if you knew that they had liquid assets worth ~50k because of your mother?

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 27, 2015

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ThirdPartyView posted:

David Dees is an American national treasure.

i like that it contains two different types of ebola, and MSG for some reason.

gotta have that umami flavor. such a considerate illuminati skeleton

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

PupsOfWar posted:

you've just got to take peragus like a shot of nasty liquor, one gulp

It's Telos that tends to take the wind out of my sails; I wish the game just opened up after Peragus

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

sorry ill stop

do this job application for me instead

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Contingency cases are 25%-40% not including costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

• Locked thread