Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

BloodBag posted:

My dad is even more twisted than I am. I guess 23 years in the service will do that to you.

My mother kicks all our asses in CAH. It is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I don't know which is which but I'm in England and it was made in Scotland.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cakefool posted:

glenmorangie is whisky

any time they spell it without the e it's good poo poo

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Anyone else having Fo4 crash to desktop kindof a lot? I mean my computer's heating my room pretty hardcore, and I've spent many many hours on the game, but man, even modded skyrim didn't crash this much. What I'm asking is if I should start upgrading this box?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

What're your current specs? If it's hardware there could be a single bottleneck.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Enourmo posted:

What're your current specs? If it's hardware there could be a single bottleneck.

core i5 2500k (3.3Ghz 4 core)
gtx560 1GB
16gb ram
840pro ssd
1tb raid 1
win7 64 bit

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

BloodBag posted:

core i5 2500k (3.3Ghz 4 core)
gtx560 1GB
16gb ram
840pro ssd
1tb raid 1
win7 64 bit

the issue is highlighted above, go buy a GTX970

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Why is repeatedly bludgeoning customers in the head with a breaker bar against company policy? And barely functioning employees. When I told you to be more confident, I didn't mean ignore something that seems out of place until I ring out your drawer and you're 60 dollars short you utter poo poo stain. And when a customer asks for a window switch, order a loving window switch, not a god damned motor so I don't have to drive all over the place to make sure we don't lose a chance to get a new commercial account. AND SHOW THE gently caress UP ON TIME YOU IRREDEEMABLE PIECE OF poo poo.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hi Im back from Xmas whatup y'all

Can a cracka get a TL;DR on the past 6 pages

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Adiabatic posted:

Hi Im back from Xmas whatup y'all

Can a cracka get a TL;DR on the past 6 pages

TL;DR - you didn't miss jack-poo poo. some nice swag, some lovely days.

What should a guy watch when everyone else is in bed? Black Mirror has some new episodes...but then again, I haven't watched anything new in a looooong time. The flash? daredevil? Netflix or amazon, GO GO GO GO!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

I never noticed until now but it only has the E if its Irish or American.

I have always treated illness with port and brandy (general lurgy/fever) or ginger wine (ginger is great for settling your stomach), as i have never been a great fan of whisky.

I have however this year started being able to drink whisky and even enjoy it so shall probably be migrating to the Whisky Mac as my new medicinal tipple.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tomarse posted:

I never noticed until now but it only has the E if its Irish or American.

The general rule of thumb (though there are many exceptions) is that if the country has an E in the name, they spell it "whiskey." Else, "whisky."

Canada - whisky
America - whiskey
Scotland - whisky
Ireland - whiskey

I think Britain is ambiguous (although it's probably properly referred to as "Great Britain" or "England.")

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BloodBag posted:

Anyone else having Fo4 crash to desktop kindof a lot? I mean my computer's heating my room pretty hardcore, and I've spent many many hours on the game, but man, even modded skyrim didn't crash this much. What I'm asking is if I should start upgrading this box?

BloodBag posted:

gtx560 1GB

literally a fish posted:

the issue is highlighted above, go buy a GTX970

Pretty sure that it's just Fallout 4, because it's a poorly coded un-optimized pile of poo poo (even if I am having fun playing it).

Mine locks up randomly every few hours while playing, forcing a hard re-boot to get out. My video card is a 4gb GTX 980 with the latest drivers from Nvidia (I updated the drivers to see if that was the issue). I'm only running in 1920x1080 also (although everything is on high/ultra). Temps are fine across the board, and after a re-boot it will play fine for another several hours before it does it again.

:iiam:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

Why is repeatedly bludgeoning customers in the head with a breaker bar against company policy? And barely functioning employees. When I told you to be more confident, I didn't mean ignore something that seems out of place until I ring out your drawer and you're 60 dollars short you utter poo poo stain. And when a customer asks for a window switch, order a loving window switch, not a god damned motor so I don't have to drive all over the place to make sure we don't lose a chance to get a new commercial account. AND SHOW THE gently caress UP ON TIME YOU IRREDEEMABLE PIECE OF poo poo.

It shouldn't be. The idiot I work with had a ram with no heat. He says nothing is wrong and cant find what the problem is. I walk over to where its parked and you can see a crack in the plastic of the radiator, and all the white lines of coolant draining down it. Same dude trys to weasel his way out cleaning all the time. He will even go so far as to try and finish a job I have waiting on parts while I'm working on another one. No job is a rush either and he was originally hired to clean the shop. Which for the past seven months he rarely does. I have a large vintage craftsman breaker bar in my toolcart at work and have many times had to stop myself from kneecaping him with it. When my old boss bought the three foot long half 1/2" breaker bar from snap on the guy on the truck told him "that should be big enough to beat some sense into him" To bad we never get to beat him with it.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

TL;DR - you didn't miss jack-poo poo. some nice swag, some lovely days.

What should a guy watch when everyone else is in bed? Black Mirror has some new episodes...but then again, I haven't watched anything new in a looooong time. The flash? daredevil? Netflix or amazon, GO GO GO GO!

Daredevil is very good. I hear nice things about The Flash but if it's anything like Arrow it'll get a bit too melodramatic for its own good sometimes. Better Call Saul is excellent for some character drama but it's a bit on the short side. No idea if you've watched it yet but it's second season should start in a couple of months.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Jessica Jones is excellent.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

events are unfolding

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Boxing day is a garbage holiday for garbage people. Ugh, wife dragged us out for some shopping and my god did I ever want to bludgeon some people. :argh:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Just rob a shitload of land from a bunch of natives and you can have a real holiday turn into an excuse for blind consumerism

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Oh don't worry, Black Friday is totally a thing here since we like to pretend we're America Litetm

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Welfare check on STR - weather's looking really bad in your neck of the woods

:ohdear:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Bajaha posted:

Oh don't worry, Black Friday is totally a thing here since we like to pretend we're America Litetm

I don't recall it being particularly big here before the past decade though. Seems like it hitched a ride up on the back of Cyber Monday.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why the everloving gently caress didn't they call it Mailorder Monday or Money-over-Internet Monday or anything other than loving CYBER loving MONDAY

what a goddamn terrible name what the poo poo

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Locator posted:

Pretty sure that it's just Fallout 4, because it's a poorly coded un-optimized pile of poo poo (even if I am having fun playing it).

Mine locks up randomly every few hours while playing, forcing a hard re-boot to get out. My video card is a 4gb GTX 980 with the latest drivers from Nvidia (I updated the drivers to see if that was the issue). I'm only running in 1920x1080 also (although everything is on high/ultra). Temps are fine across the board, and after a re-boot it will play fine for another several hours before it does it again.

:iiam:

I actually have played many (many) hours and never had it crash... :P AMD supremacy?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I played through without a single crash on my computer, but that was with the original v1.01 version for reasons, and I run a GTX960 and some 3.4GHZ i5.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goober Peas posted:

Welfare check on STR - weather's looking really bad in your neck of the woods

:ohdear:

I'm alive. :glomp:

It got loving ugly for a bit there, Frisco set off their sirens at least 4 times that I know of, and I was out delivering in the poo poo. I did stop for about 10 minutes during the worst of it.

edit: I just found out a friend of a friend lost their house, and a friend's parents have some decent damage. drat.

Apparently a lot of people really wanted five guys in their mouth tonight:

I dropped that line on the cashier and he started to say "yeah our burgers are rea.........." then his jaw dropped and he just stared at me for a moment before cracking up.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 27, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Elmnt80 posted:

This is the guy who deserves to get fired.

Hope this helps.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

He's a brand new employee with like less than a month of experience, so I'm trying to be nice, but I can guarantee he's getting a sitdown with the boss after today. And its a shame he isn't working with me anytime soon, because our gaskets need to be in-house inventoried before the actual company inventory in Feb. :kheldragar:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CharlesM posted:

I actually have played many (many) hours and never had it crash... :P AMD supremacy?

I used to run AMD/ATI back in the original Max Payne days. ATI is highly unlikely to have me as a customer again after all the bullshit with their catalyst drivers back then. So many issues that nvidia never had. I keep hearing about ATI still sucking fat dicks. My wife has a sempron in the box I built her and I'm...unimpressed. They feel like the Kia of processors. Getting better, but still a second-rate processor compared to Intel.

You guys are so good at twisting my arm. I've been pining for a GTX980 for a while now.

Subaru isn't weeping oil anymore, thank goodness, that means I can go to San Antonio for NYE and blow some poo poo up on my friend's property :911: Still stinks of burning oil here and there. Oh well, my e46 did that for ages too. Need to do valve cover gaskets.

That garmin edge 520 is loving cool as hell, I really like it. Any of you cycly goons wanna give me some pointers on getting this new-fangled non-magnetic cadence sensor to wake up? It sure sucks rear end and I wish I could just wave a magnet in front of it to make it work. It refused to start until *after* my ride was over yesterday.

e: what's boxing day? Why do lovely people like it? Is it like black friday's idiocy in the US?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Had a seizure, fell and broke 2 metatarsals. :toot:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

BloodBag posted:

I used to run AMD/ATI back in the original Max Payne days. ATI is highly unlikely to have me as a customer again after all the bullshit with their catalyst drivers back then. So many issues that nvidia never had. I keep hearing about ATI still sucking fat dicks. My wife has a sempron in the box I built her and I'm...unimpressed. They feel like the Kia of processors. Getting better, but still a second-rate processor compared to Intel.

You guys are so good at twisting my arm. I've been pining for a GTX980 for a while now.

Subaru isn't weeping oil anymore, thank goodness, that means I can go to San Antonio for NYE and blow some poo poo up on my friend's property :911: Still stinks of burning oil here and there. Oh well, my e46 did that for ages too. Need to do valve cover gaskets.

That garmin edge 520 is loving cool as hell, I really like it. Any of you cycly goons wanna give me some pointers on getting this new-fangled non-magnetic cadence sensor to wake up? It sure sucks rear end and I wish I could just wave a magnet in front of it to make it work. It refused to start until *after* my ride was over yesterday.

e: what's boxing day? Why do lovely people like it? Is it like black friday's idiocy in the US?
I have a GTX970 I keep half-meaning to sell and replace with a 960. I just dont use it enough to justify having it sitting in my box. AMD is just no bueno at this point IMO.

The 520 is great. If you got the kit (I did) it seems to...just work? IDK, I get cadence readings easy enough.

Boxing day = 12/26. Deals for all as stores try to clear out excess x-mas inventory. I didn't do poo poo for it as I'm stick sick. :(

Bucephalus posted:

Had a seizure, fell and broke 2 metatarsals. :toot:
Well that just sucks. Have you had seizures before?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

ilkhan posted:

Well that just sucks. Have you had seizures before?

Yep. If I bend over and straighten back up too fast*, I get dizzy and shaky, and sometimes collapse. Been tested for epilepsy, CT scanned for sinus/inner ear issues, checked BP and glucose, etc. Haven't found the issue.

*then don't do that, right?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Happy birthday to me. drat I am old.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

Bucephalus posted:

Yep. If I bend over and straighten back up too fast*, I get dizzy and shaky, and sometimes collapse. Been tested for epilepsy, CT scanned for sinus/inner ear issues, checked BP and glucose, etc. Haven't found the issue.

*then don't do that, right?
Vasovagal syncope can sometimes result in symptoms that look like a mild seizure, might look into that.

/armchair internet doctor

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Vasovagal syncope can sometimes result in symptoms that look like a mild seizure, might look into that.

/armchair internet doctor

That's the truth. I have the exact same symptoms. I've almost blacked out more times than I can count from it. It gets worse the better shape I get in. If I'm a fat lazy layabout for months on end, the symptoms don't surface. If I do lots of running and cycling and get below 190 lbs, it starts coming on real bad. It's especially awful if I'm crouched for a few minutes and then stand up. It's like a wave of heat and blackness, I'm temporarily blind when it happens. My wife knows to stand near me these days because I reach for her to steady myself. I've only fallen a couple times.

My wife is trying to enable me so bad to go get a 970. Today at the movies (TFA) the subaru decided it wanted to hard start :rolleyes:. I'm just trying to get out of debt. She does make a good point though, that my routine is: get up, go to work, come home from work, exercize, play gaems, eat, go to bed. She said that it's something that gets daily use and I've been complaining about games getting laggy/broken for a year now.

What do you goons think? Wife approved vidya card.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

BloodBag posted:

What do you goons think? Wife approved vidya card.

Clearly if it's wife approved you should get a pair of 980ti's and run them SLI. Of course you probably need to upgrade your power supply for that, and then your motherboard and CPU to feed them, but hey, she approved and that's all just required infrastructure! :v:

Oh, and you'll need a nice 34" 4k monitor too!

E: Is Steam store completely hosed for anyone but me today? It's really terribly slow and sometimes says it's unavailable. How am I supposed to browse the winter sale stuff like this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Went to micro center with the idea of buying a motherboard and processor and didn't buy anything! My computer works and I don't think I can justify the $500 to upgrade.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Locator posted:

E: Is Steam store completely hosed for anyone but me today? It's really terribly slow and sometimes says it's unavailable. How am I supposed to browse the winter sale stuff like this?
It's working in general, but doesn't want to let me pay!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

InitialDave posted:

It's working in general, but doesn't want to let me pay!

Yea, I having that problem too. It's annoying, as there is a cool looking little game that I really want to get and play, but they won't take my 5 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Happy holidays from Ozmiander and 2 year old daughter on the side of i87 throwing on a spare tire which will grenade my diff because it's 100% tread and the other three are like 40%, lolol.

• Locked thread