Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Insect Court posted:

That would require anti-Zionists actually acknowledging the existence of Israeli victims of terrorism.

Go do a search at nytimes.com or google news or any other major news site for "israel stabbing" articles from the past three months. Then tell me the only incident even worthy of mention in a thread titled "Of Israel and Palestine" involves the one in which a photograph is being stabbed.

It's just like the meltdown in the last I/P thread over the video of the Palestinian teenager shot while trying to kill Israelis. An ugly display, but one that seemed to provoke an endless outflow of spittle flecked rage from the same posters who reacted with a near total indifference to the killings of Israelis. Hell, I'm not asking for equality here, just a simple plea that this thread not start with a pages long display of dehumanization directed against Israeli Jews. And yes, an intentional effort to ignore the existence of an entire class of (actual dead people) victims in favor of focusing exclusively on a (not alive or dead because a piece of paper) photograph counts.

You're right, the murder they were celebrating is much MUCH more disturbing than the stabbing of the effigy. Thank you for taking time to rightfully condemn those monstrous settlers who could do that to such a nice young family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

TIC, I asked a single question several pages ago. Please explain why we have to discriminate between ethnic or religious groups? It seems unfair to me.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Berk Berkly posted:

People are stabbed, shot, murdered in all sorts of different ways for all sorts of different and stupid reasons, all of the world everyday. Its a Bad Thing(tm)

But CELEBRATING the death of an infant by ritualistically stabbing its image is a whooooole different level of hosed up. Its not like the act of poking a piece of paper with a picture is the actual Bad Thing, and trying to compare it with the above is missing the point, its the glee and festival of doing it, like pissing in urn of some guy's mum. With friends in public. There is a very very nasty mindset at play there.

It's loving horrible, the same way that celebrating the knife attacks was horrible. The difference is that as reprehensible as Netanyahu is, he at least is coy enough to condemn price tag attacks. Abbas of all people held press conferences declaring that Al Aqsa is under attack, and Fatah just held a public mourning for Samir Kuntar in Ramallah, so there's still a bit of a difference.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 28, 2023

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
shitf opened two windows

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
loving idot

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'd fighrt for the existnece mof our people with my FISTS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Have you ever posted sober?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Insect Court posted:

Are you really going to go this route when the major story in I/P conflict over the past several months have been the stabbings of Israelis? Are we going to pretend that out of the twenty-ish fatalities(and many more casualties) including several very recent ones the fact that the stabbing the usual suspects find time to condemn(and can't fit in any mention of any other) is the stabbing of a picture?

Stabbing a picture is worse than stabbing a person. How on earth can anyone find that an arguable or outrageous statement?

That's not a thing that I, or anyone else, has said. I was responding to claims that violent rhetoric and celebration of terrorism from Palestinian extremists necessitate discrimination against Palestinians by illustrating that violent rhetoric and celebration of terrorism are present among Israeli extremists too.

CommieGIR posted:

"They are hosed up, but the Palestinians are more hosed up. I have no idea why the Palestinians are so hosed up"

This is a really circular web you are spinning here. Don't forge the fact that while the Israeli Government is a-okay with quickly putting a Palestinian on trial for a legitimate murder, they are dragging their feet as hard as they can, including sending the PA the bill for the infant, and taking their time with the settlers who conducted the attack.

To be absolutely fair, I'd say that the government is legit trying as hard as they can to find the people responsible for the arson (unlike most other Jewish terrorist attacks). The problem is that, because Jewish terrorism has been ignored so long that law enforcement never built or cultivated the intelligence resources they would need to make headway on a case like this. There are entire communities that just flat-out refuse to cooperate with investigations like this, there are no informants or community outreach to give law enforcement inroads into those communities, and the only thing the government has been apparently able to come up with is "arresting a bunch of random people known to be associated with extremist groups, locking them up indefinitely, and interrogating, intimidating, and abusing them in hopes that they'll crack and give some kind of useful evidence eventually". They're paying the price for refusing to build any ability to combat Jewish terrorism now that the government is demanding a particularly publicly prominent case be solved, as well as getting concerned about the general anti-government leanings of many of these groups.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Well yeah, the oppressors are bad sometimes, but really, these evil oppressed, lashing out against their oppressors like this, it's awful. Why aren't they meekly subservient? If they tolerated oppression without being angry about it, then maybe we could stop oppressing them. After a while or two."

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cat Mattress posted:

"Well yeah, the oppressors are bad sometimes, but really, these evil oppressed, lashing out against their oppressors like this, it's awful. Why aren't they meekly subservient? If they tolerated oppression without being angry about it, then maybe we could stop oppressing them. After a while or two."

Most moral something in the world.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Avshalom posted:

i'd fighrt for the existnece mof our people with my FISTS

Merry christmas avshalom have fun and stay safe!!!

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Dabir posted:

Have you ever posted sober?

If Avshalom posted in an I/P thread sober, part of us would die.

Keep doing your wonderful thing, friend.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

OzyMandrill posted:

TIC, I asked a single question several pages ago. Please explain why we have to discriminate between ethnic or religious groups? It seems unfair to me.

Sometimes two different ethnic groups have really different ideas on how things should be and/or also they want to kill each other, so they can't coexist in a really tiny area.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I am israel. My boduy is ISrael

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am
new jew

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my womanhood sporouts small mangy angel wings

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Maoist Pussy posted:

Sometimes two different ethnic groups have really different ideas on how things should be and/or also they want to kill each other, so they can't coexist in a really tiny area.

Wow, all people of an ethnic group think alike, in your opinion? That's just what a honky would think.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Would jesus qualify to make aliyah?

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Avshalom is what makes the holidays special.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 posted:

Can someone explain the similarities / differences between the BDS movement and the Palestinian Authority's boycott of products made beyond the green line? Differences / similarities in causes / aims?
Seriously though. I kinda need a basic breakdown of each / either, at least insofar as who initiated either and their stated goals.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

Seriously though. I kinda need a basic breakdown of each / either, at least insofar as who initiated either and their stated goals.

BDS wants to boycott Israel until the state is altered in such a way as to result in the elimination of Jews from another nation in the mideast.

The PA only sometimes encourages terrorism and violence, such as with their recent refusal to denounce and continuation to propagate false claims that Jews would begin to worship on the temple mount.

Speaking of which, why is it that Jews do not have the right to worship on the temple mount? Should we not promote societies which encourage the free and fair expression of appropriately held religious beliefs?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Arik conquered the mountain and reclaimed our ancient birthright. to many it was a trespass. To me - it was a restoration of justice! Let the Temple Mount stand for ALL who hold it sacred

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I think he should have put an American flag on it and made a spech

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

I think he should have put an American flag on it and made a spech

do you like kibbutz, avshalom?

i think they are pretty cool

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
The summit is an internatioonal friendship area

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 28, 2023

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

The summit is an internatioonal friendship area

I have a dream --- that one day all men shall be free to worship on the temple mount. I have a dream --- that black and white, christian and jew, son and father, will one day be free to practice their faith openly on the most holy of holys, rather than spend their hours toiling away in sweaty, smelly observance underground.

The PA stands for forcing Jews to practice their religion at the site of the first temple underground. Perhaps one day Israel will have the courage to stand up for practicing the Jewish faith in the open.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

Genuinely thinking of turning my farm into a kibbutz (in AUtsralia) but Mum wants it o be an outdoor concert venue and saffron farm so idk

Please ask your friends if they'd concider going to a kibbutz that's not in ISrael

If it helps I consider Israel to be an intanginble land accessible only by the spirits and a bit of its soil is lodged in every JEwish heart

i am on a farm in the far north of america

rural life is different as gently caress

part of me wants to maybe go to a kibbutz for a year sometime

I dunno if a kibbutz can be outside Israel; the purpose of kibbutz is to be self-reliant while having state institutions able to take care of your basic needs for free, such as medical, dental, and vision.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This seems like a good thing to discuss after Israel stops openly stealing land in East Jerusalem

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
We will be respected! WE will suffer no more contempt!!!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

I dunno if a kibbutz can be outside Israel; the purpose of kibbutz is to be self-reliant while having state institutions able to take care of your basic needs for free, such as medical, dental, and vision.
actually australi kind of allows that, our social welfare isn't GREAT like other countries' but it does allow smome degree of medical care without a lot of epense, unlike America

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

We will be respected! WE will suffer no more contempt!!!

We should not be forced to worship in those tunnels next to the west wall, underground, where temperatures can easily reach 110 fahrenheit, standing next to some orthodox dude davin'n hardcore and scvitzing a storm up! We should be able to practice our religion under the clouds as G_d intended, free from the smells of the overweight dude in a 3-piece suit sweating his balls off next to you!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

actually australi kind of allows that, our social welfare isn't GREAT like other countries' but it does allow smome degree of medical care without a lot of epense, unlike America

america allows free medical care

you just cannot have certain levels of income if you wish to qualify for it

america has pretty good social welfare, if you're judicious with it and are willing to put some effort into your life

of course, life in America would be much improved if our policies were more reflective of Israel's. Alas, there is only so much to be done

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

the smells of the overweight dude in a 3-piece suit sweating his balls off next to you!
oh arik arik take me

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

life in America would be much improved if our policies were more reflective of Israel's. Alas, there is only so much to be done
I agree, and Thank G-d For Donald trump! and my beloved Ariel, may he res tin peace

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Men of power, men of action, men who aren't afraid to speak their nminds AND SUFFer the consequences!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I TEAR MY ROBE ASUNDER

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
MY BODY JOLTS INTO AN EROTIC POLKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

I agree, and Thank G-d For Donald trump! and my beloved Ariel, may he res tin peace

donald trump is like the spirit of arik, except in a man with a high metabolism

donald trump is a friend of israel. hell, all his grandbabies have israeli citizenship for tax purposes! It makes flying to Malta so much easier