Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Drav posted:

Really? Long barrel over high caliber? I can't keep up.

Yea, used HC for about ~3000 kills and just ditched it in favor of running Scavenger and a secondary. Numbers spiked more consistently after the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did this https://youtu.be/CkHFNhDd-qQ and it felt pretty good.

Still lost, because if you notice most of my team is sitting back in spawn doing something. Not sure what.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
After a short break im going back at it again. Looking for people to join on me!

PSN: The_fuzzo

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
War Machine seems like it'd be good for Quad Feeds eh?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
What's the psn group tag?

Also add me to be dumb and pretend to be girls.

Gt: EggsForYou

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

BLOGHOUSE MAKES ME SO ANGRY

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did you delete all of us from your friend's list again?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Deviant posted:

This came up a lot today while crushing pubbies, so here's a guide on how and when to wall run (i.e. on Combine, Metro, or Hunted).

this is honestly terrible advice, you should be wall running whenever you can while moving towards where you're going. combine especially on the lane with the alley, if you're not wall running off the V and onto the wall the other side all you're doing is giving the enemy an easier choke point. you should then also be launching off the wall to catch people coming out of the tunnel/lab. it takes some practice to get used to accurately tracking people while you're on the wall and learning when to launch off while engaging enemies but moving quickly over enemies let's you kill them before they've had time to aim up at you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

supremely powerful strat is using a wall run and jump to enter through a choke point in the air at the same time as a teammate on the ground so they get killed and you can mop up almost unchallenged

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

YES I DID

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Look at the fuckin score of the other teams top guy just from shooting poo poo down

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

GET MY BELT SON posted:

BLOGHOUSE MAKES ME SO ANGRY

Find the closest people to you and beat them. Take your anger out on them. Let the hate flow.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Look at the fuckin score of the other teams top guy just from shooting poo poo down

There was one ground war tdm game the other day where the top guy on the other team had 0 kills. Anyone get a picture of that?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I play normally on PC but someone got me this for PS4 for christmas.

Holy gently caress why do people prefer this to PC? Its like i'm playing in molasses with a bunch of 1 year olds.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm sad no one has a mic

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

There was one ground war tdm game the other day where the top guy on the other team had 0 kills. Anyone get a picture of that?

Thanks for saving this for posterity, Jetpack. This was even before all the Christmas tree's showed up.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm sad no one has a mic

This is what happens when you jump ship to the PS4. Still time to come back to the Bone.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RBX posted:

Holy gently caress why do people prefer this to PC? Its like i'm playing in molasses with a bunch of 1 year olds.

Because you can use XIM and get a mechanical advantage against every other player.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So yeah, BLOPS3 totally needs to have autoaim or something on PC because holy hell people move so fast in this game. What's the best choice on LMGs, by the way? I've been using the starter because that's like the one gun in the game I can get to kill things before they kill me.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
at it again with a group doing dom, https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzinator .

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dredge is burst-fire so it's brutal if you can get that crosshair on someone, while the Gorgon is basically an automatic sniper-rifle, and they are both good in their own specific way. The BRM and Dingo are the only comparable LMGs, and of them I prefer the Dingo for no real reason other than it eats babies.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

:(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bloghouse is cool and good. That said, the best cod bros are the Extinction crew. They're the best of the best. Even Cajun who was high as balls half the time we played.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lazyfire posted:

So yeah, BLOPS3 totally needs to have autoaim or something on PC because holy hell people move so fast in this game. What's the best choice on LMGs, by the way? I've been using the starter because that's like the one gun in the game I can get to kill things before they kill me.

Autoaim isn't necessary, strafe into targets. Take stock if you need. Use the Dingo, it's basically an oversized AR.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lady Naga posted:

Autoaim isn't necessary, strafe into targets. Take stock if you need. Use the Dingo, it's basically an oversized AR.

I need something, I can't hit poo poo and everyone is flying around like nuts. Granted, my last COD was BLOPS II and I've been playing CS:GO and Battlefield since then so the wall running and double jumping is kind of new for me.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Turn your sensitivity way down, use your mouse only for fine-tuning your reticule and track your targets by strafing left/right depending on what'll put them in your sights. Keep your gun aimed a little above center mass. Use awareness plus headphones and stop sprinting around so much so you know where dudes are coming from. Make sure your FOV is as high as you can make it without it being uncomfortable on your eyes. Normally I'd say that if enemies are jumping around it puts them in a predictable arc but CoD seems to be fast enough that's not really relevant so if the guy you're shooting is jumping around a bunch it's not a bad idea to try and predict his movement and jump with him to track.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I feel like by this time of the year I'm usually sick of The New Call of Duty but nah I got it on launch day and this game is still fun as hell to me. It's weird but I'm kind of nervous and unsure how long it will last ..... it's just so mindless/cathartic though and I find it really relaxing and fun to play after work and shoot dudes and watch some numbers go up

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Going for headshots with the Gorgon is annoying as hell because it's 2 hits no matter where you hit. So I'm just playing with it without even trying for headshots and hoping to get lucky sometimes. The gun is a goddamn beast.

Gorgon is also the generator of my only two pieces of hate mail I have received. "poo poo camper noob" will always live in my PS4 messages. I got a strange one today that said "Lightgun?? noob" and I still don't understand what it means, but it has noob in it so it counts as hate mail.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ran into my first definite hacker today (he had a cheating website as a name and told us he was advertising for it). Flicking around getting headshot after headshot. Then I played a game right after, and ran into this guy. Pretty sure he was considering the multiple single shot kills through smoke without a UAV or thermal. He was also only level 19. So if you want to spend 4 minutes watching me get owned while everyone on my team quits and I'm trying to win 1 v 4 then have a blast!

https://youtu.be/5ipqZR5k2qc

I mean, like I said, he might just be really good and played all the other CoDs, but it just seemed super fishy.

Superanos posted:

Going for headshots with the Gorgon is annoying as hell because it's 2 hits no matter where you hit. So I'm just playing with it without even trying for headshots and hoping to get lucky sometimes. The gun is a goddamn beast.

Gorgon is also the generator of my only two pieces of hate mail I have received. "poo poo camper noob" will always live in my PS4 messages. I got a strange one today that said "Lightgun?? noob" and I still don't understand what it means, but it has noob in it so it counts as hate mail.

I had someone get mad at me for using the "noob cannon". I had the Man O War equipped.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RBX posted:

because pc is a trash tier platform

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it'll get better once u unlearn the bad habits of pc playing

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Its official it is 100% impossible to get a zombies team of pubbies to not all quit or be idle.

E; If anyone is down to play zombies sometime add me Pizzzaa_Man Ps4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

The BRM or the Dredge are the best LMGs overall. The Gorgon is really slow so its hard to use outside long ranges, and the Dingo is a weak bullet hose.

Play with a controller and piss off PC COD streamers.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
I am enjoying your twitches, fuzz and versus. It's interesting to see where you hang out on maps and what you're looking at. I also didn't know you could feather your boosts like that to get some really far glides going. I didn't think I would care to watch others but I really enjoy it actually.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

The BRM or the Dredge are the best LMGs overall. The Gorgon is really slow so its hard to use outside long ranges, and the Dingo is a weak bullet hose.

Play with a controller and piss off PC COD streamers.

Seconding the "Gorgon is a Sniper Rifle" notion. Obviously, it wouldn't matter on HC modes since it's HC and all.

Also, I almost thought of going controller on PC. I even have the Xbox 360 controller for it.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I didnt

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Silenced Brecci, Dead Silence, Hardcore Domination. It's such a good match.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I will be going into first prestige soon. What's the consensus on the best first perm unlock? I'm thinking dead silence, but have a fondness for engineer as well.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I guess the silencer changes worked despite how poorly they are explained on the statistics. I don't see to many of them, except on sniper rifles where Drift0r said they have no affect whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

housefly posted:

I will be going into first prestige soon. What's the consensus on the best first perm unlock? I'm thinking dead silence, but have a fondness for engineer as well.

Dead silence is a good option. When I choose, I always unlock high level stuff first.

• Locked thread