Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

valuum posted:

There's a tabard? Where's the tabard?

e: log on, dummy!

The tabard's at the guild store (accessible from the bank). It costs 2000 gold and is quite fetching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
SO what server/faction should i join if i want to pvp with goons? and what class is the current op bullshit in pvp

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Farg posted:

SO what server/faction should i join if i want to pvp with goons? and what class is the current op bullshit in pvp

EP for goon on goon action. Nightblade is FOTM (but they're getting nerfed because apparently they were causing server lag with Ambush spam)

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
The Tabard is not at all fetching. It's horrid and delightfully so.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Could use a guild invite - @aldashin, on EP.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sogol posted:

The Tabard is not at all fetching. It's horrid and delightfully so.
Truly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :v:

isk posted:

Could use a guild invite - @aldashin, on EP.
Invite sent, welcome to the guild.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
hello I am @Bigwigge, I would like to join the EP goon guild and the crafting guild if that's still a thing. I like crafting.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BigwigML posted:

hello I am @Bigwigge, I would like to join the EP goon guild and the crafting guild if that's still a thing. I like crafting.

EP invite sent

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

BigwigML posted:

I'll send the crafting one in a bit!

BigwigML posted:

Sogol posted:

Crafting guild? Yes please!

@naktl

Sent!

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 26, 2015

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Crafting guild? Yes please!

@naktl

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Just got this as I had a PS store gift card so if there's still a PS4 NA lizard guild can you invite? PSN name: Squirrel_zipper

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
well i made the drunken mistake of buying this game since it was on sale

account name is MelvinDoo, if i can get an invite to the guild

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

squirrelzipper posted:

Just got this as I had a PS store gift card so if there's still a PS4 NA lizard guild can you invite? PSN name: Squirrel_zipper

Sent. There's a AD and DC guild, too, but I dropped them due to no one here playing anymore, so if you want invites to those guilds, you might have a rough time.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

JackBadass posted:

Sent. There's a AD and DC guild, too, but I dropped them due to no one here playing anymore, so if you want invites to those guilds, you might have a rough time.

Cool thanks, I'm playing lizard pact so that's perfect, without chat it's kind of less critical I guess.

I went sorc and I will say there's some visceral satisfaction to the skills - zzzshwack BOOM goes my lightning. If all weapons/classes have that kind of meaty impact this could be fun. I'm easy to entertain.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

squirrelzipper posted:

Cool thanks, I'm playing lizard pact so that's perfect, without chat it's kind of less critical I guess.

I went sorc and I will say there's some visceral satisfaction to the skills - zzzshwack BOOM goes my lightning. If all weapons/classes have that kind of meaty impact this could be fun. I'm easy to entertain.

I sent a Kush Covenant invite, too. Really helps in this game to be part of a huge trade guild.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
If you would like to be in the DC guild on PC let us know. We assume no one actually cares since there's about 3 of us who play DC. I think we're basically just keeping it around for a second guild bank (it's mostly full anyway).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's a certain feeling of accomplishment you get when you take a group of pubbies who have never done veteran Darkshade before and you manage to guide them through the Engine Guardian fight and get it right the first time around.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Scyantific posted:

There's a certain feeling of accomplishment you get when you take a group of pubbies who have never done veteran Darkshade before and you manage to guide them through the Engine Guardian fight and get it right the first time around.

You should get an achievement just for that. Every time I get a newbie I'll be explaining the fight and the guy will usually go "right rdy. Let's goooo" every time I add a sentence. Wait hold on I didn't get to the poison part--oh you pulled.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rough Lobster posted:

You should get an achievement

Speaking of, I just got an achievement for murdering a mommy bear and her cub, slightly off the track in a public dungeon. I was expecting something like Pupkiller/Peacebreaker/Worst Hero, but ended up with another Yourethemannowdog. I guess the game has spoiled me previously.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
A crafting guild, too? Nice. Invite please - @aldashin

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I haven't played in ages and my Dragonknight is sitting here with refunded skill points. Last I played it was all about sword and board, what skills are useful these days?

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.
Did someone say crafting guild?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Arrath posted:

I haven't played in ages and my Dragonknight is sitting here with refunded skill points. Last I played it was all about sword and board, what skills are useful these days?

Sword and board is obviously the choice for tanks, which DKs are great as. I understand at some point in the past S&B could also get great DPS with bashing, which is no longer the case. But if you want to be a highly sought after tank/survive easier in Cyro, go for it.

Muggsy
Mar 30, 2011
I just started this game yesterday, so I still have no idea what I'm doing. Would it still be ok if I join the EP guild? @Shivani

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

You should get an achievement just for that. Every time I get a newbie I'll be explaining the fight and the guy will usually go "right rdy. Let's goooo" every time I add a sentence. Wait hold on I didn't get to the poison part--oh you pulled.

This, but two people are left behind when the door closes.

Muggsy posted:

I just started this game yesterday, so I still have no idea what I'm doing. Would it still be ok if I join the EP guild? @Shivani

Sure, just submit a 500 word essay and your single-target dps and screw that invite sent.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 27, 2015

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

squirrelzipper posted:

If you send a psn message to NSASpyMachine I'll remember to hop on later this afternoon and invite you to the other guilds. I don't think the shared banks have been cleared out on them, but they're kind of dead.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I never got an invite so posting again for @MelvinDoo tia

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

isk posted:

A crafting guild, too? Nice. Invite please - @aldashin

Sneaking posted:

Did someone say crafting guild?

Muggsy posted:

Rufio posted:

I never got an invite so posting again for @MelvinDoo tia

All sent for trade or EP as asked

Moakley
Mar 19, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

If you would like to be in the DC guild on PC let us know. We assume no one actually cares since there's about 3 of us who play DC. I think we're basically just keeping it around for a second guild bank (it's mostly full anyway).

I've been out of the game for a bit. I'm playing Daggerfall Covenant right now. It'd be appreciated if you could toss an invite to @PommeDeTerreur, character name Sir Whale Cry. The game's moderately boring without some chatter.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVBRDR-U-w

This is brilliant.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

Sword and board is obviously the choice for tanks, which DKs are great as. I understand at some point in the past S&B could also get great DPS with bashing, which is no longer the case. But if you want to be a highly sought after tank/survive easier in Cyro, go for it.

Yeah the old bash and smash was what I used to run, right now I'm staying with the S&B just getting a feel for things again.

Bearspeed
Nov 11, 2011

Accelerating to bear speed since 1988.
Took the plunge and picked this game up. Could I get an invite to EP Goons? @Bearspeed

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Trying this game for the second time. Had trouble killing anything the first time around for some reason. Going Nightblade this time. Can @Elmonielin get an invite to the EP guild.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Thinking about grabbing this while its on sale. Only other time I played it was in beta and I thought the game felt a little stiff, from what I remember.

I'm assuming its better now. I didn't give the game a legitimate chance the first time around.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Combo posted:

Thinking about grabbing this while its on sale. Only other time I played it was in beta and I thought the game felt a little stiff, from what I remember.

I'm assuming its better now. I didn't give the game a legitimate chance the first time around.

The game has gotten significantly better from launch. That being said there are still a lot of areas where they need to improve, but it's definitely enjoyable now instead of a horrible grind to endgame.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

If you're worried about if the games fun or engrossing, have a valueless anecdote. You can train your horse basically once a day in one of three categories (speed, stamina, additional storage). One of them gets raised 1% each time you train it, to a maximum of 60%. I just maxed out all three categories on my main, so that's a minimum of 180 days I've played. That's not including the days I forgot etc. So I think the games definitely worth the money. There's still a good deal of content I haven't completed.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I got this game for Christmas out of the blue and I've been having a moderate amount of fun with it. I made a Redguard dude because I wanted to be a cool Afro-Wizard, but does this mean I won't be able to do things with the goon guild?

Either way, I'd appreciate an invite @Vanderdood

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

I made a Redguard dude because I wanted to be a cool Afro-Wizard, but does this mean I won't be able to do things with the goon guild?

It means you won't be able to PvP, but pluto and I can do DC/AD pledge runs and such when you get to vet ranks. Also you have excellent taste.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

I got this game for Christmas out of the blue and I've been having a moderate amount of fun with it. I made a Redguard dude because I wanted to be a cool Afro-Wizard, but does this mean I won't be able to do things with the goon guild?

Either way, I'd appreciate an invite @Vanderdood

Drop a few bucks on the explorer pack and you can do goon stuff with goons.

In other news, I will make an effort to write up a bunch of stuff that is helpful for newbies and put it in the second post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

Drop a few bucks on the explorer pack and you can do goon stuff with goons.

That only works when you create the character though, not for existing characters. At least that's what I found out somewhere after I got the pack.

• Locked thread