Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This seems really daunting to start with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

Eh, I guess I won't give PGI money in the end. No C-Bill bonus is a deal breaker in my money/time evaluation. I'll just get a Streakcrow since I have 13mln Cbills; and I'll use the 1715MCs I have lying around to buy an Oxide (since I already have a Jenner with lasers with all the basics unlocked and several thousand extra mechxp). Is there a good build for it? Streaks? I don't think I can use the aforementioned build for the IIc as that uses Clantech?

Edit: also, as far as I know the 50% discount won't work on mastery packs, right?

Still worth buying some MC and buying mastery packs though. The Mastery packs give you 30 days premium, 1 regular variant, 1 champion variant (sometimes these have a nice engine you can pluck for something else), and 1 hero mech with 30% cbill boost. All the mechs come with their own garage parking so you don't have to buy any. Also, a nice perk is that some of them have statues for cockpit items.
The mastery packs are like straight up 50% off everything in the package.

30 day premium = 2500 MC
3 Mech Bays = 900 MC
3 Mechs = varies

Firestarter pack is 4350 MC, you basically pay 950 MC for 3 FSHs. Ember at 50% off is still 1312 MC not counting the price of a mech bay.
Cataphract 8820 MC, 5420 for 3 CTFs. Marmoset is 2625 MC at 50% off not counting mech bay.

Premium time + Hero mech = almost doubled cbills per match.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Good times with goons:

(we ended up winning the game)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Love Stole the Day posted:

Good times with goons:

(we ended up winning the game)

I hope you cheered him up with a squawk?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ZenVulgarity posted:

This seems really daunting to start with

It is, and it used to be way worse. Do the tutorial, then pick a trial robot and hit quick play and blunder around for a bit. Follow the group, hit R when you see a red triangle, and shoot the biggest robot you can see. Then watch other people after you die. Then jump in with goons.

It's got a steep learning curve, and after like a couple of hundred hours I'm still adequate at best but it's weirdly compelling.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Yeah this is what I did and I'm okay at the game now. Think of it as CS:GO /world of tanks. at least that's how I see this game

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Think of it as CS:GO /world of tanks. at least that's how I see this game

This fills my inner child's heart with sadness for some reason

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Why? There both OK games and MWO is an OK game so it works out.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Whelp got all my quick match stockings, now theres the 75 CW ones :shepface:.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
How long is the event?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

ScorpioMajesty posted:

How long is the event?

Until January 4th so not insurmountable, but definitely a grind.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Do LRMs no longer have a minimum range?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
IS LRMs have a hard minimum range. Clan LRMs have a soft minimum range where they do progressively less damage the closer you are.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
how easy is it to get MC from the event? i need about 175 more to buy a Jester

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Verry hard I've gotten 15

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I love goon on goon violence.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

teepo posted:

I've received 45 MC out of 26 pulls so far.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
If I got 3600 MC what should I buy as a heavy or assault mech? Looking for ideas.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

teepo posted:

It's not easy or hard, it's just the luck of the draw. I've gotten over 400 MC out of 50 draws so far.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Xii posted:

If I got 3600 MC what should I buy as a heavy or assault mech? Looking for ideas.

Marmoset or Misery.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Xii posted:

Giant enemy crab!

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Reinstalled last Wednesday and been playin a little. Having lots of fun, but I'm still in FLJK and that's dead or something? Supposed to go back to WoL? Name is Fauxtool in game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

HexDog posted:

Reinstalled last Wednesday and been playin a little. Having lots of fun, but I'm still in FLJK and that's dead or something? Supposed to go back to WoL? Name is Fauxtool in game.

We told you two nights ago to join either GIRL or WoL and get in mumble but you ignored us.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Skoll posted:

We told you two nights ago to join either GIRL or WoL and get in mumble but you ignored us.

I messaged Khaz, but he said I had to wait for Tmerc or someone.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The trial crow has convinced me that I finally need to take the plunge into the dark side. I have something like 38m C-bills stocked up; which 3 do I buy and how do I game the system so I can sell them later with no real repercussions? Do I level them up and then sell the other two CTs and keep the omnipods? I'm not sure how clan systems work.

edit: does it even matter which ones I actually buy? I guess the CTs don't matter but the C and D have hardpoints I like.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 27, 2015

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Xii posted:

NONE.

Seriously. Save the MC for heroes on sale or mech bays.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

novaSphere posted:

The trial crow has convinced me that I finally need to take the plunge into the dark side. I have something like 38m C-bills stocked up; which 3 do I buy and how do I game the system so I can sell them later with no real repercussions? Do I level them up and then sell the other two CTs and keep the omnipods? I'm not sure how clan systems work.

edit: does it even matter which ones I actually buy? I guess the CTs don't matter but the C and D have hardpoints I like.

Just buy any three variants, you'll be buying/swapping extra omnipods for most builds anyway.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

novaSphere posted:

You answered your own question.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Buy the cheapest ones, swap omnipods you like, have fun.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Omnimechs and omnipods are an excellent argument for getting rid of the prerequisite to basic out a whole bunch of chassis just to elite one of them.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Yeah this is what I did and I'm okay at the game now. Think of it as CS:GO /world of tanks. at least that's how I see this game

I'm coming from WoT to this and it's pretty surprising how very similar they are. There are more things the same about them than there are differences really. I guess that made it a bit easier to get into this though.

Also I got myself a streakcrow. And holy poo poo it seems good as gently caress.

I am routinely getting 600+ damage a game. Besides the shot spread and limited ammo it has everything going for it. It feels like the mobility of a light with the firepower and survivability of a heavy. Here's hoping it's just as good with regular SRMs.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
my current IS contract is up, so I added myself to the doc.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Attention all GIRL and Clan faction members

It's time

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Hey, freaky-but-sincere question: Does TAG laser improve (regular) SRM grouping? I got some dude absolutely convinced it does, and I'm...skeptical, to say the least. :geno:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Pooncha posted:

Hey, freaky-but-sincere question: Does TAG laser improve (regular) SRM grouping? I got some dude absolutely convinced it does, and I'm...skeptical, to say the least. :geno:

It absolutely does not. SRMs don't give a drat, and the most it should do to streaks is just improve their lockon time.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Paingod556 posted:

It's time

Maybe I should have joined GIRL....What is that other planet that is like...the something pleasure retreat? I thought that would be another goon target.

You know, even though the Boar's Head isn't the best brawling Atlas anymore, I still love the dumb thing. It's alpha is 20 points lower than the D-DC, but I still tend to do better with the BH. With the M Pulse and AC/20 cool down, it's DPS is pretty high. I managed to get a few lucky head shots against regulars I see all the time (and they don't even bitch about it). I don't like Tier 2 for the over competitive nature of it sometimes, but some of the regular players tend to be fairly chill and a lot of fun in chat when you die because your team abandons you. I ended up being a sacrifice to help the team win at some point, and the team chat was pretty cool about it. Using an Atlas to divert half the enemy team on Therma and lure them out of the center, then core 4-5 of them is fantastic. Tier 2 has a few super lovely people, but overall I guess it isn't so bad. I would love to be back in Tier 5 with the Boar's Head right now though. I could use the 400-500K per match again.

Boar's Head is also the only none light that I can think of that benefits from ferro fibrous armor over endo-steel.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Paingod556 posted:

It's time

Can I switch to GIRL for this event? All I have are Shadow Cats, though.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Which of the hero heavies would you guys recommend? The TBolt looks pretty good, but I have always been a fan of catapults.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Does GIRL have a doc to sign up in as well, or should I just politely ask for EpsilonPlus to be added and PMed with the necessary info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Takkaryx posted:

Which of the hero heavies would you guys recommend? The TBolt looks pretty good, but I have always been a fan of catapults.

Illest Marmoset.

• Locked thread