Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sheep-Goats posted:

2nd dadliest dish

Guess what bitch I finished it at 500 degrees that's right bitch howyoulikemenow howyoulikemenow huh howyoulikemenow yeah howyoulikemenow howyoulikemenow

My boss bought a $200 pack of dines like these for Christmas and his wife cooked them completely through by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Shoulda bought her a 50 dollar doghouse to live in out in the yard with the other grabastic animals IMO

Also please text that picture to your boss

raton fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 27, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Had some 'dines in harissa sauce from trader Joe's today and holy cow you all need to try these.

Possibly best I've ever had. Extremely addictive just nice and little bit of spice and just enough salt to keep you craving more, I could have eaten them all day.

Unfortunately after lunch snacking on 'dines and cheeses had to eat Satan's own favorite style of fish -- lutefisk ):

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sardines are very good, if you have any anchovies I recommend putting them in your spaghetti sauce, they're amazing when sauteed with onions and garlic.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I gave a 15 year old a KO dine in jalapeņo sauce today.

He told me I'm cooler than his real dad.

:ohdear:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
did he really say 'cooler', or did he say 'less uncool'?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

did he really say 'cooler', or did he say 'less uncool'?

I dunno, I couldn't understand him too well. He kept talking about tweeters and riddits and poo poo.

loving kids. Need more dines in their lives.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
maybe he meant cooler as in cold and distant

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Thump! posted:

I gave a 15 year old a KO dine in jalapeņo sauce today.

He told me I'm cooler than his real dad.

:ohdear:

Unfilial son!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If King Oscar was alive today would you follow him into battle against the naysayers of sardines?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

If King Oscar was alive today would you follow him into battle against the naysayers of sardines?

I would slay every Danish bastard I met in his name.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nooner posted:

Had some 'dines in harissa sauce from trader Joe's today and holy cow you all need to try these.

drat, I was there today and completely overlooked those somehow. I did pick up a tin of the lightly smoked in olive oil variety. Hopefully gonna post my virgin dine report tomorrow, though I am still considering ordering the smoked skinless fillets from 2 pages ago before I try these to ease myself into it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You'll be okay son just follow the gameplan and keep your eyes on the prize.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
There was some left over lutefisk and I tried to feed it to my parents cats and they were having none of it. One smelled it and turned around and just walked away, the other licked it once and looked up at me like "Wtf you gave me good rear end salmon yesterday you traitor" and then hosed off to the garage presumably to eat as much kitty food it could to get taste out if it's mouth

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nooner posted:

There was some left over lutefisk and I tried to feed it to my parents cats and they were having none of it. One smelled it and turned around and just walked away, the other licked it once and looked up at me like "Wtf you gave me good rear end salmon yesterday you traitor" and then hosed off to the garage presumably to eat as much kitty food it could to get taste out if it's mouth

When I initially read this post I missed reading the word "cats" and I thought you just had weird parents.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nooner posted:

A smart catte. Lutefisk is loving foul.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

DiggityDoink posted:

A smart catte. Lutefisk is loving foul.

it's an "acquired taste" for sure :sweden:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
sardines own, imo

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Hi 'dine thread. I have been lurking this and the old thread for a while and want to try sardines.

My only experience with canned fish is tuna however. I saw someone post it tastes like a much less dry canned tuna, is this generally true? I like tuna but I am weird about salmon which is why I am asking. Idk, I tried many types of salmon and just can't get into it.

Also I'm in Quebec and the only brand I ever see is Clover. Are they okay or should I keep looking? Amazon.ca is expensive :ohdear:

thank you and god bless

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

October Revolution posted:

Hi 'dine thread. I have been lurking this and the old thread for a while and want to try sardines.

My only experience with canned fish is tuna however. I saw someone post it tastes like a much less dry canned tuna, is this generally true? I like tuna but I am weird about salmon which is why I am asking. Idk, I tried many types of salmon and just can't get into it.

Also I'm in Quebec and the only brand I ever see is Clover. Are they okay or should I keep looking? Amazon.ca is expensive :ohdear:

thank you and god bless

Steal a car, even if you own one, steal a car. Get in that car and drive west until you find a store that sells King Oscar. When you get to that store get out and go to the nearest bar and start to play pool or pinball or possibly even foosball and wait to get into a fight. Then buy some dines. Afterwards, get back in that car and drive it until it runs out of gas. Then, torch it. And, as you're standing there watching those flames, eat those dines straight out of the can chasing them with bites of sour dough bread. Once you've finished the can if you're not grossed out then you are a dines fan.

Wanna know how I know? Wanna know who told me? Well, last year, the girl on the Season loving sardine can told me, that's who.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
sardine good

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just bought Sardines from amazon because I haven't had em in a while thanks thread

I could just go to the store but I'm lazy

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Do you 'dine dads have any favorite sardine salad recipes?

I'm thinking feta cheese and tomatoes would go well but with em, but I suck at salad-making and could use some ingredients that would accent the 'dines nicely

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

AEMINAL posted:

Do you 'dine dads have any favorite sardine salad recipes?

no. once they're out of the tin they never make it past my mouth. :smith:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Nooner posted:

Possibly best I've ever had. Extremely addictive just nice and little bit of spice and just enough salt to keep you craving more, I could have eaten them all day.

Unfortunately after lunch snacking on 'dines and cheeses had to eat Satan's own favorite style of fish -- lutefisk ):

i had these and while the fish is good the harissa was just neon orange oil for me, ill get them next time and add my own harissa or other spicy stuff

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Because of this thread, my wife and I decided to try a can of KOs in olive oil for the first time. Threw em on some Ritz with some spicy sweet mustard and some 17th Street seasoning salt. The dines were delicious.

Thank you thread, I feel like a proper dad now.

naem
May 29, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

Because of this thread, my wife and I decided to try a can of KOs in olive oil for the first time. Threw em on some Ritz with some spicy sweet mustard and some 17th Street seasoning salt. The dines were delicious.

Thank you thread, I feel like a proper dad now.

Your wife is also a dad (cinrgtulation)

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
lotta fuckin 'dine tourism going on here

lotta loving nancies coming by bragging about putting condiments and salt on they canned fish

lotta loving wannabies coming around man i'm tellin ya

dine gentrification happening

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wait, are you saying only black people should eat fines?

SMH

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So after our previous experiment in metal bound fish, we decided to pick up a can of this along with a couple of tins of KO(Mediterranean and Jalapeņo).

I'm completely new to this, have never heard of kippers outside of hazy recollections of The Wild Thornberries, and Bar Harbor seems highly recommended(I've been to their retail warehouse in Orlando a couple of times, great place to get fresh seafood for lunch).

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Shmashing

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
ate a tin of dines on pita with honeycup mustard 5/5 would dine again

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
if u don't like these dines *shakes tin of KO* then u can suck on this dine *grabs cock & balls*

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Tried KO Kipper snack on some sourdough bread earlier. Delicious! Super smokey, will buy again.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Minarch posted:

ate a tin of dines on pita with honey

Im reeling

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
'diners, dine-ins, and dads

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
i had a hideous looking can of russian 'fried sprats in tomato sauce' and they were gross as a motherfucker

if they were entire fish in sauce that was less sweet they would have been great but instead of was sprat salad in runny garbage sauce

not recommended

huskarl_marx fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 27, 2015

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

'diners, dine-ins, and dads

for five hundred, trebek

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Okay so the ""best"" kind I could find at the closest grocery store was the mustard Brunswicks and they were pretty decent. Definitely gonna start searching for the King Oscars tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

October Revolution posted:

Okay so the ""best"" kind I could find at the closest grocery store was the mustard Brunswicks and they were pretty decent. Definitely gonna start searching for the King Oscars tho!

They have a pretty neat product locator on their site