Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kyte posted:

(Also how many more until she achieves the legendary 1:3 body/leg ratio)

Might actually already be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't help thinking some dog pissed on her leg like a fire hydrant help

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm pretty sure that when the minks say that Sanji can't return it's just because of Zou so he has no reliable way to find it again.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
it's luffy is going to tame and pilot zou to go beat down big mam

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Good One Piece chapter, Good Bleach chapter. An excellent week for shounen. Almost makes up for the break.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Thunderbro posted:

It can only happen if he finds a way to turn Zou into a nickname of some sort.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Thunderbro posted:

If Luffy finds a way to pilot the elephant, can the new thread title be Zou Zou's Pedals?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Good One Piece chapter, Good Bleach chapter. An excellent week for shounen. Almost makes up for the break.

When I said I was giving up on Bleach I meant it. :colbert: Nothing anyone says will make me go back.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's always great to see each Strawhat being able to take charge. Nami taking none of Wanda's poo poo, Chopper immediately knowing what needs to be done and setting it into motion. It's little moments like this that make One Piece so great. A lot of other shounen series just have the secondary characters stand around dazed and confused until the hero or someone in a leadership position shows up.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I'm really loving this arc. It feels very Water 7ish in that alot of cool and interesting stuff is happening in it, but you can't tell where the story is heading at all and you can feel something important is on the verge of happening the entire time. Hell the Minkmen even remind me of the carpenters in Water 7, where you have this collective group feel very competent and interesting.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Still pulling for it to be the Mocktown analogue and for them to need to head off to someplace even more strange and unbelievable (i.e. Skypiea) after a relatively short arc so that Luffy can help Sanji and beat the snot out of Big Mam.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

When I said I was giving up on Bleach I meant it. :colbert: Nothing anyone says will make me go back.

Same. Also great avatar

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Thanks! It's funny, I haven't watched the anime since Whitebeard died, but then I got to the Davey Back fight while rereading the manga and that entire anime opening has just stuck with me since I first saw it, and I suddenly realized there was the opportunity for a great avatar there.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Any bets on the first Yonkou getting defeated? Big Mam or Kaidou? I feel like it'll be in this order: Big Mam, Kaidou, Shanks, then finally Blackbeard before moving on to Raftel/One Piece and the ultimate conflict at Marineford v2.0/Mariejois.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Blackbeard is the end boss for sure.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Any bets on the first Yonkou getting defeated? Big Mam or Kaidou? I feel like it'll be in this order: Big Mam, Kaidou, Shanks, then finally Blackbeard before moving on to Raftel/One Piece and the ultimate conflict at Marineford v2.0/Mariejois.

I don't know--Oda seems like, at the moment, he's really putting them in opposition to Kaidou, what with Jack's atrocities in Zou. Plus, Kaidou was most directly affected by Doflamingo's fall, which might make Kaidou want them, too.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

My bet's on Whitebeard.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Big Mam isn't being built up as much as Kaidou in regards to her importance in the world, level of threat or how much her defeat would destabilize things, so going back to her after Kaidou would be an anti-climax. She's more immediately butting heads with the Straw Hats, so defeating her first would be a good introductory clash against the emperors before moving on to the bigger guns.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Shanks :unsmigghh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Big Mam isn't being built up as much as Kaidou in regards to her importance in the world, level of threat or how much her defeat would destabilize things, so going back to her after Kaidou would be an anti-climax. She's more immediately butting heads with the Straw Hats, so defeating her first would be a good introductory clash against the emperors before moving on to the bigger guns.

Yeah, what if it ends up being Luffy and co. has to rescue Sanji from Big Mam a la Robin and CP0/Enies Lobby? If Zou is this arc's parallel to Mocktown/Jaya/Skypeia, Wano will be similar to Water 7 and the conflict with Big Mam/Kaidou will be similar to Enies Lobby.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kyte posted:

So how many more chapters until her waist becomes nonexistent. :v:

(Also how many more until she achieves the legendary 1:3 body/leg ratio)

"Eichiro-honey, are you drawing Nami now?"
"...Yes Dear."
"Let me have a look"
"...Yes Dear"
"Oh this wont do, make her slimmer and taller"
"Agai-"
"Do it."

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I can't wait for Nami to finally meet up with Boa Hancock just to compare the artwork

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I can't wait for Nami to finally meet up with Boa Hancock just to compare the artwork

at least hancock actually is like 8 feet tall and not a midget strapped to giraffe legs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sinners Sandwich posted:

buddy, One Piece is rated t for teen, let's keep it that way

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't have a whole lot to say about the current arc in One Piece except I'm glad my old Caesar as Next Nakama platform is clearly carrying
Chopper's new friend Dr. Mengele

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
I've always thought that this particular super-arc (stretching back to the end of fishman island when big mam was introduced) was heading towards a simultaneous confrontation with Kaidou and Big Mam.

Blackbeard vs. Revolutionaries seems nigh, Kid/Hawkins/Apoo are striking at Shanks, the new Shichibukai is raising hell and targeting Luffy, there's an additional mystery admiral, to say nothing of the existing marine forces; an apparent World Government reverie is also approaching. I mean, jesus christ there is a lot going on; if we don't start tying some of these arcs together and resolving them in combination, I don't think that One Piece will finish for twenty years.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I am starting to get annoyed by how every single island has to introduce 1000x new characters. Hell most of the cast hasn't gotten to do much of anything since the timeskip, even before the timeskip they weren't around for 2 years then everyone got a quick token fight in fishman island a few got to do something in Punk Hazard then half the crew got dismissed so the colliseum dudes could steal the limelight. It feels like almost a decade since most of the crew were even characters.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

I am starting to get annoyed by how every single island has to introduce 1000x new characters. Hell most of the cast hasn't gotten to do much of anything since the timeskip, even before the timeskip they weren't around for 2 years then everyone got a quick token fight in fishman island a few got to do something in Punk Hazard then half the crew got dismissed so the colliseum dudes could steal the limelight. It feels like almost a decade since most of the crew were even characters.

They only properly introduced like 5 characters in Zou though? Jack, the two dukes, the 2 girldogs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Don't forget lion musketeer

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Kenpachi's Bankai

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The latest omnibus has reached the Tower of Law on Enies Lobby and Robin's flashback, so this holiday season has been doubly good for One Piece for me.

Parrotine posted:

Kenpachi's Bankai

Don't care. I have reassigned the last gently caress I gave about Bleach to more worthy causes. It feels better than anything Bleach gave me these past few years.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Don't care. I have reassigned the last gently caress I gave about Bleach to more worthy causes. It feels better than anything Bleach gave me these past few years.

Yoruichi's bombastic body + sideboobs + bare back????

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

socialsecurity posted:

Well, look at how Marineford introduced a whole medley of characters as allies of the Whitebeard fleet. They probably all have their own arcs and plots we don't even know about. We're just getting familiar with how vast the New World is, considering even low-level mooks are basically bad-asses in their own rights in this part of the world.

What I'm saying is that Oda is basically trying to turn One Piece into War and Peace but with pirates instead of Russians.

[e]: All complaints about this arc are automatically rendered null and void because of this dude:

:c00lbert:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 28, 2015

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

How could you be annoyed with the arc that introduces Dog Auron??

Also is Duke Dogstorm going to be the person to finally get a peg leg? Who's it going to be? Oda said that only the most legit badasses are going to get the peg leg and eyepatch, can he live up to the hype?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Thunderbro posted:

How could you be annoyed with the arc that introduces Dog Auron??

Also is Duke Dogstorm going to be the person to finally get a peg leg? Who's it going to be? Oda said that only the most legit badasses are going to get the peg leg and eyepatch, can he live up to the hype?

Technically Shiki already had sword-peglegs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Technically Shiki already had sword-peglegs.

And Franky has robo-peglegs.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And Zef from the Baratie

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Thunderbro posted:

Oda said that only the most legit badasses are going to get the peg leg and eyepatch, can he live up to the hype?

Didn't he just say that he had one particular character in mind for each of those iconic pirate characteristics? Not that only particularly badass characters would get them. Not that I doubt the characters with them will be badasses, but it's still a distinction. Also, I'm still betting it's Luffy that'll end up with the patch near or at the end of the story.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Well, look at how Marineford introduced a whole medley of characters as allies of the Whitebeard fleet. They probably all have their own arcs and plots we don't even know about. We're just getting familiar with how vast the New World is, considering even low-level mooks are basically bad-asses in their own rights in this part of the world.

What I'm saying is that Oda is basically trying to turn One Piece into War and Peace but with pirates instead of Russians.

[e]: All complaints about this arc are automatically rendered null and void because of this dude:

:c00lbert:

that handsome gentleman! and yeah One Piece is, officially the largest serialized epic of all time made by one dude. it's already a war and peace almost.

sometimes it's best to just sit back and enjoy the wild and crazy tertiary characters! heck that's half the fun of one piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many volumes long would a novelized One Piece series be?