Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

BabeLiker90 posted:

I'm still not sure between Karlos and Denard. I almost feel like no matter who I start I'll be okay. (Ppr)

I started Denard under these same circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I need a gut check. I'm currently starting the following at RB.

Hightower
Williams
Artis Payne

Am I being stupid benching both Miller and Gurley when they helped get me here? I had a huge game from Cousins last night so need a safe floor more than I need a high ceiling at this point I think. The usage/matchup issues have me really questioning who to play.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Baldwin if he plays. I'd honestly go Decker over Cobb at this point

Decker and Cobb

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My opponent in my champ game threw in Gillislee over sproles at the last minute last night. Is this guy actually going to do anything?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Which one is less poo poo right now, Joique Bell or Spencer Ware?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MacheteZombie posted:

My opponent in my champ game threw in Gillislee over sproles at the last minute last night. Is this guy actually going to do anything?

He has looked pretty good in his limited carries the last few games, but will likely play backup to Karlos Williams this week or at the least be in a timeshare. I would be surprised if he put up more than the 10 Sproles did in 0.5PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

I'm leaning Joique here. I know everyone's thinking the west/ware timeshare is back on, but I could see west getting all the touches and ware being "emergency" again.

I'll also say I'm not big on either guy,but joique might see a few more touches.

Edit: Sargent, thanks, I thought I missed the next big thing or whatever, lol.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm leaning Joique here. I know everyone's thinking the west/ware timeshare is back on, but I could see west getting all the touches and ware being "emergency" again.

I'll also say I'm not big on either guy,but joique might see a few more touches.

Yeah, this is a lovely situation, I've been weak at RB depth all saeason, but especially since Marshawn's down. I was rocking Yeldon/Andrews for a while, but without Yeldon, I'm scrambling.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
So I'm down 33-0 in the one league(12 team, ESPN standard scoring) in which I'm in the finals.

Hopefully he leaves Jeffery in and get a goose egg there, but I'm starting to second guess myself on QB and D/ST in particular. Help me goons.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ugh. WR2 for the Championship:

Doug Baldwin
Ted Ginn Jr.
Lockett

Obviously I play Baldwin over Lockett if he's playing (and I pay enough attention to find out an hour before the game - though it's looking likely at the moment). The hard question is whether Ginn makes sense over either.

MrSargent posted:

Hightower
Williams
Artis Payne

Am I being stupid benching both Miller and Gurley when they helped get me here? I had a huge game from Cousins last night so need a safe floor more than I need a high ceiling at this point I think. The usage/matchup issues have me really questioning who to play.

I don't think Miller's that bad a bet. But I also hope both Miller & Gurley crash & burn this week because my opponent has both.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

So I'm down 33-0 in the one league(12 team, ESPN standard scoring) in which I'm in the finals.

Hopefully he leaves Jeffery in and get a goose egg there, but I'm starting to second guess myself on QB and D/ST in particular. Help me goons.

As good as Bortles has been, I can't see sitting Ben for him. They both have tasty matchups but Ben has the proven track record so you have to go with him. As for your defense, I don't think you would be horribly wrong to play Pittsburgh over them, but they have been solid all year and Atlanta's offense hasn't looked good all year. I'd consider the Panthers D stud status.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

MrSargent posted:

As good as Bortles has been, I can't see sitting Ben for him. They both have tasty matchups but Ben has the proven track record so you have to go with him. As for your defense, I don't think you would be horribly wrong to play Pittsburgh over them, but they have been solid all year and Atlanta's offense hasn't looked good all year. I'd consider the Panthers D stud status.

Yeah- while the Panthers let me down in a couple of other leagues last week, I feel like this is a 'dance with the one that brought you' situation.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Veritek83 posted:

Play Bortles. When in doubt, bet against the NO Defense. (Disclaimer: I am a Jags fan.)

Keep the Panthers D in, though. Last time they played, the Falcons put up 0 points against them, and the Falcolns haven't gotten any better.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Veritek83 posted:

Yeah- while the Panthers let me down in a couple of other leagues last week, I feel like this is a 'dance with the one that brought you' situation.

Yah I can understand being a little upset with last week, but they are playing the team they held to 0 points just two weeks ago.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I've got the same QBs and I'm starting big ben. Steelers offense is on fire and it looks like they have a chance to improve their playoff standing significantly going forward.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
CMike or Calvin for a .5 ppr flex?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Starting 2 in 1 ppr 6 point per TD league.

Bilal Powel vs NE
Ameer Abudullah vs SF
Charles Sims vs CHI

I'm thinking Powell and Abdullah. Guy I'm facing got 13.5 out of sproles yesterday so need my guys to be able to cover that.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Ugh I keep flip flopping on this... Cmike, Gore, James White, Wheaton, or LaFell for my flex? Standard scoring. Stupid OBJ... I'm leaning Gore but I don't like it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone considered about Demaryius today? Brock is looking shaky back there, cinci is good on def, dthom has been dropping balls lately.

I have golden Tate vs sf, west vs cle, Lamar vs ind. .5 ppr

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

MacheteZombie posted:

Anyone considered about Demaryius today? Brock is looking shaky back there, cinci is good on def, dthom has been dropping balls lately.

Same concerns, but with Emmanuel Sanders. But my other flex options are Kearse and Ware and I'm 55 points down, soooo.....

In your case, I'd go with West if you don't play Demaryius.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Rorobb posted:

Ugh I keep flip flopping on this... Cmike, Gore, James White, Wheaton, or LaFell for my flex? Standard scoring. Stupid OBJ... I'm leaning Gore but I don't like it.

I've got different bad options, but I'm also flexing Gore this week. It's not ideal but...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I need a last minute gut check to know I'm right here. PPR. I've been in this league a decade and I haven't won and it feels like I should be taking down the title this weekend but I'm so nervous :ohdear:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

/\ Looks good to me at least.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I'm second-guessing starting Bilal Powell vs NE over Hightower vs JAC in half-PPR. Hightower seems more reliable, but Powell's targets the last 5 games: 7, 5, 13, 5, 7. Although Hightower went from never getting targets to getting 4 last week...

Second opinion anyone?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I need a last minute gut check to know I'm right here. PPR. I've been in this league a decade and I haven't won and it feels like I should be taking down the title this weekend but I'm so nervous :ohdear:

I'd consider Hightower over Karlos but they're both solid options. Same with Stafford over Russ, but Russ is at home so seems legit.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Cobb, Denard Robinson, Cooks. PPR, pick two? Thinking first two due to Honeybadger injury and likelihood of Saints implosion.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
.5 PPR FLEX spot

My options are Randall Cobb, Lamar Miller, or Tim Hightower

Was gonna play Cobb, but the report that Peterson is gonna cover him has me wanting to play Miller instead. Thoughts?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Unsure about my Flex, RB2 and WR2 spots. yahoo standard 0ppr. For 3rd place after losing by 1 point last week (gently caress Eddie Lacy)

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pmchem posted:

Cobb, Denard Robinson, Cooks. PPR, pick two? Thinking first two due to Honeybadger injury and likelihood of Saints implosion.

Cooks for sure

Denard has a higher floor and is a safe pick in that spot, Cobb has a higher ceiling and is the riskier pick in that spot. Decide accordingly!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Start Denard Robinson or Rueben Randle? Already have ARob and Bort going. Don't want to load up on Jags.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm sitting Lamar Miller in my semis. Sorry dude. Sore quad and ankle plus lovely playcalling equals me not playing him.

I'm rolling with Woodhead who already got a solid 10 and:

McFadden
Hightower

Artis-Payne

Any reason to roll with C-AP over Hightower or DMC? Cam is my QB.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Flex position, no PPR:

Ginn @ ATL
Hilton @ MIA
Lamar Miller vs. IND
Artis-Payne @ ATL
Wheaton @ BAL

I have too many options :qq:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Delanie Walker or Julius Thomas? Both are solid loving options and I can't pick between them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Crunkjuice posted:

Delanie Walker or Julius Thomas? Both are solid loving options and I can't pick between them

I'd roll with Thomas because of the matchup.

And thanks for your help pmchem and SurgicalOntologist

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Aiken.

Flex one of the following in standard (I can't make up my mind!):

Artis-Payne vs Atlanta
Hillman vs Cincinnati
Kearse vs St. Louis
CMike vs. St.Louis

Artis-Payne.

Moxie posted:

Decker
Cobb
Baldwin (Q)
Megatron (Q)
Moncrief (Q)

:smith: Starting Cobb as of this moment

Decke if Baldwin is out.

BabeLiker90 posted:

I'm still not sure between Karlos and Denard. I almost feel like no matter who I start I'll be okay. (Ppr)

Denard.

MrSargent posted:

Hightower
Williams
Artis Payne

I would put Gurley in over Williams, personally. I prefer proven assets to folks in potential timeshares, but I could be wrong. I don't know WTF to make up Miller.

Vargo posted:

Bell.

Arcturas posted:

Ugh. WR2 for the Championship:

Doug Baldwin
Ted Ginn Jr.
Lockett

Obviously I play Baldwin over Lockett if he's playing (and I pay enough attention to find out an hour before the game - though it's looking likely at the moment). The hard question is whether Ginn makes sense over either.

Ted Ginn Jr. has scored 20+ points the last three weeks and is clearly a stud in the offense. I would go with him.

BigFactory posted:

CMike or Calvin for a .5 ppr flex?

CMike. I don't know WTF is up with Megatron and I don't want to know.

KidDynamite posted:

Starting 2 in 1 ppr 6 point per TD league.

Bilal Powel vs NE
Ameer Abudullah vs SF
Charles Sims vs CHI

I'm thinking Powell and Abdullah. Guy I'm facing got 13.5 out of sproles yesterday so need my guys to be able to cover that.

Sounds viable. It's a coin flip.

Rorobb posted:

CMike.

MacheteZombie posted:

West is a must start this week.

Spoeank posted:

You're good.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Second opinion anyone?

Go with your gut.

pmchem posted:

Denard and Cooks.

Arkane posted:

.5 PPR FLEX spot

My options are Randall Cobb, Lamar Miller, or Tim Hightower

Was gonna play Cobb, but the report that Peterson is gonna cover him has me wanting to play Miller instead. Thoughts?

Go with your gut.

dxt posted:

Unsure about my Flex, RB2 and WR2 spots. yahoo standard 0ppr. For 3rd place after losing by 1 point last week (gently caress Eddie Lacy)

You're good.

SeannieDarko posted:

Start Denard Robinson or Rueben Randle? Already have ARob and Bort going. Don't want to load up on Jags.

Denard Robinson. Load up on Jags.

BonoMan posted:

I'm sitting Lamar Miller in my semis. Sorry dude. Sore quad and ankle plus lovely playcalling equals me not playing him.

I'm rolling with Woodhead who already got a solid 10 and:

McFadden
Hightower

Artis-Payne

Any reason to roll with C-AP over Hightower or DMC? Cam is my QB.

Go with your gut here. C-AP has a great matchup but DMC is the only thing left in Dallas. I might consider C-AP over Hightower but I think you'll be fine.

illcendiary posted:

Flex position, no PPR:

Ginn @ ATL
Hilton @ MIA
Lamar Miller vs. IND
Artis-Payne @ ATL
Wheaton @ BAL

I have too many options :qq:

Artis-Payne.

Crunkjuice posted:

Julius.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SeannieDarko posted:

Why not? They face the worst D in the league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fantasy Football 2016:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
^^^ Oh for gently caress's sake.

Half PPR with 2RB and a flex. Currently starting Gurley (@Sea), Artis-Payne (@Atl), and Rashad Jennings (@Min). Currently sitting Kelce (Cle), Diggs (NYG), Bolden (@NYJ), and Gillislee (Dal).

Sanity check?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Good luck in the championships everyone!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Would you guys possibly flex

William Tye @ Min
over
Anquan Boldin @ Det

e: 0.5 ppr

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hazo posted:

Would you guys possibly flex

William Tye @ Min
over
Anquan Boldin @ Det

I was considering Tye over Frank Gore in PPR, so uh yeah over Boldin.

Tye or Gore, PPR?

• Locked thread