Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

housefly posted:

I will be going into first prestige soon. What's the consensus on the best first perm unlock? I'm thinking dead silence, but have a fondness for engineer as well.

Dead Silence, Ghost, Scavenger, Flash Bangs, C4, Sentry Gun, Purifier, M8....take your pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

How to play Domination:

You spawn at A point (let's call this A), in the middle of the map is a vortex that attracts players you can shoot for Bonus points (let's call this B), and on the other side is a third point you need to Capture (let's call this C).

The objective of Domination is to Dominate your opponents. You do this by escaping the pull of the vortex (except to kill a few people who are hopelessly trapped by it), and proceeding to the Capture point. You then kill every enemy nearby, and if you did it right, you get a 200 point bonus for Capturing the Capture point!

At this point your opponents conveniently reappear on the other side of the map, at Another capture point, and you get to do it all over again!

If you wipe out 3 or more enemies while stealing their point, you often get bonus air support to assist in your next lap.

How many Captures can you get in one game??

Really, people would have so much more fun if the in-game description wasn't so terribly wrong about how to play that confusing game mode!

(Also, look at this idiocy: 5 kills, 500 points, a UAV. 2 Capture Kills + Cap on B + 3 Attacker/Defender kills + Capping C = 1175 points and you're kissing your Wraith/HATR/RAPS - I think the only maps I don't want to flip constantly are Aquarium and Redwood, not coincidentally the two maps with idiotic single lanes)

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

that's a lot of words for "shoot baddies take caps"

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

GET MY BELT SON posted:

that's a lot of words for "shoot baddies take caps"

well what do you want, I keep getting into parties with people who are v upset when we don't camp b :<

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

how does one escape the pull of the vortex btw?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mill Village posted:

The BRM or the Dredge are the best LMGs overall. The Gorgon is really slow so its hard to use outside long ranges, and the Dingo is a weak bullet hose.

Play with a controller and piss off PC COD streamers.

Is the controller going to do anything? I have a hard time playing FPS games with one these days because 99% of the time the KB+M are way better suited, but jesus christ I would kill for a better chance to hit the right melee button.

I've found myself using the BRM with quickdraw and a silencer after some experimentation. The Gorgon is a nice idea, but it fires way too slowly for most encounters. I thought about grinding out rapid fire for the Gorgon just to see if it would make enough of a difference, but that poo poo will probably take too long.

Lady Naga posted:

Turn your sensitivity way down, use your mouse only for fine-tuning your reticule and track your targets by strafing left/right depending on what'll put them in your sights. Keep your gun aimed a little above center mass. Use awareness plus headphones and stop sprinting around so much so you know where dudes are coming from. Make sure your FOV is as high as you can make it without it being uncomfortable on your eyes. Normally I'd say that if enemies are jumping around it puts them in a predictable arc but CoD seems to be fast enough that's not really relevant so if the guy you're shooting is jumping around a bunch it's not a bad idea to try and predict his movement and jump with him to track.

I'm having more issues up close than anything else, but I think the major problem is that I'm still thinking of movement in the old COD style rather than realizing that people are going to be jumping around and sliding through doors and such. The few times I've remembered to use the movement to my advantage I've been way better off. My sensitivity is at like a three at this point, so it's not outrageous "must spin completely to get an AWP headshot" CS:GO sensitivity.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

victrix posted:

well what do you want, I keep getting into parties with people who are v upset when we don't camp b :<

I get the feeling that the most optimal super serious strategy for Esports success is to lock down A and B, allowing spawns from C to endlessly grind into you in an orgy of point based glory.

Since that clearly isn't going to happen in any game I'm a part of, I'm on board with the A-C-A dance of death.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Hey Versus, what setup are you using to connect your HD 598 to the PS4? I'm looking to upgrade my old turtle beach headphones and I'm considering getting a 598.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

did they patch it on pc to improve the performance at all since launch?

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

The_Fuzzinator posted:

at it again with a group doing dom, https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzinator .

I didn't realize you had a Shieva class with nineteen attachments on it.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I fuckin love the Gorgon more than any gun in any game I've ever played

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

did they patch it on pc to improve the performance at all since launch?

I had poo poo performance in beta but everything is buttery smooth 100+ FPS now.

Crow_Robot posted:

I fuckin love the Gorgon more than any gun in any game I've ever played

It owns what attachments are you using?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

GET MY BELT SON posted:

how does one escape the pull of the vortex btw?

Two smokes, man o war with thermal. Just toss them at the vortex and shoot mans through the smoke.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Two smokes, Drakon with thermal. Just toss them at the vortex and shoot mans through the smoke.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Knifegrab posted:

It owns what attachments are you using?

I just run with Stock and Grip. Like perks too much and I seem to do well enough with it with just those two attachments.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Two smokes, man o war with thermal. Just toss them at the vortex and shoot mans through the smoke.

That's evil genius. Making a scavenger class to do that right now.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
I didn't read this for a few days, so here's a wall of text.

The Crusher posted:

Hey my buddy bought this game and I haven't played a CoD shooter since Blops 1. Back then my favorite thing was a sileneced SPAS with marathon, just running around shotgunning dudes.

I'm busy enough wrapping my head around the vertical changes introduced with all this Crysis-like jumping, does anyone have a good/fun shotgun loadout I can try or strive for? And considering I've only unlocked the first 2 shotguns so far, which one is favored overall?

Mister Macys posted:

Ask Versus about his Haymaker + Xim4 combo. It's super effective! :haw:

I like the Brecci more, as it kills in 3 shots at most and often kills in 2.

teknetik posted:

I gave up running HC on Shieva. The random OHK's were nice, but Stock + Long barrel is brutal. Best gun since BO1 Famas!

Drav posted:

Really? Long barrel over high caliber? I can't keep up.

I run both for those long-range oneshots.

Drav posted:

I am enjoying your twitches, fuzz and versus. It's interesting to see where you hang out on maps and what you're looking at. I also didn't know you could feather your boosts like that to get some really far glides going. I didn't think I would care to watch others but I really enjoy it actually.

Thanks! And yeah, feathering boosts is really nice. You can kind of hover (jerkily) in place briefly if you do it right, too.

Javes posted:

Hey Versus, what setup are you using to connect your HD 598 to the PS4? I'm looking to upgrade my old turtle beach headphones and I'm considering getting a 598.

I play on a BenQ monitor which, when not playing console games, is my center PC monitor. It has a built in headphone jack so it so I just press the appropriate buttons on it to switch between the PC and console inputs. Unless you're lucky enough to have a similar setup, I can't help you with that.

Lazyfire posted:

I've found myself using the BRM with quickdraw and a silencer after some experimentation. The Gorgon is a nice idea, but it fires way too slowly for most encounters. I thought about grinding out rapid fire for the Gorgon just to see if it would make enough of a difference, but that poo poo will probably take too long.

Silencer reduces the 3 shot kill range on it by 90%, so I'd recommend taking that off and using it with stock and/or ex/fast mags. Rapid fire for non-burst guns is like a 6-7% fire rate increase, so it will do very little for the Gorgon (and basically every other non-burst gun).

Ok now that that's out of the way: finally got diamond assault rifles. SMG time :(

Lots of white space so it's harder to miss: reposting this stats spreadsheet. It's slightly out of date but you can see how worthless grip/RF are: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zv1TA_dn9DKtHSNDGgMSgE4kXzfCJErTWA9yHYFxg5Y/htmlview?ts=56497c75&sle=true

versus fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 27, 2015

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

versus posted:

Ok now that that's out of the way: finally got diamond assault rifles. SMG time :(

:getin:

Also mind linking that monitor or recommending one?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

It's this, but apparently it's out of production: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HE61SOA

These are probably good, check them out. http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl-series

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

versus posted:

It's this, but apparently it's out of production: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HE61SOA

These are probably good, check them out. http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl-series

Oof. Pricey. I'll keep em in mind though.

Anyway, http://www.twitch.tv/offshortoast

I'm bored and bad at this game. Feel free to watch me.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I think I need to unlock Smokes now. Or wait until I get the Man-O-War's thermal before I even think of unlocking smokes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I have like 4 zombie double xp slurpee codes anyone want

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

all these slurpees can't be good for you dude

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

That quitting drinking sweet tooth ain't no joke

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I would take them but I don't have Premium anymore.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Watching a few people stream, I'm starting to think my compulsive use of Dead Silent is a bit of a crutch, and I should drop it.

That third slot has other cool toys I could use.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

RossCo posted:

Watching a few people stream, I'm starting to think my compulsive use of Dead Silent is a bit of a crutch, and I should drop it.

Everything in perk 3 is so situational. I wish afterburner was there, I might actually run it it. Now it's always tac mask on the off chance I need it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

RossCo posted:

The merit of dead silence is that, paired with awareness, you know any footsteps you hear aren't yours and aren't your teammates if they're not on radar.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

Deviant posted:

The merit of dead silence is that, paired with awareness, you know any footsteps you hear aren't yours and aren't your teammates if they're not on radar.

Yeah, that's exactly what I run and the reason I run it.

It occurs to me though that I should be able to use my MIGHTY BRAIN to filter out my own footsteps, thereby making Dead Silence redundant.

I am reasonable sure aforementioned mighty brain isn't up to the task, but I should at least try and stop relying on a trait to do that work for me.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I use DS because I don't like being noisy

That way I can hear treyarchs amazing audio mix more clearly!!!!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

RossCo posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what I run and the reason I run it.

It occurs to me though that I should be able to use my MIGHTY BRAIN to filter out my own footsteps, thereby making Dead Silence redundant.

I am reasonable sure aforementioned mighty brain isn't up to the task, but I should at least try and stop relying on a trait to do that work for me.

I don't think Engineer, Tac Mask, Gung Ho, or Blast Suppressor are good enough to justify giving one up, but that's me.

MAYBE Blast Suppressor.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 27, 2015

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Engineer and Gung Ho are both really strong

Engineer if you want to ruin the other teams hopes of using streaks and/or equipment, and its great with Care Package. It's also an indirect source of points, paired with a Blackcell, you can get a lot of free score per game. I stopped using it on my non care package setups/anti air setups once I completed my diamond launchers, but when I was using it, I was routinely getting 1k-2k score per game from just shooting poo poo down.

Gung Ho is at least as, and likely stronger than Fast Hands for sprinting hipfire, and pairs incredibly well with an obnoxious scavenger 2x flashbang/concussion setup. If you want to make the other team rage, run that with an Argus or Brecci. It's not necessarily any better than a good offensive smg, but people haaaaaaaaaaate dying to shotguns.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I like fast hands but I just can't give up scavenger.

Also, more twitch link spam: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

victrix posted:

Engineer and Gung Ho are both really strong

Engineer if you want to ruin the other teams hopes of using streaks and/or equipment, and its great with Care Package. It's also an indirect source of points, paired with a Blackcell, you can get a lot of free score per game. I stopped using it on my non care package setups/anti air setups once I completed my diamond launchers, but when I was using it, I was routinely getting 1k-2k score per game from just shooting poo poo down.

Gung Ho is at least as, and likely stronger than Fast Hands for sprinting hipfire, and pairs incredibly well with an obnoxious scavenger 2x flashbang/concussion setup. If you want to make the other team rage, run that with an Argus or Brecci. It's not necessarily any better than a good offensive smg, but people haaaaaaaaaaate dying to shotguns.

Maybe I'll try Gung Ho, I thought Fast Hands was doing the job you say it's doing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Deviant posted:

all these slurpees can't be good for you dude

The older I get, the worse the brain freeze feels. :sigh:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Everybody should use tracker because it's a good perk.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Deviant posted:

Maybe I'll try Gung Ho, I thought Fast Hands was doing the job you say it's doing.

It is, but it conveniently frees up the green slot for scavenger so you can run 2x flashbangs and be a sprinting grenading rear end in a top hat. And Gung Ho lets you throw those grenades while sprinting, which Fast Hands doesn't.

I haven't seen specific numbers on what Gung Ho does to sprint out times, but it's fast.

(I also still have no idea if pairing Gung Ho and Fast Hands is good or a waste, but I can't think of any situation where I'd do that instead of scavenger/hardwired/tracker).

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Lazyfire posted:

I need something, I can't hit poo poo and everyone is flying around like nuts. Granted, my last COD was BLOPS II and I've been playing CS:GO and Battlefield since then so the wall running and double jumping is kind of new for me.

It's kinda rough mostly because the game is designed around auto aim which is why forced flinching isn't so bad if you have aim assist.

I imagine aim assist also helps a lot in shoddy netcode situations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

How have we not change the thread title to "Call Of Duty: You Have A Nice Fuckin Day Now!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

been too busy getting kinetic in this ao

• Locked thread