Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ghost Walker is just the easy mode answer, there are other ways of avoiding damage. Reflect builds, evasion stacking + nice recovery, status effects (usually sleep), stacking elemental resistances, etc.

It's just that Ghost Walker requires basically zero gear to be effective, so it's easily the most popular way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I've never really had Ghostwalker help me, stuff like Gradivus just breaks through it before it's up again.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ghostwalker helps me get a few hundred RP from a single solo telethia fight.

Also where the hell do you get Lava foxes? The guide says caves but none of the caves seem to drop them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Finally got to 60 and had a pre-built Level 60 Skell waiting thanks to Alexa's affinity missions :peanut:.

I quite like the way the shin armor folds out into a set of dirt scoops in Vehicle Mode, and dubbed it The Killdozer :killdozer:.

Incidentally, the gravity weapon on the left shoulder is a great ranged extra to go with the G-Buster and Phoenix. It has a pretty good stun rate to set up Binds with, and deals some drat nasty damage..

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

zedprime posted:

...take...damage?

A post game build is defined by its method of avoiding damage, which is usually Ghost Walker.

Before that you can just take what sounds cool because there isn't a huge need to break the game in half during story or normal missions.

Ghost walker only avoids 5 hits, which can easily be eaten in seconds.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
And even if you wait for the secondary/tertiary cooldown, it only adds another 1/2 dodges, which, if you face off against any tyrant with multi-hitting attacks/attacks a lot/additional enemies, will still melt off real quick. You can still get it to work against Gradivus and the like, but you have to address those other things or else you will die fast, which is why things like the Reflect augments, disabling debuffs, elemental resistance, and the like exist.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how do you spec for wanderer king? Two Resist Mind Control XX and what else?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Are you able to dish out upwards of 800k if you use all of your attacks in overdrive immediately? If so, you can just spec offensively and kill him that way. Otherwise, Mind Control XX would be the way to go. Using a thermal weapon will also help because his resistances are 20 for everything, but 5 for thermal.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MohShuvuu posted:

Are you able to dish out upwards of 800k if you use all of your attacks in overdrive immediately? If so, you can just spec offensively and kill him that way. Otherwise, Mind Control XX would be the way to go. Using a thermal weapon will also help because his resistances are 20 for everything, but 5 for thermal.

No, so far all I'm able to take down are 46 vigents on foot. I haven't tried higher level ones. Half the time they do a big body slam that one shots me because ghost walker ran out.

I can't get overdrive to last long enough, so I'm not doing something right with combos, but I don't know what to do to reset/add more time to overdrive outside of just using skills to add more time to overdrive.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
There is an Arts: Gain TP weapon augment where the XX version gives 200 TP per augment every time you use an art, which speeds up TP acceleration and lets you maintain Overdrive for longer by helping you hit the 3000 TP mark easier. Look for 32 each of White Mortifole Feathers, Aeviter Star Wings, and Red Vigent Rock Scalps. There are also Extend Overdrive armor augments (12 each of Unfertilized Auravis Egg, Red Brandy and Fine Red Belt for the 20 second version) that increase the Overdrive timer per augment and Overdrive Count Up weapon augments (12 of Elemental Clusters, Fertilized Jacul Egg, and Maple Oil for the 20 count version) that, whenever you (re)initiate Overdrive, it instantly adds the amount listed per augment to your count.

If you can get even one of each of the latter two on your armor set-up and not use up an augment slot, it will help you immensely. Even more so if you can get your max TP up as well.

Other than that, Orange/Yellow to Green adds count*0.05 seconds to the remaining timer, and busting out an aura adds count*0.1 seconds.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, I just got a Patlabor for doing one of H.B.'s affinity missions. This thing owns.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
There's a few solo vids out there doing dumb Overpowered poo poo but are there ones that use party members as well? Is there some kind of advantage for playing solo, like monsters don't use certain abilities against 1 guy? Or is it that there's no way in hell people are going to farm gear and augments for 3 other people?

Farming Time attacks for mats and I'm just toying with the idea of what party members are the best. I'm running with irina, L, and H.B, and I'm running standard dual guns/ longsword. It feels alright, 2 tankers, and 2 Last Stand users, 2 Shield walls. TP all around and plenty of heals. Everyone has 2 TP XX augments so we all have 9k max TP, and I always command them to use their overdrive. I definitely don't need them but I like hearing L's post battle victory speech.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Now do yelv's quests.

Ok, I did that and I don't think I really understood what happened at the end there.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Hello yes I am from frontiernav. Now, I know the last one had to be put in a cave, but this one really needs to be put on top of a giant spire.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

Hello yes I am from frontiernav. Now, I know the last one had to be put in a cave, but this one really needs to be put on top of a giant spire.

Look, that thing needs to be buried deep in the uhhh...

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

chumbler posted:

Look, that thing needs to be buried deep in the uhhh...

Out of reach of the ground fauna!

And just in reach of all the flying abominations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Every loving time I try and kill this Grex tyrant a flying whale comes and one-shots my party, goddamnit.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Dr. Stab posted:

"Trust me, we can definitely mine tons of miranium from this tiny floating rock"

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Every loving time I try and kill this Grex tyrant a flying whale comes and one-shots my party, goddamnit.

Seriously, that period of time from levels 35 to 45 or whatever when those assholes auto-aggro even outside of skells makes tooling around Primordia some kind of survival-horror bullshit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

"Trust me, we can definitely mine tons of miranium from this tiny floating rock"

MagiMetal

So I think im starting to get the hang of overdrive, took down some 49 cantor tyrant in slyvium.

Apparently he had about a million hp? I realized I could overdrive button again, to add more time instead of trying to do combo things, so it was really like 800k + 300k but eh

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

GreenBuckanneer posted:

This is the ether katana drop, right? If so, I'm wondering this too.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so is there seriously no equivalent to those unique level 60 katanas for any other weapon type?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'd go and get some decent armour from somewhere (the lv80something Simius at the West Gate is good for heavy stuff), preferably with HP, TP, M-ATK or Potential. Gem two Resist Control XX's and then gem up to at least 5000 TP if you have to.

Pull him with Ghostwalker, then Overdrive, Offensive Stance, Rising Blade, Tornado Blade, True Stream Edge. By then, Blossom Dance should be on second or third cooldown, so use that. If he's still alive, Ghostwalker and Overdrive again (if you have the TP) and keep going.

Inflammatory posted:

so is there seriously no equivalent to those unique level 60 katanas for any other weapon type?

It doesn't seem like it, and that is super garbage.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

MohShuvuu posted:

All I ever got was Worn dogshit from Joker.

If you're getting Worn gear drops, it means that you got a drop associated with an AM you haven't unlocked yet. Unlock more AMs and the problem will go away.

Also, specific high-end (Ultra Regal/Infinite) armor weight/manufacturer combos drop off of specific level 60+ mob types. That Simius, for example, will drop Heavy Meredith stuff. If you're taking a break from grinding Joker, the other mobs around the Nest will drop GGG Light(Cervus, day only), Medium (Dilus), and Skell (Aevitir, mind the Tyrant); along with Orph Medium if you're up for hitting the Leviaths. I've been making a bit of a list of what drops what as I've been going along, but there's still a lot of holes in it.

If you're going for weapons in general, Joker's not a bad pick due to it's high level and Blattas never dropping armor. Sphinxes are also supposed to drop nothing but weapons, but I haven't fought all that many of them. Most important thing when farming weapons is that the drops are heavily biased to your current class, along with your party members; if you're getting sick of assault rifles and knives, switch off of Vagabond.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GreenBuckanneer posted:

easy mode is to aggro him and then give the command to have your party return to their skells. He'll chase after them leaving himself vulnerable to your attacks because he'll get stuck. Mind control doesn't go off if you do this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Is there a trick to not getting one-shot by turrets in Prone Sweet Prone or is it just a higher level quest?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
For the Ares 90, what's the best way to get Golden Yggralith Heart, Silver Vita Core, and Cruide Neilnail Mask? Just ticket them?

I have the rest of the parts, but my skells and ground gear can't take much more than those mobs without some heavy modifications. I have the vendor skells with the dropped phoenix / buster.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Cleared Chapter 10. That was... interesting. I hope she's dead, but I know better.

With that plot wall out of the way I can do like five new Affinity Quests, so might as well take care of that while I can.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PRADA SLUT posted:

For the Ares 90, what's the best way to get Golden Yggralith Heart, Silver Vita Core, and Cruide Neilnail Mask? Just ticket them?

I have the rest of the parts, but my skells and ground gear can't take much more than those mobs without some heavy modifications. I have the vendor skells with the dropped phoenix / buster.

yeah ticket those items

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Okay, why the gently caress is there a level 90 tyrant by the eastern gate, near where the first level 5 boss was fought? I get the level 50 calmer monsters by the west gate but this is stupid. I'm level 6 for fucks sake. Couldn't even run away fast enough as it followed me off a cliff to one-shot me

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a way to get a squad for ticket grinding that isn't complete anus?

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Okay, why the gently caress is there a level 90 tyrant by the eastern gate, near where the first level 5 boss was fought? I get the level 50 calmer monsters by the west gate but this is stupid. I'm level 6 for fucks sake. Couldn't even run away fast enough as it followed me off a cliff to one-shot me

oh if you only knew

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

That's the Milesaur one right?

you have to really work at it to aggro her.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alxprit posted:

Cleared Chapter 10. That was... interesting. I hope she's dead, but I know better.

With that plot wall out of the way I can do like five new Affinity Quests, so might as well take care of that while I can.

Nah, they're both VERY dead from the cockpit barbecue. Dozens of xenos in NLA will say as much.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Can you use Elma's stealth skill then jump in the skell and fly on up?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

loving cat stole my keys.

Now how am I going to open the door for the white gold? t:mad:

Is there another ending than her stealing everything?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 28, 2015

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I cannot find the guy who gives me Archeology skill level 5 to complete the quest. The clue is pretty explicit that he should be in Deliverance Park in the morning, but he's not there. So I checked some quest guides and they all say that he should be in the park in the morning. The other Off the Record quests filled in a map segment so I checked unassigned hexes around Deliverance Park and he's not in any of them either. The only person in Deliverance Park I can talk to is Hope. He showed up for the other two Off the Record quests, but I cannot locate this guy to complete things.

Found him. After posting I thought, "Maybe the guides are wrong," and it turns out they were. He's across the road near the transport in the early morning, not in the morning.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 28, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I cannot find the guy who gives me Archeology skill level 5 to complete the quest. The clue is pretty explicit that he should be in Deliverance Park in the morning, but he's not there. So I checked some quest guides and they all say that he should be in the park in the morning. The other Off the Record quests filled in a map segment so I checked unassigned hexes around Deliverance Park and he's not in any of them either. The only person in Deliverance Park I can talk to is Hope. He showed up for the other two Off the Record quests, but I cannot locate this guy to complete things.

Found him. After posting I thought, "Maybe the guides are wrong," and it turns out they were. He's across the road near the transport in the early morning, not in the morning.

He's in the long alley between the nice houses.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

He's in the long alley between the nice houses.

That's for the Mechanical one, though that one had the most oblique clue to his location.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Finally beat this game. The story went from boring and forgettable to offensively stupid.

Star Wars being good helps dull the pain at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Playing this just makes me want to go back to FFXIV so that I can experience an MMO worth a drat.

I really wanted to like this but I think it's struck out.

• Locked thread