Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
can someone do the equivalent of sea patrol in Eve Online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

This is from a ways back but I want to make sure that we notice that there are not two or three but five different types of flamethrowers, all of which are standard issue for a paramilitary underwater police force. This is all like if Tom Clancy had a really bad stroke.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ZombieParts posted:

can someone do the equivalent of sea patrol in Second Life

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

fancy sauces posted:

This is from a ways back but I want to make sure that we notice that there are not two or three but five different types of flamethrowers, all of which are standard issue for a paramilitary underwater police force. This is all like if Tom Clancy had a really bad stroke.

Look again, it is six kinds of flamethrowers

EDIT: Oh, my mistake, one is a blowtorch

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Are wetsuits like crazy flammable or something?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Nooner posted:

Are wetsuits like crazy flammable or something?

Before SEA PATROL became official, one of their first vigilante acts was burning up with a flamethrower a bunch of gypsies who were hanging out on the docks. Maybe they thought that went very well and they should go all-in on flamethrowers.

quote:

I and some of us were also in a docks security callout squad, where we learned to be hard efficient thugs when sorting out such nuisances as tinkers and gipsies and vagrants that intrude to steal or sleep in odd corners, and freelance press telling lies to get in and wasting people's time being nosy to get copy to sell. One day after the police and the council kept making excuses and doing nothing, we flamethrowered out a large tinker camp on waste ground behind the docks, and the thieves fled leaving all their vehicles and never came back: 15-foot propane flames worked much better than paper court writs. Police usually merely tell them off for being naughty, and "turning the other cheek" and "good advice" accomplish nothing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It raises a valid point, why the gently caress does an organization ostensibly organized to murder people protect valuable resources such as shipwrecks and clams underwater put so much of their emphasis on flame/propane/Oxyhydrogen throwers? Like, how is THAT the kind of thing you want to spend so much time jerking your dick to imagining yourself using when you're underwater?

Within the reality that crazy SEA PATROL world operates in I understand the ScubaSucker 9000 and the warnings of its on-board destructor. The magnetic nail guns are a little on the bizarre side cause why the gently caress would you shoot nails and not flechette or sabot rounds but whatever, probably held a nail gun once as a kid before dad caught him and whipped is rear end so now it's a fetish for him. Even the rayguns I kinda understand because who knows maybe that poo poo works underwater and homeboy here obviously gets rock hard in the pants thinking about them.

But how do you construct a hosed up fantasy reality that makes a flamethrower the best thing to use underwater?

I've probably just thought harder about this guy's spank bank material than he does. I'll never think about it as long though so whatever.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'm jumping in the thread now, and having trouble discerning which text is disguise crazy ramblings and which text is good parody. How do I tell which is which?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Referring to recreational divers as scoobydoos is the funniest thing .

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
This thread is crunching me up like lettuces

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We'll get you next time scoobyjews! I mean doos!

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Lil Peeler posted:

I'm jumping in the thread now, and having trouble discerning which text is disguise crazy ramblings and which text is good parody. How do I tell which is which?

You read the whole thing and commit it to memory: http://larashots.com/appleyard/seapatrol/_story.htm

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
oh my god

quote:

This is a possible near future or "alternate time line". All diving has been put under a tight naval / industrial control. Enforcing this is one of the duties of the inshore branches of the Sea Patrol. If you don't want this sort of thing to become reality, watch out for authoritarianism and officialdom creeping up on your favourite hobby.
It's a "parody" but I guarantee you it's a parody born out of this guy doing something either illegal, dangerously negligent, or just downright creepy while diving recreationally and getting banned from diving for some reason.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

someone get this dude to write a screenplay for the movie adaptation and send it to Mike Judge

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

I love how this dude articulates himself. It's extremely precise but only about worthless details, and has a kind of byzantine rhythm. Sort of reminds me of a metal gear villain, something's been lost in translation... I highly urge everyone to read the main linked site.

Mr. Appleyard posted:

'Ten-shun properly! I'll not let licenced divers get casual. And, you called `Timmo': Don't swallow! Take your mask and hood off! Don't swallow!".

`Timmo' obeyed. Even for a licenced diver, being interrogated by the Sea Patrol is not to be treated casually.

"Face me and open your mouth full wide. Don't swallow!".

`Timmo' obeyed.

"Tongue to the left and up as far as it can go. Don't swallow!".

The tongue went over, but rather awkwardly.

"Tongue back to the right, in one go, and right up. Don't swallow!".

The tongue movement was again awkward, as if it was trying to drag something along with it.

"Back to the left, twice as fast. Don't swallow!".

During the movement, the sergeant suddenly produced a blunt forceps from inside his right sleeve and quickly jabbed inside with it. Timmo said "ow!" as the forceps caught flesh as they dragged something out.

"What's this?!" the sergeant asked.

"It's a dental work fitting that just came loose." Timmo said nervously.

"It's a lozenge that the doctor told me to keep in my mouth. I've got a condition.".

"It's - chewing gum." Timmo said, admitting defeat.

"You weren't trying to fight that slovenly mouth habit and you thought you could get away with it."

[...]

Our suction-dredger-sub Dev-Null went over a flat bottom past a rough concrete dock wall to the echoes. They were two men with sport-type air scuba and no sonar transponders. Above his rounded-cylindrical bulk his suction tube aimed and untelescoped as he routinely sucked them up without slowing. In a work cavity connected to his dredgings tank they proved to be the same two men who were chased away the day before. Interrogation found only that they were Donald Duck and Scrooge MacDuck and lived at Pondville. Dev-Null's sentient computer brain's attitude to matters was a rough waterfront mixture of dredger-skipper and naval officer, and for some time he had been out of patience with endless variations of that line of sillyness from interrogated suspects.

I love how he goes from definitely jerking it (and not casually) to Dev-Null, the sentient suction-sub.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Obsurveyor posted:

Having a hell of a time with bone orientations being imported into Unity from Blender.

keep it like this

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Oberleutnant posted:

oh my god

It's a "parody" but I guarantee you it's a parody born out of this guy doing something either illegal, dangerously negligent, or just downright creepy while diving recreationally and getting banned from diving for some reason.

I think it's more like he gets really upset about his fellow diver people who DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES and YOU'RE RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE and THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES.

Like, he doesn't WANT the Sea Patrol to have to murder everyone who dives without a permit but if that's what it comes to...

That or he has no idea how to write satire at all.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Obsurveyor posted:

Having a hell of a time with bone orientations being imported into Unity from Blender.

now make it constantly sputter out cum recreational diver guts :allears:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

now make it constantly sputter out cum recreational diver guts :allears:

There's actually vents to ports in the back modeled in the interior for that.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

What do you think the SEA PATROL theme song sounds like?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fancy sauces posted:

Sea Patrol is really ready for a Thing creature invasion.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Linux Pirate posted:

Probably "mermaider" but replace "mermaids" with "recreational divers"

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Linux Pirate posted:

I like to think it would be some 80's hair metal guy screaming out SEA PATROL, but given this dude's particular brand of crazy it'd probably be a brass-heavy military march song with people people in matching wetsuits marching on the spot

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

It's just the sounds of vacuums, disintegrators and recreational diving equipment being crushed.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Sea patrol caught a big one

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Just like how SEA PATROL is against fun-having divers, I wonder if there is a SKATE PATROL for those that skate for fun.

naem
May 29, 2011

Ooo yeeeeah, get in the wood chipper you slutty little scuba tank

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So what's with the acetylene torches? :confused:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Nation posted:

dive gay, so what

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Nation posted:

Vacuum clogged, so what.

e: The dude making the 3D model needs to throw this in there somehow.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Why would the SEA PATROL use flamethrowers on the ocean?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ZombieParts posted:

can someone do the equivalent of sea patrol in Eve Online

Impossible. No one plays Eve Online for enjoyment.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Obsurveyor posted:

elegant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I like to think it would be some 80's hair metal guy screaming out SEA PATROL, but given this dude's particular brand of crazy it'd probably be a brass-heavy military march song with people people in matching wetsuits marching on the spot

I was thinking the same thing but you're right he is too buttoned down for 80's hair metal.

I kinda think it would sound like a sinister version of the Thomas the tank engine theme song.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Maiden voyage coming soon! Had a family thing so I haven't been able to work as much on this tonight but sub is rigged up and ready for input programming. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this buoyancy stuff or just fake it yet. I really want to have emergency blow to surface quickly.

I also don't know why the gif quality is so weird, might be the water texture taking up a ton of colors.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Obsurveyor posted:

Maiden voyage coming soon! Had a family thing so I haven't been able to work as much on this tonight but sub is rigged up and ready for input programming. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this buoyancy stuff or just fake it yet. I really want to have emergency blow to surface quickly.

I also don't know why the gif quality is so weird, might be the water texture taking up a ton of colors.

You're doing God's work son.

An SA treasure.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Justin Tyme posted:

Why would the SEA PATROL use flamethrowers on the ocean?

Lol at this n00b that thinks SEA PATROL'S jurisdiction ends at the sea.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

That was my first thought when I saw the renderings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

• Locked thread