Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just took out the 1-5 daily mission with lv 47 she hulk, 44 doc oc as spiderman and yellow jacket. It was pretty fun having to actually play skilfully instead of just steam roll the dudes. Did have to use the hp regen for 1-2 mins right before the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

It was pretty fun having to actually play skilfully

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
still can't buy crystal

So much for owning the dream

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Just give sign these power of attorney papers and ICR will take care of it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

still can't buy crystal

So much for owning the dream

Chela explain. I'm lost on what's going on. Let's try to help you.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Chela explain. I'm lost on what's going on. Let's try to help you.

I try to purchase the packs (I hav bought all but the biggest) and it says "you already own this"

I put a support request in as well ~

E: of course now it works??

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Sister Nico or Combat pack? Kingpin is my main.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

vulturesrow posted:

Sister Nico or Combat pack? Kingpin is my main.

both

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Nah, one or the other or alternatively wait for the next 6* rank up pack.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

Nah, one or the other or alternatively wait for the next 6* rank up pack.

Wait for 6* pack. Equivalent of 320 bios.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What level are you guys doing your dudes skills to? I'm currently at 3 with them. Not the ones that take items just the gold skills.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Holyshoot posted:

What level are you guys doing your dudes skills to? I'm currently at 3 with them. Not the ones that take items just the gold skills.

Aside from the skills that make copies, the others are fine at 2-3 until you have excess gold.

The copy skills change the clones states based on level. Like nico starts at like 40% and level 5 of that skill has her copies at 98% of her stats.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

I 6'd her taxi throw skill and left the others at 3.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I have a 6 Red Star Black Panther now, so I guess I'm living the proud African dream

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I am getting way too invested in this as a new player. I've spent way more money than I thought I would and been playing this non stop all Christmas.

This game is really, really well planned out from the repeat auto battle for farming to the game throwing heroes at you when you just start out.

In as daddybeans but if there's no room in the goon alliances, should I just join random ones to get the buffs?

Also should I just be maining whoever I like playing or would it be more strategic pumping all my resources into someone like Kingpin who can solo most of the game?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

In as daddybeans but if there's no room in the goon alliances, should I just join random ones to get the buffs?

Yeah if you can't get a spot in a goon alliance, any random one will do. The downside is there's a 24 hour cooldown to drop alliance and take a goon spot when one opens up, the upside is you get free energy and gold from the alliance achievements plus whatever stat and XP bonuses.

Kegslayer posted:

Also should I just be maining whoever I like playing or would it be more strategic pumping all my resources into someone like Kingpin who can solo most of the game?

If you're farming story mode characters, you're limited to 9 bios a day for most of em (Kingpin is only 6) so you'll be able to farm several characters at once, feel free to farm Kingpin and whoever your favourite comic book persons are.

Your alternative is farming up special mission characters, who will cost more energy per bio but let you farm more bios per day. You also don't get any norn stones etc while you farm them.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

RE: Special missions, is there any reason to blow energy on them if I'm not actively farming anyone from them?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Paineopticon posted:

RE: Special missions, is there any reason to blow energy on them if I'm not actively farming anyone from them?

No. There are plenty of good characters there, yellow jacket, giant man, ant man, groot to name a few BUT if you don't want them by all means skip it

I will regularly go a week without touching them as I'm focusing on other bios

Shout out to yellow jacket though
Guy is a monster in pvp and. In everything honestly

Edit the 90 bio pack is back with 500k good for 750 crystals. That could push a ton of my people to 4 star range including loki, Thor, black cat, yondu.
poo poo any of my 3 star people but all of those stick out to me

My issue with any of them is I plan to use the 5 and 6 star packs on she hulk and black bolt most likely :/ So best case I'm 5 staring them and then waiting

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 27, 2015

Dreamofpower
Nov 19, 2012
5 star is probably fine, since you do get another skill to work with.

If it's just going to push people to 4 then it's not as great, you just get a passive that makes very little difference. It could be better to save some people at 3* just in case a battle world pops up you can use them in.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marvel Future Street Fighter Universal and Rocket Racon Pack goes on sale in :ducksiren: 5 minutes :ducksiren:

859 if you care to join and invest in your future.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Should I follow a convention for my team (one of each type) or just construct it however? Right now I've got Spider Gwen, Silk, and Nico, but Gwen has no synergy with Nico. Getting another Striker for Nico would be good but I read Angela is lackluster and Captain Marvel seems cool but in the skill preview she doesn't seem to do a lot.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Honestly it is however you want. I've never had synergy as my main team has been "Nico and friends"
The only 2 constants now are Nico and silk. Silk murders everything so the 3rd never mattered much with those two

This is from a pvp standpoint
From pve it was Nico and whoever was strong too
Nico, silk plus whoever is a drat solid combo to clear content

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zodack posted:

Should I follow a convention for my team (one of each type) or just construct it however? Right now I've got Spider Gwen, Silk, and Nico, but Gwen has no synergy with Nico. Getting another Striker for Nico would be good but I read Angela is lackluster and Captain Marvel seems cool but in the skill preview she doesn't seem to do a lot.

If you want a striker, Captain America and Giant-Man are both good.

Angela can pour out the damage, but she has low Hp and no I-Frames. Her skills take a bit to get started, so they are interrupted easily which causes them to go into cool down making them a waste.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Thanks fellas. So far "good" seems to mean "lots of AoE / status moves" based in what I can glean from all those links. Nico is a monster right now. Spider Gwen is pretty fun too, but I can see why she's a bit inferior to Silk.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

If anyone has a slot open and a good rep hero, I could use some more friends to farm more higher-level content each day. Paineopticon, thanks!

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
My username is MODAM and if any alliances have slots, I'd be glad to join up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So we need a 5th already?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah we do need a 5th alliance. Somebody creates it and we can drive goons to it.

Game is poplar I done reckon HYULK.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Basically, I'm cool with starting the 5th guild up but want to have somebody else run it right after I create it. The Hebrons need me.

Will anybody step up to just handle accepting recruits? Again, myself, Hootie and plenty of others can help drive the goons there.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Is there some way we can turn these alliances into a pyramid scheme? I got in on the ground floor in marble hebrons and feel like I should be reaping some sort of financial reward.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the real pyramid scheme reward is the friends you make along the way

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Did no-one link you to the pyramid whale commissions chart?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Where do I sign up to host my own Tupperware-esque whale party. Got the fridge filled with jolt cola and funyuns.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
As much as I would hate to lose the benefits I currently get from doctor goons I can step up and run. Will have the 24 hour cool down but poo poo I play every day so can accept and all that jazz

On that note I hit vip 7 as I was at 6 but only like 15 crystals short or some crap. So yeah. I make terrible life choices

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As much as I would hate to lose the benefits I currently get from doctor goons I can step up and run. Will have the 24 hour cool down but poo poo I play every day so can accept and all that jazz

On that note I hit vip 7 as I was at 6 but only like 15 crystals short or some crap. So yeah. I make terrible life choices

Chalupa, godspeed sir. I owe you a gift. I'll message on steam sometime. Do you have the 500K to start it up? I suggest the AMAZING name of BLACKAGAR BOLTAGOONS or Throot Force.

If you need the 500K, let me know. I think our alliances are all leveling at breakneck speeds. Our newest alliance already hit...lvl 7 or 8 I believe? Moving nicely.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got the 500k no problem. I should be done with work in the next hour or two and I'll start up goon guild #5

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

the real pyramid scheme reward is the sales you buy along the way

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I got the 500k no problem. I should be done with work in the next hour or two and I'll start up goon guild #5

Yeah if you leave a guild the 24 hour countdown does not affect you when creating a guild. Boltagoons should fit Throot Force maybe.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I've just started playing this game and all I can think about is making Mr. Marbles happy with large sums of cash money.

Also I need an alliance invite to one of these outfits whenever there's a spot. IGN is RoncoST. I will click whatever thing I have to to give my friends more Marble Money, or whatever the purpose is. I will do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
nooooo i dont want to lose tinychalupa. Doctor Goons needs you.

• Locked thread