Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

She's also not even a teenager yet. It's pretty safe to say she probably doesn't have an idea of what 'saving the world' means, beyond a vague idea of 'having lots of babies' at the absolute most. She knows she's important, but it's difficult to argue she fully understands what that means for her.

She also chose a hell of a bad time to assert her individuality from Brad. At least she's good at escaping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

A good amount of this IS in Brad's head though, the general population mistook Fardy for the girl. When she has her mask she can't be told apart from any other child which is pretty drat handy. Sticky and Rick oddly enough had things under control for the most part and she was going along with it. The most dangerous thing hunting Buddy was Buzzo and that was only because it would screw with Brad(so really Brad is the most dangerous thing). The answer is just wait and see where things go from here, she is alone now, lets see what the world does to her.

Edit: If you want to make it even more evident Brad might be the one with the issues Buddy straight up tells him I don't want to be with you anymore and he drags her away anyway. Then she gets hit with a bat. She doesn't tell her kidnappers no but tells her dad no. Brad might not be physically abusive like his dad but Buddy has been mentally ripped up from years of only knowing 4 people in a hole. She's sure as poo poo the victim in everything but the villain is everyone.

This is a good game.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 26, 2015

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

She's also not even a teenager yet. It's pretty safe to say she probably doesn't have an idea of what 'saving the world' means, beyond a vague idea of 'having lots of babies' at the absolute most. She knows she's important, but it's difficult to argue she fully understands what that means for her.

Spoilers: Upon discovering that she's so special and precious to the world, Buddy flees into the wasteland and prepares to rule the Earth as its princess. The ending of LISA is an animated FMV music video reminiscent of Let It Go in which Buddy dances around and sings in ecstasy as the men around her mutate horribly, their bodies twisting and weaving together into a towering Disney castle of undulating flesh and wide, vacant smiles.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I would watch this.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Fat and Useless posted:

A good amount of this IS in Brad's head though, the general population mistook Fardy for the girl.

The general population raped Fardy, leaving him a broken shell of a man. Kinda trusting Brad's judgement over that of a child's on that one.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Brad's parenting definitely reflects his father's though. Remember how he was sent right back to his room after he came home beat up? That's where Brad spends a lot of his time. For an early part of Buddy's life he was a joy-addicted version of his father, even he had great intentions.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I am watching the LP and this is definitely a journey.

As such, I will sully this fine thread with a photoshop:

I may try my hands on some avatars too if anyone is interested - it is puzzling why Undertale avatars are everywhere on the LP forum but there's no such thing for Lisa, even though both are great games.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

death .cab for qt posted:

Brad's parenting definitely reflects his father's though. Remember how he was sent right back to his room after he came home beat up? That's where Brad spends a lot of his time. For an early part of Buddy's life he was a joy-addicted version of his father, even he had great intentions.

Yeah. I pointed out the parallel between Brad and his dad near the beginning: both sitting by the door, isolating their kids into their tiny, drug addled worlds. There is one really important difference between Brad and his dad that I got from reading the synopsis of LISA the First. It's a major difference, but Brad is still an abusive gently caress up, even if he's not as bad as his dad. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," as they say.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Does Brad use Trong Style martial arts now?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ArcadePark posted:

Buzzo was giving away Joy like candy in Halloween. If I didn't know any better, I would say Buzzo was promoting Joy usage. Also, remember the Joy stuffing that Buzzo gave to Brad that other day?
Perhaps he's a post-apocalyptic "Just Say No" commercial.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Spoilers: Upon discovering that she's so special and precious to the world, Buddy flees into the wasteland and prepares to rule the Earth as its princess. The ending of LISA is an animated FMV music video reminiscent of Let It Go in which Buddy dances around and sings in ecstasy as the men around her mutate horribly, their bodies twisting and weaving together into a towering Disney castle of undulating flesh and wide, vacant smiles.

I'm now imagining LISA as a Disney animated musical... :aaaaa:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Jeek posted:

I may try my hands on some avatars too if anyone is interested - it is puzzling why Undertale avatars are everywhere on the LP forum but there's no such thing for Lisa, even though both are great games.

As someone who loves to study the nature of fandoms, I think some games work better for fandoms than others. In this case I would say because there's a much lighter, more casual, air to Undertale. Goons love New Vegas, but there aren't a lot of New Vegas avatars going around.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Jeek posted:

Remember, one came before the other. There used to be LISA avatars, but people swapped them out for the Undertale ones. :v: Overlapping demographics.

Mr Tastee posted:

As someone who loves to study the nature of fandoms, I think some games work better for fandoms than others. In this case I would say because there's a much lighter, more casual, air to Undertale. Goons love New Vegas, but there aren't a lot of New Vegas avatars going around.

There's a lot of fanart activity for New Vegas, but over subjects most goons aren't interested in (cute young men).

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 26, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

DropsySufferer posted:

I'm now imagining LISA as a Disney animated musical... :aaaaa:
Screw that, LISA the Broadway musical, where the final song is a rendition of "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night with all the visuals provided in Pittsburgh Lambic's post. Please make this happen.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Peace on Earth, and gently caress Terry. (Yours, by any chance?)

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Rangpur posted:

Peace on Earth, and gently caress Terry. (Yours, by any chance?)

No and the place it came from has spoilers.

Lots of good stuff and they take requests.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 27, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

We all got so caught up in talking about the plot developments in the last update that I never got a chance to say what I've been meaning to say:

gently caress Terry.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Terry owns, Terry hatred is for bitches.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This is accurate to the plot of The Joyful.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

"Stronger than one, stronger than ten, stronger than a hundred men" is pretty accurate to addiction, really.

Also Brad is something of a fixer upper.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Terry's greatest sin is not wearing a poncho like a civilized person.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mr Tastee posted:

Undertale fans are man-children I've been meaning to get a LISA one ever since I started my LISA LP but :effort:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Just a heads up, Lisa is on sale this week (until Jan 5th) for the low, low price of $2.49

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

McKilligan posted:

Just a heads up, Lisa is on sale this week (until Jan 5th) for the low, low price of $2.49

That is indeed very nice news, but Lisa has far surpassed my per-game limit of creeping darkness so I'll just be content with watching VoD's videos.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
So I did get the game. Figured why not, since it looks pretty dang fun. Then I noticed that half of the achievement icons are a lovingly-drawn close-up of Percy's butt.

Outstanding.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Most of those change when you unlock the actual achievement. Prevents spoilers, and all that. On the other hand, Steam does trading cards now (apparently), so it is possible to get 3 or more copies of Percy's rear end with purchase (like I did). Shockingly, not a huge demand in the market for Mr. Monsoon's sweet cheeks.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Rangpur posted:

Shockingly, not a huge demand in the market for Mr. Monsoon's sweet cheeks.

Some people just don't understand what LISA is really all about. :tutbutt:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I'm surprised there's any demand for Steam cards.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Finally got around to beating LISA, so now I don't have to worry about staying ahead of the LP. Of course, the achievements are clearly indicating to me I missed a number of things, so I look forward to VoD showing me what those were.

My verdict on Painful is that is is not really more difficult, just alot more nerve-wracking and frustrating due to the one-shot savepoints.

My endgame party was Terry, Fly, and Carp. Wrist slash and puke are so insanely broken that everything was a cake walk.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
So, I finally bought the game, and played almost to where Voice of Dog is. Except, I decided to go ahead and try that sea chart he got but never used...

and...

gently caress. :negative:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
What were you expecting, a campfire where you'd get a slice of butterscotch cinnamon pie when you woke up instead of a sweaty man in a luchador mask farting all over your face?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

What were you expecting, a campfire where you'd get a slice of butterscotch cinnamon pie when you woke up instead of a sweaty man in a luchador mask farting all over your face?

I was promised a Dancing Sex Bot, but all I got was armless,crossdressing strippers.

On second thought, they may not be so different, so everything's good.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

ArcadePark posted:

I was promised a Dancing Sex Bot, but all I got was armless,crossdressing strippers.

On second thought, they may not be so different, so everything's good.
It is not good enough since the said strippers are not legless as well.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Funny you mention that, because I actually went to Garbage Island and savescummed at the campfire there to get the farting dude. It was worth it. :v:

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I just went Jack and Birdie for maximum burning and disabling while Nern keeps the drunken train a'rolling. Sure, there are some enemies that resist fire, but even then, burning crits are so powerful that at worst, you're keeping pace with other attacks. I tried keeping Terry around for a while because he can Hype Up teammates for extra crits, but his HP grows at such a glacial pace that he eventually became a liability.

And wouldn't you know it, but Rage's head didn't stop any bullets in my game either. Died in the first round of Roulette.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ArcadePark posted:

armless,crossdressing strippers.

Well that place is crawling with dicks.

Lightcecil
Apr 22, 2008
I got LISA as well during the sale, and I'm finding it kind of hard to play for long stretches, because things like the ambush after the barrel bros keep catching me off guard. (I ended up giving Rooster his hen for some cash after that, because I COULD NOT beat them in combat). Still a great game, but I doubt I'll catch up to Voice Of Dog at this rate. Until Crack Ripper's gang, I had done pretty well. Charmy didn't give me any trouble, and Pissed has saved my rear end quite a few times. Charmy hit himself for 2600~ damage and I got a bike! I doubt my RNG is going to hold up.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The Crack Ripper gang is easily one of the hardest parts of the game in the beginning, so don't feel completely discouraged with it. It took me maybe a little less than a dozen tries before I beat him and had my whole gang alive for the EXP (the first time I won I only had Brad and Olan left.)

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
It helps if you queue up firebombs/diesel firebombs for the entire party on the first turn to guarantee that at least some get through. Other than that, you pretty much have to get lucky and hope your entire party doesn't get locked down or killed before you can thin out their numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The guy who farts on you during a rest at a campfire doesn't actually affect your party in any way and is just a fart joke, right?

• Locked thread