Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gaj posted:

I think Mika found his own method for cooling down post-kill, just like Naze!

You could definitely see him taking notes during that conference scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TheManSeries posted:

Yeah. So what I'm curious about is either that was either a data pad speaking to Turbine or just one on their ship. Really don't want Naze to be a traitor.

I'm fairly certain if anyone is a traitor, it's most likely Fumitan; when the guy was speaking about setting the stage for Kudelia's death, it cuts to Fumitan, who still hasn't put on that pendant she received as a gift yet.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
The VA for akahiro is killing it

:stare:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I only just realised Fumitan isn't wearing parachute pants, she's tucked her skirt into her boots.

So Tekkedan is expanding it's MS fleet, which seems to fit in the theme of them picking up stuff from beaten enemies like the Graze Kai and the extras on the Barbatos. But they're selling the Man Rodi's out of consideration for Akihiro, but he's going to start using the Guison, which actually killed his brother? But whatever, I'd just like to see who get's promoted to a regular MS pilot. Eugene? He's shown some skills before, but maybe I think that because we've need the Graze Kai update and red paintjob, and I thought he could be a Char type. Doesn't seem such a good fit now.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Eugene seems pretty set as the helmsman, and that's fine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't believe they almost sold a gundam frame. gently caress, Orga.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
They're functionally priceless, and they already beat it in a fight so its not like its unstoppable by virtue of being a gundam.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Did he know that though? I doubt they've gotten the chance to thoroughly investigate the new Mobile Suits yet

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, let's just fire up daisuki and watch some IBO for the week...
:gonk:
:stare:
:stonk:

Perhaps I'll pause it at the op and have a nice relaxing cup of coffee.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Tae posted:

I'd probably value years of financial security for my enormous collection of hungry mercenary children over having another sweet mobile suit if I were in his position, especially since it's been conclusively proven that having a Gundam does not make you invincible.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mikazuki and the Amazing Olive Drab Coat Full of Snacks

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Jesus, what an episode. The fact that they were willing to spend an entire episode dealing with the enormity of children dealing with death is amazing. I'm also really enjoying the cracks in Mika's facade that are starting to show, because that kid is pretty obviously a pressure valve waiting to blow in some way if he continues the way he's been going.

Also, somebody please gif Kudelia's ninja jump away from Mika when he kissed her because :laffo:.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Next week is the new OP/ED? Should be interesting if they incorporate the latest development.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

Jesus, what an episode. The fact that they were willing to spend an entire episode dealing with the enormity of children dealing with death is amazing. I'm also really enjoying the cracks in Mika's facade that are starting to show, because that kid is pretty obviously a pressure valve waiting to blow in some way if he continues the way he's been going.

Also, somebody please gif Kudelia's ninja jump away from Mika when he kissed her because :laffo:.

Tae posted:

Next week is the new OP/ED? Should be interesting if they incorporate the latest development.

We're losing ORPHAAAAANS ??? :smith:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy LOL.

Here another version.

Anyway, i missed this "little" detail
The dude is straight up bisected by Mikazuki's sword

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 27, 2015

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

a kitten posted:

Holy LOL.

Here another version.

Anyway, i missed this "little" detail
The dude is straight up bisected by Mikazuki's sword

That has to hurt the resale value.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Retroactively makes Pedro's death worse.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Anyone else think that the Guison pilot died in a more, I wanna say normal for mecha anime, like he had a final line and there was a build up of light and electricity. That at least in my memory hasn't happened in IBO yet. So far it's been people dying without camera focus ala Crank or that pretty boy from the first episode, or the graphic crushing and piercing death like it was a horrible car crash. It kinda made me feel like the Guison death we were supposed to cheer for or at least not feel like "good or bad this was still a human being who died" also stalin bets that Fuminta is the traitor and will die saving Kudelia in the next two episodes but not before putting on the drat necklace

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Orga getting mom'd yet again by Merribit, this time complete with the "Of course I can hear you muttering" thing, is kinda killing me

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sazabi posted:

Anyone else think that the Gusion pilot died in a more, I wanna say normal for mecha anime, like he had a final line and there was a build up of light and electricity. That at least in my memory hasn't happened in IBO yet. So far it's been people dying without camera focus ala Crank or that pretty boy from the first episode, or the graphic crushing and piercing death like it was a horrible car crash. It kinda made me feel like the Guison death we were supposed to cheer for or at least not feel like "good or bad this was still a human being who died" also stalin bets that Fuminta is the traitor and will die saving Kudelia in the next two episodes but not before putting on the drat necklace

To your first point the Gusion pilot was one of the few characters we've seen so far who was a Bad Person without any mitigating factors. Bloodthirsty, treated the kids like poo poo, etc., so Mikazuki's "whatever, you deserve death anyway" comment is something the audience can kind of agree with.

To your second point, agreed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know. Like every villain we've had so far is largely unsympathetic except maybe Macky and his bro. They've been cartoonishly evil shitheads who delight in hurting children for profit.

... and to be honest did anyone get a really weird vibe from Macky this episode? Not like "pedo" vibe but "seriously manipulating that poor girl" vibe. There was something in his tone and his smirking which made me want him to get far the gently caress away from her.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know. Like every villain we've had so far is largely unsympathetic except maybe Macky and his bro. They've been cartoonishly evil shitheads who delight in hurting children for profit.

... and to be honest did anyone get a really weird vibe from Macky this episode? Not like "pedo" vibe but "seriously manipulating that poor girl" vibe. There was something in his tone and his smirking which made me want him to get far the gently caress away from her.

Its a little unclear, but I personally thought it was a 'humouring her but honestly has no real interest' type deal, but now that you mention it, I could sorta see it as him taking opportunity of whatever connection she might have by encouraging the notion that he somehow actually cares for her.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, I picked up on that, too. I think the way the shot was framed with regard to the lighting was also a contributing factor to how creepy it seemed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that definitely ranks high on the list of "Most brutal and painful Gundam deaths". :stonk: My condolences to the maintenance people who have clean that mess up.

Also, farewell "Raise your flag" and "Orphans' Tears", you have served us well. Hopefully, you'll return for the finale.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, farewell "Raise your flag" and "Orphans' Tears", you have served us well. Hopefully, you'll return for the finale.

I think it's only ORPHAAAAAAAAAAAANS that's changing. At least, if the OP is changing too, it hasn't been reported on.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Saigyouji posted:

I think it's only ORPHAAAAAAAAAAAANS that's changing. At least, if the OP is changing too, it hasn't been reported on.
ANN has "Survivor" by BLUE ENCOUNT listed as the next OP, and since the ED is changing next episode, it's safe to assume the OP is changing as well.

E: BLUE ENCOUNT's website confirms it.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 27, 2015

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I sort of got the feeling that McGillis was just acknowledging that the arranged marriage was a lovely thing that he hated, but it wasn't the fault of the poor kid he'd been hitched to, so he wanted to soften the blow and act out the part of her perfect, fantasy husband-to--be for her. He does have a history of being nice to kids, too. That smile when he saw her flee to the balcony was a little ambiguous, though, and it remains to be seen just how much he's willing to sacrifice for his ambitions.

I did definitely enjoy Orga's continued failure to even remotely begin dealing with Merribit, too. All of the couples in this show are cute and good. Except McGillis/Almiria, of course, which is only cute and good as long as it doesn't get romantic and stays as an adult trying to make things OK for the kid he's been saddled with.

On Kudel's death, I actually felt the opposite to you folks. He was a seriously awful guy, but between his unusually graphic, gruesome demise and Mika casually taking up his mantle as a sadistic killer (which neither we nor he were supposed to feel good about), it felt much more disturbing and much less straight-up heroic than Mika flattening Orliss (the rear end in a top hat Graze commander) in Episode 1.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Astro Nut posted:

Its a little unclear, but I personally thought it was a 'humouring her but honestly has no real interest' type deal, but now that you mention it, I could sorta see it as him taking opportunity of whatever connection she might have by encouraging the notion that he somehow actually cares for her.

I don't see that, if only because McGillis is already best friends with her brother who is older than her and thus much more likely to inherit the family position within Gjallarhorn so what connections could he be gaining through such a marriage that he doesn't already have?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

tsob posted:

I don't see that, if only because McGillis is already best friends with her brother who is older than her and thus much more likely to inherit the family position within Gjallarhorn so what connections could he be gaining through such a marriage that he doesn't already have?

Maybe he'd risk those connections by refusing the marriage?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

BizarroAzrael posted:

Maybe he'd risk those connections by refusing the marriage?

Gaelio seems to be opposed to the marriage in every mention of it so far, so I can't see that being the case either. Like, her father might be be annoyed, but once Gaelio assumes the family mantel it'll be a moot point. I suppose it might delay Gaelio's plans by a decade or two though and he does seem to want to get started asap, so it could be that now that you mention it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Orga getting mom'd yet again by Merribit, this time complete with the "Of course I can hear you muttering" thing, is kinda killing me

Yeah, I'm really enjoying their dynamic. :3:

Other things I enjoyed: the PTSD finally shows up!

Things I didn't enjoy: the McGillis/Almiria stuff is :stare: as gently caress. Also, I am very angry about that final scene with Mika and Kudelia, it's supposed to be Mika x Atra, drat it. :argh: :argh: :argh:

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Well, that sure was an episode. First half was incredibly brutal, but the second half was pretty nice.

The possibility of Mika actually internalizing the joys of killing is pretty terrifying. On the other hand, his job does by definition involve a lot of killing and it looks like he'll be in it for at least a short while longer. Obviously the best situation would be one in which you're not a child soldier, but if you are...maybe it's better for your mental health to like it? Better than hating it?

Wow, that sure sounds messed up now that I've typed it out.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I am very angry about that final scene with Mika and Kudelia, it's supposed to be Mika x Atra, drat it. :argh: :argh: :argh:

Look at this wrong opinion.

(i too actually care more about those two than what we just got)

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Oh boy a new episode of robot show!

Well we have ex-child soldiers killing abused child soldiers face to face, good.

Mika starting to have some issues, nice.

PTSD and hugs, yay.

McGill telling his bride to be the situation sucks but she's not bad, cute.

Orga and Meribit shenanigans, alright.

Naze is still Naze, cool.

and to end it all an awkward hug and Mika gives a big smile and then WHAT THE EVER LOVING gently caress

ORRRRPHANSSS!

I had a giant smile this whole episode, are we all in agreement this is a good Gundam show?

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 28, 2015

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The thing that stands out most about that picture is that both the babies appear to have Biscuit's eyes. Those big round eyes with simple pupils.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do adore that one of the cutest, most toyetic mobile suits in the show became a symbol of horror that the characters disposed of en masse as quickly as they could.

IBO! :unsmigghh:

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Darth Walrus posted:

I do adore that one of the cutest, most toyetic mobile suits in the show became a symbol of horror that the characters disposed of en masse as quickly as they could.

IBO! :unsmigghh:

Maybe when they get scrapped they'll get reincarnated into something even more traumatizing cute like how Acguy was reincarnated into Bearguy

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sazabi posted:

Maybe when they get scrapped they'll get reincarnated into something even more traumatizing cute like how Acguy was reincarnated into Bearguy

Man Tedi
Man Kitti
Man Puppi

Or the porcine Gusoink/Cuchon?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Jesus Christ. I missed this as well.

Edit: That sword must be incredible sharp to not just crush him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fat and Useless posted:

I had a giant smile this whole episode, are we all in agreement this is a good Gundam show?

I think it could be argued that this just might be the best Gundam show.

• Locked thread