Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

twistedmentat posted:

http://i.imgur.com/LR8xG1D.jpg

Maybe because the mainstream media doesn't cover non-existent events, or if it actually did happen, did want to give attention to a bunch of xenophobic fucktards?

Uh the article clearly states they're patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
So northern England is flooded to poo poo right now. Really awful.

Social media is full of people who think we should divert foreign aid to flood defences. Like there's two jars sat on the Chancellor's shelf labeled 'foreign aid' and 'flood defences', and he can only take from one and add to another. This is of course absurd (what he actually did was take out the flood defence jar and pocket the money).

Even more bizarre, there are people trying to blame immigrants. Immigrants need houses you see, which get built on flood plains. And I've seen at least one link to god's wrath (God is angry becasue we let immigrants into our country, which is funny because I'm pretty sure Jesus was just fine with that).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fathis Munk posted:

Uh the article clearly states they're patriots

Does anyone outside of Kojima use Patriot as not just another word of xenophobic fucktards?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone outside of Kojima use Patriot as not just another word of xenophobic fucktards?

Yes, when they're calling themselves patriots.

Or the football team.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
A guy around here keeps "liking" posts from super-racist sites, especially Wounded American Warrior. Seems like he's smart enough not to share the poo poo himself, but liking it still makes it show up on my feed, so it's still IoSM.

Stuff like "School Forces Students to Celebrate Christmas Covered with Muslim Symbolism; Parents Furious" and "Muslim Woman Doesn’t Remove her ‘Slave Sheets’ After Police Orders, Doesn’t End Well". A common theme is stories where someone commits a violent crime and then screams out that they're a Muslim in the middle of their murderous rampage, or a "thug" being put in their place by a white authority figure. And the racists eat up the most outlandish stories as long as they vindicate their beliefs.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

poptart_fairy posted:

It's funny because this is one of those images where the inherent message is actually pretty neat - "don't treat retail employees like poo poo" - but comes across as so insufferably smug I want to side against the person just because.

Yeah, people who go out of their way to be lovely to retail/restaurant employees don't give a poo poo. If they did, they wouldn't act the way that they do. Example: remember that screaming Apple Store lady?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Police shouldn't be in the business of forcing women to undress no matter what.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

cash crab posted:

Yeah, people who go out of their way to be lovely to retail/restaurant employees don't give a poo poo. If they did, they wouldn't act the way that they do. Example: remember that screaming Apple Store lady?

No, I don't.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Pastry of the Year posted:

The ticket is $275 an they take your board smh ... Open your eyes to New World Order ... Don't be trapped in a trapped world

The New World Order must be pretty broke if they need $275 fines that badly in order to fund their schemes.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Gross Dude posted:

No, I don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM7Xhi_QG1w

e:

i love this so much

cash crab has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Dec 28, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

?????

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What is she even saying?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

twistedmentat posted:

Maybe because the mainstream media doesn't cover non-existent events, or if it actually did happen, did want to give attention to a bunch of xenophobic fucktards?

stdh.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35083561

quote:

Tens of thousands of people marched in the Polish capital Warsaw, accusing the new Conservative government of trying to manipulate state institutions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Somehow I thought this was the case. I've seen more than a few images of crowds claiming that they were celebrating or protesting something.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:cripes: I've known this girl for years, and she's very nice but she's the worst combination of XTREME EDGELORD and ~lul rawr randooom! I have ever encountered. I know her, and this probably did happen, but it's probably a serious exaggeration.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Goddammit, if you hate having a family so much just don't have one, problem loving solved.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I forgot to point out that "my husband" pic was shared by the same girl who shared this on her timeline

The Saddest Rhino posted:

no need to activates special scheme

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I forgot to point out that "my husband" pic was shared by the same girl who shared this on her timeline

???? is she married or no?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

I was going to say maybe the first one followed the second but the second one is from 2 months later. Maybe she was ambushed into a surprise family??

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED

I am from the whitest-bread east Massachusetts town possible and this is hands down the most New England cookie cutter McMansion house foyer I've ever seen. Fight the power there kid. Your parents didn't give anything up to give you a better future.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

cash crab posted:

first year anniversary coming february

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Otisburg posted:

Fun experiment: Next time your local IOSM links one of those "IQ tests" or something like it that says "I got a 148 how will you do?" follow the link and answer it entirely at random and check out your score.

They always return a "bragworthy" result b/c they want you to share it so they can get shares and hits and sell dick pills or whatever their actual aim is.

Couple pages back, but this is not always true. Some one I knew a couple years back linked one, showing an absurdly high IQ(~180ish), and convinced me to do it, so I do and score absurdly high as well.

I then got my ex to try it, and she scored ~70. After I convinced her to do it because there was no way to get an a bad score. It was hilarious.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really liked the part in the book The Know-it-All by AJ Jacobs where he goes to a MENSA meeting and it's all a bunch of fat miserable broke anti-social guys meeting in a Burger King and hating/feeling superior to each other and his conclusion is basically "people who brag about their IQs are barely functioning retards"

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Dec 28, 2015

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

EvilGenius posted:

So northern England is flooded to poo poo right now. Really awful.

Social media is full of people who think we should divert foreign aid to flood defences. Like there's two jars sat on the Chancellor's shelf labeled 'foreign aid' and 'flood defences', and he can only take from one and add to another. This is of course absurd (what he actually did was take out the flood defence jar and pocket the money).

Even more bizarre, there are people trying to blame immigrants. Immigrants need houses you see, which get built on flood plains. And I've seen at least one link to god's wrath (God is angry becasue we let immigrants into our country, which is funny because I'm pretty sure Jesus was just fine with that).

Also what we call "flood defenses" are hilariously ineffective because the systems that actually WORK are watershed-level landscape changes like taking all the drat sheep off the high uplands, filling in the drainage channels to allow bogs to redevelop and planting tens of millions of hectares of native forest on the mid level slopes, all of which slow runoff and reduce the peak flow in a river after a major rainstorm. But we don't do that because a) farmers don't like it and (in England at least) overwhelmingly vote conservative and b) it's a plan that would take longer to see fruition than a single election cycle. So instead we invest far more money in short term bodges like dredging and shoring up banks without ever actually tackling the root cause of the problem /envirorant

Fatkraken has a new favorite as of 08:51 on Dec 28, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Aesop Poprock posted:

I really liked the part in the book The Know-it-All by AJ Jacobs where he goes to a MENSA meeting and it's all a bunch of fat miserable broke anti-social guys meeting in a Burger King and hating/feeling superior to each other and his conclusion is basically "people who brag about their IQs are barely functioning retards"

Yeah seems like if you were that smart you'd have a better feather for your cap than "I'm smart, full stop." I'd make the usual crack about being in a "brain surgeon club" instead of MENSA, but apparently neurosurgery isn't the hallmark of general intelligence that old chestnut made it out to be.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Otisburg posted:

Yeah seems like if you were that smart you'd have a better feather for your cap than "I'm smart, full stop." I'd make the usual crack about being in a "brain surgeon club" instead of MENSA, but apparently neurosurgery isn't the hallmark of general intelligence that old chestnut made it out to be.

There is no real hallmark of such, really. Any degree, other than one in philosophy, is just saying 'I know alot about X', not saying they know a drat thing about anything else. A degree in philosophy is 'I can think real good' but has no real implication of a solid fact base to get there, and seems to just make people embrace their fallacies that much harder.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

Slight derail, but Jacobs's Year of Living Biblically was hysterical, especially the part where he tries to stone an adulterer.

Anyway, yeah. People who get all flush about the fact that they got 135 on an internet test* bring it up because it's a way to protect themselves from criticism, full stop. If you tell someone who thinks they have an IQ of WOW SO HIGH NUMBER that they're wrong, they can tsk and dismiss you because how could I be wrong I am so smart.

*: (Very few people ever get administered real IQ tests, and IIRC when you DO get one, you aren't usually given the results unless you request it. I had one administered when I was a teenager and the only thing I heard was, "You did very well on the vocabulary portion," which I assume means I did absolute shite on the math part.)

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

I think I went to Berroteros on one of my annual trips to the Mediterranean.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I can't even begin to imagine what a Stage 3 Atheist is.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Leavemywife posted:

I can't even begin to imagine what a Stage 3 Atheist is.

Preeeetty sure whoever posted the original thing was taking the piss, unless Poe's Law is fuckin' with me hard.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah it's become a running theme to make ironic posts in that vein. You run into them on YouTube comment sections and the like from time to time.

No one is that stereotypical.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Otisburg posted:

Preeeetty sure whoever posted the original thing was taking the piss, unless Poe's Law is fuckin' with me hard.

Yeah, there's just too much low hanging fruit for this to be real.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Have some russian IOSM
This guy is in love with Putin and hates Ukraine. 95% of his posts are about this, and most of them are childish insults and lovely edits.

"Me and my idiot brother"

Maybe we should stop fighting? It doesn't matter if you're Russian or Ukrainian. What matters is that you're not Ukrainian.

They hate Russia | They love and Respect Russia

62 years old + sport
49 years old + alcohol

Turns "No! No!" into sexy "Mmmm! Mmm!" :stare:

Here's the punchline: guy is openly gay.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah it's become a running theme to make ironic posts in that vein. You run into them on YouTube comment sections and the like from time to time.

No one is that stereotypical.

At the very least, they should recognize that ailiing MLP as an intellectual masterpiece is questionable at best. Now if they went on a spiel about the hidden depths of Fluttershy's character, I could believe it.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

What is she even saying?

"I was told by Apple care that I could walk in the store and get the part"

I assume, I got a dog to translate it for me.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

EvilGenius posted:

That's pretty ancient. "*bad thing* happened! God is punishing us for tolerating *thing I don't like.*"

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Vookatos posted:

Have some russian IOSM
This guy is in love with Putin and hates Ukraine. 95% of his posts are about this, and most of them are childish insults and lovely edits.

"Me and my idiot brother"

Maybe we should stop fighting? It doesn't matter if you're Russian or Ukrainian. What matters is that you're not Ukrainian.

They hate Russia | They love and Respect Russia

62 years old + sport
49 years old + alcohol

Turns "No! No!" into sexy "Mmmm! Mmm!" :stare:

Here's the punchline: guy is openly gay.

weird punchline

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

plain blue jacket posted:

weird punchline

Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but someone who's openly gay might not jive with Putin and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

plain blue jacket posted:

weird punchline

What a weird trick.

But yeah I understood it like our resident racoon, putin's Russia is less then friendly towards gays.

paradoxGentleman posted:

At the very least, they should recognize that ailiing MLP as an intellectual masterpiece is questionable at best. Now if they went on a spiel about the hidden depths of Fluttershy's character, I could believe it.

Let me show you my 1000 page manifest showing that mlp is a parable for the fight against the bourgeoisie.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Dec 28, 2015