Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who hasen't heard of CDbaby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I recommended WHM to someone who is a Flophouse fan and they were like "so, I see they're corporate sponsored and you can only get some of their episodes on some app :smug: " and I was very confused by this. They have some ads in the beginning for generally small companies that you can just skip and they don't do the app thing anymore which was just for special bonus eps anyway. Better poo poo on these guys for trying to make a couple bucks off their free podcast, ya know, like most podcasts.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

HoAssHo posted:

I recommended WHM to someone who is a Flophouse fan and they were like "so, I see they're corporate sponsored and you can only get some of their episodes on some app :smug: " and I was very confused by this. They have some ads in the beginning for generally small companies that you can just skip and they don't do the app thing anymore which was just for special bonus eps anyway. Better poo poo on these guys for trying to make a couple bucks off their free podcast, ya know, like most podcasts.

Beware the corporate influences of BIG RAZOR BLADE.

Seriously, no company that advertises on podcasts is like your Wal Marts or your Coca Colas. Heaven forbid you hear an ad for a thing and think of buying it rather than saying "gently caress UR SYSTEM."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The flop house is worse, it has advertisements for maximum fun shows that aren't run by the Macelroys

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

De Nomolos posted:

Beware the corporate influences of BIG RAZOR BLADE.

Seriously, no company that advertises on podcasts is like your Wal Marts or your Coca Colas. Heaven forbid you hear an ad for a thing and think of buying it rather than saying "gently caress UR SYSTEM."

Comedy Bang Bang ran ads for Pepsi a long time ago actually :smug:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Artistic endeavors of any kind are only worthwhile if I, personally, don't have to pay for them.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HoAssHo posted:

They even quit the app thing and work in episodes from it on their repeats sometimes. You can even listen to it all on bandcamp.

The only thing you need to pay for is their commentaries, and if you're really cheap you can get them for a buck on google play.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Al! posted:

So if that's the case if I buy it on cdbaby they get about 3.60 but if I buy it on Apple they get about 7 bucks.
What? No.

The price for the commentary is three bucks. If you buy it on iTunes, WHM gets $2.10. If you buy it on CD Baby, WHM gets $2.73.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 25, 2015

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

piratepilates posted:

Don't remind me. My poor earholes.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

piratepilates posted:

Oh yeah, Pepsi Max. The diet cola that's superior to Coke Zero. Don't mind that either! Dear god, have they never heard like an old time radio show that drops ads right in the middle? Or like...any other podcast that's got more than 10 listeners?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

What? No.

The price for the commentary is three bucks. If you buy it on iTunes, WHM gets $2.10. If you buy it on CD Baby, WHM gets $2.73.

Oh that's interesting, so in addition to taking a larger cut iTunes marks up the episode and then takes that as well? Because the Sithmentary is $9.99 on iTunes.

Pretty hosed up!

Al! fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 25, 2015

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Has there been any explanation as to why it's only $2.99 ($4.14 Canadian) on CD Baby and 10 dollars on the Canadian iTunes store?

^^ beat me to it. Point still stands though

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I think it's something about it being album length so iTunes prices it at an album price. I'm not 100% though, but they don't set the iTunes price. Same thing happens with Welcome to Nightvale with bandcamp vs iTunes I believe too.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
lol ok I just assumed it would be the same price on iTunes.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 25, 2015

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

I recommended WHM to someone who is a Flophouse fan and they were like "so, I see they're corporate sponsored and you can only get some of their episodes on some app :smug: " and I was very confused by this.
I can clear up this confusion - your buddy's dumb as hell.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Also it really is a good deal on razors, so that's an extra silly reason to be mad at free entertainment.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was going to wait for the Sithmentary to show up on Amazon since that's where I've bought previous WHM commentary tracks and I like having all my stuff in one place for when I want to download it again later on, but I guess if the guys get a bigger piece of the pie from CDBaby I can hold my nose and buy it there.

Also I'm pretty impatient.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
So, who sent in the mailbag letter to WHM? Come on stairs boy, you know who you are!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

OrangeKing posted:

So, who sent in the mailbag letter to WHM? Come on stairs boy, you know who you are!

I was about to post asking this as soon as I heard it. Clearly we know they aren't protected :colbert:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Whoever sent that letter deserves a red text avatar.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Whoever sent that letter deserves a red text avatar.
The stairs letter or the red pants diaries?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

:rimshot:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TetsuoTW posted:

That poor lady has suffered enough.

Also John is a true hero, wherever he is.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
That was one of the most cringeworthy story I've ever heard in that mailbag. Good Lord. Props to John for being a gentleman, tho

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

OrangeKing posted:

Came here to post this, someone fess up. Could be in that WHM cineD thread I keep forgetting to follow

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
that period story made me feel bad for laughing, I lost it when she came out to a theater lobby full of kids to see air bud. props to the boyfriend and gently caress the rest of the friends.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dr. Lariat posted:

Came here to post this, someone fess up. Could be in that WHM cineD thread I keep forgetting to follow
No-one's fessed up in there either. I think hearing it out loud and then being laughed at may have shamed Corporal Goon into silence.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait so is Eric actually a goon? How did this person know this? Why does it matter?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 29, 2015

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

boys i think we may have a goon in our midst. lets get em

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait so is Eric actually a goon? How did this person know this? Why does it matter?

Eric has an account named after blame it on outer space, he posts in the CineD thread sometimes

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Eric has an account named after blame it on outer space, he posts in the CineD thread sometimes

Ahh okay. That's...well, it's a little less embarrassing from the sense of his being registered here being more obvious and not this goon e-stalking him, but still. Yikes.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He's posted in this thread a couple of times too.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's me, I'm Eric Movie.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It was me, I'm the stairs guy. But not really I'd just like the infamy. :shobon:

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Eric is lying about the stairs.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

davidHalestorm posted:

That was one of the most cringeworthy story I've ever heard in that mailbag. Good Lord. Props to John for being a gentleman, tho

That period story was so bad :( brings to mind the fact that nobody tells you what cramps actually feel like, so you think you've got a horrendous stomach ache until..whoops, insanely heavy period! Definitely eclipses the mild shame of the story that *I* sent into the mailbag (the costume shop one.) Her friends were complete dicks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Infamous Sphere posted:

That period story was so bad :( brings to mind the fact that nobody tells you what cramps actually feel like, so you think you've got a horrendous stomach ache until..whoops, insanely heavy period! Definitely eclipses the mild shame of the story that *I* sent into the mailbag (the costume shop one.) Her friends were complete dicks.

The only good part about it was the person you would think that would be the worst about it, ended up being the best.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
just a heads up for anyone with Apple Music. The We Hate Movies Sithmentary is up there for free if you are a subscriber

I still bought one from CD Baby cause it is that drat good

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

bobkatt013 posted:

The only good part about it was the person you would think that would be the worst about it, ended up being the best.

Seriously. Why aren't they a couple today? That's one hell of a meet-cute.

Stupid mom, ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Infamous Sphere posted:

That was a really good story.