Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Is it already time for the Fedora Fan Forums meet up? Yellow_Kid_31 is always late, but everybody waits for him because he knows how to get the party going, and most of the other attendees just want to talk about gamergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Today's contemporary issue affecting young adults? "Comic books were different when your dad was a kid."

Please, Kirby drew like 8 issues of The Avengers before Don Heck took over.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

There is nothing more Batiuk than complaining about how comic artists, who are still not treated as well as they should be, have more freedom than they did under borderline dictatorial silver age editorial regimes. The man is probably a fan of Jim Shooter's management style.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Arelon posted:

Classic Dilbert

"Yes, I know they were wrong. That's why I threw them out. In the garbage."

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

!!!!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

:allears:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I think these people might be called Spicy and Specs, but I'm not certain. If only someone in the strip would use their names so we could be sure.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (October 29, 1928)

Peanuts (January 9, 1969)

Aw Christ, It's That Goddamn Les Moore Again

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (June 27-28, 1928)

Thimble Theater (July 16, 1929)

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Aw Christ, It's That Goddamn Les Moore Again

EAT poo poo

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

=:smug:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

And here I thought the Bandar's democracy was loving nuts.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's transitioning to :smith:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Some neat background on an old stereotype comic strip we don't post here: http://www.ferris.edu/HTMLS/news/jimcrow/question/dec15/index.htm

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A3G

https://clyp.it/mngolsfd

For the first time, the comic is in audio form. HEAR Greg's final thoughts before a fateful decision.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
:monar:?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

A3G

For the first time, the comic is in audio form. HEAR Greg's final thoughts before a fateful decision.

A mixed-media masterpiece of our times.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

greatn posted:

A3G

The pro-est click ever posted in this thread.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's smashed his face against the window! He's not sick, he's dead you fool.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

So how did The Seven Nations became The Twelve Nations? And was it before or after 2003?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They just didn't know what to do with themselves, so the Seven Nation army went on a conquest

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

greatn posted:

A3G

:stare:

Oh my God.

:bravo:

Luann

Talk. To. Quill. Are you trying to have a grown-up relationship or not? Geesh.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Poor Newspaper Spider-Man just isn't very good at this.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Julie. You don't have to put on the red light. :ohdear:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Good news for all Moomin fanatics! The coming summer you can join others like you* and celebrate a Moomin Midsummer in Finland in the first ever Moomin Festival! As of yet they don't even have English or Swedish language web pages, that's how sure they are of their success!

http://moominfestivals.com/

I like Bodom as the venue. I think they should go wild with a Moomins of Bodom spoof band! Something for bored parents...

*if you're a Finnish kid or a Japanese tourist

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Is... is that mandrake?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't mind saying I'm looking forward to this one. I didn't know Lothar was a king.

Hoover Dam posted:

Some neat background on an old stereotype comic strip we don't post here: http://www.ferris.edu/HTMLS/news/jimcrow/question/dec15/index.htm
That was an interesting read. A good quick look at how complicated race issues have been in the US for a long time.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Looks like June is high.

Secret Agent X-9

"Bill Slade," Gangster

Apartment 3-G

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
So is there some conflict or issue that Mary worth is meddling in that I missed or has the past month really just been old woman and young girl go to places in New York?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

So is there some conflict or issue that Mary worth is meddling in that I missed or has the past month really just been old woman and young girl go to places in New York?

I'm convinced at this point that Moy and/or Giella went on a trip to NYC around Thanksgiving, and this storyline is to let them write it off as a work-related expense.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

"Oh, wait, poo poo, my identity is supposed to be secret. Forget I said anything."

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

New year comin', thread relaunch time approacheth.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The problem is the kid's parents love loving too much.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze thinks this is comedy.

Is there a goddamn worse, less funny "nerd joke" than "I like Jar Jar"? In the history of any entertainment?

And these dipshits used it twice recently.

This is totally an irrational thing for me to give a care about, but it's the laziest loving gag in a strip full of them.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Whoolighams posted:

Is there a goddamn worse, less funny "nerd joke" than "I like Jar Jar"? In the history of any entertainment?

And these dipshits used it twice recently.

This is totally an irrational thing for me to give a care about, but it's the laziest loving gag in a strip full of them.

Ironically, characters taking themselves too seriously was one of the deeper problems with the prequels. Unless you count Obi Wan's eye rolling.

Every one of the protagonists in the original trilogy snarked or goofed around. I'd argue that JarJar failed precisely because he was the only one not being super serious. Compare prequel yoda(austere, worried about everything) to empire's yoda(trolling luke, and laughing about everything).

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Olive's parents are total horndogs for each other. In the Worthiverse, this is definitely a shameful character flaw worthy of an old lady intervention.

Also, Olive has visions of the future and fairies and poo poo, but that's not important.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows the place of a servant.

Working Daze has poor posture.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix summarizes the march of technology pretty well.

And let's just get this out of the way now:

The only entertaining thing to come from Dresden Codak.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 12/07/14

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

We now return to our regularly scheduled dong update.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Between worshiping virgin births and long hours at work I haven’t been able to keep up. Here’s a bunch of comics broken into several posts.

We start with Broom Hilda , because I know that’s what everyone has been waiting for.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Gasoline Alley is for those of you who think Guy Gilchrist and his 1950’s fetish is pandering to kids these days:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Heavenly Nostrils
For Christmas some kind soul (possibly Jesus. He does poo poo like this.) gave my daughter the perfect presents:

She also asks that I explain that the mask was my idea, not hers, because it was easier than pixeling out her face.

• Locked thread