Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Help, I need to change DR instances

use moot baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Help, I need to change DR instances

No.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Next time grab a couple candy corn stacks and become Pukahontas

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

hey thrad I guess I should be exploring joining a guild or whatever since I've got one char at ~40 and another ~20, especially for these dungeons. PLayed some WvW yesterday and jfc some of the shortened names that commanders are using for things are impossible to understand unless you've been playing for a bit.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

PC Gamer's Phil Savage's Personal Pick of 2015: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This has to be some kind of troll :lol:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

CLAM DOWN posted:

This has to be some kind of troll :lol:

he picked it from the garbage.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I'm trying my best to figure out how that can be seen as a troll. Unless this thread has fallen so far that "liking HoT" can be considered a troll.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Totbot posted:

I'm trying my best to figure out how that can be seen as a troll. Unless this thread has fallen so far that "liking HoT" can be considered a troll.

....are you trolling now? I don't have the loving energy for this anymore just read the last like 120 pages of this thread, or go check reddit, or basicaly anywhere, if you're confused as to why this expansion "sucks".

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
And its entirely possible to like the expansion and not agree with all the doom and gloom?

Got it. Opinions only matter when its your opinion.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Phil posted:

Guild Wars 2 is a reminder that, just like everyone else, I'm an ultimately insignificant speck in a world that doesn't care—barely in charge of my own destiny, let alone that of anything large-scale or important.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Totbot posted:

And its entirely possible to like the expansion and not agree with all the doom and gloom?

Got it. Opinions only matter when its your opinion.

Oh my god please stop

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Arus being a whiny baby when people don't agree with him.

Par for the course.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

....are you trolling now? I don't have the loving energy for this anymore just read the last like 120 pages of this thread, or go check reddit, or basicaly anywhere, if you're confused as to why this expansion "sucks".

I've enjoyed the expansion so far, though there are plenty of things I don't like about it.

I don't post positive things in this thread any more because it's a circlejerk of negativity.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god please stop having a different opinion than me it's just too much for me to take

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

lmao

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Totbot posted:

Arus being a whiny baby when people don't agree with him.

Par for the course.

Nice meltdown.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Is it possible to get all the mastery's? I got 40 Tyria points at launch and I don't see many more points being that feasible for me to get.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

knowonecanknow posted:

Is it possible to get all the mastery's? I got 40 Tyria points at launch and I don't see many more points being that feasible for me to get.

Yeah, it's a colossal grind tho. Do other stuff and get them along the way is all I can say.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

quote:

Ultimately, Heart of Thorns feels like what an MMO should be

RIP MMOs

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

It's all about being the pretties princess of them all.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Priapus Unbound posted:

I've enjoyed the expansion so far, though there are plenty of things I don't like about it.

I don't post positive things in this thread any more because it's a circlejerk of negativity.

Ditto, i've liked 90% of the expansion pretty much. The raid still bugs me, and probably will bug me a lot more when shots of the legendary armor start showing up, but everything else has been pretty fun.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Any editor who didn't pick FO4 as GoTY raises some serious red flags with me, it's basically the SMB of our time. Now, I'm not suggesting payments changed hands...

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

E:^ witcher 3 was a vastly better game than FO4

the raids are surprisingly good and you're doing yourself a disservice if you write them off without trying them

that being said the goon organization for raids is terrible and if you haven't tried it because of that, I don't blame your dissatisfaction

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The raids are def the best part of the expansion, too bad less people play them than even spvp.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Yea, I'll never end up doing the raid(s) because I can't find people to do them (that aren't random pubbies). Friends all stopped playing after futzing with the xpac for a couple weeks.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

They really should have done a normal mode and hard mode.

Tune normal mode based on exotics and more forgiving enrage timers, less incoming damage. Let people learn the mechanics then they can hop into hard mode with friends.

Rewards for both modes would still be poo poo though, got to keep with some tradition

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Some interesting info on WvW.

The map was built over 6 months, beautiful lots of pretty things some serious effort went into it the looks. The programmer(s) were given 3 weeks to install the WvW ruleset on it which is why numerous issues keep popping up like glitched out walls and hosed up waypoints.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

When does goon run raids? I wanna try now that I have more time. Do they require anything?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have less issue with HoT than expansions for other mmos that just tack on an extra gear tier, add some raids to the pile, and call it a day, so tbh i generally don't feel much like posting about it anymore given the current trend of people wanting to talk about how it killed their dog and strangled the last bit of hope that humanity might have held in its crib. it was a bit overpriced for what it was, but i've spent money on worse things in the past and the game itself still has no monthly. :shrug:

Lyer posted:

Tune normal mode based on exotics and more forgiving enrage timers, less incoming damage. Let people learn the mechanics then they can hop into hard mode with friends.

Rewards for both modes would still be poo poo though, got to keep with some tradition

hell, this is pretty much how content was handled in gw1 and it was great.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Lyer posted:

HoT feels like "get it out on time" then spend the rest of the year tuning it with feature packs. Difficulty modes and LFG is such a bog standard MMO feature these days it had to have been cut for time, atleast you'd hope.

And yeah rewards are poo poo, don't feel bad if you don't do em. Fractals give much better stuff.

knowonecanknow posted:

When does goon run raids? I wanna try now that I have more time. Do they require anything?

Berzerker gear, 10 people, voice chat, a bunch of classes at 80 and patience. I dunno when goon do it but SFD will be running newbies through it in the new year (if there's enough interest) Most people get bored after killing VG and seeing the reward however so who knows.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Also big announcement on the 13th, get hype.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Visidan posted:

Berzerker gear, 10 people, voice chat, a bunch of classes at 80 and patience. I dunno when goon do it but SFD will be running newbies through it in the new year (if there's enough interest) Most people get bored after killing VG and seeing the reward however so who knows.

Maybe I'll join SFD too and do the raids.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
If you want to do raids on your own time use the LFG tool imo.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

but pubbies :ohdear:

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Visidan posted:

Also big announcement on the 13th, get hype.

HoT is going to be free.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

goons are worse than pubbies, scum of the earth

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Enrage timers are actually pretty generous. It's just that most people probably feel like they run into a brick wall with little progress at the start. Also ya'll should turn on cheat mode with double Mesmers running those Distortion wells until they fix that.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ExHumus posted:

HoT is going to be free.

I don't know what it is but I've been told it'll be Cataclysmic in scale for Gw2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Ahahahahahaha what a wiener.

• Locked thread