Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

to you

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

keyboard vomit posted:

It's too bad they didn't rename it the Jeeeeeeeeep

lol

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vb9gxrjmm0

BEWARE THE DEEEEP WEEEB

Someone come up with a hacker drinking game for this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

the guy who drew these turned into a doctor, and i could swear that somebody on this forum knows him, or has met him

either that guy or the guy who told dick cheney to go gently caress himself

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

https://www.etsy.com/listing/259952011/meat-smoker-or-organic-post-death-pet?ref=listing-shop-header-2

:wtc:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

prefect posted:

the guy who drew these turned into a doctor, and i could swear that somebody on this forum knows him, or has met him

either that guy or the guy who told dick cheney to go gently caress himself

it's the first one. he dropped the comics because he's in a public high level position and there's no way those comics wouldn't come back to bite him in the rear end if he kept it up

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

ewiley posted:

BEWARE THE DEEEEP WEEEB

seems like this guy really wants to be welcome to night vale

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Necc0 posted:

it's the first one. he dropped the comics because he's in a public high level position and there's no way those comics wouldn't come back to bite him in the rear end if he kept it up

i should clarify: both of the guys in question are doctors. but i believe that only one of them has met a yosposter. i wanna say it was trig?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ewiley posted:

BEWARE THE DEEEEP WEEEB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO9tSJR1Zvc

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ewiley posted:

BEWARE THE DEEEEP WEEEB

hahahahaha

"i was one of the elite few who knew how to hack the google tool bar"

also unless you're like 70 "i've been using computers since i was 12" is the least-impressive boast of all time

also "parent directories" is a hacking term apparently

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

to me

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

will smith (the terrifyingly-white standup who played phil in "the thick of it", not the unterrifyingly-black actor) used to have an absolutely amazing bit about how it was acceptable for straight men to have crushes on male celebrities that started with having to cuddle up to brad pitt for warmth in an antarctic expedition and ended with being spit-roasted by the chuckle brothers

i'll never hear those words the same way again

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

hahahahaha

"i was one of the elite few who knew how to hack the google tool bar"

also unless you're like 70 "i've been using computers since i was 12" is the least-impressive boast of all time

also "parent directories" is a hacking term apparently

LOL IP scrambler and custom encryption, it's like CSI:DEEPWEB

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

I'm in the DORKWEB

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
ghost hacker!!

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

"TOR browser? *snigger* I'm not a nub I use a PROXY"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This is the back of Elijah Jefferson Bond's gravestone. Bond patented the Ouija board in 1891. In 1907, Bond trademarked another oracle game called "Nirvana the Magic Swastika Talking Board," which is now exceedingly rare.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SmokaDustbowl posted:

and he has a smile like those black blobby guys from the maxx

hello old friend

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qymNsj5hEo0

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

it's not surprising that whoever holds this worldview also writes and draws like a small child

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

yeah i was gonna say there's no way a kid did that

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

at the date posted:

it's not surprising that whoever holds this worldview also writes and draws like a small child

I had already turned in my cartoon Friday afternoon when, Saturday morning, I read the news that Reagan’s health was failing. I began drawing immediately. I have had a rough draft of this cartoon ready for this occasion for years. As the day continued I kept getting e-mails and text messages from friends excitedly anticipating the Gipper’s impending death. Finally Steve, with whom I have planned for over a decade to hold a party on the day of Reagan’s funeral, called me from the track, where he was betting on the Belmont Stakes, to tell me that the old bastard was finally dead. He reported that there had been a perfunctory Moment of Silence, lasting approximately 1.6 seconds, before everyone went back to betting. It was beautiful. As the afternoon went on I got a flood of congratulatory calls from friends around the world—Ben in Boston, Megan and Mike in New York, Berkeley in Baltimore, even Allison in Bulgaria. I e-mailed this cartoon into the City Paper around seven P.M., begging them in the name of our sweet lord and savior Jesus Christ to stop the presses and please run this Wednesday, and then headed down to Baltimore to drink tiny beers and watch The Big Lebowski. The Reagan party will be held at my house this weekend.

Perhaps it may seem insensitive and unpatriotic to some for me to run such an ugly cartoon at this time of national mourning. To those of you who hold this view, I must respectfully say gently caress you. Some of my younger readers may not even remember Ronald Regan’s presidency, and I would not want them to be misled by the onslaught of state propaganda they’ll be subjected to this week. Calling him the Great Communicator is like calling Hitler the Great Negotiator, and if we’re going to credit him with winning the Cold War we may as well credit him with the Challenger disaster and the return of Halley’s Comet. Let me tell you what it was really like:

Even at age twelve I could tell that Jimmy Carter was an honest man trying to address complicated issues and Ronald Reagan was a brilcreemed salesman telling people what they wanted to hear. I secretly wept on the stairs the night he was elected President, because I understood that the kind of shitheads I had to listen to in the cafeteria grew up to become voters, and won. I spent the eight years he was in office living in one of those science-fiction movies where everyone is taken over by aliens—I was appalled by how stupid and mean-spirited and repulsive the world was becoming while everyone else in America seemed to agree that things were finally exactly as they should be. The Washington Press corps was so enamored of his down-to-earth charm that they never checked his facts, but if you watched his face when it was at rest, when he wasn’t performing for anyone, you could see him for what he really was—a black-eyed, slit-mouthed, lizard-faced old son-of-a-bitch. He was a bad actor, an informer for McCarthy, and a hired front man for a gang of Texas oilmen, fundamentalist dingbats, and right-wing psychotics out of Dr. Strangelove. He put a genial face on chauvanism, callousness, and greed, and made people feel good about being bigots again. He likened Central American death squads to our founding fathers and called the Taliban “freedom fighters.” His legacy includes the dismantling of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal, the final dirty win of Management over Labor, the outsourcing of America’s manufacturing base, the embezzlement of almost all the country's wealth by 1% of its citizens, the scapegoating of the poor and black, the War on Drugs, the eviction of schizophrenics into the streets, AIDS, acid rain, Iran-Contra, and, let’s not forget, the corpses of two hundred forty United States Marines. He moved the center of political discourse in this country to somewhere in between Richard Nixon and Augusto Pinochet. He believed in astrology and Armageddon and didn't know the difference between history and movies; his stories were lies and his jokes were scripted. He was the triumph of image over truth, paving the way for even more vapid spokesmodels like George W. Bush. He was, as everyone agrees, exactly what he appeared to be—nothing. He made me ashamed to be an American. If there was any justice in this world his Presidential Library would contain nothing but boys' adventure books and bad cowboy movies, and the only things named after him would be shopping malls and Potter's Fields. Let the earth where he is buried be seeded with salt.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SffWCHGJ1ZU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Reagan ruled and so many whiney babies cant deal with it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

Reagan ruled and so many whiney babies cant deal with it

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

japans always on the forefront of tenticle R&D

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Necc0 posted:

which means that as soon as he retires and becomes a gives no fucks old man he's going to have a backlog to put up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Segmentation Fault posted:

I had already turned in my cartoon Friday afternoon when, Saturday morning, I read the news that Reagan’s health was failing. I began drawing immediately. I have had a rough draft of this cartoon ready for this occasion for years. As the day continued I kept getting e-mails and text messages from friends excitedly anticipating the Gipper’s impending death. Finally Steve, with whom I have planned for over a decade to hold a party on the day of Reagan’s funeral, called me from the track, where he was betting on the Belmont Stakes, to tell me that the old bastard was finally dead. He reported that there had been a perfunctory Moment of Silence, lasting approximately 1.6 seconds, before everyone went back to betting. It was beautiful. As the afternoon went on I got a flood of congratulatory calls from friends around the world—Ben in Boston, Megan and Mike in New York, Berkeley in Baltimore, even Allison in Bulgaria. I e-mailed this cartoon into the City Paper around seven P.M., begging them in the name of our sweet lord and savior Jesus Christ to stop the presses and please run this Wednesday, and then headed down to Baltimore to drink tiny beers and watch The Big Lebowski. The Reagan party will be held at my house this weekend.

Perhaps it may seem insensitive and unpatriotic to some for me to run such an ugly cartoon at this time of national mourning. To those of you who hold this view, I must respectfully say gently caress you. Some of my younger readers may not even remember Ronald Regan’s presidency, and I would not want them to be misled by the onslaught of state propaganda they’ll be subjected to this week. Calling him the Great Communicator is like calling Hitler the Great Negotiator, and if we’re going to credit him with winning the Cold War we may as well credit him with the Challenger disaster and the return of Halley’s Comet. Let me tell you what it was really like:

Even at age twelve I could tell that Jimmy Carter was an honest man trying to address complicated issues and Ronald Reagan was a brilcreemed salesman telling people what they wanted to hear. I secretly wept on the stairs the night he was elected President, because I understood that the kind of shitheads I had to listen to in the cafeteria grew up to become voters, and won. I spent the eight years he was in office living in one of those science-fiction movies where everyone is taken over by aliens—I was appalled by how stupid and mean-spirited and repulsive the world was becoming while everyone else in America seemed to agree that things were finally exactly as they should be. The Washington Press corps was so enamored of his down-to-earth charm that they never checked his facts, but if you watched his face when it was at rest, when he wasn’t performing for anyone, you could see him for what he really was—a black-eyed, slit-mouthed, lizard-faced old son-of-a-bitch. He was a bad actor, an informer for McCarthy, and a hired front man for a gang of Texas oilmen, fundamentalist dingbats, and right-wing psychotics out of Dr. Strangelove. He put a genial face on chauvanism, callousness, and greed, and made people feel good about being bigots again. He likened Central American death squads to our founding fathers and called the Taliban “freedom fighters.” His legacy includes the dismantling of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal, the final dirty win of Management over Labor, the outsourcing of America’s manufacturing base, the embezzlement of almost all the country's wealth by 1% of its citizens, the scapegoating of the poor and black, the War on Drugs, the eviction of schizophrenics into the streets, AIDS, acid rain, Iran-Contra, and, let’s not forget, the corpses of two hundred forty United States Marines. He moved the center of political discourse in this country to somewhere in between Richard Nixon and Augusto Pinochet. He believed in astrology and Armageddon and didn't know the difference between history and movies; his stories were lies and his jokes were scripted. He was the triumph of image over truth, paving the way for even more vapid spokesmodels like George W. Bush. He was, as everyone agrees, exactly what he appeared to be—nothing. He made me ashamed to be an American. If there was any justice in this world his Presidential Library would contain nothing but boys' adventure books and bad cowboy movies, and the only things named after him would be shopping malls and Potter's Fields. Let the earth where he is buried be seeded with salt.

an impotent dork furiously scribbles some garbage about a man infinitely better and more important than himself.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

http://imgur.com/gallery/KKSFg

it's even better close up :chanpop:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

i should clarify: both of the guys in question are doctors. but i believe that only one of them has met a yosposter. i wanna say it was trig?

oh man i wish

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

an impotent dork furiously scribbles some garbage about a man infinitely better and more important than himself.

but enough about yourself

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

big balls are a chick magnet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol

• Locked thread