Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I wrote a thing. You can read it if you hate yourself.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/12/27/week-16-preview-none-of-this-matters/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm going to write a piece called "Peyton Manning is a big fat cheater I knew it all along everyone who cheats should be banned".

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
We could just pull a Tom Brady piece from last year. Probably wouldn't have to change too many words.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
a deliberately tone deaf patsfan article about how mannings legacy is tarnished could actually be pretty funny.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hmm, it could be the hot take troll bait post of the season.

FART editor, is there any way to put an author's byline at the bottom of a post?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hey dave

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ehud posted:

hey dave

oh nooo

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

This was a fun read...and I may be missing an in-joke or something...but you reference Ryan Tannehill when talking about the Colts....

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

hey dave

Mercury Mor-owns

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
...He followed me

There is no way that's actually him, is it? He's not verified and has just 2k followers

Edit: he's followed by official dolphins accounts gently caress did I just legitimately get followed by mercury morris lol

I hope he doesn't read my string of depressive drunk Giants tweets from last night

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 28, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Febreeze posted:

...He followed me

There is no way that's actually him, is it? He's not verified and has just 2k followers

It's him. He's followed by almost all of the Dolphins beat writers and Adam Schefter.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ehud posted:

hey dave

Every time these insufferable asshats resurface, I just think of Larry Czonka being murdered by black-hooded Canadian cultists and my blood pressure returns to normal.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

SirPhoebos posted:

Every time these insufferable asshats resurface, I just think of Larry Czonka being murdered by black-hooded Canadian cultists and my blood pressure returns to normal.

...I think I know what I'm watching this afternoon.

ROWSDOWER!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

whypick1 posted:

...I think I know what I'm watching this afternoon.

ROWSDOWER!

Giant Spider Invasion is the silver lining of whenever the Packers do really well :unsmith:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This was a fun read...and I may be missing an in-joke or something...but you reference Ryan Tannehill when talking about the Colts....

Yeah I meant that Ryan Tannehill and whoever was QBing for the Colts were gonna poo poo it up in OT. I phrased some of those jokes poorly for sure.

Febreeze posted:

...He followed me

Edit: he's followed by official dolphins accounts gently caress did I just legitimately get followed by mercury morris lol

I hope he doesn't read my string of depressive drunk Giants tweets from last night

Tweet goatse at him or we're not friends

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SirPhoebos posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mercury Morris is cool and the best part of The Black Six and if you were in his shoes you'd all be doing the same

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wait, Vince Wilfork was one of the Koopas in the Super Mario Bros. movie? :confused:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Wait, Vince Wilfork was one of the Koopas in the Super Mario Bros. movie? :confused:

Goombas

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

Mercury Morris is cool and the best part of The Black Six and if you were in his shoes you'd all be doing the same

:agreed:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
We ruined dabbing in like, a month. Good job america

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/america-gets-dabbing/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cam should just start reviving other dances that have been beat into the ground in reverse chronological order. Bust out the Dougie.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Cam should just start reviving other dances that have been beat into the ground in reverse chronological order. Bust out the Dougie.

Cam should just act like he's been there.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Cam should just act like he's been there.

but he hasnt

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Febreeze posted:

We ruined dabbing in like, a month. Good job america

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/america-gets-dabbing/

Much like everything else, it jumped the shark when old white people started doing it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

but he hasnt

blah blah dress for the job you want something something

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Newton is gonna start doing the Charleston ironically

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm phoneposting, so someone else find that beautiful gif of that Cardinal killing it back in 2012, I think.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The Offensive Conga Line

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Chichevache posted:

I'm phoneposting, so someone else find that beautiful gif of that Cardinal killing it back in 2012, I think.

This one?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JPrime posted:

This one?

Nah. Some white linebacker. Bradham or Bradford or something like that. I have it on my laptop. I'll try and find it tomorrow when I pick it up. It's a great gif.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
so uh. i need a new avatar now. any ideas? i was thinking howie roseman pulling a red wedding on chip kelly.

or something else hilarious, i dunno.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

so uh. i need a new avatar now. any ideas? i was thinking howie roseman pulling a red wedding on chip kelly.

http://i.imgur.com/GWn40K9.gifv

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

axeil posted:

This in a Star Wars intro

axeil posted:

So the more I think about it, the more sure I am that Kelly is not getting fired.

My rationale:

1. Two 10 win seasons.

Say what you will about last year, but usually going 10-6 is enough to get you in the playoffs. The NFC had a strong year last year, so it wasn't enough but I find it hard to fault him for that.

2. Full Control

The entire scouting department, personnel office, etc just changed to be what Chip wants. To fire him now would mean you're now going to have another year of restructuring everything. Even more insane are the idiots in the Philly media who think Lurie should strip Kelly's GM powers. Which would yield the same lack of consistency and cause problems.

3. Carolina/Cincy

Look at what Marvin Lewis and Ron Rivera have done during their career. Lewis had not just one, but two 4 win seasons and now the Bengals are a powerhouse. Similarly, Rivera looked absolutely hopeless back in 2012 but ownership was patient and he's now going to have either a 14 or 15 win season. Knee-jerk firing simply is not a winning strategy in the NFL. For an example of what it does, take a look at the Browns.

4. He Finally Has A QB

Kelly has said the #1 priority in the offseason is signing Sam long-term, which is really exciting. He had a rough start to the year, but once he figured things out, man has he looked good. I think with a full offseason to train and Kelly upgrading the OL and teaching the WRs how to catch, Sam could be something really special. If you can Kelly, who's to say his replacement wouldn't jettison Bradford?

5. Bright Spots

The season sucked as a whole, but there were plenty of glimmers of hope. Look at the game against the Patriots, or the game against the Giants. This team is one that can play well at times, they're just horribly inconsistent. I say you give Kelly another year to coach the players up and give them a chance to stop being so Jekyll and Hyde.

Basically, yes the season was super frustrating for Philly fans. However, that doesn't mean that emotional knee-jerk reactions are going to fix anything. Now if things are as bad or worse next year? Then yeah, maybe you make a change. But firing a coach simply because the media and fans over-hyped the team and were disappointed when their delusions didn't come true is insane.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

axeil posted:

Something possessed me to do this so maybe it can get you started

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Metapod posted:

I ran that through the Star Wars crawl generator and it ended up being way funnier than I expected

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 30, 2015

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That really should be A NEW HOPE. It fits the Eagles situation more than it did Star Wars.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

JPrime posted:

This one?

I believe this dance is called the maximum spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

I don't think I can do the whole thing but this is A Good Idea

Spoeank posted:

Something possessed me to do this so maybe it can get you started

This too

• Locked thread