Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mortimer posted:

To enchant like a pro just soultrap everything and enchant everything you find. Make on use items or enchant some scrolls with paper. Enchanting not being busted until late is a classic TES3 design choice

If I remember right, you're enchanting increases as you use "-on use" enchanted items. So make or find stuff like rings that shoot fireballs and machinegun stuff with that and you'll get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Spek posted:

Haven't played Morrowind in years and decided to try it again and was pretty much immediately turned off by a couple things. Was hoping there are some mods that fix the biggest issues I have.

Are there any mods that make it so the generic dialogue that nearly every NPC gets is put into a sub-menu or the like? Something so I can actually see if there are new/important/quest/NPC specific dialogue options rather than being flooded with dozens and dozens of lore topics.

Is there anything to overhaul enchanting to make it less hit or miss and or add more reasonable growth? In vanilla enchanting it's like you either cant make anything or you buff your int/enchanting into the 500+ range so you can make everything and there's nothing in between. Nothing worthwhile for a lowly enchanter to train on or the like. I'd also love to be able to make weaker constant effect items without needing a grand soul. Making Fortify Athletics 5pts constant effect shouldn't cost the same soul and enchanting skill as an item that makes me regenerate health super fast.

Oh no, I can't figure out if "morrowind lore" is going to lead to a quest so I click it on everyone

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So Melchior Dahrk is having a contest on tumblr where the winner and runner-up can commission mods from him.

Here's the list of his previous stuff. Mostly looks like mesh and texture stuff it looks like he has some scripting experience.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Necroskowitz posted:

So Melchior Dahrk is having a contest on tumblr where the winner and runner-up can commission mods from him.

Here's the list of his previous stuff. Mostly looks like mesh and texture stuff it looks like he has some scripting experience.

Maybe somebody can win and have him do a decent lore-friendly armor and/or weapon mod that isn't either onesie and twosie pieces or a humongous pack with shotgun-spread quality. That's always been something I feel the Morrowind mod community doesn't have a lot of. He wouldn't even have to build most of the stuff, he could just steal borrow the better pieces from other gargantuan packs.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Maybe somebody can win and have him do a decent lore-friendly armor and/or weapon mod that isn't either onesie and twosie pieces or a humongous pack with shotgun-spread quality. That's always been something I feel the Morrowind mod community doesn't have a lot of. He wouldn't even have to build most of the stuff, he could just steal borrow the better pieces from other gargantuan packs.

That's already done, kind of: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-90-703

Malsgrein fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 22, 2015

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Tamriel Rebuilt just released version 1512. Read more about it here.

This also supercedes the Mournhold/Almalexia gate plugin I made, so don't use both at the same time.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I kind of enjoyed the Balmora underground mod. Does anyone have any good recommendations for mods that add dungeons and don't take a steaming dump on the lore/immersion?
Besides, of course, TR which is kind of obvious.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I kind of enjoyed the Balmora underground mod. Does anyone have any good recommendations for mods that add dungeons and don't take a steaming dump on the lore/immersion?
Besides, of course, TR which is kind of obvious.

http://download.fliggerty.com/download-118-504
http://download.fliggerty.com/download-118-505

Neverhalls and its expac are my go-to fungeon (fun-dungeon)

trigger warning: it's Ayleid architecture from Oblivion

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I always read this thread and get that Morrowind urge. Then I get close to reinstalling and remember cliff racers and roughly 15 mods just to make the game playable. I guess with openmw I can go through that and have a much more stable game? I just want to get to Vivec and rob the Telvanni vaults. :shobon:

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

a cow posted:

I always read this thread and get that Morrowind urge. Then I get close to reinstalling and remember cliff racers and roughly 15 mods just to make the game playable. I guess with openmw I can go through that and have a much more stable game? I just want to get to Vivec and rob the Telvanni vaults. :shobon:

Yeah, OpenMW is pretty rock-solid at the moment, and the performance is even better than vanilla Morrowind (at least on my system). You can use most mods with OpenMW currently as well.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

What are the requirements for an mp3 to play in MW?

I want to have Nerevar Surfing in the /explore rotation. Already got some of the extra music packs in there and they work fine. Nerevar Surfing crashes the game.

Looks like mp3 are not required to be set to play with Windows Media Player only, as the music pack tracks play fine.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So, Melchior Dahrk's contest has ended and the winner has made her choice.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 22, 2015

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

axolotl farmer posted:

I want to have Nerevar Surfing in the /explore rotation. Already got some of the extra music packs in there and they work fine. Nerevar Surfing crashes the game.

Looks like mp3 are not required to be set to play with Windows Media Player only, as the music pack tracks play fine.

Holy poo poo that's awesome. I really wanna just grab a ton of various mod packs and see if you can completely recontextualise the whole game so it's completely unlike vanilla Morrowind as possible.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Time for my yearly Morrowind. Anything new get introduced since I last played ( probably around Juneish? ).

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

This thread suggests it has to do with the sample size, I'm pretty sure it's either that or the bitrate. The link in the thread doesn't work but you can adjust both with audacity pretty easily.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Necroskowitz posted:

So, Melchior Dahrk's contest has ended and the winner has made her choice.

I finally got this game like yesterday and I am glad to see I picked the right time to get into Morrowind

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Something I always wanted in Morrowind was a good, solid economy. Money so scarce, it actually means something to have a few drakes to rub together. Reprices items, weapons, and armors, etc. Anybody have any recommendations?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Something I always wanted in Morrowind was a good, solid economy. Money so scarce, it actually means something to have a few drakes to rub together. Reprices items, weapons, and armors, etc. Anybody have any recommendations?

Hotfusions Economy Adjuster with some of BTB's (actual) improvements is what you want

http://btb2.free.fr/files/morrowind_economy.zip

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
drat, OpenMW is slick as hell and surprisingly easy to get up and running. Is there an easy way to get Wrye Mash working on OSX? Or is this something that's Ripe For Disruption?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Hotfusions Economy Adjuster with some of BTB's (actual) improvements is what you want

http://btb2.free.fr/files/morrowind_economy.zip

THanks, dude, that looks exactly what I was wanting.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anyone got suggestions for graphics mods for Morrowind? I've tried MGSO in the past, but even on medium/low settings I can barely reach 60 FPS.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Use MGEXE to generate distant land, set the draw distance to two or three, and set ingame draw distance a bit lower. Configure the mesh and texture options during generation to something like 512/50℅. This will give a nice graphical boost without hurting frame rate much at all. Enable 2x AA in MGEXE if you want, I haven't needed to raise that higher. You can install your favorite textures on top of that but you'll need to regenerate the distand land in MGEXE.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how well do all the mod packs and overhauls in the OP work with the GOG version? There's instructions for Steam and CD installs (though I still do have my Morrowind CDs lying around), but none for GOG. I'm also worried about how nifty things like the Code Patch that directly modify the executable will play with the GOG version's executable. If I've still got my CDs, is the GOG version or CD install preferable for a modern reinstall?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cirosan posted:

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how well do all the mod packs and overhauls in the OP work with the GOG version? There's instructions for Steam and CD installs (though I still do have my Morrowind CDs lying around), but none for GOG. I'm also worried about how nifty things like the Code Patch that directly modify the executable will play with the GOG version's executable. If I've still got my CDs, is the GOG version or CD install preferable for a modern reinstall?

Everything works with the GOG version, no worries. Get GOG for convenience. Or disk if you want t physical copies. Both are the same. GOG includes DLC.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The GOG version does not have a CD check since it doesn't have a CD, so the exe is different. However, the MCP still works apparently.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

The Fliggerty site that hosts many of the mods in the OP is down. Pages for certain mods (like Ulvirith's Legacy) can be found elsewhere, but their download links still point to the Fliggerty site, making the mods unavailable.

Is there anywhere else to find them? The Fliggerty site being down seems like a very recent thing; I remember visiting it a few months ago.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I glanced at the Bethesda forums, apparently it's just temporary, they're moving servers/hosts/whatever.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

I see. Poking around, it looks like they've been down for 3 days or so. Since there's no indication when exactly they'll be back up, would anyone that still has them mind uploading the latest unofficial patch for MGSO and the latest version of Uvirith's Legacy (3.33, I believe) to Mediafire/Dropbox/etc in the meantime? They're the only two mods I'm missing before I can jump back into MW, and I can't find mirrors for them anywhere else.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Genocyber posted:

Anyone got suggestions for graphics mods for Morrowind? I've tried MGSO in the past, but even on medium/low settings I can barely reach 60 FPS.

The shaders in MGSO are absurd for any hardware, I have no idea why they're tuned so high. Turn them off and you'll see a substantial improvement

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 28, 2015

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Cirosan posted:

I see. Poking around, it looks like they've been down for 3 days or so. Since there's no indication when exactly they'll be back up, would anyone that still has them mind uploading the latest unofficial patch for MGSO and the latest version of Uvirith's Legacy (3.33, I believe) to Mediafire/Dropbox/etc in the meantime? They're the only two mods I'm missing before I can jump back into MW, and I can't find mirrors for them anywhere else.

I'm polishing up the next update for UL, and expect to finish it by New Years day. If GHF isn't up by then I'll toss it in my own Dropbox and post a temporary link.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I too would like a link to the unofficial MGSO patch - I assume it updates the contained mods. If not, is there such a thing?

Recent discussion and the improved economy mod got me to install the game and all of MGSO. I then updated MCP and MGE XE. Anything else to update before adding more mods?

Some of these mods look very good: http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html. Are there any other good recommendation sites? Chocolate pack?

I'll install one of GCD or MADD, any opinions on which is better for a full run?

I've finished the game on xbox once, a very long time ago. I'm looking for tweaks to the game that make it more difficult in interesting ways, like that economy mod linked above which is what got me to install the game.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

v1ld posted:

I too would like a link to the unofficial MGSO patch - I assume it updates the contained mods. If not, is there such a thing?

Recent discussion and the improved economy mod got me to install the game and all of MGSO. I then updated MCP and MGE XE. Anything else to update before adding more mods?

Some of these mods look very good: http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html. Are there any other good recommendation sites? Chocolate pack?

I'll install one of GCD or MADD, any opinions on which is better for a full run?

I've finished the game on xbox once, a very long time ago. I'm looking for tweaks to the game that make it more difficult in interesting ways, like that economy mod linked above which is what got me to install the game.

I don't think there's just one good guide anymore, although BTB's is pretty good. BTB's has links to Planet Elder Scrolls which is gone, but fortunately you can find most of the mods on Morrowind Modding History (http://mw.modhistory.com/). A few other pages I've been looking at lately:

- These reddit guides one two
- Morrowind Expanded
- Links from Morrowind Mythic Mods
- As you mentioned, the Chocolate Pack

I've been installing mods piecemeal into OpenMW (using Wrye Mash installers to manage and mlox to sort) and have thought about writing up some sort of STEP-like guide documenting what I'm doing - something like that could be easily augmented with Morrowind Code Patch/MGEXE instructions for stock Morrowind. I can't promise anything though as I'm not really spending a lot of time on it.

I have no opinions on major gameplay changing mods like GCD or MADD as I don't really use them. I prefer to just improve the graphics and fix glaring UI issues, and maybe add in new quests/buildings that don't change the main storyline.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

hannibal posted:

- These reddit guides one two.

There's an updated Reddit list here.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm so excited I fried my computer and had to get a new one so that means BRAND NEW INSTALL. I'm thinking nessecities of morrowind and the horrible painful bwhatshisname mods.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
Great House Fliggerty is up again, and I've uploaded the new version of Uvirith's Legacy. There's also a smaller update version you can download if you already have 3.2 or 3.3.

Edit: updated my mesh replacer as well.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 3, 2016

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Do you have what it takes to save Morrowind or are you just gonna end up waffling?

butt baby
Nov 4, 2009
Yo anyone else ever have the issue with Starfire's NPC Additions all ganging up and punching you in cities? I have no idea how to fix this and I'd rather not disable this mod. I'd be grateful for any help.

I'm using the Chocolate Pack FYI

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

butt baby posted:

Yo anyone else ever have the issue with Starfire's NPC Additions all ganging up and punching you in cities? I have no idea how to fix this and I'd rather not disable this mod. I'd be grateful for any help.

I'm using the Chocolate Pack FYI

Is it every npc from the mod or just a lot of them? One of the features of the mod are hostile npcs in cities, kinda dumb imo. Shouldn't be every one of them attacking you, though.

butt baby
Nov 4, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is it every npc from the mod or just a lot of them? One of the features of the mod are hostile npcs in cities, kinda dumb imo. Shouldn't be every one of them attacking you, though.

This happens in cities mostly in groups of 3-4. Is that normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

OAAB Armor Preview

butt baby posted:

This happens in cities mostly in groups of 3-4. Is that normal?

Are they attacking you at night?

quote:

night time spawns:
fence (60% chance they won't spawn)
vampire outcast (98% chance they won't spawn)
dark brotherhood assassin (94% chance they won't spawn)
morag tong assassin (90% chance they won't spawn)
thief (30% chance they won't spawn)
nightblade (20% chance they won't spawn)
rogue (20% chance they won't spawn)