Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
:69snypa:

vainman posted:

Catching up on RoadFC and

hahahha that is so horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I'm seein' double! Four Nick Diaz's!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
It's like watching a beta fish fight a mirror and have a stroke.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lebanner is apparently being his usual diva self and may not fight the fat guy, aerts may be a replacement :(

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Think that Aoki can actually submit Sakuraba? Because he's certainly not going to KO him.

Or at least I pray that Sakuraba has enough chin to avoid being KOd by Aoki at this point :smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CommonShore posted:

Think that Aoki can actually submit Sakuraba? Because he's certainly not going to KO him.

Or at least I pray that Sakuraba has enough chin to avoid being KOd by Aoki at this point :smith:

In 2 of his last 3 fights Sakuraba was tapped out by Jason Miller & Yan Cabral. Yeah, I think Aoki can submit him.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

:unsmith:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
drat, ear reattachment surgery sure has come a long way.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lebanner is apparently being his usual diva self and may not fight the fat guy, aerts may be a replacement :(

Why do the old K1 guys have such loyalty to showing up as short notice fighters to weirdo Japanese events that may or may not pay them? When Japanese fighters do it you can kinda chalk it up to bushido spirit or whatever but I can't really see the incentive for these guys outside of Yakuza debts.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

if all it took was one guy dying on the mat to make fight camps revise how they do weight cuts, I'd be all about the fight day weigh ins.

what is the worth of a human life? less than eliminating people gaming weightclasses in fake sports for gay aesthetes, apparently

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

Why do the old K1 guys have such loyalty to showing up as short notice fighters to weirdo Japanese events that may or may not pay them? When Japanese fighters do it you can kinda chalk it up to bushido spirit or whatever but I can't really see the incentive for these guys outside of Yakuza debts.

I think in Aerts' case it's because he's a friendly, sociable kind of completely fuckin crazy

Also a Russian channel called Match TV will be airing both events live (starting at 1am EST tonight) if you're so inclined

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I think in Aerts' case it's because he's a friendly, sociable kind of completely fuckin crazy

Also a Russian channel called Match TV will be airing both events live (starting at 1am EST tonight) if you're so inclined

Apparently, RIZIN uses full Pride rules (soccer kicks and stomps), including a 10 min first round followed by two 5 minute rounds. (GP fights are 2 rounds). The WMMA fights are 3x5, the Mix Rules Miyata vs. Watanabe fight will be 2x3, first round K-1, second MMA. Sapp is rematching Akebono under Shootboxing rules.

You can watch using Hola, or another Russian VPN in HD at http://matchtv.ru. Otherwise, alternate link here: http://ok-tv.org/channels/6-match-tv.html.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol good to see japanese promoters keep insisting on different rules for female fights. remember when megumi fujii was the best fighter in the world as long as you only had to fight for 9 minutes and there was no ground and pound allowed and automatic standups after 30 seconds

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

also even though i know he's sub-usa kickboxing heavyweight level, hyun man myung has been beating up fat guys in mma and looks like he might fit in at bellator

the remaining participants in this tournament of dreams are: hong man choi, mighty mo, really fat chinese guy

They announced the next round of the tournament, it's Hong Man Choi vs. Chinese guy and Mighty Mo vs. Hyun Man Myung. Mo was supposed to fight that guy in the first round but they changed it to him beating up Choi Mu Bae for the second straight event, and Hong Man Choi looks so frail now that it's actually pretty sad to see him getting in the ring still.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I assume this is kosher since there's no legal way to watch in the west and it's not a PPV anywhere.

http://taima.tv/r/mma is broadcasting the Rizin show live at 1 AM EDT/ 6 GMT

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol good to see japanese promoters keep insisting on different rules for female fights. remember when megumi fujii was the best fighter in the world as long as you only had to fight for 9 minutes and there was no ground and pound allowed and automatic standups after 30 seconds

My fave story from Japan was when my friend fought Rin Nakai and she was given different rules to her opponent, they made out it was a mistake and that it would be corrected up until the last second when they went whoops sorry we can't change the contract now fight or don't but we won't pay for your flight home if you don't.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mizuki Inoue missed weight for a fight in Deep and the way they punished her was to have the fight go on as planned, and when Inoue won with an armbar they just declared her the loser by DQ instead.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Rizxin Day 1 is Live

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
tuned in to see a japanese man in a loin cloth screaming into a microphone with a large drum in the background. pretty keen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
pride never die

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Takada is in a thong toga beating a giant drum while Sakurana and Aoki face off and the PRIDE theme plays

never die

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I am so mad I have to work in 6 hours and I have to miss the rebirth of PRIDE in all its amazing glory

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
holy poo poo jt's fighting? i thought his knee got hosed up bad in his last bellator fight?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Marching Powder posted:

holy poo poo jt's fighting? i thought his knee got hosed up bad in his last bellator fight?

As a handicap he is fighting TK though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

don't die in front of a tiny japanese audience james (tiny as in venue capacity, not being racist)

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

JT hit the banana yazoo too hard

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
one legged man experiences difficulties in rear end kicking contest

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

acai moonsault posted:

JT hit the banana yazoo too hard

he's in fine shape for this fight. just kidding he looks way worse than usual which is saying something.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

one legged man experiences difficulties in rear end kicking contest

hahaha

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Welcome back JMMA we missed all y'all

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
on the 29th day of christmas my ideological enemy gave to me: a mildly concussed jt :smith:

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
TK just Tko'd a man in 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

on the 29th day of christmas my ideological enemy gave to me: a mildly concussed jt :smith:

:(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is the best worst MMA. Love JMMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
winner of this fight gets a bucket full of baby food and a wikihow guide to using steroids

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I'm so happy I'm watching this.

(PS if Carlos Toyota wins I'm staying up to watch this whole thing.)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Euthyphro posted:

probably for the best

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Euthyphro posted:

Guess ya gotta go to sleep now :(

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Guess ya gotta go to sleep now :(

One more set of boner pill commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
I love that they had to have the requisite Chute Boxe representative at this JMMA event.