Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
thread delivers :keke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I was in a game with a guy yesterday who was complaining that his 60 ping was making him miss shots

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Depths posted:

1920x1080 @ 144hz

800x600 black bars

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I was in a game with a guy yesterday who was complaining that his 60 ping was making him miss shots

Tbf, I always play with 10-20 ping so if I get an unlucky 60 to a distant faceit server it fucks my game up too

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Can someone who's in the Steam group tell me how to join the goonmans? The password in the group description is not correct.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
~60 ping is only slightly perceptible, 80-100 is a little janky, 120 is tough, above 150 pretty terrible. That's the mathematical formula. It is nice to play on 5-10 ping, but honestly I guess it's mostly placebo unless you are actually on LAN with others on the same ping.

Join goonman with "connect sub.io; password lljk" in console. (That's still the IP right?). Goonmans are announced on the group, little notification will pop up if they are not disabled. May as well add "sub.io" to your faves.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
If it means I can start my 50-round P90 burst 0.3ms earlier, then that means I'm pretty much guaranteed one extra kill per year, don't you agree?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Crimson posted:

Can someone who's in the Steam group tell me how to join the goonmans? The password in the group description is not correct.

It's in the thread in PGS.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I should probably re-write the group description someday.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i had a dream last night where mcvey was on my team and he was awping and he died like right after round started trying to get a kill. (at this point i felt like it was a nightmare) but then before he could tell me to use any of my nades, i threw a smoke connector and he said good j- then i woke up.

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 28, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jeza posted:

~60 ping is only slightly perceptible, 80-100 is a little janky, 120 is tough, above 150 pretty terrible. That's the mathematical formula. It is nice to play on 5-10 ping, but honestly I guess it's mostly placebo unless you are actually on LAN with others on the same ping.

Join goonman with "connect sub.io; password lljk" in console. (That's still the IP right?). Goonmans are announced on the group, little notification will pop up if they are not disabled. May as well add "sub.io" to your faves.

I think you euros are real troopers when it comes to ping, I live on the east coast US and I find california servers to be the absolute limit of what I'd be willing to play on (~100 ping). And if I pinged 100 to the goonman server I'm pretty sure I'd only play on it very rarely. Agree that anything under 60 feels pretty much the same, though I remember feeling differently about that in 1.6 than I do in GO. Having a 10 ping in 1.6 felt GREAT in-game.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Only in your dreams would you see me AWPing. If you ever see an AWP in my hands something has gone terribly wrong and you need to stop me before I hurt myself and/or the team.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
There's a distinct difference between playing with 15 and 60 ping you casuals. If you don't flip your poo poo as soon as matchmaking connects you to a 45 ping server you dont take this game seriously enough

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

Join goonman with "connect sub.io; password lljk" in console. (That's still the IP right?).
connect csgo.sub.io

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I know a lot of you seem to goon man exclusively (or faceit/esea/whatever) but for those of you who still play MM: how has your experience changed since the rank update?

I've noticed a massive increase in throwing, poor/no comms and smurfing since the changes to ranks. Curious if any of you have noticed the same.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

I know a lot of you seem to goon man exclusively (or faceit/esea/whatever) but for those of you who still play MM: how has your experience changed since the rank update?
I deranked to MG2 after a few games where I played poorly. The next game I played I won while carrying 29-13. I suppose the shift is working?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I used to be nova 4 but I took a break from the game forever. I just got re-ranked and I am silver elite master. I don't really understand why but that last five games I've played I've won easily and top fragged in all of them.

When will I rank up? I am way under-ranked right now and while I'm not a good cs:go player by any means I am not silver either. I just want to be back in nova and every game I play is kinda fun because of the top fragging but its also kind of boring because of it.

Does the game only assess your rank every 10 games or something?

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
I have somehow stayed LE despite being terrible. Everyone around me has ranked down yet here I fly.

Release date, maps, and coolstuff™ predictions for next operation:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

fennesz posted:

I've noticed a massive increase in throwing, poor/no comms and smurfing since the changes to ranks. Curious if any of you have noticed the same.

I deranked from GNM to GN2 (or even 1 now?) in like four games. Only one of them was even close (at least on the scoreboard), the rest were all utter stomps for one side or the other.

On the other hand, I just got my first competitive ace! :woop:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

mcvey posted:

Only in your dreams would you see me AWPing. If you ever see an AWP in my hands something has gone terribly wrong and you need to stop me before I hurt myself and/or the team.

Yep, mcvey is a well known P90 player.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Flashbang! posted:

You have spent approximately $1,189.02 USD in the game after this card set was released.

Nerd!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

your just bad

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Could have spent that money on something useful, like a spaceship jpeg

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
all my favorites are gone from the server browser :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

I deranked from GNM to GN2 (or even 1 now?) in like four games. Only one of them was even close (at least on the scoreboard), the rest were all utter stomps for one side or the other.

On the other hand, I just got my first competitive ace! :woop:

lol the way they peeked one by one after they knew exactly where you were.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

lol the way they peeked one by one after they knew exactly where you were.

Well yeah what else can you do when you're master guardian two.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Knifegrab posted:

When will I rank up? I am way under-ranked right now and while I'm not a good cs:go player by any means I am not silver either.

lol

Valve recently redistributed the ranks so that it is always a bell curve centered on Gold Nova 4, because previously it was extremely skewed towards the higher end of ranks. Most likely your actual rank number didn't change, just the icon associated with your number. So congratulations you are now a Silver.

e: basically silver used to mean you were in the bottom 3-5% of csgo players, but now it's more like the bottom 10-15% of csgo players

astr0man fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 29, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
i still have three global elite accounts so tbh at this point i'm just waiting for NiP to announce me as their fifth

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

astr0man posted:

lol

Valve recently redistributed the ranks so that it is always a bell curve centered on Gold Nova 4, because previously it was extremely skewed towards the higher end of ranks. Most likely your actual rank number didn't change, just the icon associated with your number. So congratulations you are now a Silver.

e: basically silver used to mean you were in the bottom 3-5% of csgo players, but now it's more like the bottom 10-15% of csgo players

I went from DMG to MG1 but I am owning every match like 30-10 and not even trying like I'm buying lovely SMGs and shotguns and jump-spraying every time so I don't have a loving clue what happened to the ranking system, I mean It's like I'm an eagle vs playing Nova 1's but everyone is MG1 and I'm still terrible at this game and can't even eco correctly because why the gently caress would I eco like a loving scrub when you can buy a shotgun armor for like $2200 which mean I can buy every round off my sikkkkkkk $900 kill reward which I get cause I rekk scrubs with my *breathes* jumping xm1014 spraydown every loving round while spamming f which is my your just bad bind key because its close to d which means I can hit that poo poo pronto as soon as I get a kill and it's also below r so I can mash the gap between those two buttons when I want to both to reload and tell the scrub that I rekked all about their bad.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

i still have three global elite accounts so tbh at this point i'm just waiting for NiP to announce me as their fifth

But do you have bad facial hair or a funny accent? This is important.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
He has 3 csgo accoubts. He was born witj a lovely goatee

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

ive seen people posting men jacking off there penis

this isnt gay

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

astr0man posted:

lol

I

kind

of

doubt

it

Now to be fair this is only 5 out of my 6 matches since getting re-ranked as silver. I don't doubt what you say, but it still definitely put me too low.

edit: thx

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 29, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
All of your pictures are broken so i added .jpg to all of them

quote:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The only answer is that you'll rank up eventually if you keep winning. If you've taken 5 out of your last 6 games I think it should be very soon. Valve may adjust it again in the near future but I doubt it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
does this guy have any idea how deep the trench is?~?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

exethan posted:

The only answer is that you'll rank up eventually if you keep winning. If you've taken 5 out of your last 6 games I think it should be very soon. Valve may adjust it again in the near future but I doubt it.

I guess I am more curious how it works. DOes it assess every match or once every 10? I want to know because I am a true sperg :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Knifegrab posted:

I

kind

of

doubt

it

Now to be fair this is only 5 out of my 6 matches since getting re-ranked as silver. I don't doubt what you say, but it still definitely put me too low.

edit: thx
I'm kind of amused that you got Jimmy and FOKKERR in two consecutive games and FOKKERR bottomfragged both times.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

symbolic posted:

I'm kind of amused that you got Jimmy and FOKKERR in two consecutive games and FOKKERR bottomfragged both times.

Its a living hell. I mean I am bad. But this... this is something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

I guess I am more curious how it works. DOes it assess every match or once every 10? I want to know because I am a true sperg :(

Every match. Other than that I don't know much. I think that if you lose 16-14 it's a smaller hit on your rating than if you were to lose 16-4 or 16-0 or whatever. I think valve should let people see what the number is but it's probably a good idea for them to keep it a secret.

• Locked thread