Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I 0nce Went fiShing wiTh a guy oN Plaskett's star, and He Said "the collapse" is a REAL thing and He LivEd through it. I waNt a ToUr of Bungie HQ. STARDUST would be a Hunter class....

My in-ring StYle is Run & GuN...and I'm sooooooooooo agiLe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I 0nce Went fiShing wiTh a guy oN Plaskett's star, and He Said "the collapse" is a REAL thing and He LivEd through it. I waNt a ToUr of Bungie HQ. STARDUST would be a Hunter class....

My in-ring StYle is Run & GuN...and I'm sooooooooooo agiLe.

Ummmm DUCKTALES anyboDy??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope people with twitters are tweeting about Zeldathon to stardust.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Ummmm DUCKTALES anyboDy??

Stardust traveled light years across the cosmos to let the naive citizens of earth know that Kickstarter is some real bullshit, except for Shovel Knight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't wanna get spoiled on Witcher but I also don't think anyone on the bombcast got more than halfway through it so the gotycast might be safe?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

they only talk about the ugly armor in this episode so you are good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Alex would have a clockwork orange poster framed lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
never seen one of these before. what do i want, the video the podcast or the article? the video is like 14 minutes it seems

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The videos are the things I watch just because Vinny usually does something funny.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

ArfJason posted:

never seen one of these before. what do i want, the video the podcast or the article? the video is like 14 minutes it seems

none of it, its all poo poo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Funky Britches posted:

none of it, its all poo poo

uhhhh i thought these were suposed to be good
dont tell me theyre actually poo poo??

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

giant bomb goty 2012

giant bomb goty 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm good enough just hearing about how Brad threw a tremendous, epic tantrum about the games but, I don't give a flying rat's rear end about the things these people like apart from that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But, last year Vinny made a film about him trying to live in the woods behind his house, which was some win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm good enough just hearing about how Brad threw a tremendous, epic tantrum about the games but, I don't give a flying rat's rear end about the things these people like apart from that.

I'm assuming Fridaybwill be 4 hours of this as Brad tries to get Destiny into the 2015 top 10 list

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres 2 separate games today where they get compared to raids and brad perks up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

theres 2 separate games today where they get compared to raids and brad perks up

lol yeah

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ArfJason posted:

uhhhh i thought these were suposed to be good
dont tell me theyre actually poo poo??

i dont think these video bits are as good as years past, but also they dont have a studio at all

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeffs old hoarders bit was cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mp5 posted:

Jeffs old hoarders bit was cool

id like to see new tours of his place

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

RIP Ryan Davis

Dr. Scheme
Apr 28, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

Alex would have a clockwork orange poster framed lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

out of all the lists so far, including a girl working for the Gone Home studio and Patrick loving Klepek, the only person with Undertale in their top 10 list so far is Dan Ryckert

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Undertale is too mainstream bruh

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

jesus, the day 1 video is such a stinker, holy cow

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

The skits are bad, but I like the clip they chose for the Destiny award.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

whoa

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's hosed up that Brad is going to filibuster some stupid bullshit onto the top ten list, but only one guy on the staff can even stand to play Monster Hunter long enough to form a coherent opinion about it.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[GOTY] Shovel Knight:
  • Did not win Best OST
  • Did not win Best Debut
Games they will gladly argue 40 minutes over:
  • Destiny
  • Titanfall
  • Dota 2

Remind me again why I listen to this AIDS rubbish??

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I always think given their profession it's probably really hard to play a single game for an extended period of time, especially this year, but they always seem have time to play multiple lovely wRPGs but never give epic jRPGs the time of day. Nobody at GB has ever seemed to be into jRPGs in general and that's okay, it just sucks when nobody ever brings up SMT4 or Ni no Kuni or Monster Hunter outside of a short mention -- if that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the worst part about that was when Jeff called Shovel Knight "nothing special" then continues to champion Axiom Verge lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the worst part about that was when Jeff called Shovel Knight "nothing special" then continues to champion Axiom Verge lol

Nah the worst part was where he said Mario Kart was the eighth one so who cares and then had the new call of duty as his personal #1.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ugh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jeff can't like a game unless it's badass

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh what do people not like about Axiom Verge. I thought for sure it would end up a Forum Darling but I never bothered to follow any of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Oh what do people not like about Axiom Verge. I thought for sure it would end up a Forum Darling but I never bothered to follow any of it.

I was really excited for (OP of the launch day thread) and it turned out to be a stinking pile of doodoo and nobody ever played it. The only game this year that I played and didn't like.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I've never played it, and it's probably perfectly fine, TBH. I was just pointing out Jeff's Badassery fueled hypocrisy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its a metroidvania thats really slow and instead of pickups being stuff like more missiles or a health pack, they're multiroom rear end kicking puzzles that give you 1/6th of a health container.