Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

For new players, here are my levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/wxrmskull and you can probably find other people's levels whom haven't linked their thing yet, and if the OP has any nuts he'll edit people's things into the OP.

Good idea, I'll catalogue it once I'm home on my big boy compy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
my level https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/0032-0000-013C-8F10

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

No Such Thing posted:

Well, finally got this for christmas and made my first course.

19CA-0000-0138-C359

wanted to see if i could make a level with just goombas and no pitfalls.

You'll probably get more people to try it if you post the Bookmark link. Now that those are available typing in the course ID seems like too much work.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Caithness posted:

You'll probably get more people to try it if you post the Bookmark link. Now that those are available typing in the course ID seems like too much work.

k.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Manhammerer

I've actually resoved to do the whole 'stuff is gradually released to use thing' so I can familiarize myself with the tools.

Course this means my courses are a little one-note right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This g0m guy just went on all my levels and took about 90% of each one's clock time to beat them and flamed them all on the miiverse for being to easy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

This g0m guy just went on all my levels and took about 90% of each one's clock time to beat them and flamed them all on the miiverse for being to easy.

blessed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Ruthless

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off makes good levels, even if im not the biggest fan of pixel perfect jumps.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I got the world record times on all those levels pal

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I did not bea tthe level, "Pits", although to clarify it was very easy and I could have beaten it but unfortunately just as I started it I realized I was late for three gym appointments simultaneously

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

no they will not posted:

I did not bea tthe level, "Pits", although to clarify it was very easy and I could have beaten it but unfortunately just as I started it I realized I was late for three gym appointments simultaneously

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

that sounds like poor planning on your part

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to give up on the extreme on rails thing probably since I hate spin jumping this much and manipulating the magikoopa in the beginning is way too unreliable to keep going forward.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I'm going to give up on the extreme on rails thing probably since I hate spin jumping this much and manipulating the magikoopa in the beginning is way too unreliable to keep going forward.

sorry you feel this way friend, its good you quit because the final section of the level is slightly magikoopa heavy.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the king of twenty has returned from his holiday to reclaim the title

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also had heaps of fun on frolic with big muncher. it was a struggle but i managed to beat goms time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

People should try and compete on the other twenty courses, they're good too.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super Mario Maker is the best thing I've played since I was a little kid it makes me so happy. I'm not good at making levels but I'm having fun all the time learning!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

People should try and compete on the other twenty courses, they're good too.

i have the record for all of them except twenty u because i dont play nsmb courses

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My best time is something like 11-12 seconds on Frolic with Big Muncher.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't seen whatever the latest record on it is yet though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

sorry you feel this way friend, its good you quit because the final section of the level is slightly magikoopa heavy.

Once I figured out how to jump to be able to make the magikoopa shoot down all the time I got to that part so yea, I quit.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I haven't seen whatever the latest record on it is yet though.

i set 13.700 but it wasn't a very good run

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i have the record for all of them except twenty u because i dont play nsmb courses

I was going to play xenoblade chronicles x, but...

*boots up super mario maker*

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

New Twenty WR: 12.397. Try and beat that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish I remembered what the fast thing I was going for in Twenty was. I only remember Super Twenty World's at this point.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I had 8 seconds or so left on the timer when I was testing it though so you all probably found it anyway.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

New Twenty WR: 12.397. Try and beat that.

already have lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

already have lol

What was your time? I still see mine in game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just got it to 12.257 since im gunning for 11 seconds now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to stop at 12.174 since im starting to get pretty drunk and my gamepad is running out of battery lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

behold

:cheers:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

congrats i'll work on beating it tomorrow :cheerdoge:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

which path are you taking now? i've been mostly using the run through the springs or under the springs method but my last runs were bouncing on the koopas just to change things up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I went higher than mario's ever gone before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario maker is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks to the bookmark tool I now have a backlog of a bunch of courses so I can boot up and play 4 or 5 of em every day after work. I can't believe how seamless and handy that is

• Locked thread