Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
On the other hand, shagability is a pretty great word. Rolls off the tongue very nicely.

Idol groups and the cults surrounding them are fascinating in a morbid way though. It's like you take a somewhat western phenomenon and crank it to 10. Same with those people who shut themselves in their room for half a year. It's the western loner nerd but, again, cranked way the gently caress up.

Or maybe I just surround myself with too normal people and don't meet the western versions of these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Foxhound posted:

On the other hand, shagability is a pretty great word. Rolls off the tongue very nicely.

Idol groups and the cults surrounding them are fascinating in a morbid way though. It's like you take a somewhat western phenomenon and crank it to 10. Same with those people who shut themselves in their room for half a year. It's the western loner nerd but, again, cranked way the gently caress up.

Or maybe I just surround myself with too normal people and don't meet the western versions of these people.

I'm loathe to out myself as knowing some pretty awful people again, but I know some people like that. One of them was actually pretty sad and not creepy but the details are sort of a bummer so I will leave that for another time.

I have no questions.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

It's like a Bizarro-world insufferable tumblr intro.

Only with worse font choices.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Since there isn't a tumblr thread anymore, I can parcel out the awkward in other threads.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What ever happened to the Tumblr thread anyway?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
http://wtop.com/maryland/2015/12/un...tm_content=link
A 29 year old guy knocks his 5 year old nephew into a wall because the child played with his Pokemon cards. :smith:

Yeah, he looks just like you think he would. :911:

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Dec 29, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Of course it's maryland.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Scathach posted:

A few reasons, but I think the issue is that the tumblr thread was in GBS where anything that resembles effortposting is verboten.

e: I think it kind of falls under the AUG/IoSM category anyway, and also, tumblr can get really, really exhausting besides that.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Dec 29, 2015

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Scathach posted:

for some reason Goons are real interested in defending tumblr.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

bossy lady posted:

Final Fatassy

Oh, sure, now you think it's funny.

<:mad:>

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A 29 year old guy knocks his 5 year old nephew into a wall because the child played with his Pokemon cards. :smith:

He looks legitimately :saddowns:. I hope if that's the case he gets some help because if he's able to slam children into a wall then clearly nobody's being particularly responsible for him.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I want to make a Marine Le Pen joke, but it's not coming to me.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Why the French flag look for this?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

cash crab posted:

A few reasons, but I think the issue is that the tumblr thread was in GBS where anything that resembles effortposting is verboten.

e: I think it kind of falls under the AUG/IoSM category anyway, and also, tumblr can get really, really exhausting besides that.

It can be pretty well summed up as "what always happens happened."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

You do not gently caress with a mans chrome Blastiod.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Scathach posted:

Got shitposted into oblivion multiple times by concern trolls who were suspiciously defensive of tumblr.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Paging Lady Naga

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

oldpainless posted:

Of course it's maryland.

Wait, Maryland moved to Florida?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

U.T. Raptor posted:

Got shitposted into oblivion multiple times by concern trolls who were suspiciously defensive of tumblr.

Nah, it was more derails like this where people won't shut the gently caress up and post some actual content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onyFMJJ6ji8

This video is this (ever-repeating)conversation in a nutshell

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Ah yes, because a woman's main concern is her "shagability." BARF

No dude, she's posing half naked showing her rear end in a "sexy" pose because she's advertising her PhD. Jesus, the woman is doing the equivalent of sending dick pics, she is thinking about loving.
He wasn't talking about women, he was referring to a single one, don't start a crusade over it.

Edit. For clarity, we're talking about the weeabo lady, right?

Edit 2. For content, in reference to that collar post. It's really AUG when people can't keep their fetishes private and need to involve the rest.

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Dec 29, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Non Serviam posted:

Edit 2. For content, in reference to that collar post. It's really AUG when people can't keep their fetishes private and need to involve the rest.

In this version of the AUG thread, have we talked about that couple at the mall yet?

You know the one. There was a leash.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cash crab posted:

Since there isn't a tumblr thread anymore, I can parcel out the awkward in other threads.

In a fit of self-preservation, I thought they meant a collard shirt.

Like, it was a big deal that they were dressing like an adult.

Also that's stdh.txt

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

This makes me feel ill.

You think of all relevant pictures and examples first and then stealthily post them in plain links so everyone here ends up going ":v: HEY GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING oh wait poo poo". It's funny.

Oh good. I was worried I was being a detriment to the thread! I plain text the image because way back when I first started here I posted a img link in a thread that was NSFW, even though I tagged it so, it was showing up. So no more that.

5er posted:

I bet that "turtle" pudgebucket that posts the awful mccafe, 'le' this 'le' that, images would eat this up. But odds are this guy's one of those 'nice guy' unfuckable heaps that keeps trying to play out of his court.

There is an idea of a girls like awkward guys, and I guess there is a cuteness to it, but in a Scott Pilgrim kind of way. You know, you're actually attractive and kind of cool, but are a bit of a goof. That's the part they haven't worked out. Plus a lot of these guys if they just cleaned themselves up, not spend every second of every day thinking and talking about games or anime, and talked with women like they're people they may have some success. Sadly, to these guys, they think they don't have to change, that its everyone else that has the problem.

Scathach posted:

Oh dear lord, the combination Naruto headband and Fedora, its an unholy merging of nerd headgear.

I have been working PT at my local comic store, mostly on sunday, and in the mornings we have Pokemon. We are strict about the ages we let in. Basically, 12 is the oldest we'll permit, unless they are an older sibling of someone else playing, as there is a 16 year old girl who comes in every once and a while with her 2 younger brothers. Though over all its for kids. We did have a guy in his 20s ask if he could come in and we were very much "no, its for little kids" and he was visibly upset. Sorry dude, we are not going to have to explain to the moms and dads that come with their kids why some greasy guy is there with their kids.

JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress???????
:NSFW::gonk::nms:
http://i.imgur.com/LN6lH1A.jpg

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

cash crab posted:

In this version of the AUG thread, have we talked about that couple at the mall yet?

Not that I recall. Please go ahead Mr. Racoon

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Non Serviam posted:

Not that I recall. Please go ahead Mr. Racoon

Yessir! :v:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-couple-explian-bdsm-puppy-play-lifestyle-article-1.2233993

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

Ooh that reminds me of something I used to see at Anime North a lot. There would always be these couples, and they'd be the same, tall, lanky greasy dude with those baggy goth pants and metal shirts, lead around on a leash by their short fat girlfriends who wore tiny plaid kilts and had YAOI written over every object they carried. They are also generally responsible for the yaoi paddle incidents that lead to their banning. For those who are blissfully ignorant, yaoi paddle are paddles with yaoi printed on them. Not sure what the point was, but they instantly were a hit and they began to be used as paddles are often used for, smacking butts. Both willing and unwilling butts. It was not uncommon for guys who are talking to get smacked and then followed by a demand for the guys to kiss or something. So ya, harassment straight up. They were banned very quickly, to which a number of yaoi fans whined about, but the Cosplay Not Consent people got involved and told them it was straight up harassment. The weirdest comment I saw was one girl say "it's not harassment when its boys!".

This is upsetting, I can't gis up any creepy yaoi fangirl pictures. I do find a bunch of people being really defensive about the subject though. And they make a lot of memes about how awesome they are. Oh and they totally fetishize actual gay men.

A few friends of mine in the fetish community have told me there are people in it that demand the right to wear fetish gear in public, to work. That their RIGHTS are being trampled upon because they can't wear the PVC body suit to their accounting job. What a loving selfish attitude.

Oh well, there's always NAZI COSPLAYERS
http://i.imgur.com/dh4fgGJ.jpg

No, never alright. I have personally told someone who was cosplaying that mouse thing from Helsing to remove their armband. They said "But its part of the costume!!!" and I said "and its a symbol of the extermination of millions of people. I don't care if its part of the costume, get rid of it or I'm having your badge taken away". I didn't get the whole SJW accusation, but it was close. Though another cosplayer whipped out their sewing kit and gave the mouse thing that thread cutter thing and removed the offending sun wheel from the arm band.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Dec 29, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

Ooh that reminds me of something I used to see at Anime North a lot. There would always be these couples, and they'd be the same, tall, lanky greasy dude with those baggy goth pants and metal shirts, lead around on a leash by their short fat girlfriends who wore tiny plaid kilts and had YAOI written over every object they carried. They are also generally responsible for the yaoi paddle incidents that lead to their banning. For those who are blissfully ignorant, yaoi paddle are paddles with yaoi printed on them. Not sure what the point was, but they instantly were a hit and they began to be used as paddles are often used for, smacking butts. Both willing and unwilling butts. It was not uncommon for guys who are talking to get smacked and then followed by a demand for the guys to kiss or something. So ya, harassment straight up. They were banned very quickly, to which a number of yaoi fans whined about, but the Cosplay Not Consent people got involved and told them it was straight up harassment. The weirdest comment I saw was one girl say "it's not harassment when its boys!".

This is upsetting, I can't gis up any creepy yaoi fangirl pictures. I do find a bunch of people being really defensive about the subject though. And they make a lot of memes about how awesome they are. Oh and they totally fetishize actual gay men.

:cripes: I am so upset that I know what kind of people you're talking about.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

All I've got

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

etc&

quote:

Nathan Riely and his fiancée, who prefers the name "Xena, Nathan's puppy," say

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Postal Parcel posted:

Nah, it was more derails like this where people won't shut the gently caress up and post some actual content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onyFMJJ6ji8

This video is this (ever-repeating)conversation in a nutshell

I'm really impressed there is an anime fan who feels confortable pissing in the presence of others.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Postal Parcel posted:

All I've got

Yea, saw that one. Outside of the room, that girl looks pretty normal.

Okay, this is something maybe ladies can answer, but whats up with women who have bruises all over their legs? I can only assume that its something to do with shaving, or maybe its just more noticeable on women because they shave their legs and guy's hair covers it up.

And they can't be sex bruises unless there's some way of having sex that involves the lower leg, or outer thigh.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, this is something maybe ladies can answer, but whats up with women who have bruises all over their legs? I can only assume that its something to do with shaving, or maybe its just more noticeable on women because they shave their legs and guy's hair covers it up.

And they can't be sex bruises unless there's some way of having sex that involves the lower leg, or outer thigh.

The bruises are probably more noticeable because of shaving. I always have random bruises all over my legs especially in the summer when I'm outside a lot more often.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cosima posted:

The bruises are probably more noticeable because of shaving. I always have random bruises all over my legs especially in the summer when I'm outside a lot more often.

That's what I figured. I just noticed a lot of AUG girls seem to be covered in bruises a lot.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

As a Lady™ I can assure you that shaving your legs doesn't result in bruising (unless you are hammering your legs with the razor). People who develop bruising easily usually have lovely diets, either qualitatively or quantitatively and not to be a bummer, but a lot of women have really hosed up relationships with food and either eat too little, or eat lovely food, or eat very small amounts of lovely food. They bruise like peaches because they're essentially dying. Source: I know a lot of women, and they share with me their hosed up daily menus such as "I eat some Skittles for breakfast so I don't pass out" and "I eat so I can forget my earthly traumas and now I breathe funny".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My legs are consistently bruised because I have depth perception problems thanks to my glasses so I'm constantly walking into things and tripping over poo poo.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

My legs are consistently bruised because I have depth perception problems thanks to my glasses so I'm constantly walking into things and tripping over poo poo.

#ActualLadyProblems

(I also constantly bump into things because bad eyes)

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
My gf is covered in bruises all the time. Apparently she has a mild clotting disorder. She barely has to bump a coffee table to develop a huge angry bruise that lasts a week.

This caused no small degree of panic in her mother, who regularly had to bring her to pediatrician appointments with three or four visible bruises.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

As a Lady™ I can assure you that shaving your legs doesn't result in bruising (unless you are hammering your legs with the razor). People who develop bruising easily usually have lovely diets, either qualitatively or quantitatively and not to be a bummer, but a lot of women have really hosed up relationships with food and either eat too little, or eat lovely food, or eat very small amounts of lovely food. They bruise like peaches because they're essentially dying. Source: I know a lot of women, and they share with me their hosed up daily menus such as "I eat some Skittles for breakfast so I don't pass out" and "I eat so I can forget my earthly traumas and now I breathe funny".

Jesus christ, that's just depressing, but I can believe it. I guess that would also explain why its so common among AUG women, because they're really hosed up lifestyles.

Picnic Princess posted:

That's really sad to hear :(

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mildly Amusing posted:

Birthrates are down all over the place. Japan is getting the worst of it (supposedly if the trend keeps up Japan's population will halve within the century) but people everywhere are giving up on making babies presumably as a result of discovering the magic of "waifus."
Yea I know birth rates are down in most countries but something about japan always makes me remember the mouse utopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

twistedmentat posted:

Sport? That's my excuse anyway.

• Locked thread