Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Not knowing what the ending is, my hope is that humanity finds the lifehold and everybody in there are 300 lb monstrosities and the whole point of NLA was to recreate a real life Second Life, minus the furry horse dick shops.

the ending is the same as Xenosaga 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

the ending is the same as Xenosaga 3

I quit half way through 1 and never played 2 and 3 because that series was poo poo.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Half the stuff in the thread where people are talking about the plot yet haven't finished the game, the universal answer is just "they answer that question further along"
I really don't want to say poo poo about the end game story reveals because I know everybody peeks under spoiler tags out of curiosity.

So, Does anyone know what the base stripped down stats are on the Formula Zero, Urban Lincoln, and Verus Cain's frames are?
I wanted to try making a crazy evasion setup so I'm trying to figure out which of those three have the highest base evasion and if any has evasion+ on it's armor set.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

a cartoon duck posted:

Seems like the google doc in the OP lists the collectopedia entries in game order and has everything translated by now, so use that?

Because you ended in ? I heard this entirely in a manon voice.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Zombie Defiler posted:

So, Does anyone know what the base stripped down stats are on the Formula Zero, Urban Lincoln, and Verus Cain's frames are?
I wanted to try making a crazy evasion setup so I'm trying to figure out which of those three have the highest base evasion and if any has evasion+ on it's armor set.

The base stats for the Verus Cain are
17500 Health; 10560 Fuel
350 Ranged Accuracy; 365 Melee Accuracy
360 Ranged Attack; 433 Melee Attack
98 Evasion; 680 Potential

And each body piece has SpecUp.Eva XIV, SpecUp.M.Atk XIV, and SpecUp.Fuel-Max XI.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Louisgod posted:

Not knowing what the ending is, my hope is that humanity finds the lifehold and everybody in there are 300 lb monstrosities and the whole point of NLA was to recreate a real life Second Life, minus the furry horse dick shops.
There's a lot of flavor text about how building your mim is like a MMO character creation, like guys saying they purposefully kept their scars cause they look cool, and that 200 lb mechanic in a lithe anime body.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Alard posted:

The base stats for the Verus Cain are
17500 Health; 10560 Fuel
350 Ranged Accuracy; 365 Melee Accuracy
360 Ranged Attack; 433 Melee Attack
98 Evasion; 680 Potential

And each body piece has SpecUp.Eva XIV, SpecUp.M.Atk XIV, and SpecUp.Fuel-Max XI.

Formula Zero has
17000 HP, 10560 Fuel, 3000 GP
360 Ranged acc, 350 Melee acc
381 Ranged Atk, 387 Melee Atk
100 Evasion, 650 Potential

Each armor piece has SpecUp.EVA XIV , SpecUp.M-ACC XIV, SpecUp.R-ACC XIV

e: I'm fiddling around with Evade, and it feels like maybe if I wanted to be king poo poo of ninja mountain I'd need 900+ evade.

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 28, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The one thing that would have been of use for the in games maps would be the collectipedia maps that the guide has which shows the sections where the specific drops spawn.

So far none of the collection quests have been as bad as the first xenoblade's quests. And I'm almost done with all the board quests, 3 out of 5 sections are giving me 100% repeats.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus my first online mission. First part went well then the game said go kill a milesaur, we're all 8 levels higher so this shouldn't be hard. Didn't even get it to half health before it stomped us. Looks like I need to get my Skell license before attempting anymore online missions. :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

The one thing that would have been of use for the in games maps would be the collectipedia maps that the guide has which shows the sections where the specific drops spawn.

So far none of the collection quests have been as bad as the first xenoblade's quests. And I'm almost done with all the board quests, 3 out of 5 sections are giving me 100% repeats.

The gamepad map really should have offered more information.

Honestly a lot of X's problems would be resolved with "here is a thing that tells you where a thing is."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

The gamepad map really should have offered more information.

Honestly a lot of X's problems would be resolved with "here is a thing that tells you where a thing is."

Yeah the maps for what they are, are pretty sparcly marked, and I had to rely on the guide book to find all the hidden locations. Not only that but if you're in a cave you cannot get a full map of said cave. The only item I had trouble finding was The Lava Fox and that's because the Ganglion cave that it spawns in is spread across two random drop zones, so you have to go to the back of the cave to find a spawn point(it's around the area where you rescue Mia in Cauldros, that same quest is also the only way to get access to the discovery box that's locked in the trailer where she's hiding).

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't even attempt gathering quests from the board. Every now and then I just filter for them, hit ZR to look at the objective, and grab the ones I've already incidentally completed. The whole concept of collectibles is handled ridiculously in this game, and there is literally no point wasting time on a gathering objective unless it's part of an important questline.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't even attempt gathering quests from the board. Every now and then I just filter for them, hit ZR to look at the objective, and grab the ones I've already incidentally completed. The whole concept of collectibles is handled ridiculously in this game, and there is literally no point wasting time on a gathering objective unless it's part of an important questline.

The Gathering quests I've completed have all been inadvertent.

it's real easy to do most of them this way, I just have a few in Cauldros left.

If it's grab a specific part of an animal and not a spawn, I just use tickets.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Is there a hidden requirement to open up the special quests to get field skills up to level 5? I have mechanical sitting at 4 but still have no quest to increase it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Gathering quests I've completed have all been inadvertent.

it's real easy to do most of them this way, I just have a few in Cauldros left.

If it's grab a specific part of an animal and not a spawn, I just use tickets.

This is an exact description of how I play, yeah. If I need a part and it's a drop I will just ticket the fucker.

BitterAvatar posted:

Is there a hidden requirement to open up the special quests to get field skills up to level 5? I have mechanical sitting at 4 but still have no quest to increase it.

The quest should just be on the board once you hit 4, it has a bunch of dumb riddles and is titled Off The Record.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's three Off The Record Quests, and they're all titled Off the Record.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

ImpAtom posted:

The quest should just be on the board once you hit 4, it has a bunch of dumb riddles and is titled Off The Record.

Yeah I knew what the title of the quest was, but so far I don't have it showing up on the board. Not sure why.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BitterAvatar posted:

Yeah I knew what the title of the quest was, but so far I don't have it showing up on the board. Not sure why.
I either got lucky on the last two, or it should always show up the first time you use the board after getting level 4. Otherwise keep refreshing the board over and over till you happen to get it.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, in doing some recruitment quests between chapters 4 and 5 I had an extremely Xenoblade Moment: during the alien fight at the end of Phog's mission I was doing pretty well, preparing to fart out an aura boosted second cooldown Beam Barrage to melt that mech, when I noticed my guys were dying. I quickly realized why when my target switched to the level 56 giant frog tyrant who had decided that Yelv looked tasty and wandered over to taste him. My rational response was to run like a chicken since that was way to much for me.

I think I've been leveling up a little slowly, since I spend more time running screaming through hexes I have no business being in to plant probes everywhere, despite being a Curator. I've spent several fruitless hours trying to get to that one spot directly north of Starfall Basin which is guarded by the Border Guard of two level 31 Grexes, partly because I thought Oblivia and Noctium were going to be way higher level than they were.

E: Oh, and within around 20 minutes of this I was trying to enter Oblivia from the entrance and get down a path I hadn't gone down yet, jumping at random as per usual. Apparently I jumped high enough that a bird perched way up above saw me, so it decided to slaughter my level 20 rear end with it's level 30 beak.

Any more general tips from you more experienced goons? I've pumped my Blade levels into mechanical to level 4 so I could probe everything, what should I pump next? Any particular Arts/weapons/party members/missions to look out for?

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 29, 2015

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Those grexes' field of vision points towards each other, so I was able to sneak past them by jumping to the left side of the one on the left. Yes - over the cliff, to just behind the grex. Enjoy your new probe location, assuming the honkbirds on the other side don't kill you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ashsaber posted:

So, in doing some recruitment quests between chapters 4 and 5 I had an extremely Xenoblade Moment: during the alien fight at the end of Phog's mission I was doing pretty well, preparing to fart out an aura boosted second cooldown Beam Barrage to melt that mech, when I noticed my guys were dying. I quickly realized why when my target switched to the level 56 giant frog tyrant who had decided that Yelv looked tasty and wandered over to taste him. My rational response was to run like a chicken since that was way to much for me.

I think I've been leveling up a little slowly, since I spend more time running screaming through hexes I have no business being in to plant probes everywhere, despite being a Curator. I've spent several fruitless hours trying to get to that one spot directly north of Starfall Basin which is guarded by the Border Guard of two level 31 Grexes, partly because I thought Oblivia and Noctium were going to be way higher level than they were.

Any more general tips from you more experienced goons? I've pumped my Blade levels into mechanical to level 4 so I could probe everything, what should I pump next? Any particular Arts/weapons/party members/missions to look out for?

Never underestimate where you can go . Any rocky outcropping or slanted mountains are good to jump on and can get you to a lot of places while avoiding high level enemies especially in Oblivia.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The best times I've had with this game is jumping on mountains or cliffs that seem like they're impossible to climb, somehow managing to get up them and finding a truly awe inspiring view of part of the world. It's the main reason I kinda don't want a skell.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

The best times I've had with this game is jumping on mountains or cliffs that seem like they're impossible to climb, somehow managing to get up them and finding a truly awe inspiring view of part of the world. It's the main reason I kinda don't want a skell.

You have no idea just how well the exploration scales.

Exploring in a skell is just as good as exploring on foot. Skells and their ability to fly does not reduce the sense of exploration, because just when you think you've seen everything, the flight pack gives you more poo poo to explore.

Like in order to reach the top of the mountains in Sylv you need a skell and then you are greeted with lush greenery and shallow waterholes where magical deer and unicorns graze.

That and Cauldros has a ton of caves that you can only explore on foot but you need a flight pack to reach. As well as Oblivia and it's floating islands.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 29, 2015

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ You don't need a flight pack to get up there, you can just walk along the path on the south side.

Really glad the game let's me hear an enthusiastic "Nopopon!" on demand.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Zombie Defiler posted:

Half the stuff in the thread where people are talking about the plot yet haven't finished the game, the universal answer is just "they answer that question further along"
I really don't want to say poo poo about the end game story reveals because I know everybody peeks under spoiler tags out of curiosity.

Did we play the same game? The only two questions that were answered were the motivation of the Ganglion and the nature of the mims, and even then the second one was undone with a post-credits "psyche! It is a mystery/sequel hook"

What's the deal with Mira? Why does it translate all languages and give robots souls? Why does it prevent space/time travel? Is there more to the native Mirans than "they made a bunch of cool ruins and blew themselves up"?

Was there any character motivation for Octomom/Squid Kid/Jabba other than "kill all humans"? Why have three different characters if they all do the same thing?

What was The Great One/The Vita? Why was it in Dead Man's Gulch? Did it have anything to do with The Tainted?

What is Elma?

A Perfect Works guide for this game would be so dense you could fire it out of a back-mounted cannon and one-shot superbosses with the gravity damage.

Louisgod posted:

The game peaks between when you get the skell and when you get the flight pack. It can still jump multiple times its own height and it doesn't increase enemy sight radius so you can pull off the same walljumping and stealth shenanigans except on a more absurd scale. The concept of a stealth giant robot becomes much less funny when you reach Sylvalum though.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've spent half the game wondering 'how the gently caress do I get up there.' Now I spend the other half, 'how the gently caress do I get under there?'

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm getting close to 100% exploration.

but is there a hologram guide because I've been going after the tyrants and many just don't drop their holograms.

Do quests for the weapons, kill enemies, specifically tyrants as they have a higher drop rate for the holos.

Everything else are quest rewards.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a guide to Telethia Plume?

edit: Apparently you kill appendages and reset.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 29, 2015

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

a cartoon duck posted:

Even if mims are entirely mechanical, the long-term plan is to have everyone live in Mira in flesh and blood bodies. Would kinda suck to be back in your real body only to drop dead from a native virus three days later. Then again, everyone's been so preoccupied with mim maintenance that you don't actually get around to recovering the Lifehold piece storing humanity's medical knowledge until you get a quest to help sick Nopon. Priorities after "recover the Lifehold Core" get a bit hazy.

There's also a fact a ton of people just straight-up pretend not to be robots, and that mims are designed to make people forget they're a robot. There's a woman that's mad as gently caress for half the game because some Nopon shampoo turned her bald, up until she realises giving mims new hair is piss-easy and it's technically all wigs in the first place anyway. People being worried about viruses just means mims are doing their job.

Yeah all this is really great points but also some of the quests literally don't make any sense without you being partly biological, like people dying from poison meant for xenos

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If Takahashi prefers western media, why are his games anime as gently caress?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

horriblePencilist posted:

Talk, vs reality.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Even if he's spent the past five years exclusively consuming western media, he's still spent decades producing JRPGs.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

horriblePencilist posted:

It's all the Japanese know, it's in their genes. Boob sliders isn't anime as gently caress, it's a cultural norm.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Many of XCX's problems would be solved if the game were more like those western goodgames we all know and love, the Saints Row series.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Supercar Gautier posted:

Many of XCX's problems would be solved if the game were more like those western goodgames we all know and love, the Saints Row series.

Skells with giant back mounted dildo superweapons

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Skells with giant back mounted dildo superweapons

You mean the Hexad Partican?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Supercar Gautier posted:

I want to do an insurance fraud mission where I'm in a skell and getting bounced around the map by indigens

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Do quests for the weapons, kill enemies, specifically tyrants as they have a higher drop rate for the holos.

Everything else are quest rewards.

I found out something, the treasure sensor gear makes holograms not drop from Tyrants because the game's loot code overwrites them with all the extra poo poo that drops.

So if you want holograms don't go with treasure sensor gear on.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well, I got to play more today, and for picking a class, I went with enforcer because I wanted to know how awful I'd be with it. Then I saw that it just straight up gives me a beam cannon :getin:

And, holy poo poo, firing giant beams at enemies is my favorite thing to do, I'm glad I picked the interceptors, because now all I want to do is murder everything I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Is there a good way to get affinity with party members easily. I don't particularly need it now, but going forwards it would be nice to know how to spend as little time with H.B. as possible and still get his affinity stuff.

If I'm planning on dicking around with another class for a bit which offer good skills? I don't particularly want to look through the select menu or at spreadsheets for everything.

E: or, to put it another way, what skills do you find fun from any particular class?

• Locked thread