Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ChaseSP posted:

It's explained ingame close to the end.

Well, what is it, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Dragon's Dogma takes place in a world where things exist that are beyond the ken of mortals, like in a world of mythology. Pawns are created by the Arisen and wander the rift between universes, they've been around for centuries and don't seem to cause any problems so people are used to them. People can ignore weird stuff that happens all the time, that's actually a large part of what the game is about.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

kazil posted:

I would have preferred if Witcher 3 focused more on maintaining the action instead of basically shoving me off into a menu to find out how to defeat enemies/equip oils/change bombs.

Also, I still say the crafting system in Witcher 3 is indefensible.

Yeah, the crafting/inventory management was awful. They should have just automatically disassembled gryphon leather or whatever into leather for you so your inventory wasn't a portal to the fantasy garbage dimension. The "go to the quest marker" quests for the crafting recipes for the witcher set gear (literally the only gear that mattered) also sucked. I get the alchemy since that's a part of the whole witcher shtick but I don't know why every drat game released in the past few years needs crafting.

Krinkle posted:

The end of the main game, or the game of the year dlc thing where you fall down some huge well and do extra content? Because I stopped playing then and I don't remember anyone explaining pawns.

That was actually the endgame of the base game. The DLC was something like a labyrinth where you're being chased by the grim reaper.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Dec 29, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The Moon Monster posted:

That was actually the endgame of the base game. The DLC was something like a labyrinth where you're being chased by the grim reaper.

Yeah but the labrynth was in the well, though? Well poo poo I guess I never beat the game. It felt like I beat the game.

Anyway the pawns remind me of those crab walking janitors that explode if you scan them or stop them from doing something in mass effect. They're useful and everyone ignores them because who cares but they're actually extremely important and cosmically horrifying clues to an imminent threat. Someone put them there. They are that way by design. It could happen to you.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Pawns are like protohumans that the Arisen can give sentience to by sacrificing themselves.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Krinkle posted:

Yeah but the labrynth was in the well, though? Well poo poo I guess I never beat the game. It felt like I beat the game.

I'm pretty sure th DLC labyrinth was on an island. There was a labyrinth in the well but it was part of the base game.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Judge Tesla posted:

Amusingly enough, everyone gave Final Fantasy 13 poo poo for telling you to read the Datalogs for everything, but when Witcher 3 does it, nobody minds at all. :v:

You have an FFXIII avatar so I'm going to state my TDTGD for it and ask what the explanation was that I missed.

When you go to Gran Pulse you are told that the reason you were chosen as la'Cie is that the fal'Cie are trying to call back the Creator by destroying humanity by having you destroy Orphan and crash Cocoon into the planet. Your characters are all like "screw that, we'll make our own destiny! You don't control us! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!"

Then, pretty shortly after that declaration, they return to Cocoon and kill the poo poo out of Orphan and crash Cocoon into the planet. It works out okay (mostly) but what the hell happened? They literally go from saying they're not going to do it and then go and do it anyway.

I actually really enjoyed the game otherwise but this little story bit has bugged me since I beat it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Ryoshi posted:

You have an FFXIII avatar so I'm going to state my TDTGD for it and ask what the explanation was that I missed.

When you go to Gran Pulse you are told that [spoiler]the reason you were chosen as la'Cie is that the fal'Cie

I love how they made up some fantasy words for the good guys and the bad guys and they're almost the same word. The plot of that game was just coo coo bananas nonsense to me beginning to end because I couldn't even get Us v. Them sorted out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

When you go to Gran Pulse you are told that the reason you were chosen as la'Cie is that the fal'Cie are trying to call back the Creator by destroying humanity by having you destroy Orphan and crash Cocoon into the planet. Your characters are all like "screw that, we'll make our own destiny! You don't control us! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!"

Then, pretty shortly after that declaration, they return to Cocoon and kill the poo poo out of Orphan and crash Cocoon into the planet. It works out okay (mostly) but what the hell happened? They literally go from saying they're not going to do it and then go and do it anyway.

I actually really enjoyed the game otherwise but this little story bit has bugged me since I beat it.

Don't worry, if you play the sequels it only adds more confusing fluff without ever explaining why the characters thought they could get away with it. The gist of it is aparrently, if you obsessively read the data logs and translated background latin detail touches, the final boss fight is in front of a gate to one of the gods who rules over the gods you're fighting against and by murdering the villain god there you're able to commune with this other god to bail you out.

Which then results in lots of other poo poo going wrong until by FFXIII-3 both time and space are destroyed, so, you know, still a terrible plan.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Morglon posted:

RTFM isn't really a thing with games, good games manage to convey everything you need to know within, if you need to pick up a glossary and read up to play a game first someone has failed at making said game, there is no excuse ever and people really need to stop jerking off over lovely design just because they suffer from the illusion that data mining or studying poo poo makes them somehow clever.

When you check on an entry in the bestiary, the bottom of the screen tells you which bombs and oils work best on that monster. The flavor text is just that - flavor text.

The bestiary is clunky to navigate around but it's a really quick affair to look at the basilisk and see that draconid oil is the way to go.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

I love how they made up some fantasy words for the good guys and the bad guys and they're almost the same word. The plot of that game was just coo coo bananas nonsense to me beginning to end because I couldn't even get Us v. Them sorted out.

What is it with terrible writers and needing to make up new words for 'demons' and 'gods' and 'angels' and 'magic' and 'moons' and poo poo

Just use the words we've already got, or stick two of them together if you need to be original, your magic made-up word doesn't click anywhere in my loving brain

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
LaCie is a hard drive brand so it was amusing to me in ff13 that they were called that.

Isn't Dragons Dogma the one where you couldn't fast travel, so you had to actually spend like 20 minutes walking from town to town each time?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Somfin posted:

What is it with terrible writers and needing to make up new words for 'demons' and 'gods' and 'angels' and 'magic' and 'moons' and poo poo

Just use the words we've already got, or stick two of them together if you need to be original, your magic made-up word doesn't click anywhere in my loving brain

Or at the very least don't slather it with apostrophes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Thin Privilege posted:

LaCie is a hard drive brand so it was amusing to me in ff13 that they were called that.

Isn't Dragons Dogma the one where you couldn't fast travel, so you had to actually spend like 20 minutes walking from town to town each time?

Strewn around the world there were some four portkeys you could set up wherever you wanted as fast travel points. You'd then use very limited and hard to find teleport stones to fast travel to any portkey you set up.
The DLC made it so you would get one more portkey and a teleport stone with unlimited uses.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Calaveron posted:

Strewn around the world there were some four portkeys you could set up wherever you wanted as fast travel points. You'd then use very limited and hard to find teleport stones to fast travel to any portkey you set up.
The DLC made it so you would get one more portkey and a teleport stone with unlimited uses.

Fast travel rocks were never really in short supply or hard to find, there was a shop in the hub city that sold infinite amounts of them and there was some nerd that wandered around the city that sold limited amounts of cheaper fast travel rocks. The portcrystals were what was in short supply, since there was a grand total of 1 placeable crystal you could find hidden somewhere before Dark Arisen hit and bumped that number up to 5 and you had to get to NG+ before you could buy more. And even then you could only place 10 of the things around the world.

You only got the infinite teleport stone if you bought the base game and then loaded that save into a new copy of Dark Arisen, since it wasn't a DLC.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Seriously I don't get what people are saying. One of the most annoying things about modern gaming is the constant tutorials for basic information.
One of the best things about modern games is how you don't have to read a manual or discover basic things through trial and error because they just tell you how to play the game as you play it.

Phlegmish posted:

If you only played the first few hours of Witcher II then your character was still complete poo poo and lacking most combat moves. The same thing happened to me a few years ago when I first started playing, I got to the insane prologue fight (you know the one) and quit playing in disgust. The secret is that you need to stick with it, the combat will start getting better at the end of Chapter I and by the final chapter you're a murder god.
If you have to play for several hours before the game gets good, it is a bad game.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Tiggum posted:

One of the best things about modern games is how you don't have to read a manual or discover basic things through trial and error because they just tell you how to play the game as you play it.

If you have to play for several hours before the game gets good, it is a bad game.

It's a matter of proportion. Witcher games are 40+ hours. Playing for 1 is less than 5% of the game. Complex games introduce mechanics slowly. Simple combat is usually boring combat. Couple that with power progression in just upgrading basic abilities as you go, I think it is a fallacy to say playing a game for several hours to get good makes it a bad game. It may not be a game you enjoy, but that doesn't make it bad.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's a problem with the franchise. People's complaints above sound exactly like the issues I had with Witcher 2. You load it up, there's limited information given and then you're thrown into battle with two swords and zero clue. Instant uninstall from me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Did you try clicking "yes" when the game asks if you'd like to do the tutorial upon starting a new game or did you click "no" and uninstalled when the game didn't give you any tutorials and threw you into a battle.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Leal posted:

Did you try clicking "yes" when the game asks if you'd like to do the tutorial upon starting a new game or did you click "no" and uninstalled when the game didn't give you any tutorials and threw you into a battle.

Along these lines, I'm always baffled by the occasional posts that show up either here or in general Games threads from people who start a game on Hard and then promptly complain that it's too hard and not any fun.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

John Murdoch posted:

Along these lines, I'm always baffled by the occasional posts that show up either here or in general Games threads from people who start a game on Hard and then promptly complain that it's too hard and not any fun.

I'm guilty of the opposite; I do my first play-through of most things on the easiest reasonable difficulty (so excluding poo poo like Guitar Hero's one button mode), then either never get around to a second play-through or its a global setting like in the TES games and I forget to ever change it. :saddowns:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Leal posted:

No, I didn't click "yes" to access the tutorial that didn't exist when the game launched (it was added as dlc after tons of complaints), and as a result I was stuck in an endless loop of clunky running/dodging/dying. I paid full price for the game and never got past the initial dragon attack or whatever that was because it left such a crappy taste in my mouth

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

I thought it actually worked well for that game since a) the world isn't that big and b) it's one of the few open world games I've played where simply traveling from one place to another is fairly dangerous.

Tiggum posted:

It's definitely a flaw but there are plenty of games that manage to be good in spite of it. I feel like most RPGs start like this where your character can only autoattack and maybe cast magic missile or whatever twice before running out of mana at the beginning. Etrian Odyssey is a major offender.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It's a matter of proportion. Witcher games are 40+ hours. Playing for 1 is less than 5% of the game. Complex games introduce mechanics slowly. Simple combat is usually boring combat. Couple that with power progression in just upgrading basic abilities as you go, I think it is a fallacy to say playing a game for several hours to get good makes it a bad game. It may not be a game you enjoy, but that doesn't make it bad.

Divinity: Original Sin is a complex game, It's easily 60 hours long, more to the tune of 80, it manages to tell you everything you need to know through gameplay, dialogue or in universe notes. There is some more poo poo you can find out if you so choose and you can sperg with the crafting but you don't need to beyond the basic you want sword fire? Put fire thing in it! I enjoyed every minute of it. Multiple times. I even enjoyed the more than a day of accumulated game time during the alpha stages to see how poo poo is developing. Your game does absolutely not have to be poo poo to start out with and good games never are. It's not some miracle that they're not it's people actually putting effort into what they're making and it shows that they do. Again, there is no excuse not to make a compelling gaming experience from minute one and when someone tells me I have to do this and that to prepare or get this many hours into it I tell them to gently caress off, my time is too precious to invest in something that may be good with the right mindset or given some time, I have tons of games around that are good right the gently caress now.

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The witcher 3 isnt complex. It has 2 attacks & 5 spells plus some items. There are about 6 different types of enemies. The enemies you fight at the end of the game are the same as the ones in the tutorial, but sometimes palette swapped & with impossible amounts of Hp if you're more than 5 levels below you. All that changes between the start and end of the game is that you'll have more passive effects on your gear, alt versions of your spells and be way more likely to proc status ailments that trivialise fights more than they already are. It is a game that uses RPG mechanics to hide the fact that its action components are so shallow as to be two dimensional.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Morglon posted:

Divinity: Original Sin is a complex game, It's easily 60 hours long, more to the tune of 80, it manages to tell you everything you need to know through gameplay, dialogue or in universe notes. There is some more poo poo you can find out if you so choose and you can sperg with the crafting but you don't need to beyond the basic you want sword fire? Put fire thing in it! I enjoyed every minute of it. Multiple times. I even enjoyed the more than a day of accumulated game time during the alpha stages to see how poo poo is developing. Your game does absolutely not have to be poo poo to start out with and good games never are. It's not some miracle that they're not it's people actually putting effort into what they're making and it shows that they do. Again, there is no excuse not to make a compelling gaming experience from minute one and when someone tells me I have to do this and that to prepare or get this many hours into it I tell them to gently caress off, my time is too precious to invest in something that may be good with the right mindset or given some time, I have tons of games around that are good right the gently caress now.

The Witcher II is a good game with a number of flawed design decisions dragging it down. The frontloaded difficulty is one of those. I totally understand giving up in frustration, I did it myself a few years back, but once I finally got past that first stage it was a fun, rewarding game that left me satisfied at the end. That's all I have to say about it, if you don't feel like making that initial investment is worth it, that's a perfectly valid preference.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Morglon posted:

I thought Divinity: Original Sin had an absolutely terrible start. The starting town is surrounded by areas that are a much higher level than your characters so you have to gain a bunch of levels by blowing through all of the "run around the town talking to people" quests. I'm not a fan of those types of quests in games like this in general, but it was even worse than normal in DOS because the town is huge and your characters walk extremely slowly. It was so lovely I thought that I must have missed the area you were supposed to go after the town, or that I was terrible at the combat, but several people confirmed to me that you were just expected to level up several times via chat quests before venturing forth.

I guess it's probably not as bad on repeat playthroughs because you'll know exactly where to go and who to talk to for exp, and you won't need as much because you're better at the game.

Also, I think the monster grimoires you buy for the Witcher count as "in universe".

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

The Moon Monster posted:

I thought Divinity: Original Sin had an absolutely terrible start. The starting town is surrounded by areas that are a much higher level than your characters so you have to gain a bunch of levels by blowing through all of the "run around the town talking to people" quests. I'm not a fan of those types of quests in games like this in general, but it was even worse than normal in DOS because the town is huge and your characters walk extremely slowly. It was so lovely I thought that I must have missed the area you were supposed to go after the town, or that I was terrible at the combat, but several people confirmed to me that you were just expected to level up several times via chat quests before venturing forth.

I guess it's probably not as bad on repeat playthroughs because you'll know exactly where to go and who to talk to for exp, and you won't need as much because you're better at the game.

Also, I think the monster grimoires you buy for the Witcher count as "in universe".

It's completely doable, just go to the Orc beach or the exploding Villa, long as you're fighting undead it's fine and that's most of the map. I grant you it's not and easy game but it tells you what you need to do right from the start and also hands you the tools as soon as you reach the first city or even before if you picked the right skills. Use line of sight, area denial fields, choke points or any of the different ways elemental fields interact. You just have to be creative with what's at your disposal and you will rarely if ever need to flee from a fight.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Morglon posted:

It's completely doable, just go to the Orc beach or the exploding Villa, long as you're fighting undead it's fine and that's most of the map. I grant you it's not and easy game but it tells you what you need to do right from the start and also hands you the tools as soon as you reach the first city or even before if you picked the right skills. Use line of sight, area denial fields, choke points or any of the different ways elemental fields interact. You just have to be creative with what's at your disposal and you will rarely if ever need to flee from a fight.

You're the only person I've heard respond "no it's totally doable" rather than "you should do the quests in the town first". I don't doubt that it is, but it's pretty tough when your only experience with the game is clearing the newbie dungeon. Especially if you pick the wrong classes. They don't matter much in the long run but picking a bad class combo at the start makes the beginning much harder. I didn't find the game particularly difficult once I cleared out the town. It has the same frontloaded difficulty problems as a ton of other RPGs.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It is kind of front loaded in difficulty and gets easier as you go along and learn more things about how it works. You really should do the initial town quests and then move on from there. The key to remember is that you are SUPPOSED TO CHEESE THE FIGHTS. If it seems lame, its by intention. You have to use your head and exercise some lateral thinking to get further in the game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's all about using elemental zones cleverly, for example in my latest playthrough I was having trouble with the desert spiders so I did some maneuvering and clever fire void placing to make them pretty much blow themselves up whenever they do their poison thing. Or placing multiple surfaces that all explode and then charging through with a burning warrior type. Sure one of yours dies but you can pretty much take out all of them if you do it right. Getting a few more levels helps too I suppose but in the end it all comes down to three things. Location, location, location. Sounds stupid but that's pretty much it.

Also blood is conductive so once you hit enemies you can pretty much stun the entire group. Again with the right placement.

And classes mean very little, yeah, your starting stats may limit you early on but it is very possible and even beneficial to pick up a few spells even on your fighter types, I make it a point for example to pick up the basic heal on everybody, it may not do a ton but it will save your rear end in a pinch.

Morglon has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Dec 29, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

No, I didn't click "yes" to access the tutorial that didn't exist when the game launched

Oh drat, I didn't realize that. My bad.

Xenoblade X: I'm not a fan of skell combat. Upgrading skell frames takes a metric fuckton of cash and weapons aren't much cheaper. I currently make about 155k on frontiernav and the next upgrade for a skell frame is nearly 2 million. Also the AI seems to get even worse when it comes to flying combat as they'll randomly stay on the ground and fire upwards, so I have to mash "assemble" and hope they respond. Also if you or the AI lose their skells you have to go all the way back to the barracks to replace them.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Mad Max: the camera while driving is pretty terrible. It keeps trying to swing in random directions, and sporadically decides to lock on what's being dragged by my harpoon. It's also finicky about looking up so some scarecrows are hard to grab.

Driving physics are also pretty bad. Almost as floaty as the Mako. I've managed multiple times to get my vehicle on its side and unrecoverable in the middle of a driving mission. You also can't fast travel in alternative vehicles, and loading times all around are pretty bad.

There's also too many useless scavenging locations. Areas you can't access until the end of the game will give 4 scrap. Endgame upgrades are over 1500 scrap. There's 191 scavenging locations. It gets real old real quick.

Still a fun game, but I think it needed another QoL pass before being shipped.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I got KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords on the Steam sale. I had played before but never got very far.

I can't think of a more boring way to start the games. It starts you in a mining facility, and you're looking at like 2.5 to 3 hours of running around empty gray tunnels with a mining laser, fighting maybe 2 types of droids the whole way. When you finally get off that, you're immediately detained when you dock at the next planet, and have all your gear taken away. Taris was bad, but criminy, this is hard to push past. I keep hearing how good it is though, despite bugs, so I'm a try my best.

Also, people keep constantly telling me I'm severed from the force, even as I'm learning and using several Powers and Jedi Feats.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Captain Lavender posted:

I got KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords on the Steam sale. I had played before but never got very far.

I can't think of a more boring way to start the games. It starts you in a mining facility, and you're looking at like 2.5 to 3 hours of running around empty gray tunnels with a mining laser, fighting maybe 2 types of droids the whole way. When you finally get off that, you're immediately detained when you dock at the next planet, and have all your gear taken away. Taris was bad, but criminy, this is hard to push past. I keep hearing how good it is though, despite bugs, so I'm a try my best.

Also, people keep constantly telling me I'm severed from the force, even as I'm learning and using several Powers and Jedi Feats.

Dunno how many Obsidian games you've played but "cool ideas that are actually dull slogs to play through" is kind of their hallmark.

Like, in theory playing through an empty colony after a mysterious incident has killed all life aboard it would make for an interesting mystery/survival horror game, it's just dull as poo poo when they crowbar it into a D&D-style turn-based RPG.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
In Darkest Dungeon they added a new class called the Abomination. It's basically a were-goat person who can transform and use a different set of skills (so technically all 8 skills are always unlocked and available). On top of that it heals itself and is pretty loving tanky/overpowered so the dev team decided to stop it from being so overpowered by making it so you can't put certain classes in the same party.

Not characters with certain perks or phobias. Not increasing chances of negative effects or insanity. Just randomly all characters of certain classes refuse to hang out with the friendly helpful were-goat on their adventures of bashing a giant sentient demonic pigmeatwad in their employer's basement. Facing a row of pig butts farting on you until you go crazy is perfectly fine~ Just don't bring that weirdo along!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Captain Lavender posted:

Yeah that's really weird!!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

2house2fly posted:

It is. When I keep hearing, 'we need to find out how to restore your powers, because you don't have any', and I just got done force stunning a bunch of guys, it's kind of weird.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

2house2fly posted:

Sometimes things are weird! I remember California was in a huge drought this summer and everyone kept talking about the drought but Tom Selleck's almond grove seemed fine to me so I don't know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

In Darkest Dungeon they added a new class called the Abomination. It's basically a were-goat person who can transform and use a different set of skills (so technically all 8 skills are always unlocked and available). On top of that it heals itself and is pretty loving tanky/overpowered so the dev team decided to stop it from being so overpowered by making it so you can't put certain classes in the same party.

Not characters with certain perks or phobias. Not increasing chances of negative effects or insanity. Just randomly all characters of certain classes refuse to hang out with the friendly helpful were-goat on their adventures of bashing a giant sentient demonic pigmeatwad in their employer's basement. Facing a row of pig butts farting on you until you go crazy is perfectly fine~ Just don't bring that weirdo along!

You mean the religious characters that aren't going to hang about with an unholy abomination?