Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh. Well other people have been saying it sucks and I recently started playing it so I just wanted to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jeff loves Super Mario Maker which, hell it's a lot of things, but it's rarely badass. So I dunno... I guess cuz there's no deece alternative.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

super mario maker is all kinds of badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Black Ops 3 and Mario Kart 8 are both very badass

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Oh what do people not like about Axiom Verge. I thought for sure it would end up a Forum Darling but I never bothered to follow any of it.

IT just kind of sucks. And the thing about how it sucks is it takes you like 4 hours to realize your playing a lovely game. It took me until like 3/4ths of the way in and thought to myself... wtf am I playing. This is dog poo poo! The movement upgrades suck and you have a radial wheel for your guns

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
IIRC every boss is the same and they also suck. The story is stupid. Its a lovely metrodvania

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Shovel Knight on the other hand.. That's a win

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its got the worst grapple hook in any game ever

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hmmm, well, that sucks I guess. I'm gonna go watch ZThon and play Mario Maker I think.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"God Tier 2D animation." -Brad Shoemaker, GOTYcast Day 1

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

haha i chortled at that & also his immediate reaction when he heard the word "raid"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

oh and alex saying tyool, lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Shadow complex still free on pc till december ends for an epic metroidvania

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

This. I coulndt believve it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

I can't hate on him since his ability for sucking the air and life out of a room at a moment's notice is unbelievable, and in a way, admirable.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ArfJason posted:

Shadow complex still free on pc till december ends for an epic metroidvania

thanks for the reminder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

This. I coulndt believve it

He's said it before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember when Alex met with BAKOON at a cafe in NYC and had him write a Top 10 Guest List for GiantBomb...lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Remember when Alex met with BAKOON at a cafe in NYC and had him write a Top 10 Guest List for GiantBomb...lol

Nope but I don't know who that is anyway.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I liked alex's skit and thought austin's was really funny until I realized he was actually going to complete it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

klapman posted:

I liked alex's skit and thought austin's was really funny until I realized he was actually going to complete it

it turned out well

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope jeff reviews fast food

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

omg

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ah, redemption. Someone could easily dig up a few painful quotes from old Bombcasts where I dismiss Dark Souls as a game for masochists, an experience for old school fetishists. How naive you were, young Patrick. As I learned from playing the game later, Dark Souls was the best game from that year. (Sorry, Skyrim.) If if it weren’t for an unexpected series of events--RYYYYYCKERRRTT!!!--Bloodborne would be at the top of my list this year, too. Lordy, it’s good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Ah, redemption. Someone could easily dig up a few painful quotes from old Bombcasts where I dismiss Dark Souls as a game for masochists, an experience for old school fetishists. How naive you were, young Patrick. As I learned from playing the game later, Dark Souls was the best game from that year. (Sorry, Skyrim.) If if it weren’t for an unexpected series of events--RYYYYYCKERRRTT!!!--Bloodborne would be at the top of my list this year, too. Lordy, it’s good.

Starts shrieking.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The thumbnail for the Patrick list is him making a sort of contorted troll face with a pimple square in the middle of his forehead.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i dont think any one on the staff will put bloodborne in the top 3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

This game explores some deep poo poo, too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

This game explores some deep poo poo, too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They sure do say bespoke a loving lot

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Remember when Brad hated Deadly Premonition's gameplay so much that he shouted down York for best new character or whatever it was? I can't believe how lame he is in goty podcasts.

I also can't wait for him to whine about how Mario Maker somehow "isn't a game" when it starts to win categories.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i bought axiom verge day one just because it was a long time coming and it does seem sick the first couple hours and some of the weapons are cool but it's a huge slog to get anywhere and the movement/jumping is Not Good

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I always think given their profession it's probably really hard to play a single game for an extended period of time, especially this year, but they always seem have time to play multiple lovely wRPGs but never give epic jRPGs the time of day. Nobody at GB has ever seemed to be into jRPGs in general and that's okay, it just sucks when nobody ever brings up SMT4 or Ni no Kuni or Monster Hunter outside of a short mention -- if that.

it would be cool for their next hire to be someone who will cover these kinds of games. seems like austin sort of fills this role now but only partly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/bakoon-s-top-10-games-of-2014/1100-5144/

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

In Training posted:

Get two mirrors, place them opposite each other and hold up a piece of paper with Undertale written on it

1. Undertale
2. elatrednU
3. Undertale
4. elatrednU
5. Undertale
6. elatrednU
7. Undertale
8. elatrednU
9. Undertale
10. elatrednU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

i dont think any one on the staff will put bloodborne in the top 3

None of them like it. It came up early in the first podcast and Brad said it was a really bland game that we've seen many times before.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

None of them like it. It came up early in the first podcast and Brad said it was a really bland game that we've seen many times before.

uhhh what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

what the gently caress?