Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hajj Podge posted:

You're triggering me.
Make an Emerald Tumblr account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Agree. The Bulldog would be a great fit for the Valkyrie, I think.

Loud speakers that broadcast to the whole hex.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Clamps McGraw posted:

I can't really imagine the type of broken person that could voluntarily inflict that upon themselves. That is genuine There Is Something Legitimately Wrong With Your Brain territory.
That is my reaction to the whole idea of playing with a voice pack, but maybe that's just because i value team play over kd.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The day I stopped caring about my KDR was the day I unlocked the secrets of the universe.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

That is my reaction to the whole idea of playing with a voice pack, but maybe that's just because i value team play over kd.

No ways a voice pack is amazing because it provides some interaction to the game, without it you just kill dudes in silence. Getting a 1 man platoon is so goddamn awesome and a 15 kill streak with the max is loving amazing to.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They need to do the universal prox thing but only when your in certain vehicles with the right upgrades--get the loud speakers for the valk and now anyone in the 4th seat can broadcast to all factions over prox.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Arghy posted:

No ways a voice pack is amazing because it provides some interaction to the game, without it you just kill dudes in silence.

If you were in a vehicle you could honk your horn to remove the silence. This also has the added benefit of taking you out of the horrible infantry combat in this game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Arghy posted:

No ways a voice pack is amazing because it provides some interaction to the game, without it you just kill dudes in silence. Getting a 1 man platoon is so goddamn awesome and a 15 kill streak with the max is loving amazing to.

I think this is sarcasm, i just wish i could tell what you're being sarcastic about.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
honestly if you're not playing Planetside 2 without some aggressive rap in the background you're not playing Planetside 2 at all

electronic or metal are acceptable alternatives

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

96v96 blasting slayer in a max is the way.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

I'm a DnB kinda man. 180 BPM is life.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

If your bpm doesn't match your rpm you're doing it wrong geez.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

honestly if you're not playing Planetside 2 without some aggressive rap in the background you're not playing Planetside 2 at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXq7LBC4n8 :getin:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

honda whisperer posted:

Hook up a music player to audio input through Virtual Audio Cable then use an autohotkey bind to toggle proximity chat and you can do this literally in the game

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Segmentation Fault posted:

I play Deltron 3030 exclusively while on my Vanu.

Well, that plus a lot of Scale the Summit.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

honda whisperer posted:

I love how everyone used to recoil when I would put death metal on the plud.dj thing.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I just want a voice pack with luperza chan whispering compliments into my ear, great job. Your a fully functioning emotional adult. Your body is perfectly acceptable.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I love how everyone used to recoil when I would put death metal on the plud.dj thing.

It fits ps2 so perfectly. All that anime left their brains made of cotton candy. It should be blood for the blood god.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Fortunate Son is the only choice that is acceptable for anything in the air.

Or hell anything of that ilk if playing NC.

Born in the U.S.A(uraxis).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Actually, this is the anthem for Vanu fights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnmUcnSUWSM

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I think I might use "Rocky Mountain Way" for an air montage.

I have a second planned thats a gimmick song but it should be a pretty funny gimmick, I hope

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Actually, this is the anthem for Vanu fights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnmUcnSUWSM

This is beautiful.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I mostly listen to edm while I shoot mans.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Mithaldu posted:

lol

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
I don't watch television. heh. you pleb.

:rolleyes:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Five Stages of HA Shield nerfs

Stage 1: Denial

Stage 2: Anger

Stage 3: Bargaining

Stage 4: Despair

Stage 5: Acceptance
:cawg:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I am faster and more precise than my enemies. Of course now we these nerfs now I am no longer faster and more precise.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I am faster then my enemies despite playing a class whose special ability slows me down yet I don't play the other classes that don't have a slowdown ability (nevermind that said ability gave me 70% more health then other players, I don't rely on it for serious)

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 29, 2015

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Spoken like plebs who think an 80% HP advantage actually means something in this game.

:smug:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The HA mantra: "X is completely meaningless and I do better than everyone else entirely on my own merit and skill; incidentally, how dare you even think of removing X"

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
The idea that HA is considered an honorabru class in this game is funny because it exposes these so-called competitive players as people who either haven't played or couldn't cut it in actual competitive games like CS or even CoD and BF.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

jneer posted:

The idea that HA is considered an honorabru class in this game is funny because it exposes these so-called competitive players as people who either haven't played or couldn't cut it in actual competitive games like CS or even CoD and BF.

Hey man, AC and DA teamed up for Dirty Bomb!

They lost in the first round of an amateur tournament

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fans posted:

The Five Stages of HA Shield nerfs

Stage 1: Denial

Stage 2: Anger

Stage 3: Bargaining

Stage 4: Despair

Stage 5: Acceptance
:cawg:

First they came for the Vanguard shield,

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

This game has had mechanics to punish poor aim harshly for awhile. 0.75x ADS weapons, strong heavy shields, VS guns, etc. many people have a hard time aiming and so these things punish them even harder. Nerfing these things brings the bottom line up a little.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

This game has had mechanics to punish poor aim harshly for awhile. 0.75x ADS weapons, strong heavy shields, VS guns, etc. many people have a hard time aiming and so these things punish them even harder. Nerfing these things brings the bottom line up a little.

i for one believe in the trickle down infantry balancing that has worked so well so far

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

Westy543 posted:

The reality is that much of the game has boiled down to stats, pure and simple. KDR, IVI, KPH... it's what many players value, and it's how many players develop into whatever the meta loadout is. The problem with Planetside (and the community) is that as this meta has hardened into CQC LMG HA's with medkits, we lose sight of the non-stat based virtues of other classes.

I am about 1-1.5 KDR lower on my medic than my heavy, but how can you quantify the value of having a medtool and revive grenades? My infiltrator isn't great at point holds, but the motion spotter is often the difference for all my friendlies in a point hold. Light assaults aren't great in all situations, but there are times where they can be invaluable in controlling buildings.

I'm fine with the HA shield nerf. It will bring them in line a bit more. But I think many people, more in the community than here, lose sight of the fact that a good player should be able to use all these classes - or at least a good outfit will have a mix of players who do more than just CQC HA. Stats have driven the heavy meta, and stats are driving the subsequent nerfs. But stats are not what we should be playing for.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If my k/d gets high enough DBG will present me with a medal

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I decided to reinstall my PS2 client and wisely forgot to back up my ini.

Does anyone have the vonic (NivX?) one where everything looks like it takes place on the surface of the sun?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Turn everything down except for textures. Drop render quality until it looks like an N64 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Westy543 posted:

Well unless you're using the Orion and Betelguese, which are doing noticeably worse now.

• Locked thread