Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of Skyrim, kinda odd that Fallout 4 got rid of the whole equipped weapons displaying on your character thing. That was neat.
they probably did it because the clipboard was a shield mount for the vault tec salesman

i wouldn't put it past them to take away a pretty crucial function just to hide that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

they probably did it because the clipboard was a shield mount for the vault tec salesman

i wouldn't put it past them to take away a pretty crucial function just to hide that thing

Why not just make the clipboard a weapon? what the gently caress

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

NickPancakes posted:

Ugh Armorsmith. I'll keep from updating for now, but is there a similar mod sans the creepy feature creep?

Yeah, it's called 'Use Armorsmith and then don't make the nudity rings at the crafting bench and you'll never even know they exist'

This poo poo is hardly end-of-the-mod levels of feature creep, here. I went the last 3 versions without even noticing the new workbench it added, get a grip.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Is there a mod that lets me completely remove everything in a settlement area?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

greatBigJerk posted:

From what I've heard, speaking out against that poo poo on the Nexus forums is like an insta-ban, while getting into weird flame wars on whether or not mods are lore friendly are totally fine, even when there's clearly no intent for the mod to be lore friendly.
It really is. I got a warning back in the day from speaking out about a mod adding leather microbikinis for children. At least they removed it a week later, but... jesus.

If anyone in this thread uses Robot Home Defence/is interested in using RobCo Certified, I'm looking for criticism of and suggestions for robot upgrades. I've got a design draft here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ABEmBBLRh9gjY7sqtSfaXzMBYC35hJSJTGkhD9sYHp8/edit
Feel free to comment/edit it or respond here. I'm trying to avoid having 'no brainer' abilities that don't result in any interesting gameplay. This is particularly annoying now I've figured out how to do a New Vegas-style DT system (put it on Vertibirds in a test, and it helps *so much*) but can't figure out a way to add it to a bot without making it a must have.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Magmarashi posted:

Yeah, it's called 'Use Armorsmith and then don't make the nudity rings at the crafting bench and you'll never even know they exist'

This poo poo is hardly end-of-the-mod levels of feature creep, here. I went the last 3 versions without even noticing the new workbench it added, get a grip.

They added in a nude mod into a completely unrelated mod, saying it's fine because it's ignorable is silly

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

flatluigi posted:

They added in a nude mod into a completely unrelated mod, saying it's fine because it's ignorable is silly

It's dumb, but it IS completely, 100% ignorable. You'd never ever know it was there at all, it is the wateriest loving feature creep I've ever seen and people are acting like it's a loving disaster, lol.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

greatBigJerk posted:

Is it because of CBBE that there's an absurd amount of creepy rear end nude mods drowning out actual non-creepy mods?

I usually try to find new mods by looking at the most endorsed new files over the past few days, but it's really hard to do that when every other mods is something like "sexy tamed bush" or "huge boobs bodyslide preset"...

I know bitching about nude mods is all the rage, but it is in your power to solve this problem

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
About Armorsmith Extended, you guys need to get a grip, its a ring that you equip on your companions that makes them take off their clothes, that's all. It doesn't add nude textures or anything.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Magmarashi posted:

It's dumb, but it IS completely, 100% ignorable. You'd never ever know it was there at all, it is the wateriest loving feature creep I've ever seen and people are acting like it's a loving disaster, lol.

Dude do you really think people are complaining about the nude mod because it's feature creep and not because it's, you know, a nude mod?

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

flatluigi posted:

Dude do you really think people are complaining about the nude mod because it's feature creep and not because it's, you know, a nude mod?

People were already complaining about the Armorsmith feature creep before the nude rings, the nude rings just brought the criticism to a fever pitch.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Magmarashi posted:

You're manufacturing outrage out of a collective sigh from a group of people who see this crap out of nexus too often.

Of course it's not a "loving disaster", but it's exactly the sort of dumb creep the nexus community tends to breed. Why wouldn't the author just make this ring into it's own mod, it seems to make entirely more sense that way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All the ring does is allow you to take off the companion's default clothing without also putting another outfit into their inventory and equipping it instead. So you can just grab piper's coat instead of plopping her in something else first.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

All the ring does is allow you to take off the companion's default clothing without also putting another outfit into their inventory and equipping it instead. So you can just grab piper's coat instead of plopping her in something else first.

Equip a ring, equip one of the hundreds of raider leathers you've got laying around, either way you have to hit T once to accomplish that task without needing to call it a nuding ring.

Does the ring actually remove clothing or does it just make it all invisible?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

NickPancakes posted:

You're manufacturing outrage out of a collective sigh from a group of people who see this crap out of nexus too often.

Of course it's not a "loving disaster", but it's exactly the sort of dumb creep the nexus community tends to breed. Why wouldn't the author just make this ring into it's own mod, it seems to make entirely more sense that way.

It's almost a given that whenever there's a handful of posts saying "this is dumb" that other posters will fall over themselves to say that it's a tidal wave of mouth-frothing rage. It's really helpful in letting you know who to add to your ignore list, God bless their hearts.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Azhais posted:

I know bitching about nude mods is all the rage, but it is in your power to solve this problem

I did that as soon as I saw a giant vagina on the Nexus frontpage. It does get rid of the worst offenders, but it doesn't eliminate all of the creepy CBBE poo poo people are making.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

WastedJoker posted:

Is there a mod that lets me completely remove everything in a settlement area?

Console command /scrapall. If you mean buildings and unscrappable stuff there is some work towards that but a pretty major bug causes cell resets on anything that touches cells directly. One modder found an INI workaround but it is apparently really really heavy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Afro Mod :whatup:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is the OP guide to modding still correct/up to date? I want to start modding but don't want to read all 60 pages.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Gonkish posted:

Crossposting from the main thread. CBBE may be stupid and dumb and bad, but there's still stuff like this to balance it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP8WHVWDH_s

This is amazing.

FFS most of the "feature creep" in Armorsmith Extended is optional compatibility patches that let you craft the armor instead of using console commands or the chemistry station. Relax.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

gromdul posted:

This is amazing.

FFS most of the "feature creep" in Armorsmith Extended is optional compatibility patches that let you craft the armor instead of using console commands or the chemistry station. Relax.

Crafting armor and outfit manipulation tools: Verboten feature creep in an armor crafting mod.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

So is something like this texture optimist worthwhile?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...78%26gid%3D1151

I haven't noticed any real problems on my end, except maybe a bit of lag coming from my over-sized settlements. Still, if I can reduce some useless resource useage, that's a good thing right?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I haven't noticed any real problems on my end, except maybe a bit of lag coming from my over-sized settlements. Still, if I can reduce some useless resource useage, that's a good thing right?

You are better off using the dynamic shadow boost.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gobblecoque posted:

It's almost a given that whenever there's a handful of posts saying "this is dumb" that other posters will fall over themselves to say that it's a tidal wave of mouth-frothing rage. It's really helpful in letting you know who to add to your ignore list, God bless their hearts.

It's hard not to make fun of people who don't do their research and then complain about an issue that literally does not exist

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Just a heads up; That was one of the first mods I downloaded because optimization is always good, right?
Consequently I thought nothing of my minute long loadtimes until someone pointed out to me that they had gotten the same mod and uninstalled it because of massive loadtime inflation.
Imagine my surprise when I turn it off and can now enter or exit interiors in five flat seconds instead.

So, yeah. Maybe worth it if you have an SSD, but several extra gigs of textures that have to be constantly loaded do not a happy game make.

Dynamic shadow boost on the other hand, as someone pointed out, is awesome.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

These mods have less collateral damage, fewer bugs and are less work to install

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1204/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1355/

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Any mods out yet to remove the underwater hazy blur?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh christ, CBBE has finally been imported to Fallout. it's all downhill from here

e:

Magmarashi posted:

you picked the wrong hill to make a stand on in this thread, friend

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
That there are people falling over themselves to loudly declare how surprising and gross it is that tits made their way into a Bethesda game is pretty funny because of how low impact it is.

Just wait until the realistic Brahmin vagina mod comes along.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Any mods out yet to remove the underwater hazy blur?

Remove Depth of Field with the Fallout 4 Configurator tool and it removes the haze.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Looks like the Nexus added a "CBBE Bodybase" tag in the block content section, seems to work pretty well!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I remember somebody posting a (possibly goon-made?) mod in this thread a while ago that let you use cash registers and first-aid kits as replacements for the bulky settlement stores, but I can't seem to find it again.

The closest I can find is this one, but I remember the mod using a first-aid kit for clinics instead of a rug. Does anyone know which mod I'm talking about?

edit: vvv Awesome, thanks! The preview image made me think it was a cash register recolor so I skipped over it, whoops. :v:

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 30, 2015

fereldish
Jun 25, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

I remember somebody posting a (possibly goon-made?) mod in this thread a while ago that let you use cash registers and first-aid kits as replacements for the bulky settlement stores, but I can't seem to find it again.

Convenient Stores

^^ Yeah, the colors are a neat addition, but the plain old vanilla one is good enough for me, so I grabbed the much smaller version 1.1 instead. Works like a charm.

fereldish fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 30, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Just wait until the realistic Brahmin vagina mod comes along.

I appreciate the wordplay but is it seriously not out yet?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

greatBigJerk posted:

Looks like the Nexus added a "CBBE Bodybase" tag in the block content section, seems to work pretty well!

Thank God. I meant to make a request for this today on their feedback forum, but I had trouble wording it to minimize the risk of a ban.

This mod is kind of brilliant, if you don't enjoy collecting water and caps from your gulags manually:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7249/

gasman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 30, 2015

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm kinda bummed about the change to texture and meshes stuff because I wanted to port my Skyrim character over :(

Hello yes I heard the Railroad could use some assistance. :)

"Which way to the Grognak convention?"

alternate:

"Wish a buckhead would show up..."

"Pardon me, brother, can you spare a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour Malacath?"

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Can Fo4Edit make merged patches yet?

ZarquonHigardi
Mar 27, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

Can Fo4Edit make merged patches yet?

The Merge Plugins script for TES5Edit worked fine (although there were a few records it just couldn't process correctly, but that's easy enough to fix manually) for me:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37981

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
No, not Merging plugins, making a merged patch. the process of making a comparability patch, which is semi-automatic with skyrim in TES5Edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Or a bashed patch, from wyre.

As an aside, I quite like bodyslide for its ability to conformulate armor or clothes from Skyrim, or make things fit better, to be honest, I'd rather bodyslide catered for both genders, but, there we go....

I dont want rediculous tits on my character, or any of that nonsense, so I just made a girl next door style body, or just conform it to vanilla fallout.

I guess I'm just too used to the nexus and its ways.
Oh, and finally, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4645/ now followers will shut up about your collection of left hand bones or whatev's

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 31, 2015

• Locked thread