Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Stringbean posted:

Gonna try to get into Mediums and I've decided I want more crabs in my life. I'm looking at getting the CRB-20 or the 27... leaning towards the 20 (because it's cheaper, but the mounts dont seem too bad). Seems like all of the Crabs are energy weapon based. Which I'm not too familiar with as I usually use ballistics. I've looked up builds for the 20 so far, and it's between mount pulse lasers or straight up lasers. Anyone got any particular ideas? Or should I try out this weird Large/Medium Pulse build?

e: Also, I have a strong love for my King Crab. That fucker just wrecks fools.

Id go with the 20. The 27 just has some cool down and double AMS while the 20 can get really fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Wood. Finally elite with the crab!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Really should of asked this awhile ago but did they ever resolve the engine thing where speed was capped at 140kph?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Unhappy Meal posted:

Pubs who apparently have a seizure whenever they click their mouse. Cockeyed aiming at the ground beside their target. Aimbots that miss every shot because they're using autocannons. It is truly a wondrous game.

I don't get the people who run around with the view zoomed in all the time, then twirl around in confusion when they get shot from the side.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone have opinions on La Malinche? Founders MC, etc.

I'm looking at the banshee in the OP, and it looks like it runs fairly similiarly. AC10 instead of 5's, bonus SRMs.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Devorum posted:

What's a good mastery bundle if I were going to make a bad financial decision? All the ones I've been considering (Stalker, Blackjack) have a chassis I already own in them, which makes them seem pointless to buy.

Firestarter, Jagermech, Banshee, Cataphract, Griffin, Raven, Stalker, Thunderbolt

Drakes posted:

Really should of asked this awhile ago but did they ever resolve the engine thing where speed was capped at 140kph?

There are mechs that go faster than 140. I think the highest is around 157/156

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
A locust can get you up to 169.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
IIRC the non-ECM commandos can go even faster?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Pooncha posted:

IIRC the non-ECM commandos can go even faster?

They go as fast as the locusts

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fil5000 posted:

I am confused at the idea of running clan mediums that aren't the stormcrow. Very confused.

Nah, the Shadowcat is great if you like mechs that are inferior in almost every way.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Beet Wagon posted:

Nah, the Shadowcat is great if you like mechs that are inferior in almost every way.

Just run a Hunchback IIC with 4 C-LRM20s, be as bad as you can be.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Unhappy Meal posted:

Just run a Hunchback IIC with 4 C-LRM20s, be as bad as you can be.

I haven't kitted out my Hunchie IICs yet. I'm tempted to do that and just roll through the PUG queue laughing, but I don't think anybody would get the joke.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TheParadigm posted:

Anyone have opinions on La Malinche? Founders MC, etc.

I'm looking at the banshee in the OP, and it looks like it runs fairly similiarly. AC10 instead of 5's, bonus SRMs.

it's probably the worst Banshee. Doesn't get the good quirks of the -3E and doesn't have favorable hardpoints

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Pattonesque posted:

it's probably the worst Banshee. Doesn't get the good quirks of the -3E and doesn't have favorable hardpoints

I looked into buying one with my leftover MC, but yeah, it's a trash robot.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Added my name to the WoL list, ingame name is Zernach.

I like PPCs entirely too much because the AWS-8Q just clicks with me, are any of the IS mediums with PPC quirks any good?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Zernach posted:

I like PPCs entirely too much because the AWS-8Q just clicks with me, are any of the IS mediums with PPC quirks any good?

cicada-3c :D

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Added you in game , Etreri as well. send a pm in game and I will invite.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Trying out that RVN-4X build with the AC/20 on a lark because why not and holy poo poo is it both awful and weirdly fun (kinda like how I imagine playing an Urbanmech is, really).

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw that the Griffin pack now contains the ECM variant. Only the 1S overlaps with what I already have...and it's the (C) version.

I think my decision is made.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

I looked into buying one with my leftover MC, but yeah, it's a trash robot.

Alright, lets flip this around and look at it from the other side then.

What are good MC purchase robots that arent hot garbage?

Topdog. Anything else?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Is the Illest Marmoset a good MC buy?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I think the Firebrand is still considered okay. I mean it's a Jagermech so it has sides made of glass but high mounts and a mix of ballistic and energy.

Dunno about the Ilya, but Cataphracts are always okay. I think the new Thunderbolt hero is generally regarded as okay, but I don't see many of them.

Misery is baller as gently caress though.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I got the marmoset, and have been trying to find a good fit for it, but that's mostly because I'm new. Should I be packing ballistics because of the perks, or just 3 large lasers? Gauss? Help :ohdear:

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Takkaryx posted:

I got the marmoset, and have been trying to find a good fit for it, but that's mostly because I'm new. Should I be packing ballistics because if the perks, or just 3 large lasers? Gauss? Help :ohdear:

3x AC5s, 3x MLS

Beet Wagon posted:

I think the Firebrand is still considered okay. I mean it's a Jagermech so it has sides made of glass but high mounts and a mix of ballistic and energy.

Dunno about the Ilya, but Cataphracts are always okay. I think the new Thunderbolt hero is generally regarded as okay, but I don't see many of them.

Misery is baller as gently caress though.

the firebrand is a criminally underrated for its versatility

teepo fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 30, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Takkaryx posted:

I got the marmoset, and have been trying to find a good fit for it, but that's mostly because I'm new. Should I be packing ballistics because of the perks, or just 3 large lasers? Gauss? Help :ohdear:

3 AC5, 3 ML, all the rest should be AC ammo.

Dual Gauss was beautiful on it, too, until the Gauss nerf.

EDIT: Argggg, beaten!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Before ghost heat they were super fun with 4 UAC5.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Takkaryx posted:

The quirks, read the quirks!

Unless you're clans, then do the gently caress whateveroverheatandexplode.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

TheParadigm posted:

My picks:

Griffin Sparky
Catapult Jester (Catapults are getting re-scaled, too!)
Cataphract Muromets
Stalker Misery

These all fill gaps for their respective chassis that standard variants otherwise could not fill (6E Griffin, Ballistic Stalker, etc) and are reasonably strong mechs on their own right.

It might be worth noting that the Rifleman RFL-3N will have an identical hardpoint layout to the Firebrand (but of course will be 5 tons lighter). The RFL-3N is also the +C-Bill variant if you spent the extra dough for the collector's pack.

Other picks based on quirks alone:

X-5 (4E, has good heat/cooldown quirks, +35% energy range!)
Arrow (Good combo of energy range/heat/duration of BJs, plus it has the same 2x structure boost as the rest)
Top Dog (+25% energy range and highest absolute health of Thunderbolts)

I'm sure it's partly due to the sale and partly due to the fresh coat of quirk paint, but I'm seeing a lot of Arrows and Top Dogs in tier 1/2 solo queue.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 30, 2015

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

TheParadigm posted:

Alright, lets flip this around and look at it from the other side then.

Topdog. Anything else?

The Griffin hero is a mpl boat, and you can still run uac5's in the Ilya... But it's a glass cannon.

Other than that, I'm not sure anymore. :saddowns:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
The cataphracts suck now. they are too slow for STD engines yet have bad hitboxes for xl. muromets had its day but it isnt good, if you want a glass cannon get the jagers/firebrand. the ember sucks too (but the firestarter mastery pack does come with it and the 2 best variants)

I have a hard time going back to IS lights after running arctic cheaters and jenner II's

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

TeeMerk posted:

Added you in game , Etreri as well. send a pm in game and I will invite.

Thank you

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Zernach posted:

No, because PPCs are currently absolute loving garbage. For similar (it might actually be better I can't be assed to check) damage and like half the heat you can just use large pulse lasers.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Does anyone need an invite? Friend sebmojo if so and i'll flick you one.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

sebmojo posted:

Save me Sebmojo you're my only hope.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

sebmojo posted:

Friend request from Amadeus Chuggs incoming.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

invites sent

whoa, i haven't seen a full group in mumble for like 18 months

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:pgi:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

sebmojo posted:

invites sent

whoa, i haven't seen a full group in mumble for like 18 months

I tried sending you a message in game when you were on. You came and went pretty quick!

Someone tripped on the ethernet cord....

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

So I've discovered the joy that is the 6 spl arctic cheetah, and then the servers died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hi, we ran into an Oxide that did ~800 damage and secured 6 kills within 2 minutes of the match starting tonight!

• Locked thread