Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Here's what I see for the previously viewed attachment:

Clicking the link shows this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Nth Doctor posted:

Here's what I see for the previously viewed attachment:

Clicking the link shows this:
Do you have the Settings > Images > Hide old images option turned on?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

anthonypants posted:

Do you have the Settings > Images > Hide old images option turned on?

Yes, I mentioned that in the post right before that.
For other images, if I click the URL inserted for the hidden image, I'm given the option to display the hidden image inline.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Nth Doctor posted:

Yes, I mentioned that in the post right before that.
For other images, if I click the URL inserted for the hidden image, I'm given the option to display the hidden image inline.
If I turn on hide old images, then go to Bluedeanie's post, mark it read, and refresh the page, the attachment loads as an image. Your own posts are always going to be marked as read, so maybe you should give that a shot.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

anthonypants posted:

If I turn on hide old images, then go to Bluedeanie's post, mark it read, and refresh the page, the attachment loads as an image. Your own posts are always going to be marked as read, so maybe you should give that a shot.

That's pretty similar to my current process, but that workaround is pretty annoying considering the functionality that is already baked into the app for other image hosts.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

For whatever reason sometime around Dec 12th the app just stopped accepting my password. App cache clear, uninstall, reinstall did not fix it. Had to do an official forums password reset. Seems to be working now.

5.X moto x 2013.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I don't have time to read through the whole thread to see if it's been answered, but is there any chance of custom themes coming back? I just got an oled tablet and would like a black background for battery saving purposes

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Schadenfreude thread just completely froze my phone. No button did anything, had to pop the battery out.

Probably latest version on xcover 3 running 5.1.1

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

strap on revenge posted:

I don't have time to read through the whole thread to see if it's been answered, but is there any chance of custom themes coming back? I just got an oled tablet and would like a black background for battery saving purposes

Here you go, boss.

Goes in /sdcard/awful and then it should be selectable from the theme list in the app as Arc (dark) or similar.

Case sensitive. Make sure it's named Arc.dark.css or whatever.dark.css or it won't have dark threadlists.

ArcMage fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 27, 2015

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

ArcMage posted:

Here you go, boss.

Goes in /sdcard/awful and then it should be selectable from the theme list in the app as Arc (dark) or similar.

Case sensitive. Make sure it's named Arc.dark.css or whatever.dark.css or it won't have dark threadlists.

cheers bud

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

ArcMage posted:

Here you go, boss.

Is this OLED optimized (000000 color code etc)?

my milliamps
:goonsay:

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Hadlock posted:

my milliamps

Yes indeed. I knocked it together for an oled device myself, although I prefer it for viewing comfort in general.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Hadlock posted:

my milliamps

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Not sure what I did but my only option is to select my bookmarked threads instead of all the forums. The bookmarks are on top of a bunch of white space where all the other forums used to be.

I tried looking in the app settings and rebooting my phone, but neither resolved my issue.

Edit: and now it's fixed, not sure what the issue was.

A Strange Aeon fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 29, 2015

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

A Strange Aeon posted:

Not sure what I did but my only option is to select my bookmarked threads instead of all the forums. The bookmarks are on top of a bunch of white space where all the other forums used to be.

I tried looking in the app settings and rebooting my phone, but neither resolved my issue.

Edit: and now it's fixed, not sure what the issue was.

It happened to me too, but all I had to do was exit the app and swipe from the carousel.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Two things about the emotes box:

The 'x' to close isn't working for me. 2014 Moto X on 6.0

When I click it, the bottom of the box flashes briefly but that's it.

Secondly, is there a way to make it so that the emotes box doesn't hide the keyboard when it opens? More often than not I want to type in text to filter, but now I have to tap in the search box first. Since my keyboard is already open from whatever post I'm making, it would be more convenient if it just stayed open.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

DrBouvenstein posted:

Two things about the emotes box:

The 'x' to close isn't working for me. 2014 Moto X on 6.0

When I click it, the bottom of the box flashes briefly but that's it.

Secondly, is there a way to make it so that the emotes box doesn't hide the keyboard when it opens? More often than not I want to type in text to filter, but now I have to tap in the search box first. Since my keyboard is already open from whatever post I'm making, it would be more convenient if it just stayed open.

The X doesn't close the box, it clears the search textbox.
As for the second one, yeah sounds reasonable I guess.

/e: added Arc.dark.css and some info to the FAQ

Sereri fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 29, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sereri posted:

The X doesn't close the box, it clears the search textbox.

Oooh... Ok, I'm dumb.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I just got a hand-me-down Moto X and installed the Awful app on it. On this phone, if I swipe the app off the running apps list (which I often do) and then reopen it, the app opens up to the list of forums instead of my page of bookmarks. Is there a setting for this somewhere that I'm missing?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

oopsie rock posted:

I just got a hand-me-down Moto X and installed the Awful app on it. On this phone, if I swipe the app off the running apps list (which I often do) and then reopen it, the app opens up to the list of forums instead of my page of bookmarks. Is there a setting for this somewhere that I'm missing?

Bookmarks is a different shortcut. Maybe in widgets?

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

Bookmarks is a different shortcut. Maybe in widgets?

Oh yeah! Thanks so much -- this is the kind of stuff I forget when I'm setting up a new phone.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

oopsie rock posted:

Oh yeah! Thanks so much -- this is the kind of stuff I forget when I'm setting up a new phone.

You're welcome! I can never remember at first, either, and always have to hunt for it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Occasionally, this happens:

This time, I believe I was returning to the app from something else by using the app switcher. If I swipe Awful away and restart it, it's fine again. Text in an actual thread is unaffected, other than the title at the top of the activity.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

hooah posted:

Occasionally, this happens:

This time, I believe I was returning to the app from something else by using the app switcher. If I swipe Awful away and restart it, it's fine again. Text in an actual thread is unaffected, other than the title at the top of the activity.

That looks like Lux's night mode. Next time it happens, try deactivating night mode from the Lux notification widget.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Prize Loser posted:

That looks like Lux's night mode. Next time it happens, try deactivating night mode from the Lux notification widget.

He's talking about all the letters being scrambled. And yeah this happens to me too every few months, most recently like a week ago. I don't think it is Awful.apk specific as if seen my Nova launcher do the exact same thing.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Sereri posted:

He's talking about all the letters being scrambled. And yeah this happens to me too every few months, most recently like a week ago. I don't think it is Awful.apk specific as if seen my Nova launcher do the exact same thing.

Yeah, I've seen this multiple times including in my launcher, Apex. Probably your phone rather than a specific app.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
I can't believe it's not awful.

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

Sereri posted:

Oh, oops. I didn't even expand the image, so I didn't see anything other than the red hue.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I just updated the app earlier. It let me read a thread but when I went to write a post there was a picture of some brownish cartoon animal face and I had to log in again and when I did, a message saying GLUUUUUUE appeared. Is this.......meant to happen?

I found it unusual that I was being required to log in again actually. I haven't had to do that again in a very long time although I don't update automatically. Between that and that weird cartoon animal that does not look like it belongs I'm understandably suspicious.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Death Zebra posted:

I just updated the app earlier. It let me read a thread but when I went to write a post there was a picture of some brownish cartoon animal face and I had to log in again and when I did, a message saying GLUUUUUUE appeared. Is this.......meant to happen?

I found it unusual that I was being required to log in again actually. I haven't had to do that again in a very long time although I don't update automatically. Between that and that weird cartoon animal that does not look like it belongs I'm understandably suspicious.

That's the login screen. You may have been logged out but browsing the thread if it's not paywalled. Were the word filters up (gently caress, rear end in a top hat, etc)?

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Midjack posted:

That's the login screen. You may have been logged out but browsing the thread if it's not paywalled. Were the word filters up (gently caress, rear end in a top hat, etc)?

Can't tell. The posts I was reading had no swears at all. You're probably right that it was just a re-log in. I was just being paranoid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Why can't you make threads in this app.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Because nobody cares about it enough to actually implement it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sereri posted:

Because nobody cares about it enough to actually implement it.

Why wouldn't you care about one of the most basic features of using a forum along side making posts and looking at the forum.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Because here there are many more posts made in threads than new threads, probably.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why wouldn't you care about one of the most basic features of using a forum along side making posts and looking at the forum.

Because none of the many people who have volunteered their time on developing this app care about it and in fact people caring about it are pretty rare...it hardly ever gets brought up.

In the megathread-centric environment of SA, making threads seems to be pretty rare.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Because none of the many people who have volunteered their time on developing this app care about it and in fact people caring about it are pretty rare...it hardly ever gets brought up.

In the megathread-centric environment of SA, making threads seems to be pretty rare.

I don't like megathreads and I'd prefer to be able to make my own thread when appropriate.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't like megathreads and I'd prefer to be able to make my own thread when appropriate.

You could always make a thread on the mobile version of the forums.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daztek posted:

You could always make a thread on the mobile version of the forums.

Can someone put a button in this app that takes me there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can someone put a button in this app that takes me there?

I think the source is floating around on github, just do it yourself and open a pull request :v: