Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

they spend 2 hours on what was the best music of the year

That's a tough one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably Splatoon for me. Or Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

yeah for me it was hotline undertale and splatoon. i havent played mgs yet so. is cryptomancer really that good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Crypt of the NecroDanceri mean

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's hard to say MGS since 95% of the songs are from past metal gear games or chart topping pop hits of the 80s. The music is really really well used though and Quiet's Theme is powerful

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Jeff is really angry about fallout 4 lol. I can't wait for Brad to try to die on that hill for GOTY

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

Brad suggesting that Mario maker is dissapointing in any way lol

He has a chip on his shoulder about it, whenever someone mentions it on the regular bombcast Brad jumps in to share how shocked he is about the terrible interface and everyone else tells him it's not really that bad. I dunno what his deal is.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Fiction posted:

Jeff is really angry about fallout 4 lol. I can't wait for Brad to try to die on that hill for GOTY

Fallout didn't even make Brad's personal top 10, which is surprising with how hard he argued about it during the most disappointing category

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 29, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Their MGSV music talk reminded me how killer sins of the father is

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Donna Burke is good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i liked drews how to watch formula one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Walrus Pete posted:

The lack of checkpoints and variable power-ups (mushroom if small, flower if big) seemed pretty disappointing to me, but then they patched those in so I'm not sure what's left to complain about. Maybe if I had a Wii-U I'd have something to say about the interface or how the online stuff is put together, but from an outside perspective it seems like it's everything it should be.

Well, being able to make and upload packs of levels that string together like a real Mario game would be really nice. They haven't patched that in right?

:eyepop:

i'd like inclines/slopes for mario 3 but its no big deal

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

yeah for me it was hotline undertale and splatoon. i havent played mgs yet so. is cryptomancer really that good

Good choices, and necrodancer has some really good ones. undertales good songs are boss themes and necrodancer is really short, so Hotline wins in amount and variety imho

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i want to jam with vinny

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Only bad part of Mario maker is you can't lock your game to a single tileset while playing 100 Mario mode

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Run is gaming sonh of 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my favorite part of the splatoon musi is that every song is 3 minutes long and for the last minute the tempo goes nuts because the match is nearing the end. newer maps even have transformations at the final minute so its even cooler.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

my favorite part of the splatoon musi is that every song is 3 minutes long and for the last minute the tempo goes nuts because the match is nearing the end. newer maps even have transformations at the final minute so its even cooler.

i really liked how some songs got intense in pacman cedx too (Pac steps ftw)

before i forget, I'm super disappointed Isaac didnt even get mentioned in that one category that was 2014 games that got significant content in 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

i really liked how some songs got intense in pacman cedx too (Pac steps ftw)

before i forget, I'm super disappointed Isaac didnt even get mentioned in that one category that was 2014 games that got significant content in 2015

they didnt mention shovel knight

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh yeah, plague knight was this year. and also free. wtf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
me: oh cool, i wonder what they think of afterbirth.

giant bomb: Destiny has raids now!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

as a new owner of splatoon i have to agree about teh music.. it's good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

as a new owner of splatoon i have to agree about teh music.. it's good

just wait for a splatfest. the game hosts a pop concert with callie and marie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

me: oh cool, i wonder what they think of afterbirth.

giant bomb: Destiny has raids now!

the only person who played isaac was jeff and he didnt like it because you couldnt shoot in 8 directions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. The music that Brad plays for ori is extremely gay.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol. The music that Brad plays for ori is extremely gay.

is that the one jeff was making fun of when he heard it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

is that the one jeff was making fun of when he heard it

It sounds like something from a 90s Oscar bait movie.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brad likes the worst song in Axiom Verge so much he makes them all listen to the whole thing against protests

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

brad likes the worst song in Axiom Verge so much he makes them all listen to the whole thing against protests

"we heard this song so much we both hate it" "ok. ok. but wait for the singing to come back its really good"

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

hearing them talk about music is extremely cringey

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

He has a chip on his shoulder about it, whenever someone mentions it on the regular bombcast Brad jumps in to share how shocked he is about the terrible interface and everyone else tells him it's not really that bad. I dunno what his deal is.

friday is gonna be really cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

jeff and austin are okay about music and i want to think vinny is but ive heard the songs he likes to play on guitar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

jeff and austin are okay about music and i want to think vinny is but ive heard the songs he likes to play on guitar

hes like 50 and likes old dad stuff, so thats cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My favorite musics of the year are from Dropsy, Undertale, Ubermosh, the remixes in Mario Maker... Not sure which one I'd pick meself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs but i havent actually played the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't played the first three I listed but I bought the soundtrack bubbles of them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bundles*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was gonna start playing dropsy yesterday but hes adding more stuff to the game soon and i decided to wait until then

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

probably my choice for best game song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz82xbLvK_k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol brad defending fallout