Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
4-3 was fine, but how it links to 4-4 just makes me feel that there should be a case in-between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Turnabout Hey, The DS Can Do FMV.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Turnabout Hey, The DS Can Do FMV.

I do not believe your claims. Let's watch the video again to make sure.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I never really liked 4-1, it was a climax before any of the characters other than Phoenix were ever established. Why should I care about Kristoph being the killer, other then it being a twist? If this were the second case maybe, but the way it is, I just don't feel it.

Also I'd say 4-3 is the worst in the series by a decent margin. Ridiculous premise, even for this series, and a villain you never really get much evidence on.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
4-2 was good. Fox yakuza gangster dude was cool and wasn't it the trial with cool fake Trucy kidnapping scene?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Momomo posted:

Also I'd say 4-3 is the worst in the series by a decent margin. Ridiculous premise, even for this series, and a villain you never really get much evidence on.

you seem to have forgotten 2-3 exists friend

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As long as there is a case with a love triangle between two grown-rear end men, one of them in his THIRTIES, and a 15 year old girl, no other case is the worst case.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Grown man killing another grown man by bludgeoning him is more believable then tiny child using a high caliber gun (twice) to kill a large body guard, and then carrying his body up a vertical platform You can argue that this is the law being super stacked against you, but considering characters like Gavin don't even flinch at this, this either doesn't work or makes him a spectacularly lovely person.

2-3 exists but it is not worse than 4-3.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

As long as there is a case with a love triangle between two grown-rear end men, one of them in his THIRTIES, and a 15 year old girl, no other case is the worst case.

Also Moe's testimony.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Junpei Hyde posted:

Also Moe's testimony.

But that was easy though?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really loving hate the circus and then they try to make the killer sympathetic for some reason, even though he tries to murder a young girl for being somewhat naive

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I will say I hated that more then I hated 4-3's killer though. Edgeworth saying they should go easy on Acro was loving ridiculous.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Why was the pepper even in the trunk if Acro was just going to kill her before she opened it anyway

Also it was a love quadrangle because the clown, the ventriloquist, and the trapeze artist were all competing

Even Phoenix pops a boner for her god drat

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Plom Bar posted:

Why was the pepper even in the trunk if Acro was just going to kill her before she opened it anyway

Also it was a love quadrangle because the clown, the ventriloquist, and the trapeze artist were all competing

And a puppet.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

I really loving hate the circus and then they try to make the killer sympathetic for some reason, even though he tries to murder a young girl for being somewhat naive

She crippled him for life and put his brother into a coma

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Momomo posted:

Grown man killing another grown man by bludgeoning him is more believable then tiny child using a high caliber gun (twice) to kill a large body guard, and then carrying his body up a vertical platform You can argue that this is the law being super stacked against you, but considering characters like Gavin don't even flinch at this, this either doesn't work or makes him a spectacularly lovely person.

2-3 exists but it is not worse than 4-3.

You don't understand. 4-3 does not have two literal pedophiles in it, one of which is our goddamn defendant.

Plom Bar posted:

I thought Moe was both married and the only person in the circus who had a grip on reality.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Waffleman_ posted:

You don't understand. 4-3 does not have two literal pedophiles in it, one of which is our goddamn defendant.

Oh god drat it I even forgot about him

Five! Five grown men tripping over themselves for a teenage girl!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Now hold on Moe is definitely not embroiled in the Regina mess.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Moe is the least pedophilic member of the circus who is also not a murderer or dead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In west Clownadelphia, born and raised...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Technically the coma dude was around the same age so he's not a pedophile.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

She crippled him for life and put his brother into a coma

Nice motive, still murder.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Nice motive, still murder.

The Phoenix Wright world would be a better place if Acro was on target

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Suspicious Cook posted:

I do not believe your claims. Let's watch the video again to make sure.

You are now in contempt of court and must leave.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Momomo posted:

I never really liked 4-1, it was a climax before any of the characters other than Phoenix were ever established. Why should I care about Kristoph being the killer, other then it being a twist? If this were the second case maybe, but the way it is, I just don't feel it.

I agree. Apollo should have gotten his own version of The First Turnabout that introduces the characters, with Kristoph set up as a Mia analogy. And then, boom, he's the murderer in Case 2.

As it was, it was too abrupt.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's true because without the cloak involved Moe would have been a better witness, Acro would have been arrested, and 2-3 would not exist.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just kidding Moe would have testified that Max sawed himself in half and then flew away.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's not cool to murder a 15 year old kid imo.

Anyway in this talk about bad cases my least favourite is still 4-4 because the final day is literally only one testimony and that's really bad and dumb.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

jfc how long is 1-5?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
At least Acro admits that it was lovely and is remorseful that his revenge killed the man he respected most and that it was almost pinned on Max. That's a whole lot more loving contrition than anyone else in this goddam series except probably Godot.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not cool to murder a 15 year old kid imo.

Anyway in this talk about bad cases my least favourite is still 4-4 because the final day is literally only one testimony and that's really bad and dumb.

I remember someone explaining it as "Apollo submits one piece of evidence, and then Phoenix and Gavin talk for the rest of the case" and thought they'd have to be exaggerating. Boy, was I wrong.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Geniasis posted:

At least Acro admits that it was lovely and is remorseful that his revenge killed the man he respected most and that it was almost pinned on Max. That's a whole lot more loving contrition than anyone else in this goddam series except probably Godot.

Mob lady from 1-3 is pretty sorry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

shrike82 posted:

jfc how long is 1-5?

I'd say about a third to a half the length of the previous 4 cases. It's a monster.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Godot is overrated.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lurdiak posted:

Oh yeah. I always forget about her.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

shrike82 posted:

jfc how long is 1-5?

Really long. It's a really weird case in that it adheres to the 3-day cases that only AA1 uses but it was written after AA3, so each day is about as long as the days in the later cases of that game.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

And a puppet.

Hey now, Trilo just had wood! :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Momomo posted:

I remember someone explaining it as "Apollo submits one piece of evidence, and then Phoenix and Gavin talk for the rest of the case" and thought they'd have to be exaggerating. Boy, was I wrong.

Case 4 of AJ is supremely bad. And day 1 starts off pretty good as well. :(

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
My favorite part of AJ's ending is how Klavier and the judge talk about law and Apollo openly admits he doesn't know what to say, ensuring that the player fully understands the new protagonist's character went nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lurdiak posted:

She also hid the fact and tried to have Phoenix whacked, though.

• Locked thread