Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

I actually forgot that I saw that film in the cinema. It made perhaps the smallest impression on me that any film has ever made.

I think Eva Green was in it.

No, you're thinking of 300 2.

(I'm sure she was in both)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Snak posted:

No, you're thinking of 300 2.

(I'm sure she was in both)

Oh my god I saw 300 2 as well. :psyduck: What's happening to my mind did 2014 really happen?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

Oh my god I saw 300 2 as well. :psyduck: What's happening to my mind did 2014 really happen?

You're thinking of 2013 2.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She was in both. And both were lovely.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

well, Goodnight Mommy was certainly very upsetting, although i'm not sure to what end

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

well, Goodnight Mommy was certainly very upsetting, although i'm not sure to what end

It was very handsomely shot and fairly good overall I guess, but it just felt completely superfluous in a year with The Visit in it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

It was very handsomely shot and fairly good overall I guess, but it just felt completely superfluous in a year with The Visit in it

hm, the Visit, i dunno if i know that one

*googles it, finds out its an M. Night Shyamalan found footage movie*

:cripes:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
You know exactly what subforum you're in; if you feel disappointed or betrayed, you have only yourself to blame

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

You know exactly what subforum you're in; if you feel disappointed or betrayed, you have only yourself to blame

i dunno i'm pretty sure i can continue to blame you

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

It's very Austrian.

Jenny Angel posted:

Coincidentally, The Midnight Swim reminds me most of The Visit but even better.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The only good thing in Sin City 2 is Christopher Lloyd's one-scene cameo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Glamorama26 posted:

I wonder if it had to do with his increasing budgets, he seemed to work well within limits and once those limits were removed, his dumbass excesses were easier to indulge.

Although, I did find that Sin City held up ok for me. There's a lot of dumb stuff in it, but Marv's story is so energetic that I got sucked into it all again. Bruce Willis' story fell flat for me on the 2nd go around though.

blasphemy

that yellow bastard is the best sin city story

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

yo on the list of found footage movies i have no desire to see, m night's is right at the top

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i mean im gonna if only so i can criticize it properly but like man

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I used to like Birth.Movies.Death or Badass Digest because it was a cool catch-all movie site with a lot of different opinions on things. You get one guy praising one movie, another guy hating it, and some interesting think pieces in between. Lately though, if Devin doesn't like a movie, the whole site doesn't like a movie. It's really dull.

Like, anyone on the comments section who disagrees gets poo poo on by everyone, while Devin gets full praise on how good of an article it was.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Literally The Worst posted:

blasphemy

that yellow bastard is the best sin city story

It probably is the better story, but Mickey Rourke's just on fire as Marv. I also dig Elijah Wood's turn a lot and think the visual style really compliments that particular story.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Glamorama26 posted:

It probably is the better story, but Mickey Rourke's just on fire as Marv. I also dig Elijah Wood's turn a lot and think the visual style really compliments that particular story.

i no poo poo think "an old man dies, a young woman lives. fair trade" is like, top ten sequences in comics so that's a big part of it

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Ohhhhh that is a good line. Willis' delivery is appropriately relaxed/haggard when he says it too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ya got a bum ticker.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ya can't even lift that cannon you carry.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I took his weapons away.

Both of them.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

I know a little German, he's sitting over there.

Oh wait...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
there's a reason i own exactly one sin city trade and it's That Yellow Bastard

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dunno how many more "Trump may be bad but I'll take him over Shillary" posts I can read before my heart gives out.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Literally The Worst posted:

yo on the list of found footage movies i have no desire to see, m night's is right at the top

The Visit is way better than "M. Night's found footage" has any right to be.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I dunno how many more "Trump may be bad but I'll take him over Shillary" posts I can read before my heart gives out.

don't you live in Canada? i'm able to vote in this election and even i'm not paying attention to it

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Cut these people out of your life.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This year my Facebook feed pretty much unanimously agreed that Cameron is a slimy oval office. *Sigh* Just another 70 years of Conservative rule until everyone involved is dead and we can start over.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

don't you live in Canada? i'm able to vote in this election and even i'm not paying attention to it

Yeah but I'm a big dumb idiot and I care about the fate of the world in general.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Cut these people out of your life.

They're just random rear end strangers. :sigh:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Glamorama26 posted:

I know a little German, he's sitting over there.

Oh wait...

On that note, Top Secret! is one of the funniest movies ever made and probably the best movie parody. I just love how it manages to spoof WWII movies and Elvis movies at the same time.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but I'm a big dumb idiot and I care about the fate of the world in general.

eh, the fate of the world in general is it's going to be bereft of human life within the next hundred years, i wouldn't sweat it

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Power of Pecota posted:

I feel weird spoilering this, but I'd give Carnage a lot of credit for one of the best vomiting scenes in movies, right up there with Robert Rodriguez's Misbehavers segment of Four Rooms.

The best vomit scene belongs to Henry Fool.

Lurdiak posted:

Hillary Clinton sucks, but I'd still pick her over an actual white supremacist.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i do like that it's taking Trump of all things to get some liberals to face up to what a scumbag Bill Clinton was

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

My favorite are the ones that claim that Trump is going to run to the left of Clinton because he made incredibly vague statements paying lip service to some leftist ideas before trotting out his actual, nearly universally far-right, proposals

And yeah holy poo poo The Midnight Swim is the real deal. First impression is that it sits right below Sicario and right above The Nightmare on my end-of-year rankings, but I get the feeling that might change as I ruminate on it more

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CelticPredator posted:

Sin City 2 is on par with Attack of the Clones with how boring it is. Visually too.

I think the odd decision to cram Marv into literally every story no matter if he fits there or not was one of the worst things about it. That and the fact that despite being made by the same people and actually having a slightly higher budget it somehow felt like a lazy rushed mockbuster of the original.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i do like that it's taking Trump of all things to get some liberals to face up to what a scumbag Bill Clinton was

Who cares he was a rad president

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All presidents are horrible people because you don't get to be a president without being a horrible person.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

Who cares he was a rad president

i liked the time he personally presided over the execution of a brain-damaged convict to show how tough on crime he was

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's Donald Trump's fault we don't have football in the spring, so gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i liked the time he personally presided over the execution of a brain-damaged convict to show how tough on crime he was

I'm a huge fan of him dismantling the social safety net.

• Locked thread