Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

You'll always find some set of goons who will wholeheartedly recommend literally any given game on Steam so this thread/forum can be a bit iffy for game recommendations.

I'm pretty sure that even Freak Futanari will only ironically reccomend the Sakura series of games, so you're safe for Visual Novel recommendations at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The way I see it is Van Helsing Final Cut is a little bit more then Grim Dawn, but it's three entire games smashed together.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jamfrost posted:

Just reminded me, is The Long Dark good?

It's probably the most played (certainly the most discussed) game over at The Survival Simulation thread. There's very little to do at the moment but explore poo poo and try to survive, but it does that very well. Plus the art style is fantastic IMO

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol fuckin Humble Bundle. In my inbox: ALSO ON SALE - XCOM 2!!!!!!

They mean the classical definition of it. As in, "for sale."

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ookiimarukochan posted:

I'm pretty sure that even Freak Futanari will only ironically reccomend the Sakura series of games, so you're safe for Visual Novel recommendations at least!

one can never have too many waifus :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The White Dragon posted:

lol fuckin Humble Bundle. In my inbox: ALSO ON SALE - XCOM 2!!!!!!

They mean the classical definition of it. As in, "for sale."

gently caress HUmble, man. They're bastards these days.

It's $39 bucks at funstock

coupon code:
DEC-COUPAW-SMART5z

That link is from istheranydeal, so I'm leaving their referral info in in case someone buys it.

$39 bucks is pretty loving tempting given it's a $60 game. I know it's bad to preorder poo poo, but...

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Excelzior posted:

one can never have too many waifus :colbert:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Funstock managed to dramatically gently caress up their release of COD3 and Fallout 4 so a word of caution if you're planning on buying from them. I suspect that's why they've had a bunch of too-good-to-be-true deals recently, they're trying to regain some of that goodwill they lost.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Steam posted:

Princess Evangile All Ages Version

This romance visual novel explores the question of gender integration at a private school. A curious series of events leads to our hero becoming the only boy at a prestigious girls' academy... But over 99% of the girls are against integration!

Finally a VN that's not afraid to challenge contemporary gender issues.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Zombie Samurai posted:

Yes, if you like looting and taking long, scary walks in the snow. Have a review.
Gave you a thumbs.

Away all Goats posted:

It's probably the most played (certainly the most discussed) game over at The Survival Simulation thread. There's very little to do at the moment but explore poo poo and try to survive, but it does that very well. Plus the art style is fantastic IMO
Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on it now.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ookiimarukochan posted:

No, most of the Sakura games are unironically good, especially Sakura Santa.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Freak Futanari posted:

He is lying to everyone here and he should not be trusted.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Freak Futanari posted:

Give someone the gift of panty shots this holiday season!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

was 'Space Rangers HD: A War Apart' the space rangers game to buy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Davincie posted:

was 'Space Rangers HD: A War Apart' the space rangers game to buy

Yes. It contains all of sr2 plus some more stuff. HD is misleading tho cause at high resolution it'll be impossible to read any text. Widescreen support is appreciated though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thanks, bought

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

corn in the bible posted:

it's FAERY which is apparently literally unfinished so i may return it
It's the first part of a game series that didn't sell enough to become a series, so while it doesn't just end on a cliffhanger you only get to finish the first chapter.
I kind of liked the ideas they had for the different locales and creature designs but literally nothing about the story, characters, quest design or gameplay is particularly interesting. I'd get that refund.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Davincie posted:

thanks, bought

Cool, let us know what you think of Sakura Santa

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i got a notification about comments on one of my reviews today and

??!?!???!???

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

??!?!???!???

There's a story here and there is incest involved.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Jamfrost posted:

Gave you a thumbs.

THUMBS FOR THE THUMB GOD

quote:

Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on it now.

Worth noting that it's just a sandbox sim now, but they're going to add a full story mode to it. They put out a trailer recently that looks really interesting... way more like The Road or This War of Mine than I was expecting.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ekster posted:

Finally a VN that's not afraid to challenge contemporary gender issues.

I'm from the 1950's and this is a major issue.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

They don't ship to Canada :(

The only key I see online is like $33 Canadian which is a touch rich for my blood for that game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

??!?!???!???

Oh Lato.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

me irl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Slur posted:

He is lying to everyone here and he should not be trusted.

i can't believe freak futa was playing us like a drat fiddle the whole time

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

??!?!???!???

Wow, people are still really mad about the crusader kings 2 aztec dlc

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I actually enjoyed that game the most out of all the Sims games I've played, and I'm sad they never really expanded on it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

crow feathers @crowfethrs
Dec 29
yet more proof that read only memories was made by pro-christians. you can't pick halal as your cuisine of choice

Read Only Memories

@ROM2064
Dec 29

@crowfethrs We absolutely should add halal as a cuisine of choice!! We'll add that now for the next patch! can't stop christmas tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i can't believe freak futa was playing us like a drat fiddle the whole time

Freak Futa...

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

crow feathers @crowfethrs
Dec 29
yet more proof that read only memories was made by pro-christians. you can't pick halal as your cuisine of choice

Read Only Memories

@ROM2064
Dec 29

@crowfethrs We absolutely should add halal as a cuisine of choice!! We'll add that now for the next patch! can't stop christmas tho

You are encouraging meaningful social change. A true hero of our times.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
gently caress the Voltage quest in Dying Light I guess the only way to do that piece of poo poo is to make a bajillion Molotovs and spam them.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Is there a single soul out there who doesn't already own Left 4 Dead 2? I ordered a Steam Link and got a free copy if someone wants it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

gently caress the Voltage quest in Dying Light I guess the only way to do that piece of poo poo is to make a bajillion Molotovs and spam them.

I don't know if you mean the same quest I'm thinking of (night, fenced in yard with patrolling volatiles, tons of zombies, a maze) but you can climb on top of the transformers in the yard.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Zombie Samurai posted:

Worth noting that it's just a sandbox sim now, but they're going to add a full story mode to it. They put out a trailer recently that looks really interesting... way more like The Road or This War of Mine than I was expecting.

Oh man. Hopefully it doesn't break my heart as much as This War of Mine, but I'm digging it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

you could've just gone there like a few minutes before night and avoided all the difficulty with that quest

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

I don't know if you mean the same quest I'm thinking of (night, fenced in yard with patrolling volatiles, tons of zombies, a maze) but you can climb on top of the transformers in the yard.

Yeah it's not so bad once you know that.

The nasty one is the bridge

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Rookersh posted:

Check spudsbuckley's posting history before you follow him 100% into that long dark. Not to say he's wrong ( I love Grim Dawn ), but he has a very specific set of opinions that 90% of the time do not tie into the opinion track of this thread.

Awesome! posted:

i also said the trick was figuring out who to listen to and rookersh seems to have done that

now its up to blackadder to make his choice

Haha, thanks you guys, but no worries, I already picked it up in a trade this morning.

Actually I traded Onimusha 3 + Clive Barker's Jericho for Shadows of Mordor + Grim Dawn + Van Helsing II. All I need now is Van Helsing III and I can get Final Cut, then WAR MACHINE!

Wreath of Barbs posted:

Is there a single soul out there who doesn't already own Left 4 Dead 2? I ordered a Steam Link and got a free copy if someone wants it.

I never bothered to pick it up as I'm not big into Co-op, does it have a single player campaign?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

-Blackadder- posted:

I never bothered to pick it up as I'm not big into Co-op, does it have a single player campaign?

There's no SP campaign, it's all multiplayer - whether you play alongside real people or bots.

• Locked thread