Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
i got these keys from orlygift and humble bundles past, take these shits away from me:

Commander Cool 2: 63EFZ-VAC0R-T8V35
Damned Nation Reborn: JZXQ8-JHI59-KR92L
Faron's Fate: B82Z7-XWX3F-ZMN3M
Faron's Fate OST: A2NPX-FEZXA-IWNY5
The Last NightMary: 68XKJ-PBTAC-4I04X
Neon Struct Deluxe Edition: FNR8T-R3WXD-GPCN6
Onikira: 0VPH9-R4TI7-QA29P
Onikira OST: 3GCK0-IGVFF-PTBPR
Rogus: Kingdom of the Lost Souls: P8GEQ-3RK06-FKFK9
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition: J2I5I-8334Z-KBKPR
Supreme League of Patriots: CJIQP-LIQ6P-YA2IH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

they've added 2 new weapon types and a bunch of maps and clothes since launch, it's very good

same with mgsv

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bylaaaaaaaat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the shadowrun hong kong campaign reminds me a bit of like tng. right now im basically at the nerd planet hunting down a monster probably of their creation

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mgsv was so good the lead designer was dismissed under intense public scrutiny and resulted in a company restructuring/strategy shift

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
mgsv was so good that konami realized they were holding kojima back

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

we ought to rally the troops and play splat as a family now that you can do friend lobbies

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

ayn rand hand job posted:

ive had a few drinks

tbh that was the premise of ac2 and he p much did that after 2

here be ye modern day stories following 2

ac2: desmond basically goes and relives ezios life so he can become a competent assassin. he p much does so, but at the end of 2 junos all like hey ezio I got a message for some dude named desmond who will see these memories in like 500 years

ac: brotherhood desmond continues to relive ezios life to figure out what happened to the pieces of eden and figure out a way to save the earth from the giant solar flare in december 2012

ac: revelations desmond has spent so much time as ezio that his mind refuses to believe that desmond actually exists, so desmond gets sent to a point where ezios memories will end (read: ezio finally gets laid) and gets a lead on the 2012 disaster

we also learn via geometry platform simulator that desmond was raised in a barn and then drunkenly slept his way to the big city and probably fathered a kid

ac3: desmond et al locate the needed way to save the world in upstate ny, but it's missing a key piece and unpowered. desmond relives the memories of templar grand master haytham kenway and his half-native american son conor

desmond locates the needed items and shoots up and kills a bunch of templars office from the first 2 games in one of the most satisfying payoffs, while conor supports the american revolution, eventually leading to the exile of his people and chattel slavery. eventually he gets drunk and dies in a ditch

ac4: you are a new "researcher" for astergo entertainment, the video game arm that the templars made with ubisoft, investigating the memories of edward kenway, haythams father and pirate. you get blackmailed by the world's worst it guy to do corporate espionage for the assassins

ac rogue: as a result of the ac4 dude, poo poo goes down in your office, and you set off a virus that leads you to investigating memories of an assassin turned templar. you also meet the badass dude who you technically were playing as in the ac2 multiplayer

unity and syndicate are pretty much just researching stuff, this time using consumers of abstergo media, and not employees, since the dude from ac4 ended up dead

wow i just realized i literally forgot to beat the modern-day stuff in ac4

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
wait no i just forgot because it was dumb

christ the mythology of that series is complicated, i forgot all about juno. i mean, come on:

quote:

We've heard of Aita before, specifically in Juno's conversations with Desmond during Assassin's Creed 3. He volunteered as a test subject for Juno's bio-engineering research during the last days of the First Civilisation, during his race's doomed attempts to survive the impending Catastrophe (the solar flare that wiped out the First Civ for good, and left humans as the dominant survivors).

Blackula69 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 29, 2015

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Blackula69 posted:

wait no i just forgot because it was dumb

christ the mythology of that series is complicated, i forgot all about juno. i mean, come on:

This is why the Just Cause school of backstory is the preferred approach. You a guy on island, blow up stuff for good making, none of this 'plot' nonsense

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Here are your buddies, you've got white friend, black friend, lady friend, and Texas Man from the last one. Go shoot things that aren't blue.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maniacdevnull posted:

Here are your buddies, you've got white friend, black friend, lady friend, and Texas Man from the last one. Go shoot things that aren't blue.

he seems to be a lot less like al pacino in Puerto Rican face in this one, which is disappointing

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: 10.5x damage or something means one hit kills on deathclaws now, also sandman bonus for silenced weapons is cool too

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

c chaos reborn s:

so in online mode you can play basic mode, in which everyone is given a random deck of spells, or equipped mode, in which you can equip gear to help steer your strategy towards a given direction. equipment is purchased with gold, which is thankfully not a p2w currency. you either earn it from playing online matches or by playing online realms, which are really neat

basically a realm is a streamlined version of a game of heroes of might and magic, where you're dropped into a world with the goal of killing the wizard king/queen of that realm. the ruler lives in a palace, which is guarded by a magic shield, which you need to take down with a special spell. you travel around the land fighting lesser wizards and monster gangs, recruiting new units to help you in battle, and buying equipment to help you. if you finish the realm, you get to keep any equipment you bought, and any gold you find in the realm carries over when you leave it. you have a limited amount of time to complete the realm, and the longer you take the stronger the king/queen gets

this game is really neat and if you don't mind some heavy rng in your tactical strategy you ought to pick it up before the sale is done

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

c chaos reborn s:

so in online mode you can play basic mode, in which everyone is given a random deck of spells, or equipped mode, in which you can equip gear to help steer your strategy towards a given direction. equipment is purchased with gold, which is thankfully not a p2w currency. you either earn it from playing online matches or by playing online realms, which are really neat

basically a realm is a streamlined version of a game of heroes of might and magic, where you're dropped into a world with the goal of killing the wizard king/queen of that realm. the ruler lives in a palace, which is guarded by a magic shield, which you need to take down with a special spell. you travel around the land fighting lesser wizards and monster gangs, recruiting new units to help you in battle, and buying equipment to help you. if you finish the realm, you get to keep any equipment you bought, and any gold you find in the realm carries over when you leave it. you have a limited amount of time to complete the realm, and the longer you take the stronger the king/queen gets

this game is really neat and if you don't mind some heavy rng in your tactical strategy you ought to pick it up before the sale is done

did you ever play the old microprose magic the gathering game? because it's starting to sound like that and if so it's a lock for me

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

did you ever play the old microprose magic the gathering game? because it's starting to sound like that and if so it's a lock for me

i did not. it is however based on chaos: the battle of the wizards, a 1985 zx spectrum game that owns owns owns

seriously it's :10bux: just buy the drat thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
f4llout questions

I'm level 10, what should I be doing now? I've reached diamond city and done a couple of sidequests. about half the things I run into wandering around can kill me, although I managed to scrape through trinity tower with a lot of savescumming and getting trapped in the elevator twice (once by bad scripting, once by dogmeat somehow closing the door before I could get out and sending it back downstairs).

is it really important to put a bunch of decorative crap in a settlement? I don't have much that's functional unlocked and I don't think I really have a handle on what building one up will do for my character, plus I'd rather be wandering around discovering stuff than constructing

"miscellaneous" quests are a radiant system and there's an infinite supply of them, right?

who's the best companion? dogmeat is fun but I found a super mutant who seems way stronger in combat than me. the newspaper lady also wants to go adventuring

where do I get a personal set of power armor or do I have to do more main questline first? I had to abandon the one from the concord mission because I have no idea where to get a replacement fusion core

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 29, 2015

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

f4llout questions

I'm level 10, what should I be doing now? I've reached diamond city and done a couple of sidequests. about half the things I run into wandering around can kill me, although I managed to scrape through trinity tower with a lot of savescumming and getting trapped in the elevator twice (once by bad scripting, once by dogmeat somehow closing the door before I could get out and sending it back downstairs).

is it really important to put a bunch of decorative crap in a settlement? I don't have much that's functional unlocked and I don't think I really have a handle on what building one up will do for my character, plus I'd rather be wandering around discovering stuff than constructing

"miscellaneous" quests are a radiant system and there's an infinite supply of them, right?

who's the best companion? dogmeat is fun but I also found a super mutant who seems way stronger in combat than me

where do I get a personal set of power armor or do I have to do more main questline first? I had to abandon the one from the concord mission because I have no idea where to get a replacement fusion core

level 10 go explore the central and northwestern bits of the map. the most dangerous parts of the map are the southwest and the northeast, followed by boston, so everything else is relatively safe

settlements are completely optional, and decorations do nothing besides look pretty. you can do as much or as little as you want

yeah, if the quest logo is vault boy giving a thumbs up that quest is radiant and you can safely ignore it because its infinite

there is no "best" companion, they all have their own strengths. dogmeat is :3: as hell though

power armor spawns in a number of places, you can look up spoiler maps if you want. raider camps also have a chance of spawning raiders with power armor, and if you do the brotherhood questline you'll get a new suit eventually

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

haveblue posted:

f4llout questions

I'm level 10, what should I be doing now?

Getting bored, booting up Rocket League.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

at the date posted:

Getting bored, booting up Rocket League.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
already did that back when rocket league first came out

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

f4llout questions

who's the best companion? dogmeat is fun but I found a super mutant who seems way stronger in combat than me. the newspaper lady also wants to go adventuring

power armor is everywhere but military installations are a good place to check. if you're doing a stealth build power armor is kind of pointless cause the goal of stealth is to not take damage, but you can still do it if you really want.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

pro driving music for today, made the trip to ikea and back fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvRfgAsBpjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmqd6eNXY2Q

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
super hang-on has some stutter beat electronica going on years ahead of its time :eyepop:

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

haveblue posted:

f4llout questions

wow that's a lot of questions spending a mere 70 hours in the game would answer right up.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Notorious QIG posted:

settlements are completely optional, and decorations do nothing besides look pretty. you can do as much or as little as you want

having wasted like 3 hours to unlock the 100 happiness achievement, i can say decorations do help, but you need a lot of them, and they only help a little

that said unless you're going for the achievement there is zero reason to care about happiness. you don't get more settlers, you don't get better prices at shops or better crop yields or anything. named npcs will randomly complain if the number is low but that's about it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's really interesting to listen to giant bombs game of the year stuff because it's an interesting peek into why mediocrity reigns in these kind of awards

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

cgs: bought defense grid 2 on ps4 and i'm having a lot of fun with it. also, it dropped ELEVEN loving trophies on me for beating the first mission, lmao

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

lets just take a moment to appreciate the opening movies to the dynasty warriors games

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

but seriously dg2 is 5€ on the EU psn so buy it if you want to pay money for a future ps+ game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what differences are there between companions other than "this guy can pick locks and this one can't, this guy can wear armor but this guy can't"

do they have weapon proficiencies at all

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Katana Gomai posted:

cgs: bought defense grid 2 on ps4 and i'm having a lot of fun with it. also, it dropped ELEVEN loving trophies on me for beating the first mission, lmao

console games are for children

yospos games ghetto is for pc games you should know this

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

console games are for children

yospos games ghetto is for pc games you should know this

dg2 is a pc game as well and I'm sure gaben would have bestowed me with some steam trading cards on top of those achis

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

f4llout questions

do missions that are a bit more north, other than that maybe adjust your loadoutif you keep getting hosed

dgaf about settlements too much, just put beds, plants, water pumps, turrets, and cat paintings up everywhere. you do need to make a settlement beacon to get new settlers to come though

they're all generally fine, though some are more useful than others like one can hack. some will also say stuff when you're in certain areas, doing a mission, or may talk to other npcs in the background. just try swapping them from time to time and give them funny outfits to wear if you can

go back and get the poet armor if you want it you'll find fusion cores here and there and you should have extras by now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Katana Gomai posted:

dg2 is a pc game as well and I'm sure gaben would have bestowed me with some steam trading cards on top of those achis

then you are absolved my childe

go and sin no more

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Al! posted:

it's really interesting to listen to giant bombs game of the year stuff because it's an interesting peek into why mediocrity reigns in these kind of awards

iirc, they're on record that the reason they record and publish their deliberations is specifically to document how bullshit committee GOTYs are

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cSaGas: unlimited saga is somehow worse than i could have expected, luckily it was like $8 maybe ill warm up to it later
romancing saga has Sif so its automatically cool and also good

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
https://vine.co/v/iAjjPd5pLjV

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

oh my god that's

that's perfect

• Locked thread