Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
At least Ninninger decided to just reveal Kyuuemon's true identity instead of dragging it out for a few more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
The Helheim filter and foliage was more effective than it really should've been. The only time the facade failed was when they tried to film in that clearing instead of in the forest.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Reds posted:

The Helheim filter and foliage was more effective than it really should've been. The only time the facade failed was when they tried to film in that clearing instead of in the forest.

the clearing was how I recognized it as Helheim because they basically end up fighting with in the Throne room.

Blaze Dragon posted:

"gently caress Ninninger" was my reaction to it as well, but the three Akaningers might not be all Takaharu, but rather grandpa, dad and son all together as Akaningers. Yoshitaka was always shown with a black and red suit, so it isn't a stretch to say that he might've been the previous Akaninger.

That said, it also basically sets in stone that Takaharu will be the Last Ninja because gently caress everyone that isn't Takaharu, I guess.

The truth of this is that the only time Takaharu wasn't clearly gonna be the Last Ninja was during episodes of like 28-37 or whatever. Because those episodes actually focused on the other members of the team, but by the team we reached these more recent episodes it's gotten to the point where Takaharu is the one translating all of Grandpa's sayings or dueling one on one with Mangetsu (him losing actually surprised me, I was sure he was just going to kill Mangetsu and that would be that) while similar to the first few episodes talking about how Takaharu lives the best.

It's kind of poetic but also obvious that this shift occurred once they started advertising the versus movie; where the main danger of that movie is just 'another Akaninjer'.

to be honest as long as one of those is Ninjadad I can't be too angry about the colors, which is a different thing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah it kinda seemed like for the middle stretch, when they focused on the other members of the team, that they were going to go for a "Every one of them excels in a different area so all of them are worthy to be the Last Ninja" type deal, but these past few episodes have all been "Boy Takaharu sure is the best."

Even the Kyuuemon reveal doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. So he wasn't actually who we thought he was. Well...so? He's still a villain so nothing has really changed ultimately, and in fact I think this makes him less interesting as a villain...at least in a show where they had used him properly. He could have been a cautionary tale to the team: "Don't get too caught up in wanting to be stronger, or you could fall to evil like Kyuuemon did." They almost tried to do that with Kinji but it took one episode to resolve and then he got a new super form he used all of once before he just started giving the Red Hot Sword to the others all the time. Kyuuemon's "Nope actually I wasn't a student who fell to evil I was a bad guy all along" is boring. This also means Grandpa has no reason to feel regret anymore because he didn't actually fail in his role as a teacher.

Man, Ninninger is bad.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKnOXbXj6ww

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Kyuuemon only mattered when he was interacting with characters that were developed. None of the bad guys except him were allowed to actually be characters, they were basically patsies for him to manipulate and show off how cool he was, except for Mangetsu, who was an actual character, but he also jsut died so whoops.

If there wasn't this whole thing about stealing Tsumiji's powers Kyuuemon would be a wet fart of a villain too because there wouldn't be any kind of emotional connection; he would be a bad guy because he was always a bad guy, and they would beat him up because they beat up bad guys, and it just wouldn't really be interesting.

This is where ToQger and Ninninger differ; ToQger wasn't afraid to put it's villains in the spotlight and actually interact with each other and develop personalities and motivations, and it could deal with a kind of weird message and over focus on Red because of that- that's why the absolute worst episodes are the filler where the Shadowline doesn't show up at all.-, while Nininger seemed to want to carry the entire series on Takaharu's journey but failed because he couldn't even really sell the idea he cares too much about his Dad having his powers stolen; all of the care for that falls to Fuuka, Kasumi, and Yakumo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

WHAT

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kyuuemon secretly being related to Gengetsu all along!! really does make him less interesting, since there is absolutely nothing interesting about Gengetsu at all.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
the next sentais are zoobilee zoo-ranger, they're four furries (zyumen from zyuland) who kidnap a zoologist so they can become superheros and fight DEATHGALIENS

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I knew that much, but I didn't realize they were going to be actual furries. :catstare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh so this is Animal Crossing Story Mode.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so are we callin it furryranger or yiffranger

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh man, this is just gonna make it all the more disappointing when the Power Rangers version makes them all humans.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

so are we callin it furryranger or yiffranger

Furry Sentai Minecraftger.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dexie posted:

Furry Sentai Minecraftger.

minecraft sentai zooranger it is

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh man, this is just gonna make it all the more disappointing when the Power Rangers version makes them all humans.

i mean it looks like they're all going to have human forms too buut yeah

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There's a quick shot in the trailer showing their human forms they'll probably be in most of the time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

There's a quick shot in the trailer showing their human forms they'll probably be in most of the time.

I don't know if that dissapoints me or not. Do I want more furries or less I don't know

Waffleman_ posted:

Be fair- Kruger just got made into a lizard dog man instead of a plushy dog man.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd imagine PR would do something similar but never really show them in their animal form (the heads and gloves together). They'd basically skip to the part where they have human forms but still have their behaviors show up from time to time or comedic effect. I'd rather PR not drop it altogether though since that would be a little disappointing, but that's also a possibility. Also a possibility of making Red a bird person alongside the others being animal people.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Burkion posted:

Be fair- Kruger just got made into a lizard dog man instead of a plushy dog man.

A lizard dog man that was capable of actual expression I might add.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Actually wait yeah Kyuuemon being Gengetsu's son is basically the turd on the poo poo sundae for Ninninger.

...how'd toy sales go this year?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

I don't know if that dissapoints me or not. Do I want more furries or less I don't know

They replaced torrin with an abomination unto man and god

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Saban doesn't give a gently caress, they just know colored costumes and the Mighty Morphin theme sells.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJQScUya8Q

:swoon:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh man, Ghost Gaim is my new favorite form ever.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Burkion posted:

Yes, but what about the Geki Juken Kensei?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

Yes, but what about the Geki Juken Kensei?

They inexplicably brought those suits over eventually

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Burkion posted:

They inexplicably brought those suits over eventually

They used them for like one scene against 'Dai Shi', who was using the Long costume if I remember right, then Dai Shi knocked them all over and they turned back into normal.

the actual good thing from Jungle Fury that was brand new were the Spirit Rangers. I loved those costumes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

wut

also got the Shout Factory Zyuranger set for Christmas, and so far it's pretty good, up to episode 5, and it's surprising that they haven't gotten to Daizyujin yet, also Dora Sphinx is rather interesting(the amount of emphasis on his human form leads me to assume it's played by some celebrity, if so does anyone have more info), and Bandora is an amazingly petty villain(it's interesting that she manages to both be more of a threat compared to Rita, but is much goofier too)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just gonna leave this here before watching the newest Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi9PRgjzNbM

This one is also good and feature Micchy getting slapped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GvuycQqx38

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
mai slapping micchie to rhythm heaven music would have improved Gaim, even if it is your favorite I'm sure you agree

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

mai slapping micchie to rhythm heaven music would have improved Gaim, even if it is your favorite I'm sure you agree

especially if it's your favorite

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I have been enjoying Ghost. It had a slow start, but it's really picked up the past few episodes. It's a good show! It's not GREAT, but it's good!

That being said, this week's episode has me feeling salty as hell because come on guys, resetting the clock on Takeru's time limit? Really? That's pretty freaking dumb.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I can't get mad at The timer reset when his new weapon, THE SUNGLASSLASHER is perfect in every way.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I can't wait to see if the glasses actually do anything.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

I can't wait to see if the glasses actually do anything.

They do. Takeru can put an Eyecon in each eye, to use the Omega Shine and Omega Flash finishers, which become MEGA OMEGA if he's using the Toucon Boost and Ore Eyecons.

Also Ghost has definitely become better and I'm enjoying watching it. I'm quite surprised, considering the terrible start. Now if only Ninninger got a bit better for the ending so I would have something to remember it by apart from having Kasumi...

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I think Ghost will be good but I also think that 11 is gonna end up being one of the stand out episodes of the entire series.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

11 is a drat good piece of toku in general.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
yknow, I think I can forgive the time reset.

takeru was in kind of an abstract peril, and even the characters themselves thought gramps might just be full of poo poo. well, at least when they were trying to find a slim little bit of hope to hold on to after all other hope was lost. (yeah i admit, that scene where onari marks the last day and then goes off to cry made me a lil sad :smith:). now we know exactly what takeru is up against and what will happen if he fails.

plus a mentor figure used a similar lie to manipulate the player character into accomplishing a needed goal in a game i liked, so i was always thinking that's how it would go here.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
It's actually a really hard thing to do in a serialised show.
We've finished our first arc and returned to our status quo from the start of the show, but none of the character growth we've seen has been invalidated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
His transformation sequence was amazing this time. 11 and 12 have been pretty drat good.

It's no Gavan, which, has been completely crazy amazing in the same amount of episodes, but it's still starting to grow into its own.

• Locked thread