Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I believe the term GRRM used for that character's penis was "pink mast"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I'm watching Bava's Kill Baby...Kill and having broccoli cheese soup and an IPA also I just realized I am disgusting.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How is it only 11pm it feels so loving late.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Glamorama26 posted:

I'm watching Bava's Kill Baby...Kill and having broccoli cheese soup and an IPA also I just realized I am disgusting.

Hey at least you're not as disgusting as George Rail Road Martin since you've certainly never described anyone as having a pink mast.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm writing a script about a 23 year old manchild who has to get a drivers license and his teacher is a super uptight adult and then the military chases them because they have an alien thing in their trunk. Basically the plot of Repo Man but I don't care.

I need to make something quick or i will die inside.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

zVxTeflon posted:

The seasons get progressivly worse since they ran out of source material have have to make up everything on their own now

Seasons 3 and 4 were good. It's the fifth that was a stinker.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Literally The Worst posted:

this actually makes me like it less because if the point is to shoot it like a regular movie why not just shoot it like a regular movie and not bother with the conceit that it's being filmed by a character

The found footage form excels at grounding a film in a specific character's emotional perspective, e.g. a character whose emotional perspective includes a number of filmic affectations as coping mechanisms, hope this helps, my gentle friend Dickeye

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i gave up on watching the visit and now im just watching angry video game nerd, because he makes good videos, and not bad ones

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The alien might be a cute ET type or something that gives people space aids.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Hey at least you're not as disgusting as George Rail Road Martin since you've certainly never described anyone as having a pink mast.

Sure, sure I haven't.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

The alien might be a cute ET type or something that gives people space aids.

make the aliens dick light up and give out the aids

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I'm watching Fury Road again because it's dope as gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

The found footage form excels at grounding a film in a specific character's emotional perspective, e.g. a character whose emotional perspective includes a number of filmic affectations as coping mechanisms, hope this helps, my gentle friend Dickeye

nope sorry its fuckin retarded idiot bullshit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

zVxTeflon posted:

make the aliens dick light up and give out the aids

ooh. Done.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I just finished Carnival of Souls ('62) and I'm smoking a newport and thinking about how weird and dope that movie is.

Gonna eat some corn flakes my roommate got from the food pantry and find a David Lynch film to watch. Suggestions? (I've seen all of them)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lost Highway feels like the right pairing with all that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Shut up we're not talking about sandwiches we're talking about Samwell getting stanky on his hangdown.

Oh, I thought we were talking about me making and eating a sandwich.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Mayo is probably the best condiment ever invented.

That makes me sound really fat.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Now I want a sandwich

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

i gave up on watching the visit and now im just watching angry video game nerd, because he makes good videos, and not bad ones

Actually he had made some pretty bad ones.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Blake's Mystery Man does kindof look a lot like the mystery man from Carnival of Souls...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

I used to not care for the stuff at all, but I've found I can enjoy it in some burgers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axleblaze posted:

Actually he had made some pretty bad ones.

most of his stuff is at least put together well

unlike m night's poo poo

fake edit you're probably talking about his movies, which i give zero shits about, i just like his reviews

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Earlier today I made a ham sandwich with a big thick slice of leftover Christmas ham on some Texas toast with mayo. It was awesome.

Edit: I grilled the ham in a skillet to heat it up, I'm not a heathen.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

most of his stuff is at least put together well

unlike m night's poo poo

fake edit you're probably talking about his movies, which i give zero shits about, i just like his reviews

I haven't watched his movies. I think he's best when he's just a guy reviewing stuff with no gimmick. Even then he sometimes kind of sucks at explaining stuff, but it's always better than the randomized expletives and making GBS threads in Bugs Bunny's face or whatever. Almost anytime another character shows up its gonna be pretty bad.

Board James is pretty cool, though the video he put out recently explaining the lore of the whole thing made me like it a little less.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Snak posted:

gently caress you no it's not

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ketchup is the best condiment

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Josh Lyman posted:

As long as it is nowhere near a hot dog.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The Big Short was weird, I liked it. The appearances of Margot Robbie, Anthony Bourdain, and Selena Gomez somehow all caught me off guard in a really good way.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

I'd probably take me and my family's lives if ketchup supplies ran out. A world without ketchup? That just isn't living.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

axleblaze posted:

I haven't watched his movies. I think he's best when he's just a guy reviewing stuff with no gimmick. Even then he sometimes kind of sucks at explaining stuff, but it's always better than the randomized expletives and making GBS threads in Bugs Bunny's face or whatever. Almost anytime another character shows up its gonna be pretty bad.

Board James is pretty cool, though the video he put out recently explaining the lore of the whole thing made me like it a little less.

what about the 30 minute episode where a Mr Bucket trys to suck his balls

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Where's the love for barbecue sauce and sriracha in this den of snakes

Also British ketchup is just vinegary tomato water and shouldn't be allowed near anyone's food

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

zVxTeflon posted:

what about the 30 minute episode where a Mr Bucket trys to suck his balls

Still unfortunately somehow better than the attempts at story in AVGN but yeah that was pretty awful.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Glamorama26 posted:

I'd probably take me and my family's lives if ketchup supplies ran out. A world without ketchup? That just isn't living.

This but mustard

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i just found a vidoe called How to Have a Moneymaking Garage Sale Starring Phyllis Diller

also one called Coupon Clipping For FUn and Profit

both from the 80s, this should be good

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I had no idea they made 45 different Peanuts specials. Some of them apparently get weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk7_7NvOLmU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"Never Ashamed" is about Tim, who's sent by his secular parents (his father is a famous "secular humanist" talk show host) to a Christian summer camp after he's been arrested for steling an ice cream truck. Tim becomes a Christian, which causes his parents to worry about him, and means he doesn't fit in with his friend Marty ("party with Marty") anymore.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Mustard over anything.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Mustard over anything.

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also some guy on youtube got really mad that i posted "warning this 1982 horror movie has a super homophobic cop" in the description of night warning

• Locked thread