Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Montasque posted:

fetus necklace.

maybe she's just a mad max fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fetus chic

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

There's actually a little bit of data showing that Bill's approval ratings actually started to get a little bit of a positive bump as the lewinsky scandal dragged on and people got sick of hearing about it http://www.gallup.com/poll/4609/presidential-job-approval-bill-clintons-high-ratings-midst.aspx It'd be really funny if the same thing ended up happening again this time

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Farm Frenzy posted:

There's actually a little bit of data showing that Bill's approval ratings actually started to get a little bit of a positive bump as the lewinsky scandal dragged on and people got sick of hearing about it http://www.gallup.com/poll/4609/presidential-job-approval-bill-clintons-high-ratings-midst.aspx It'd be really funny if the same thing ended up happening again this time

The audience for all this Clinton bashing are the Republican voters. Also a lot has changed since the 1990's, and I think we can all agree that loving your intern is creepy as hell.

EDIT: Just to hit this clear - Republicans are loving what Trump is doing right now. If he keeps at this he can get his poll numbers up way higher.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I want to wear the fetus

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Trump has some weird loving issues with women. Its beyond normal misogyny. Dude has his own brand of sexism that will come out more and more as he continues to talk about Hillary.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If it gives the Clintons an opportunity to give a heartwarming talk about how Bill redeemed himself after hitting rock bottom and his road back to redemption has only made their relationship stronger it would be hilarious as hell. Moreso if it kills that line of attack for good and generates goodwill among the electorate.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

smell this posted:

I want to wear the fetus

Go down to your local Planned Parenthood clinic, tell them "ACORN sent me" and you'll get access to all their sweet fetus merch.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jackofarcades posted:

Trump has some weird loving issues with women. Its beyond normal misogyny. Dude has his own brand of sexism that will come out more and more as he continues to talk about Hillary.

Trump has some fascinating pathologies. If he wins we'll get to read about them for decades, centuries, even!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

If it gives the Clintons an opportunity to give a heartwarming talk about how Bill redeemed himself after hitting rock bottom and his road back to redemption has only made their relationship stronger it would be hilarious as hell. Moreso if it kills that line of attack for good and generates goodwill among the electorate.

1. The general electorate doesn't really matter right now. Republicans are LOVING this:
http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/filters/PARTY_ID_:2,SC_RACE:1,SEX:1/dates/20151204-20151229/type/smallest

I know reuters... but Trump has risen since he started these attacks.

2. http://gawker.com/flight-logs-put-clinton-dershowitz-on-pedophile-billio-1681039971

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
katrina wear the fetus

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump has some fascinating pathologies. If he wins we'll get to read about them for decades, centuries, even!

Not after he bans writing because the written word is for losers, you won't.

Also psychologist. They'll be second against the wall after all Jeb Bushs.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vox Nihili posted:

humanity may survive trump in some form at some level of existence but civilization and written language won't

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Extension Cord On Stage Steals Spotlight From Jeb Bush During Campaign Rally

The Onion

I love this election

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Here's what Republicans have to say about Trump's remarks:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/682108685561270272 probably one of the best ideas I've heard for dealing with trump. snub his decisions and ignore his wishes, when does he respect anyone else's?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

sullat posted:

Go down to your local Planned Parenthood clinic, tell them "ACORN sent me" and you'll get access to all their sweet fetus merch.

No one else is saying it, so I will. Well done.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

the_paradigm_shift posted:

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/682108685561270272 probably one of the best ideas I've heard for dealing with trump. snub his decisions and ignore his wishes, when does he respect anyone else's?

The media is caught in a tough place here as their number one priority is to make money, not to stump the Trump. Trump brings in a lot clicks/ratings which means big ad buys so most outlets aren't going to risk losing access.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Montasque posted:

The media is caught in a tough place here as their number one priority is to make money, not to stump the Trump. Trump brings in a lot clicks/ratings which means big ad buys so most outlets aren't going to risk losing access.

And unfortunately it means no room to complain when he keeps walking all over them.

It's not even that hard, granted it's the extreme ones that haven't worked like attempting to extort CNN but the cracks are there. Just as you said it's not what they want to do anyways.

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 30, 2015

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

jackofarcades posted:

All Hillary will have to do to win the debate is mention her vagina and Trump will curl into a screeching ball with his hands over his ears.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Trump's approach to the avant garde isn't what I expected and I'm not sure if I like it yet. Hope he produces some more pieces.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

drat, double post. Sorry.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trump started freaking out and left a room because of the idea that someone there had been breastfeeding, so imagine if Hillary just flashed him her bush during a debate.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump started freaking out and left a room because of the idea that someone there had been breastfeeding, so imagine if Hillary just flashed him her bush during a debate.

Trump hates Bush

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Trump hates Bush

:eyepop:

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 30, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I've been getting kinda sick of Donald Trump so I try to post things about the other candidates, but the rest of the field is just so dull. I can't tell you how many times I've had a tab open with a Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz article ready to go, but then I get distracted by work. By the time I get to posting said articles Trump usually says something insane which is far more interesting than another piece about Rubio's ground game being a mess, or Ted Cruz getting an endorsement from another Christian with a Dutch surname.

The big exception of course is Jeb, I could post about Jeb failing horribly all day long.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

docbeard posted:

This is not how '90s nostalgia is supposed to work.

Normal people had ours, it's only fair to let the Republicans have theirs. Watching them weird out another generation with their hatred of blowjobs is going to be pretty great, honestly. A new generation hearing the "Oral Office" for the first time. :911:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Peztopiary posted:

Normal people had ours, it's only fair to let the Republicans have theirs. Watching them weird out another generation with their hatred of blowjobs is going to be pretty great, honestly. A new generation hearing the "Oral Office" for the first time. :911:

A whole new generation saying "dude this happened before I was born, why does anyone still care?"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Montasque posted:

The big exception of course is Jeb, I could post about Jeb failing horribly all day long.

I was to young to follow politics when Bush senior was in office. Was he like competent. As what little I've read about him it seems that for his flaws he was actually a pretty competent president, and was pretty competent in public life before that.

It's just seeing Jeb and George fail so dramatically, so often and in such a wide variety of new and exciting ways while in public office, I'm sort of curious.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

dr_rat posted:

I was to young to follow politics when Bush senior was in office. Was he like competent. As what little I've read about him it seems that for his flaws he was actually a pretty competent president, and was pretty competent in public life before that.

It's just seeing Jeb and George fail so dramatically, so often and in such a wide variety of new and exciting ways while in public office, I'm sort of curious.

He had a large problem in that reagan had gotten the ball rolling on being more inclusive of the religious and radical parts of the party. He was more moderate and of a different generation. So he kept getting kneecapped by his own party and the opposition who were still a majority in Congress iirc.

He was head of CIA and a warmonger who was Reagan's VP so he was no angel and competence would have to be measured by the administrations around his and that makes him look even worse. Throw in a recession and a third party right winger(perot) and he never stood a chance at reelection.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Not especially. He was a lot like Jeb in a lot of ways, a not-particularly-charismatic establishmentarian who was ordained successor to Reagan. He was a big-time neocon who wanted to invade the Middle East and take their oil. His political rhetoric was of the 'lying sack of poo poo' variety, as he said one thing to appease the rabid right-wing base but did another to enrich himself and his fellow politico class buddies. He won in 88 because the political atmosphere was such that that sort of candidate could win back then. He lost in 92 because he wasn't charismatic enough to keep the base fooled and in line and they turned on him, plus Ross Perot pulled a Donald Trump. It's pretty depressing to see how little the political landscape in the US has changed in 25 years

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 30, 2015

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
He was a little bit more charismatic than the JEB. He launched the first Persian gulf war, so he and his cronies are as much responsible for the United States getting bogged down in wars of abiding stupidity as any living person.
He was certainly not dumb,

He came across as having more integrity than just about any other republican president that I can think of in my lifetime, just not much personality or charm. Fwiw, he retained both Larry Niven and Alvin Toffler as his presidential futurologists.

I dunno, a male Maggie Thatcher? Or would that be more Ronnie Reagan?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

SnakePlissken posted:

He was a little bit more charismatic than the JEB. He launched the first Persian gulf war, so he and his cronies are as much responsible for the United States getting bogged down in wars of abiding stupidity as any living person.
He was certainly not dumb,

He came across as having more integrity than just about any other republican president that I can think of in my lifetime, just not much personality or charm. Fwiw, he retained both Larry Niven and Alvin Toffler as his presidential futurologists.

The guy was the head of the CIA for gently caress's sake. Plus his 88 campaign against Dukakis was incredibly low and nasty. This is like that image macro of Reagan where everyone talks about how great he was. Plus the Alvin Toffler thing is actually evidence he is/was an idiot, not smart

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

the_paradigm_shift posted:

He had a large problem in that reagan had gotten the ball rolling on being more inclusive of the religious and radical parts of the party. He was more moderate and of a different generation. So he kept getting kneecapped by his own party and the opposition who were still a majority in Congress iirc.

He was head of CIA and a warmonger who was Reagan's VP so he was no angel and competence would have to be measured by the administrations around his and that makes him look even worse. Throw in a recession and a third party right winger(perot) and he never stood a chance at reelection.

I don't understand the characterization of Bush I as a war monger, except it's the American Left so every Republican after Lincoln was a bloodthirsty psychopath bent on world conquest. H.W. faced intense criticism for not going all the way and deposing Saddam, and that decision kept America out of the bloody occupation that his son went and got the US stuck in more than a decade later.

The reason he wasn't re-elected was because he promised 'no new taxes' and then raised taxes, making him probably the last federal-level Republican politician of any significance to even openly contemplate anything other than budget cuts as a response to deficits.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I've been rereading The Clothes Have No Emperor and came across this quote where Gabe Pressman asked Trump what he would do to improve the quality of life in New York.

Donald Trump posted:

I see trucks pulling up at 6:30 in the morning, and people bringing carts off these trucks right onto Fifth Avenue, ... I don't think the politicians really understand how upset the public is when they see a man selling hot dogs and dumping the catsup and mustard all over the sidewalk ... How come the law goes after everybody else, but the law doesn't go after the people that are selling nonsense on the street, not paying taxes, ruining the environment, ruining the city, ruining the great streets of the city of New York?

He said that in 1986. It should be illegal to dump catsup on the street, where the vinegar and acid from the tomatoes might cut through a few layers of grime on Fifth Avenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

• Locked thread