Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Voyager I posted:

Oh well. Maybe they'll accidentally print another good Planeswalker again.
I can't tell if you're serious, it's easier to find a recent set with a good planeswalker than one without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I was making fun of BFZ for having an overall low power level except for Gideon immediately inserting himself as a standard staple.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Common Planeswalker confirmed

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Voyager I posted:

I was making fun of BFZ for having an overall low power level except for Gideon immediately inserting himself as a standard staple.

Gideon being ridiculous is even funnier when he shows up in limited and ruins the whole pod.

Also, that lovely PW tutor has an inspirational Jace quote but can't actually retrieve Jace because the only legal Jace is a creature in your deck.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 30, 2015

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Did someone just buy out every Teeg in the world? Its trading for 50 bucks.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

GoutPatrol posted:

holy poo poo lmao it's true

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Wizards is really gonna have to change its print run policy for Modern Masters if they don't want Modern to go the way of Legacy. While you can print a lot of staples (like fetches and shocks) in print-to-demand sets, legends like Teeg/Thalia/Clique/Tasigur/flipJace can only be reprinted in supplementary products now that there are no core sets, and in a few years they'll be sky-high in price unless demand craters.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
alternatively abolish the secondary market and sell entire sets directly :greencube:

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Actually, it's Wither.

Shadowmoor block had some really cool stuff and it's too bad that the weird monocolor multicolor thing ended up defining its reputation.

The untap effects were pretty bold. Far more interesting than what's going on atm.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I just pulled a 46 dollar card out of my main deck for boggles. (Zakisalwaysright listed one for 45 bucks on TCGPlayer.)

Which one of you is that?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GoutPatrol posted:

:wtc:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

The funny thing is that Magiccardmarket still has a ton listed for around 10 euros. What a poo poo buyout, right guys?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Samael posted:

The funny thing is that Magiccardmarket still has a ton listed for around 10 euros. What a poo poo buyout, right guys?

Imma gonna buy out Europe.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Bwwahahah. Amazing.

I was getting ever so slightly salty for trading a Stoneforge about a week and a half ago when it was still $25 TCGmid. But part of that trade was for a Teeg, so, now I don't have to worry about defacing my glorious MTGfinance acumen. :shepspends:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What the gently caress.

My brother, who has never played Magic in his life, dropped a reference to the Seance buyout when we were both home over Christmas. This game and everything surrounding it is loving dumb.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Oh, yeah. Something else that has spiked in the last couple days. Both Eye and Temple were increasing over the last few days, but looks like someone finally decided that a one-of in Tron (and sometimes EDH) should be a $10 card. :cripes:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am going to spend 1800$ of my own money to make 150$. Ignore all the cost for shipping and time involved, it is going to be worth it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

I am going to spend 1800$ of my own money to make 150$. Ignore all the cost for shipping and time involved, it is going to be worth it.

Something similar runs through my head everytime I see a price spike this retarded.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Something similar runs through my head everytime I see a price spike this retarded.

Anybody that has been around magic long enough knows someone who speculates on magic cards in a "serious" way. They are usually the living embodiment of the word "grognard".

They spend all this time trying to figure out what is going to be the next big spike instead of you know, trying to get a job that isn't minimum wage.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Sickening posted:

Anybody that has been around magic long enough knows someone who speculates on magic cards in a "serious" way. They are usually the living embodiment of the word "grognard".

They spend all this time trying to figure out what is going to be the next big spike instead of you know, trying to get a job that isn't minimum wage.

they usually have an ok job, just enough to fund something dumb like this, and a tier 2 combo deck from 5 years ago

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Death Bot posted:

they usually have an ok job, just enough to fund something dumb like this, and a tier 2 combo deck from 5 years ago

B-b-but Séance!

Tens of Thousands of copies of Séance

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Oh, yeah. Something else that has spiked in the last couple days. Both Eye and Temple were increasing over the last few days, but looks like someone finally decided that a one-of in Tron (and sometimes EDH) should be a $10 card. :cripes:

10$ isn't really that expensive tho, like that's the lamest buy-out attempt ever

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

AlternateNu posted:

Well, missed the boat on these I guess. The reason for the spike is because of the new modern eldrazi decks that are getting popular, they all run 2-3 eyes no matter what colors they're in. It is/was relatively cheap for a modern deck but I guess that'll change. Eldrazi temple is climbing to $3 for the same reason, despite being uncommon in mm2 and previously unplayed.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

OGW will have a bunch more cheap eldrazi that could fit in that deck so speculation there kindof makes sense.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

AlternateNu posted:

This is because of the new deck that is emerging in modern. It runs Eye as a 2-4 of. Basically Wasteland Strangler, Oblivion Sower, and Blight Herder.dec Use the various exile effects, lands that let you slam down fatties for cheap, steal all their lands kill their dudes etc. I've been working on getting it together, and I placed an order monday for the last couple pieces I needed. This likely is real demand and less of a buyout.

http://deckbox.org/sets/1275641

Thats what I'm working on. There are also BW and monoB versions out there. You can get a 4/5 and 3 1/1's out on t3 and that ramps you straight into Oblivion Sower, its pretty fun.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 30, 2015

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Well, missed the boat on these I guess. The reason for the spike is because of the new modern eldrazi decks that are getting popular, they all run 2-3 eyes no matter what colors they're in. It is/was relatively cheap for a modern deck but I guess that'll change. Eldrazi temple is climbing to $3 for the same reason, despite being uncommon in mm2 and previously unplayed.

What modern eldrazi deck playing Eldrazi temple

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Agentdark posted:

What modern eldrazi deck playing Eldrazi temple

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wb-eldrazi#paper

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-mono-black-eldrazi#paper

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-br-eldrazi#paper

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

Walker Tutor

With inspirational Jace blurb

Worst draft rare ever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Eldrazi based speculation, has See the Unwritten made any noise or did that not really work the way everyone had hoped?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I love "10 you" cards. Gonna make waves on kitchen tables

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Edit, 10 to the face for 5? Well that is kind of interesting.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Edit: slow. I like the card, even though it's bad.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 30, 2015

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Wow is this the first good Punisher card???

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GonSmithe posted:

Wow is this the first good Punisher card???
Dash Hopes is the best punisher card and I'll not hear otherwise. :colbert:

Edit: That card's gonna be real disappointing for as long as hangarback is with us.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 30, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cruel Ultimatum and Browbeat had a baby... sort of.

Probably not good in anything but limited, but it's a fun card.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sickening posted:

Edit, 10 to the face for 5? Well that is kind of interesting.

Offer only valid if your opponent does not care about their life goal

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I was like yeah, yeah, browbeat card, whatever, but then I got to the last line. That's gonna be so fun to cast. I don't know if it will be good enough for constructed, but that's a fun card.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Goddamn, pretty backbreaking. I look forward to drafting this early and often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/limited-information/five-amazing-threes-2015-12-30

Gold uncommons, I'm on my phone or I would post the images

• Locked thread