Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forti
May 5, 2009

PCOS Bill is good and I enjoy his posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Forti posted:

PCOS Bill is good and I enjoy his posts.

It's coming from inside the thread!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bringmyfishback posted:

미' 레이디

I don't know what that Korean says, but I assume it's "M'lady"

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Found on Jezebel:

This feminist 'blogger', who has made a total of four blog posts since November between her co-owned blog with 5 total posts, woeismedia.com and her one post on Jezebel, really wants everyone to know that she doesn't care that someone put her thin sophomore/junior year photo side by side with her not as thin engaged-7-years-later photo.

This falls under Awkward, because literally no one outside of her family/friends/people who directly resented her from high school would even be able to associate her before/after photos with her name, had she not made a huge deal about her pictures being on r/funny, and linked these photos with her blogging identity.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

kizudarake posted:

Found on Jezebel:

This feminist 'blogger', who has made a total of four blog posts since November between her co-owned blog with 5 total posts, woeismedia.com and her one post on Jezebel, really wants everyone to know that she doesn't care that someone put her thin sophomore/junior year photo side by side with her not as thin engaged-7-years-later photo.

This falls under Awkward, because literally no one outside of her family/friends/people who directly resented her from high school would even be able to associate her before/after photos with her name, had she not made a huge deal about her pictures being on r/funny, and linked these photos with her blogging identity.

You forgot the funniest part of the whole post where the original was making fun of her weight increase, so she posted:

quote:

The dead end was frustrating, because, as a fat feminist, I was hungry to find out who the original poster could be so I could then eat them.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Why isn't the lady ashamed of herself???? I don't understanding. Someone please make the lady ashamed, of herself.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah that reddit post is AUG as gently caress by itself too imo. But that's kind of a pleonasm anyways.

People with too much money buying joke avatars for random people will never get old to me. I remember the eve thread where first mlp avatars started popping up, followed by duck avatars.

Also that ironknuckle av or whatever it was.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kizudarake posted:

Found on Jezebel:

"Hale Goetz is a 20-something Chicago suburbanite and D&D enthusiast. As a newbie freelancer and blogger, she writes about feminism, identity, and guilty pleasures."
She claims to have dropped 30 lbs, which is good, but she's gotta stop chowing down on the pudding pops at the D&D game sessions.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

sinking belle posted:

Why isn't the lady ashamed of herself???? I don't understanding. Someone please make the lady ashamed, of herself.

Actually it's not a bad idea.

This kid was mocked for being fat

so she started eating more healthily, doing sport, and now makes money selling books about her transformation into this

fat shaming works

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

sinking belle posted:

I believe fervently in equality so I think we should all be ashamed of ourselves and each other.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I do find humor in that, to make herself look different from how society says she should look, and highlight that she's a grown-rear end feminist making grown-rear end decisions about her own look, she's gone with short, unnaturally-dyed hair, thick-framed black glasses, pale skin, vivid lipstick, and an ugly-rear end top just like almost every other feminist fatshion blogger.

I'm not hating on her for her weight, while she's larger than her high school pic, she doesn't look like she's got a FUPA, and she doesn't look like her glucose levels while fasting are higher than her weight.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

so she started eating more healthily, doing sport, and now makes money selling books about her transformation into this

fat shaming works

The plural of anecdote is not data though and also no I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/3sXVnaaP524

He's not Masaokis but the Marvin show did make it to prime time broadcast network TV on one of those channels that play He-Man at 4AM this day and age

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

twistedmentat posted:

Haha, I ate all the food and now my people don't have any!

Fat shaming doesn't work.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

kizudarake posted:

she's gone with short, unnaturally-dyed hair, thick-framed black glasses, pale skin, vivid lipstick, and an ugly-rear end top just like almost every other feminist fatshion blogger.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

why doesn't PYF merge two of its favorite topics - talking about fat shaming and talking about PCOS Bill and see if he can be fat-shamed out of his current obesity.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its not his fault, polycystic ovaries can lead to weight gain

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

XMNN posted:

its not his fault, polycystic ovaries can lead to weight gain

I don't think you can really blame his wife for this.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think you can really blame his wife for this.
Pretty sure he was just called a bitch, buddy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

kizudarake posted:

Pretty sure he was just called a bitch, buddy.

Really? :rolleyes:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

an overdue owl posted:

why doesn't PYF merge two of its favorite topics - talking about fat shaming and talking about PCOS Bill and see if he can be fat-shamed out of his current obesity.

Don't worry, I'm working on it. Still a bit stiff and sore post motorcycle accident but I'm down a few pounds this last month already.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

"What a lot of people forget is that Batman originally had guns," explained Brian Azzarello, who's written Batman for comic books and film. "Batman was pulp, born and bred. Other than wearing a cowl, that character was a pulp character."

All I can see in the second panel is Batman putting a condom on an Oscar.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I presume that Batman then went on to hammer a stake through a werewolf's heart.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

poptart_fairy posted:

Fat shaming doesn't work.

What about dictator shaming?

Trumpsupporters.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cU1l34F.jpg

I really hope those are airsoft/fake guns and not real, because that's some lovely trigger discipline.
http://i.imgur.com/RhOWKyE.jpg

I can't figure out if this swordsnerd is doing duckface or just has DSLs
http://i.imgur.com/Bzmczzk.jpg

Oh god the dog in the back has a thousand yard stare. It's seen some poo poo.
http://i.imgur.com/8HdySnO.jpg
Alternative caption, Dean Pelton has found love.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Dec 30, 2015

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

The plural of anecdote is not data though and also no I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I would put my neck on the line and make a parody of that "empowered feminist" image with pics of me at 16 and now if I wasn't far too lazy to get the pics off my old laptop. Putting two images together can prove literally any point.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

fat shaming works

That is cool as heck but I hope she likes the taste of that poo poo and isn't punishing herself.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god the dog in the back has a thousand yard stare. It's seen some poo poo.

Alternative caption, Dean Pelton has found love.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Decrepus posted:

That is cool as heck but I hope she likes the taste of that poo poo and isn't punishing herself.

The taste of vegetables? I also hope she is a normal human being who enjoys food.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

fat shaming works

I'm glad this girl is going to live a longer and healthier life.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Paladinus posted:

The taste of vegetables? I also hope she is a normal human being who enjoys food.

SOME OF US ARE SUPERTASTERS, MOM! Now get me more tater tots.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dear lord. That's worse than the fox man thing.

He's started to go Homestuck, kill it before it takes on other forms!
http://i.imgur.com/2ju3S5q.jpg

Too late!!!
http://i.imgur.com/2W7dC6M.jpg

I like how he left his goofy haircut and glasses on his dragon form.

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

twistedmentat posted:

Dear lord. That's worse than the fox man thing.

He's started to go Homestuck, kill it before it takes on other forms!
http://i.imgur.com/2ju3S5q.jpg

Too late!!!
http://i.imgur.com/2W7dC6M.jpg

I like how he left his goofy haircut and glasses on his dragon form.

And his plump frame. Fattest Charizard I've ever seen.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Putting two images together can prove literally any point.

The whole fat thing aside, no it really doesn't and that's exactly the point of the expression I used. No matter how many people you can cite where fat shaming worked, it don't prove a thing. :shrug:

Niiiice.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

twistedmentat posted:

I really hope those are airsoft/fake guns and not real, because that's some lovely trigger discipline.
http://i.imgur.com/RhOWKyE.jpg

They're very fake.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Thump! posted:

They're very fake.

I figured, but I have seen guns that are real that looked fake.

Also, weird juxtaposition between the kids face and his body.
http://i.imgur.com/yKXKAmO.jpg

Oh hey its Wedding Brony guy in his natural habitat!
http://i.imgur.com/A5mFoXw.jpg

I was just thinking, how is there enough material from MLP to supply a 3 day con in a large venue? The cons I've worked/gone to are never single topic focused, they've got everything you can think of. Even like a furry con is going to have a variety of stuff going on. But Ponies, how much can you stretch out that material?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

It's an anime con with 10k attendance, the AUG is everywhere. And yea, sadly, due to my interests I encounter a lot of AUG people. I may be friendly to them, because that's my nature but inside I'm going "oh god why can i shoot soapy warm water out of my hands this guy smells like an port a potty at a music festival!".

I like how his buddy is covering his face because he does not want to be associated with gunblade cat ears guy.

Full Hazmat suit.

Have some Right Wing AUG! Stephen Crowder is a giant shithead who's so much of a right wing shithead, he got fired from Fox news. Probably because he couldn't stop making rape jokes on air. Oh he was also the guy that got popped in the face by a Union guy in Michigan.
http://i.imgur.com/AjYfyXu.jpg
LOOK AT MY WORKBOOTS! They make me a real man! And look, I have a wedding ring, totally NOT GAY!
http://i.imgur.com/c2CnoDC.jpg
He then tried to make a point about hypothetical perverts dressing up like women claiming they're transgender so they can spy on women in the lockeroom, by trying to do exactly that. Looking pretty comfortable there buddy.

"My interests...."

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

twistedmentat posted:

I was just thinking, how is there enough material from MLP to supply a 3 day con in a large venue? The cons I've worked/gone to are never single topic focused, they've got everything you can think of. Even like a furry con is going to have a variety of stuff going on. But Ponies, how much can you stretch out that material?

Having seen most of it while looking after small children, I have no loving clue. I actually think it's one of the better kids' shows out there, but there's nothing about it that would make me want to watch it on my own. Like most kids' shows, it's a primer on social interactions with almost no subtext.

Actually, that might explain the draw for folks on the spectrum. Why this more than similar shows, though?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Toast Museum posted:

Having seen most of it while looking after small children, I have no loving clue. I actually think it's one of the better kids' shows out there, but there's nothing about it that would make me want to watch it on my own. Like most kids' shows, it's a primer on social interactions with almost no subtext.

Actually, that might explain the draw for folks on the spectrum. Why this more than similar shows, though?

I've never gotten the rabid fanbase for it. I think it's a cute show, and I do like to watch it sometimes because it's like watching it when I was a little girl, but it's nothing super amazing. Maybe it's that each of the characters fits into a neat little niche and that makes it easy for the weirdos to cope with?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Toast Museum posted:

I think a lot of it has to do with the animation. Lauren Faust is involved (or was) and she had a hand in stuff like Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and the like. I think some nerds who like cartoons just followed her. I watched an episode out of morbid curiosity and I have to confess that Friendship is Magic is top notch animation. It's very obvious that a lot of love and care goes into making the show look good. I could definitely see myself watching it if I was a little girl.

Of course I'm not a little girl so I don't watch it regularly. I've been trying to learn more about animation so it's on my list of "watch this because the animation is good" but really that's as far as it goes. Not something I'd watch regularly for entertainment and I really don't see the point in basing one's entire persona around a show. It also strikes me as absolutely bizarre that grown rear end men are creating entire personalities and cultures around a show meant for little girls.

I could maybe see watching it for the animation or if it makes you laugh but that still doesn't really justify bronies. I'm not going to judge what people watch but bronies really, really confuse me. It also doesn't help that so drat many bronies carry around plush ponies and be all like "this is mah girlfriend!" No it isn't. It's an inanimate object based on an adolescent pony from a children's show and you are creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Darth123123 posted:

"My interests...."

Like you and everyone on here aren't into poo poo that attracts AUG's?

Toast Museum posted:

Yea. There's been a lot of armchair psychology of bronies but they all seem to think that the guys who are into it find it hard to relate to real women, becuase they have feelings and are their own persons, but pony's present an idealized an approachable female form, because of their simplistic and infantile characters. I will admit the art style is fairly neat, but that's the only positive I can think of.

Oh there's been some Bronies trying to explain why they find cartoon pony's created for little girls sexually attractive, its because their position is constantly "presenting" and therefor its totally okay to spank it to some kids cartoons and then talk about it on the internet.
http://i.imgur.com/uJIQv8g.jpg

Internet worship of children cartoons and nerds constantly reading deep meanings into things make me actively avoid things. I guess Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are good, but I am staying far away from them.

• Locked thread