Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

I'm intimately familiar with this guy's "work" and I'm convinced he's just a con artist who doesn't believe a word of what he says

maybe he believes all the jesus stuff, but he's also conflated an inordinate amount of science denial with his preaching and irt that he knowingly and deliberately lies to his audiences with amazing regularity, so I just kind of have to think, if he really believes the religious angle of his act, why would he feel the need to bolster it with dishonesty? if you have to lie to propagate a truth then it can't really have been truth to begin with.

anyway he makes millions of dollars a year and last I checked he doesn't pay taxes on any of it, so I expect he'll be in Kent Hovind's now vacant cell any year now

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Ig God loved us he would have just let us be polythestic worshippers of the Roman pantheon instead of sending Jesus McBuzzKillington to ruin that good time

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Altair Knight posted:

And not a word was said about it. More stupid poo poo atheists actually believe, that the logic of man is actually worthwhile in deducing the expanse of the known universe while not a single one of them has been on the moon. In fact, only 12 have walked the moon, none of them atheists, and it wasn't the 12 apostles of Jesus. I'm still trying to find out the pinnacle of atheist science but I have yet to see it. btw angels exist.

It's good that the technology to put people on the Moon was developed entirely through prayer, angelic revelations and other good Christian science.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
Who cares about Jesus, you're all going to hell anyway.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I'm intimately familiar with this guy's "work" and I'm convinced he's just a con artist who doesn't believe a word of what he says

maybe he believes all the jesus stuff, but he's also conflated an inordinate amount of science denial with his preaching and irt that he knowingly and deliberately lies to his audiences with amazing regularity, so I just kind of have to think, if he really believes the religious angle of his act, why would he feel the need to bolster it with dishonesty? if you have to lie to propagate a truth then it can't really have been truth to begin with.

anyway he makes millions of dollars a year and last I checked he doesn't pay taxes on any of it, so I expect he'll be in Kent Hovind's now vacant cell any year now

The whole banana and crocoduck stuff makes it hard to not take as Poe. But it really seems like him and his toady Kirk Cameron are serious.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The whole banana and crocoduck stuff makes it hard to not take as Poe. But it really seems like him and his toady Kirk Cameron are serious.

Do you think Kirk is a bottom?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"serious" does not imply "sincere"

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

There are so many things about ol' Ray that make him one of the sketchiest dudes in the contemporary religious game. The one with the least amount of redemptive humorous value is the fact that he's a presuppositionalist. ("All knowledge stems from God" --> "Without God, you literally can't know anything" --> "There is no point in continuing this conversation, because after every statement you make, I will just say 'How do you know that?' until you want to smash my face into the pavement.")

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

budgieinspector posted:

There are so many things about ol' Ray that make him one of the sketchiest dudes in the contemporary religious game. The one with the least amount of redemptive humorous value is the fact that he's a presuppositionalist. ("All knowledge stems from God" --> "Without God, you literally can't know anything" --> "There is no point in continuing this conversation, because after every statement you make, I will just say 'How do you know that?' until you want to smash my face into the pavement.")

about as dishonest as an argument can be, imo. it's really just another form of a child going "I know you are but what am I" when being called on something they know they are doing.

it's especially dishonest considering that Comfort will frequently abandon the presuppositionalist mindset entirely if he thinks his audience is gullible enough to fall for drivel like the banana and crocoduck shticks. the fact that it isn't possible to present those arguments without being dishonest aside, if he was sincere in his presupposionalism, he wouldn't do that.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 24, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Merry CHRISTmas everyone

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

mdm posted:

Merry CHRISTmas everyone

Indeed, I just hope everyone remembers the TRUE meaning of this holiday (unlikely as they will be too busy murdering and peodoing because they are heathen fucks)

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

mdm posted:

Merry CHRISTmas everyone

Just remember: It's Christmas Eve, not Christmas Steve, okay?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Merry XXXmas everyone
:jackbud:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I realize that atheists think they're so clever and intelligent in their responses to the bible. But they are no different than they've been since the creation of man. In fact, they are so predictable that even the bible addresses them in Romans 1:18-31, 1 Peter 4:3-5, and Psalms 36:1, which describes atheists perfectly. So as Solomon says in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun.

So since atheists have zero facts to present to defend their position that Jesus is not the Son of God, but only attacks, denials, and ignorance of history, then they have nothing new to teach us. Absolutely nothing. So all that's left in their responses are schoolyard attacks and denials that don't belong in any debate, much less an intelligent debate.

So if you want to be taken seriously, atheists, then you need to get educated about history and elementary principles of right and wrong because verbal volleyball doesn't prove anything except one's maturity level. So that's the first elementary principle you need to understand before even thinking you can refute the bible.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Volume posted:

I realize that atheists think they're so clever and intelligent in their responses to the bible. But they are no different than they've been since the creation of man. In fact, they are so predictable that even the bible addresses them in Romans 1:18-31, 1 Peter 4:3-5, and Psalms 36:1, which describes atheists perfectly. So as Solomon says in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun.

So since atheists have zero facts to present to defend their position that Jesus is not the Son of God, but only attacks, denials, and ignorance of history, then they have nothing new to teach us. Absolutely nothing. So all that's left in their responses are schoolyard attacks and denials that don't belong in any debate, much less an intelligent debate.

So if you want to be taken seriously, atheists, then you need to get educated about history and elementary principles of right and wrong because verbal volleyball doesn't prove anything except one's maturity level. So that's the first elementary principle you need to understand before even thinking you can refute the bible.

How I picture that string of nonsense delivered:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Volume posted:

I realize that atheists think they're so clever and intelligent in their responses to the bible. But they are no different than they've been since the creation of man. In fact, they are so predictable that even the bible addresses them in Romans 1:18-31, 1 Peter 4:3-5, and Psalms 36:1,

Lol I looked all 3 of those up, one of them is explicitly bitching about pagans, one of them just mentioning someone who doesn't "fear God" (typically interpreted as believing in and actively trying to serve), and one mention of the "ungodly" (giant catchall which probably was written more in mind of the insufficiently devout and pagans than actual atheists)

There's also no prediction of atheist argument or sick burns of any kind but I guess you gotta give them a 1/3 for actually quoting a scripture that might, but probably not, actually reference atheists existing and being bad

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A woman told police she shot another woman because she didn't believe in God and kept her body for three days as a shrine in her Phoenix apartment, according to arrest records.

Phoenix officers arrested Anitra Braxton, 39, on suspicion of first-degree murder Saturday after finding an unidentified body in her apartment in the 1500 block of West Missouri Avenue.

Police reported they were called to the scene and discovered the woman covered with a towel on Braxton's couch, dead of a gunshot wound to the head.

Braxton told investigators that the body was a "shrine from God" and that she had shot the woman in the eye for not believing in God, the records said. The murder weapon has not been recovered.

She also reportedly told investigators that the body had been at her home for two to three days. Braxton maintained that the corpse on the sofa was actually her own body, the records added.

Braxton was cooperative with investigators but made statements that were "somewhat delusional" during interviews, Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Trent Crump said.

"She will not tell us who the victim is. When we ask for the victim's name, she gives her own name," Crump said. "At this point, we're not sure what her thought process is or what type of mental illness she may be suffering from."

He added that that investigators have not been able to identify the victim, whom they described as a heavyset Black woman in her 30s or 40s.

Police reported the crime scene had been partially cleaned up and that the victim may have been pregnant. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday and the case may be classified as a double homicide if the victim was pregnant, Crump said.

Braxton was booked into a Maricopa County jail and is expected to face a charge of first-degree murder. She was being held in lieu of $750,000 bail, and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 6.

Ripped crime scene tape is all that remains outside of Braxton's empty central Phoenix apartment, located at the end of a ground floor hallway.

Fred Sorensen, who has lived at the complex for about two years, said he was not surprised to hear about the murder. He described it as being "not the safest neighborhood."

"I don't feel that it's that safe, but it's a place to live," Sorensen said. "It makes me wonder what kind of sick people are out here, but the world is full of sick people."

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Volume posted:

case study of psychosis

come on. legit religious bullshit please, not schizophrenia.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
My mom just told me her plan to lose weight in the new year is to utilize god's grace.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Crimson Harvest posted:

My mom just told me her plan to lose weight in the new year is to utilize god's grace.

That's a good strat. I tried it last year but my God's Grace level wasn't high enough.

This year I'm going to try to lose weight by appealing to Satan instead. This one has to work, right?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Feeling Ill? Do you not know that Jesus heals of all sicknesses no matter what it is?! Diabetes, AIDS, Asthma, ALLERGIES, whatever!!!

Jesus can knock it down, and it won't return.

Don't believe that the Lord has placed an illness on you because you done something wrong in your life. The Lord is not the author of confusion.

My Pastor said that the Lord hates sickness just as much as he hates sin because they are both weapons from the enemy Satan.

Yes, take your medicine, but know who the REAL healer is!

Christ Jesus for the win!!!!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The left is always stealing Christianity's symbols, concepts, and language and reinventing them under their own banner--for example, the rainbow, stolen by the homosexuals.

Case in point: The phrase "politically correct." Yes, ironically, it too was stolen from us.

The alleged politically correct are neither biblically nor politically correct. One cannot be truly politically correct without being biblically correct. Politics cannot be severed from religion anymore than morality can be severed from legislation. One's political persuasion is a reflection of his morality (or, more often than not, his immorality) and one's morals determines his religion. Thus, applied politics is applied religion and applied religion is applied politics.

It is therefore imperative that we get our religion correct that we might get our politics correct

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Volume posted:

The left is always stealing Christianity's symbols, concepts, and language and reinventing them under their own banner--for example, the rainbow, stolen by the homosexuals.

Case in point: The phrase "politically correct." Yes, ironically, it too was stolen from us.

The alleged politically correct are neither biblically nor politically correct. One cannot be truly politically correct without being biblically correct. Politics cannot be severed from religion anymore than morality can be severed from legislation. One's political persuasion is a reflection of his morality (or, more often than not, his immorality) and one's morals determines his religion. Thus, applied politics is applied religion and applied religion is applied politics.

It is therefore imperative that we get our religion correct that we might get our politics correct

Christianity = Stalinist doctrine, An Odd Post

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Volume posted:

The christians are always stealing jewish and mystery cults symbols, concepts, and language and reinventing them under their own banner--for example, having a dying and rising god inserted into history as a normal person, stolen an anonymous Greek author using the pseudonym Mark.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I never said atheists are the most violent people in the world. I said, atheists will cut your throat for believing in Jesus.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
was I the only one who had a hip cool and with it youth pastor tell us that all supermodels and pop stars used to be men so if you found them sexy it meant you were actually gay so only by avoiding their sinful temptation could you be straight and hetero

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich
This thread is weird. No one at my church is like these weirdos.

On a more uplifting note, some beautiful and scarcely heard sacred choral works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QOLhOaf6ok

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Sleeveless posted:

was I the only one who had a hip cool and with it youth pastor tell us that all supermodels and pop stars used to be men so if you found them sexy it meant you were actually gay so only by avoiding their sinful temptation could you be straight and hetero

I didn't have a pastor like that but I always thought this without guidance thanks.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Laurenz posted:

Who cares about Jesus, you're all going to hell anyway.

this is hell

its life

life is the hell

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3554109

This entire thread about justifying magic and appeals to authority as substitutions for critical thinking and moral policing.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kato keeps spouting the same ignorant lies as typical. That the Bible borrowed from other cultures histories. Except that those ancient histories did not out date what was written in the bible because the Bible picks up on day one of everything. The others borrowed from it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

I don't know, I found a comment on IMDB from a user, does this kind and loving person deserve to be removed?

"I'm a teacher at a christian college and recently we had to deal with worrying about a gay student who tried to use the bible to justify his homosexuality. In cases like this and with the NYPD a number of these people are intentional plants by organizations looking to cause problems."

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We actually went outside and started commanding the winds because God had given us authority over the winds - the airways. And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We - we spoke to the storm and said, go to unpopulated places. It did exactly what we said to do because God gave us the authority to do that.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Volume posted:

We actually went outside and started commanding the winds because God had given us authority over the winds - the airways. And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We - we spoke to the storm and said, go to unpopulated places. It did exactly what we said to do because God gave us the authority to do that.

I love how they never considered praying for it to just go away.

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.
two rival towns should pray that it goes to the other town. see whose faith is stronger

it would be like the opposite of two people trying to call a puppy to find out who it loved the most

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Volume posted:

wasn't there somebody claiming she sent it to an ungodly town rather than just an unpopulated place?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mathlete posted:

two rival towns should pray that it goes to the other town. see whose faith is stronger

it would be like the opposite of two people trying to call a puppy to find out who it loved the most

Like those people who would go on talk shows after 9/11 and say "The plane was coming straight for my floor, but in the split second before it hit, I prayed to God, and the plane jerked away and hit a different part of the building"

Guess God was powerless to make the plane miss the building or stop the terrorists from getting on the planes to begin with or whatever. 3000 deaths is fine as long as that one dude who prayed is OK.

Omnipotent God needs his millions of mortal slaves for some reason

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZxYfYkxHa8

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
From time to time, some religious nosy-parker will say to me "Have you considered taking Jesus Christ as your personal Savior?"

As an intelligent rational being with functional bull-poo poo filters and little patience with fools, I find this most annoying.

Typically, my first urge is to shout "You pathetic non-reasoning jackwagon, die and get off my planet" and walk away. But I am polite and civil so I don't do this.

Then- I found the perfect response: courtesy of the great philosopher Gilbert Gottfried.

The next time I encountered such a fool-

"Have you taken the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior?"
"Why yes Madam, I speak to Jesus every day."
"You do? Wonderful!"

"Yes, just the other day I was talking to Our Lord and he said "I got a hot date tonight!"
"Cool, Savior! Yah think you'll get lucky?"
"Sure, no problem, she'll gently caress anything that's not nailed down!"

Bitch kicked me in the nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Actually that incident didn't happen; but it bloody should.
But it's a great gag. The braver of you Goons know what must be done.
Wear a cup. Do tape the results and post. Set their hair on fire. From the inside.

But I actually did pull it on one of my viler room-mates- an ex-elementary school teacher turned meth-addicted gerontophile bag-whore who had seriously gotten religion, as junkies often do.
She was loving an eighty-year old man ala Anna Nicole-Smith. Ick. Her plan apparently was to marry him and get title to his house when he died.

She threw a glass ashtray at my head and later stole my favorite cat, took him to the pound and had him gassed.
Rest in peace, dear Tommy-Tom-Tom, you were the best. You were a battling Alpha Tom, a fourteen pound solid cylinder of lean muscle, eight years old and still strong, and half the cats in the neighborhood looked like you.
And you could talk.

gently caress you in the ear, Christine, for killing my best friend. You vicious loving bitch- I hope you get precisely the fate you deserve. Say, cervical cancer. Ginch. Slut.
I got her doxx. I still get her god-drat mail.
loving vengeful Jesus Junkies.

I still think about Tommy ten years later. BITCH YOU KILLED MY FRIEND because of a joke. WHORE. WHORE.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 4, 2016

• Locked thread