Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, since Origins and Knight I can't stand to look at the AC and AA costumes. Those pants! And remember this is coming from someone who couldn't take his eyes off how lovingly rendered Origins Bat's codpiece was.

Also I've said it before but it's really difficult to go back to combat and stealth encounters with, like, three or five guys.

I dug the cape texture on the AK Batsuit, but I don't care for armored Batsuits in general. Even though the AA/AC suits had rivets, it was still cool seeing them get torn up over time. I like the Batsuits that are noticeably fabric-based, like the Gray & Black or BvS ones in AK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'm all about the armoured Batsuits :shobon:

I did the math. 5 challenge packs at $1.99 each plus the Batgirl DLC and I'm basically at the price of the discounted season pass :ohdear:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

See? It was a value afterall hahahaha

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

See? It was a value afterall hahahaha

:negative:

Jumped back in to actually do the Knightmare New Game+ mode, and I found something out: If you have the Elite Controller, the Power Winch charging thing is trivial. If you flip the switch to use short-throw triggers on RT, you literally cannot pull the trigger enough to push the needle out of the zone :v:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dogen posted:

Also I assume you meant too slow? Because it seems like it's loving slow from the one test run I took it on.

The speed on the Asylum batmobile with the afterburner just makes it go crazy and unbalanced, most times I lost control with it when it happens.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Downloaded the 2008 Movie Skin: What's wrong with Batman's neck :gonk:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was a another fun game. They really pruned the poo poo out of boss fights in this one. Only things I did not like is all the car fighting and no boss fights(lol the arkham knight fight was really weak).

The end part as the joker was really cool.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy christ, the catwoman dlc. WTF were they thinking with that fight. That is all.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Was a another fun game. They really pruned the poo poo out of boss fights in this one. Only things I did not like is all the car fighting and no boss fights(lol the arkham knight fight was really weak).

The end part as the joker was really cool.

the first time I played through the game I was almost convinced they'd end with him going flat out insane and ruined but lol no, no way. It'd take some insane balls to commit to that, though.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Narcissus1916 posted:

Holy christ, the catwoman dlc. WTF were they thinking with that fight. That is all.

I want to fist fight whoever was responsible. That was absolutely terrible.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I feel like this was barely worth twenty bucks, and that's largely just because I like challenge maps. The batgirl dlc is kinda sorta better than i was expecting, but the lack of any new combat gadget or move is bizarre and lazy. I do like the scare mechanic, but boy howdy is it underused.

I really just wish the Robin Flip of a Coin was expanded out to be longer than the length of a thimble. The idea of the Bat-family having to step in for Batman sounds like the greatest idea for the next game and/or substantial DLC.

But we'll probably never get it. Bastards.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I feel like this was barely worth twenty bucks, and that's largely just because I like challenge maps. The batgirl dlc is kinda sorta better than i was expecting, but the lack of any new combat gadget or move is bizarre and lazy. I do like the scare mechanic, but boy howdy is it underused.

I really just wish the Robin Flip of a Coin was expanded out to be longer than the length of a thimble. The idea of the Bat-family having to step in for Batman sounds like the greatest idea for the next game and/or substantial DLC.

But we'll probably never get it. Bastards.

I would LOVE a sequel that plays out like an Arkham game, but includes GTA 5's character swap option, so you've got Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl all running around Gotham with different abilities, leading up to a final boss fight that features a three-way coordinated fight.

But it'll never happen, and I don't have that same implicit trust in Rocksteady after this one anyway.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So is the PC version of this game unfucked yet?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
please change thread title to Batman: Arkham Knight: As Unfucked As It Is Going To Get On PC, thanks in advance

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fuzz posted:

So is the PC version of this game unfucked yet?

As much as it will ever be, outside of an amateur taking it apart and fixing it themselves.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Since I assume people who got the DLC did it postgame, if you do it during the game does Joker have any appearances or lines?

Also I liked the Croc fight. I got to see Nightwing give him an RKO.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As much as it will ever be, outside of an amateur taking it apart and fixing it themselves.

What does this mean? How broken is it still? What are the egregious flaws?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Codependent Poster posted:

Since I assume people who got the DLC did it postgame, if you do it during the game does Joker have any appearances or lines?

Also I liked the Croc fight. I got to see Nightwing give him an RKO.

No joker lines, which makes sense as I imagine Hamill would be too busy.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Dogen posted:

No joker lines, which makes sense as I imagine Hamill would be too busy.

what, with the five seconds of standing and angry old man staring?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

what, with the five seconds of standing and angry old man staring?

Yeah, they definitely haven't already started filming anything else yet. You nailed it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Also presumably he had to go on that media blitz with everyone else.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fuzz posted:

I don't know exactly how bad, because I played on the Xbox One (the third Xbox) and have no direct knowledge of the PC version.

Warner has basically said they will no longer continue to try to fix the game further. If the game doesn't run well on your PC now, you're pretty much stuck, unless a talented amateur noodles about in the game files and does something similar to the fan patch for Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, which is a great patch that mostly fixes everything in that game.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Dogen posted:

Also presumably he had to go on that media blitz with everyone else.

I don't think he did. They were trying to keep luke's showing up a secret since it's a pretty big part of the plot, although everyone with any sense knew about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Platypus Farm posted:

I don't think he did. They were trying to keep luke's showing up a secret since it's a pretty big part of the plot, although everyone with any sense knew about it.

He has top billing in the credits, appeared in the first trailer and shots of him in-costume were floating around for ages.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

He's also been doing interviews and showing up on red carpet events and whatnot. Literally nobody doesn't know Mark Hamill is in the new Star Wars movies. They've been filming for years. They haven't been trying to keep it under wraps at all. You can maybe make an argument that they were trying not to give away when he may or may not appear, but that doesn't have any relevance whatsoever, since that's not how filming schedules work when you're making a trilogy.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

ImpAtom posted:

He has top billing in the credits, appeared in the first trailer and shots of him in-costume were floating around for ages.

Oh really? I thought he wasn't around for the other stuff. Sorry!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I geniunely did not know The joker was going to be in the new stars movie.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fuzz posted:

All of the problems still exist for certain users, really depends on hardware specs and configurations. From what I understand they completely abandoned SLI support. It's always run well for me so I probably have the one hardware configuration they actually tested it on or something.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Finally had time to beat Season of Infamy this afternoon, and....and....it was pretty solid!

- I wish there were two "pages" for each of the earlier games instead of just one during the Hatter mission--it was all over before it had a chance to begin. (or however it was set up--basically, 6 pages total would have been keen)

- Good job on the look and voice of Nora

- Same with Nyssa

- Had to roll my eyes that the moral of the Croc mission was that maybe the real monster...is man! Would have loved for this mission to be a lot longer to allow the gothic flying prison to stand more on its own as a cool location. Croc could have been snatchin' more people, too, throughout.

- I watched the "give serum" ending on Youtube and Batman comes off looking like a big dumb dummy at the end of that version. You could tell Alfred was disappointed in him too. "You...uh, at least stopped the fighting! :jerkbag:"

I really want to see what the Prometheus mission would have looked like.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 31, 2015

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

The serum thing is actually conflicting to me, because in a game that's all about being Batman, suddenly there's a situation where the thing that Batman would do, give the serum to Ra's and then find some other way to stop him, isn't available to you. In City, Batman's full-on "I still would have cured the Joker even with everything he's done, and I feel tremendous guilt over what happened", and then in this one, being put in the exact same situation, suddenly that's the wrong decision. If they were trying to toy with Batman's no-kill policy, about five minutes away from the end of an entire trilogy of playing as Batman is a really weird time to do it. Especially in a series full of moments where Batman lets the bad guy live, except for the one time they actually give you a choice to do it, in which case now it's the dumb decision, you dummy.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Maybe he is finally able to let go a little at the end, and bend the rules to let someone who is an artificially immortal twisted guy who has become more evil as time goes on (even according to people in his amoral organization) kick off naturally.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Maybe he's just tired of R'as constantly offering him his job :v:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Batman repeatedly killed the poo poo out of Grundy in City though.

Also it makes sense that the "final" choice of Arkham Knight is about directly contradicting Batman's moral code given that Arkham Knight's themes are entirely about how his stubborn attachment to his ways are directly harming the city blah blah blah

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I started playing Marvel Heroes instead of buying the season pass. I'm not sure if that was the better choice :v:

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
Ra's bullshit:
I would argue that removing a villain's McGuffin whose sole purpose is to keep him alive indefinitely does not break Batman's moral code. Batman is not responsible for villains dying of old age. Besides, destroying the device has no effect on the decision because locking Ra's up in prison would deny him access to the device and end his life in the same way.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chasiubao posted:

I started playing Marvel Heroes instead of buying the season pass. I'm not sure if that was the better choice :v:

marvel heroes is a huge timewaster but I love it and you came into it at a good time with the massive January update coming

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

jneer posted:

Ra's bullshit:
I would argue that removing a villain's McGuffin whose sole purpose is to keep him alive indefinitely does not break Batman's moral code. Batman is not responsible for villains dying of old age. Besides, destroying the device has no effect on the decision because locking Ra's up in prison would deny him access to the device and end his life in the same way.

Except Batman explicitly states that it violates his moral code and amounts to pulling someone off life support.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
And the last thing you hear before confronting Ra's is Alfred asking "Is preventing some ungodly resurrection the same thing as taking a life?"

Both choices are consistent with his moral code depending on how you view Ras' state of being.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

My favorite written abuse of Batman vow of no killing people was him fighting Gorrilia Grodd and snapping the necks of his soldiers to piss him off. Hyper Intelligent Gorrilias don't count apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Brutality 101, hooray! :dance:

Just a couple glide related trophies and it's all good.

• Locked thread