Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sykic posted:

Someone ought to point this out to the game.

also even when you manage to block successfully, if he chains 3+ attacks in a row you're dead anyway. Even if he "only" does 1-2, unless it's the very first attack of the bossfight when you'll probably have full armor, he's likely to smash you into the 50 health movespeed penalty, which means the next attack will get you instead of the melee. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
did TWI stealth nerf Hans recently?

I come back from vacation and i am meleeing him consistently with Beserker on hard.
I thought I was on an easy server so I started loving around with the melee and testing out bash with the Zwei and he went down pretty easy with a 6 man team. I was getting in his face and stepping in between him and they people he was aggroing.
It was just a pubbie team so maybe I got lucky? IDK

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Put on armour of God so you may stand the evil that is to come

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Someone in mumble the other night - it may have been Theta - mentioned that Han's melee murder mode was literally named "removeplayer" in the code. I can't explain how appropriate and yet infuriating that is.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Just scored a German Gas Mask from a Horzine crate.
I've been pretty lucky with crates and USBs so far.
a couple of mint skins and now this.
I hope it holds it value for a week. because it currently goes between $10-$30.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Just scored a German Gas Mask from a Horzine crate.
I've been pretty lucky with crates and USBs so far.
a couple of mint skins and now this.
I hope it holds it value for a week. because it currently goes between $10-$30.

Yeah, I've almost made back what I paid for this game with the zedconomy. I guess whales really want slightly differently textured medic weapons!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Put on armour of God so you may stand the evil that is to come

Eh, it's lovely to have Popular Opinion Dogpile. I'd be interested to hear what people were doing and how many times he used his melee and such. Zerkers do tend to have an easier time with Hans.

I don't know if I want to see evidence of that "removeplayer" thing, and will just not believe it until then. I think I'd go off if I did. Sorry, I'm pissing and moaning so much for the people still enjoying the game. I just think that this is one of my favorite co-op games in years, and there' just this one niggling problem that keeps it from being near-perfect in my eyes.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 29, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Here's some tried and true map holdout locations that my buddies and I have used on the newer maps. They work pretty consistently for us on Hell on Earth difficulty, YMMV if you play with less coordinated players or just random pubs.

Most people like to camp the upper balcony on Farmhouse, but we actually prefer to hold out in the top floor bedroom that's just across the balcony, which allows us to concentrate on just one direction. In this screenshot, if you merely close the blue circled door and keep everyone to the left side of the bed, Zeds won't be able to path to you. You don't even have to weld it closed. Berserker then stands in the red circle doorway, slightly in towards the room so that only one Scrake or Fleshpound can face him at a time, blocking off the others. Green X or anywhere in the hallway really is a good place for C4; even with the reduced radius of Nuke, the spawn locations and chokepoints are close enough to rack up a lot of kills. One thing to look out for is that the vent circled in purple will occasionally spawn crawlers and clots.

Unlike the balcony, you're definitely committed to camping because you won't have a safe place to jump away, but a good team can make it work.

This spot is immediately to the left of the starting spawn location on Black Forest, on sort of that abutment area next to the side of the house. Again, place your berserker around the red circle, close to the jutting tree, so that nothing can get past him and big zeds get funneled to him in single file. Place C4 near the green X where the two paths join at the fork to maximize kill radius. There's plenty of room for the rest of the team to stack up behind the berserker, just make sure they aren't right next to the zerk and they crouch for a clear line of sight for the back ranks. The cool thing about this spot is that Smash will sometimes knock enemies into the river, giving you time to take a bunch of shots as they make their way back up or get stuck behind lesser Zeds. The tricky thing is that occasionally a husk coming straight on or from the lower right will start taking pot shots at you, so be on the look out for that.

Other than that, just make sure you have a balanced team. Besides the requisite berserker for blocking, medic for healing, demo for Nuke and On Contact stunning, a firebug with microwave gun is welcome for scrakes, and the other two open slots can go with perks they're best at.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

moot the hopple posted:

Here's some tried and true map holdout locations that my buddies and I have used on the newer maps. They work pretty consistently for us on Hell on Earth difficulty, YMMV if you play with less coordinated players or just random pubs.

Most people like to camp the upper balcony on Farmhouse, but we actually prefer to hold out in the top floor bedroom that's just across the balcony, which allows us to concentrate on just one direction. In this screenshot, if you merely close the blue circled door and keep everyone to the left side of the bed, Zeds won't be able to path to you. You don't even have to weld it closed. Berserker then stands in the red circle doorway, slightly in towards the room so that only one Scrake or Fleshpound can face him at a time, blocking off the others. Green X or anywhere in the hallway really is a good place for C4; even with the reduced radius of Nuke, the spawn locations and chokepoints are close enough to rack up a lot of kills. One thing to look out for is that the vent circled in purple will occasionally spawn crawlers and clots.

Unlike the balcony, you're definitely committed to camping because you won't have a safe place to jump away, but a good team can make it work.

This spot is immediately to the left of the starting spawn location on Black Forest, on sort of that abutment area next to the side of the house. Again, place your berserker around the red circle, close to the jutting tree, so that nothing can get past him and big zeds get funneled to him in single file. Place C4 near the green X where the two paths join at the fork to maximize kill radius. There's plenty of room for the rest of the team to stack up behind the berserker, just make sure they aren't right next to the zerk and they crouch for a clear line of sight for the back ranks. The cool thing about this spot is that Smash will sometimes knock enemies into the river, giving you time to take a bunch of shots as they make their way back up or get stuck behind lesser Zeds. The tricky thing is that occasionally a husk coming straight on or from the lower right will start taking pot shots at you, so be on the look out for that.

Other than that, just make sure you have a balanced team. Besides the requisite berserker for blocking, medic for healing, demo for Nuke and On Contact stunning, a firebug with microwave gun is welcome for scrakes, and the other two open slots can go with perks they're best at.

This is a great and helpful post.
Yeah my experience with suicidal and hell and earth is all about finding the best camping spot.
Voltor Manor has a great one. to the right of the great stairwell is an alcove. it funnels all the ZEDS directly there. You only have one path to cover. did that on a Suicidal run with a group of 6 with a decent medic. We only lost because of HANS.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 29, 2015

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
So I started leveling commando recently and while I have always seen a lot of "magdump a scar into big guys head" as the pro strat, how the hell does anyone do that? I know recoil reduction per level is a popular request/complaint here but even so it's not like any enemy in this game holds still at all. I know I am not great at the game but even 75% of a 20 round clip at five yards into a skrake is a really tall order outside of zed time.

Also on a similar note, I can't wait for sharp to get added for all the tears from kf1 proz getting murdered by zeds that don't march slowly in a straight line with no head bob. (And the xbow taking two hits)

Edit: and yeah I get my first mistake might just be leveling commando

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

thejacob posted:

So I started leveling commando recently and while I have always seen a lot of "magdump a scar into big guys head" as the pro strat, how the hell does anyone do that? I know recoil reduction per level is a popular request/complaint here but even so it's not like any enemy in this game holds still at all. I know I am not great at the game but even 75% of a 20 round clip at five yards into a skrake is a really tall order outside of zed time.

Also on a similar note, I can't wait for sharp to get added for all the tears from kf1 proz getting murdered by zeds that don't march slowly in a straight line with no head bob. (And the xbow taking two hits)

Its hard. I usually flutter the trigger instead holding it down; it shoots faster and you have better control.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Commando doesn't really come into its own until you get those damage boosts and the Zed Time abilities, then steady heavy damage output and long-rear end Zed Time chains become their gimmick.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

But it really could use that recoil reduction. After they fix Hans. :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Psion posted:

But it really could use that recoil reduction. After they fix Hans. :v:

Please shut the gently caress up about Hans

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

when update

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
When hams fixd tia

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

let custom maps have a thumbnail in the map select screen plz tia

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

let custom maps have a thumbnail in the map select screen plz tia

This would also be handy because I can never remember what the good maps are (Frozen) and the bad ones (something else I have that's ice related)

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I like Defence Thyself. It's a simple design, but more than that, it is clear daylight. I hate how zombies always come at night.

KF2 looks great in full daylight and we need more midday maps.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

voice command for "smdh" plz

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vahakyla posted:

I like Defence Thyself. It's a simple design, but more than that, it is clear daylight. I hate how zombies always come at night.

KF2 looks great in full daylight and we need more midday maps.

Hm yes agreed. Very agreed

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Please bring back 'insult players', tired of having to do it myself.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

We need more voice commands for sure. I need to say 'thanks' when the guy running to the trader ahead of me shuts the door in my face.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just play as Masterson (?) and pretend that every time he calls a zed a bloody scrote when spamming insult zed I'm actually calling my teammates that. That's my "KF2 lacks feature workaround" story, thanks.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

come on you sick gently caress. you've dropped in worth by $40 already. just hit $5 or something so that i don't feel so guilty buying it

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Can't be any less of a waste of money than the real Nazi memorabilia you own.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Broose posted:

I just play as Masterson (?) and pretend that every time he calls a zed a bloody scrote when spamming insult zed I'm actually calling my teammates that. That's my "KF2 lacks feature workaround" story, thanks.

Masterson is my favorite just because all his taunt zed lines are short insults that he just yells. I like interrupting his normal lines and pretending he has tourette's.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

thejacob posted:

With the SCAR or AK I usually aim at the zeds just below the jaw press down and then slide the mouse down to counter the recoil of it going up. Still have to do it in bursts of 10 rounds or so but I find that it lands most of the shots around the mouth/nose area.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Are we going to see a game mode that discourages the normal tactic of experienced groups only playing 5% of these huge maps?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Are we going to see a game mode that discourages the normal tactic of experienced groups only playing 5% of these huge maps?

Possibly. I do have a sneaking suspicion, though, that camping a holdout spot isn't the best strategy, even if it seems like the easiest one to take.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This game really needs a L4D-style spitter Zed. Something that forces players to move from their chosen camping area.

Han's gas grenades would be perfect if they weren't limited to the boss fight.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Away all Goats posted:

This game really needs a L4D-style spitter Zed. Something that forces players to move from their chosen camping area.

Han's gas grenades would be perfect if they weren't limited to the boss fight.

That niche is filled by the Husk - especially with his flamethrower in higher difficulties - in theory, but Husks are so easy to pick out of a crowd and eliminate because they are so tall and weak. I kind of wish they had a less accurate shot, but a significantly shorter readying period so they'd be a threat to more than just the berserker.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The game already punishes you for trying to kite via teleporting zeds, why the gently caress would want to make things harder

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Since the game already has persistent blood, I'd make it so that once an area is bloody enough, zeds in that area get more aggressive. Call it bloodlust. That way, instead of camping the same spot for every round, they'd have to switch to a new one eventually.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

Hopefully once they get all the clases in (around june probably) they will add objective mode back in from kf1.
If the server filter is anything to go by TW (or just turnways) believes that one day they will.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

thejacob posted:

Hopefully once they get all the clases in (around june probably) they will add objective mode back in from kf1.
If the server filter is anything to go by TW (or just turnways) believes that one day they will.

There actually is an Objective mode map from the Grindhouse Mapping contest. It is pretty janky which suggests TWI hasn't really put down the groundwork for it in the game, but it exists, so we're pretty much confirmed on it happening eventually.

The maps are indeed designed to encourage a nomadic style, but it is difficult to coordinate movement with a team, and pretty much impossible with pubbies, hence why we see people gravitating towards a few camping spots. That said, I usually have voice on with a buddy I play with and it is hella fun to go on a cruise-murder tour with decent coordination.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Doors blowing up permanently was presumably supposed to discourage camping but it seems to have just made people ignore welding doors, even while camping.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Geight posted:

Doors blowing up permanently was presumably supposed to discourage camping but it seems to have just made people ignore welding doors, even while camping.

Be nice if the welding tool could repair doors.

Maybe make it a totally different tool.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Geight posted:

I still spawn the doors, but max 1 door per wave. That way I can rack up easy XP with one grenade. Medic Grenades and Molotovs work through welded doors, and are the absolute best for this purpose. It's best if the door have some sort of a window, wait for a few Zeds to stack, toss grenade, enjoy the 100+ XP boost you're getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wish more groups welded if only to reduce the overall effort of each wave since you always end up having to hunt down the last 5 zeds or so. Just weld poo poo up and hold it together for a few minutes while they all pile up against the doors, then back the gently caress up and let'er rip when they bust through. Downside being that you only get to do that once because doors don't regenerate.

On the other hand, do C4 charges blow doors out too? I could see placing bombs outside the door, welding and waiting, then kablooey.