Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

Hey, muchos gracias to whomever mentioned sending waves of chumps at people in galactic warfare. I don’t know if I ever would have noticed the ‘retreat’ option hidden in the upper left, much less the way it impacted GW gameplay. It definitely encourages having a roster that is both broad AND powerful.

Someone mentioned hoping the chump squad could kill a single enemy unit. That’s asking way too much in my opinion, I levelled up my 1 star ewoks and clone troopers and all I ask them to do is soak up a single turn’s worth of taunts and special attacks while making the Whilhelm Scream and panic’d R2D2 noises before retreating. If they manage to successfully hurt the other squad, that’s just icing.

Then my A-Team comes in, snipes the main DPS, and then can whittle down the tanks and supports at their leisure. Very useful (to me) when you’re to the last 4 battles.

Holy loving poo poo, why am I not doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The RNG of this game is the absolute most annoying poo poo I've seen in a video game in years. Oh you killed a character? Daka revives it with a heal. Oh you killed him again? He's loving back, AGAIN. Oh your Sidious only does 1k while being level 60 6* with maxed everything? Well theirs is going to 2.5k crit everyone. Their Daka is going to double stun for days, while your's can't even land a single stun. Their Sidious just evades over and over and over? Well, yours is going to die in 2 hits.

It's loving trash and needs to be fixed. And, AGAIN. gently caress this bullshit. There's a reason people are talking about this poo poo on Reddit. The defenders are getting stupid loving hidden variables to make up for the fact there isn't a player there. I'm so loving tired of seeing the enemy Sidious evading 4,5, 6 loving times in a row. I have a Sidious too. I also have a Luminara with maxed leader skill providing more evasion and I NEVER get evades on him.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 30, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

The RNG of this game is the absolute most annoying poo poo I've seen in a video game in years. Oh you killed a character? Daka revives it with a heal. Oh you killed him again? He's loving back, AGAIN. Oh your Sidious only does 1k while being level 60 6* with maxed everything? Well theirs is going to 2.5k crit everyone. Their Daka is going to double stun for days, while your's can't even land a single stun. Their Sidious just evades over and over and over? Well, yours is going to die in 2 hits.

It's loving trash and needs to be fixed. And, AGAIN. gently caress this bullshit. There's a reason people are talking about this poo poo on Reddit. The defenders are getting stupid loving hidden variables to make up for the fact there isn't a player there. I'm so loving tired of seeing the enemy Sidious evading 4,5, 6 loving times in a row. I have a Sidious too. I also have a Luminara with maxed leader skill providing more evasion and I NEVER get evades on him.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Blackchamber posted:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Maybe something happens in endgame levels, but I feel pretty happy with the RNG.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Well its not like the RNG gods have it against just you. Sure it sucks going against it as an attacker, but when you are defending you get the same benefits. Doesn't excuse it but at least it's fair.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Argh! I sniped to 6 on arena with enough time for 10 mins and a challenge before it reset and when it did I was already in combat till after awards went out. Then I went and challenged #5 with my defense team to leave it over night and curb stomped him. I totally should have had 5 today. :(

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm starting to notice past the 40s Darth Maul gets the same counter everything always like Dooku in GW.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Maul is neat, but unless you whale out like $1500 you aren't going to be using him much. The only way is premium packs and 4*'s just don't hold up end game.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Speaking of 4 stars, I got one from a bronzium card!

:gary: UrrRRUUROooROORR

Oh well, it's a 4 star dark side character, and a small step towards the Sand People Inshallah team.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Is it 4 star bronzium day? I got a Mace Windu pull. Don't have the Jedi to really capitalize on his Leader skill, and his Unique requires that he die, but at least his "basic attack does more damage while Defense Up buff is active" should synergize reasonably well with Chewbacca until I really start to fill out my roster.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
drat all you lucky fuckers ;[

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Just pulled CT-5555 "Fives" from a Bronze. Is he any good? He seems like he could be, but unsure if I want to invest in him right now.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

From facing Fives he's Kinda like a better FO stormtrooper? His basic got a speed debuff and he gets counter, so any attack against him that trigger counter also applies the speed debuff. Guessing he's real good with Phasma and/or more Clones.

Got Luminara now from GW at rank 3, not quite there yet to replace Councilar, also Holy poo poo am I short on XP drones. 1,2 mill in the bank and I can't spend it, wish basic fights granted xp like in Future Fight.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Pimpmust posted:

From facing Fives he's Kinda like a better FO stormtrooper? His basic got a speed debuff and he gets counter, so any attack against him that trigger counter also applies the speed debuff. Guessing he's real good with Phasma and/or more Clones.

Cool, thank you. I think I'll put some effort into him and see how he goes. His counter speed debuff could play really nicely. Also, Sidious is such an incredible character - really digging how versatile and robust he is.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Pimpmust posted:

Got Luminara now from GW at rank 3, not quite there yet to replace Councilar, also Holy poo poo am I short on XP drones. 1,2 mill in the bank and I can't spend it, wish basic fights granted xp like in Future Fight.

Yeah, I have gold to spare but I completely tapped out my drone stash when i unlocked Sidious. The weekly drone thing just doesn't provide enough :/

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

Spend crystals on cantina energy.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Depending on your level there is keycard battles too. That coupled with some stamina recharges can net you a fair few levels.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Did another single pull and got Jedi Knight Anakin. Seems good.

I wish there was more variety on how to gear your characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone else have Asajj Ventress and think her turn timer is really really slow compared to everyone else? I have her reasonably high level and with purple tier gear but everyone else takes 2 turns before she gets 1. Just want to confirm I'm not crazy.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Zotix posted:

I do, still not enough when unlocking 2 new characters at lvl 46 *and* trying to keep my A-team tapped up (let alone the B-team) :shrug:

But maybe I'll unlock keycard battles soon and that will help, I was really short on cash before unlocking GW - it's not very beginner friendly the way the game is set up right now compared to M:FF (but maybe they have had more time to figure that out).

As for Asajj: Yeah she's poo poo slow for some weird reason, it's not like she does super damage or is really tanky, so I'm not really sure what they were thinking there. Her archetype certainly doesn't scream "slower than Jabba".

Her base speed is 75 and maxes out at 86. Compare to:
Barris: 100 base
Ahsoka: 85 base
Admiral Ackbar: 80 base (She's slower than "It's a trap!")
http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-stats/
She's the slowest in the game and the only one at 75 base speed for some reason*. The speed stat seems kinda arbritrary set, Vader, Dooku and Poggle is at 100 for example. Over half the characters are at 100 with 8 at 85 and the rest at 80 exception for Asajj.

There's one plus side, and that is that she always goes last at start so she can hopefully manage to pop the enemy buffs with her special, and with say Phasma on she might get some bonus attacks in to make up for her slow speed otherwise.

*Apparently she maxed out at 104 speed in the beta which was considered OP, so uh... "that school" of balancing I guess.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 30, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress me, I put a lot into her, too. Maybe I should have researched. Oh well, shelving her until she gets patched I guess.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sometimes I feel like the meta in this game is like a giant 2000 foot long tanker. In the tanker you have to plan your turns so far ahead because it turns so slowly. Here it takes forever to get new characters, so you have to plan so far ahead. I'm working on an AOE team of Poe/Kylo/IG88/Sid/Darth (or maybe lumi for heal) but it's going to take months for them to reach 7 stars. And who knows, that team might suck, everyone might be running the perfect counter to that team, but I have to spend so much time regardless.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Holy loving poo poo, why am I not doing this?

Dunno!

Completely GW on my second attempt with that strat. Have continued to do so.

And broke 100 in the Arena. And should get Phasma another star today. It's a pretty good day.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zotix posted:

I've settled on this IF, and only if you're actively playing the game. If you have the time and patience to sit at your device and do it, that's the way to go. If you're like me and just do the daily stuff, however, pulls are probably better. I don't have a ton of time so I tend to focus on the maps that complete my dailies and give me the character tokens/gear I'm looking for. Waiting and pulling fills in the gaps with mixed results but requires less of my time overall. In the long term I think it's the way to go if you're strictly casual like me.

EDIT: If Sim tickets were more readily available I'd probably change my tune though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

commish posted:

Sometimes I feel like the meta in this game is like a giant 2000 foot long tanker. In the tanker you have to plan your turns so far ahead because it turns so slowly. Here it takes forever to get new characters, so you have to plan so far ahead. I'm working on an AOE team of Poe/Kylo/IG88/Sid/Darth (or maybe lumi for heal) but it's going to take months for them to reach 7 stars. And who knows, that team might suck, everyone might be running the perfect counter to that team, but I have to spend so much time regardless.

The people you have to farm like that, yeah, it's going to take loving ages. People you get from Arena/GW/Cantina points are much better, and I hope they'll start to change them up on a weekly basis or something. Feasibly, if you're following the 6-hour refresh times and aceing GW every day, you can get like 15 pieces of someone per day.

Edit: Did anyone else know Asajj has a 5th ability? You have to scroll down. I never noticed it because there are no visible scroll bars until you actually start scrolling.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 30, 2015

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

769-889-227 please be my friend

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Levantine posted:

I've settled on this IF, and only if you're actively playing the game. If you have the time and patience to sit at your device and do it, that's the way to go. If you're like me and just do the daily stuff, however, pulls are probably better. I don't have a ton of time so I tend to focus on the maps that complete my dailies and give me the character tokens/gear I'm looking for. Waiting and pulling fills in the gaps with mixed results but requires less of my time overall. In the long term I think it's the way to go if you're strictly casual like me.

EDIT: If Sim tickets were more readily available I'd probably change my tune though.

Pulls aren't that good if you aren't going to go crazy on whaling. And I mean crazy. A 4* Darth maul doesn't mean poo poo against a team of weaker 7* because at that point the stats of the 7* just trump the 4* maul or any other premium only character.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You get a bunch of sim tickets for buying the daily cantina energy refill for 100 crystals. I haven't come close to running out and I tend to do all of my turns and stuff once a day so it's not like I am hardcore grinding.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Not to mention higher level missions require more energy so you start to accrue more tickets

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zotix posted:

Pulls aren't that good if you aren't going to go crazy on whaling. And I mean crazy. A 4* Darth maul doesn't mean poo poo against a team of weaker 7* because at that point the stats of the 7* just trump the 4* maul or any other premium only character.

That's true, but if you're also only putting in like 30 minutes a day you're really unlikely to run into a 7* anything. I wasn't aware of the sim ticket with energy thing though.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You are placed into a bracket when you start the game. Some players will be more casual than you, some will whale out and have monster teams. I assure you as you get close to 60, you'll see teams of 6 and 7* characters.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Like that rear end in a top hat who came out of nowhere with a lvl 47 4 star Sid and a 13 628 power rating (when everyone else is around 10 000, lvl 44-46) who took my #334 spot from #392 right now :wtc:

Had a draw fight with a dude who had a Phasma and a high lvl FO Pilot, drat does that dude hit like a bunch of bricks! Very squishy though. I really need some more 4-stars, this just aint' cutting it on the damage front.

e: Is the Strength in Allies achievement broken? Says I got 14/25 when my whole drat ally list if full (35 people). Does it only count people you add yourself, not the ones who send an ally request?

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 30, 2015

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pimpmust posted:

Like that rear end in a top hat who came out of nowhere with a lvl 47 4 star Sid and a 13 628 power rating (when everyone else is around 10 000, lvl 44-46) who took my #334 spot from #392 right now :wtc:

Had a draw fight with a dude who had a Phasma and a high lvl FO Pilot, drat does that dude hit like a bunch of bricks! Very squishy though. I really need some more 4-stars, this just aint' cutting it on the damage front.

e: Is the Strength in Allies achievement broken? Says I got 14/25 when my whole drat ally list if full (35 people). Does it only count people you add yourself, not the ones who send an ally request?

Your "35" includes requests as well as accepted allies.

Go click on your 'manage requests' list and I bet you'll see a lot of unanswered requests in both directions.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, it doesn't automatically remove the expired ones? God damnit, why :negative:

Whelp, guess there's *plenty* of space now if there's any goons that want to buddy up with a lvl 46/47 (no Sid to be had here though).

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

I doubt there's many whales at rank 350. The megawhales on my server look like this:

I'm pretty sure there was a third guy with Qui-Gon at 7 stars but maybe he stopped playing. For some reason, they're not dominating the top 5 anymore. I'm seeing a few Phasma teams (like mine) and a lot of Barriss and Sidious leaders.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Probably not a super whale, just some guy who've stayed away from PVP until he got his Sid up.

I'm having hell of a time dealing with all these Phasma teams, can't kill her fast enough (got pretty good HP) before she does both her specials and buffs the poo poo out of the enemy team, and there's usually 2 healers + Chewie to either heal the damage done or take fire for another couple of turns, either I'm doing draws or defeats right now :sigh:

My team:
Chewie at 5 stars
Consular 3 stars
Talia 3 stars
And then some combination of:
Poe 3 stars
FO Stormtrooper, 3 stars
URoRRuRRR, 4 stars (but only lvl 43 to my other 45-46)
Ahsoka, 2 stars,
FO Officer, 3 stars

Does iOS users go up against androids or is there some other reason for *everyone* having Phasma? :argh: (Well pretty easy grinding I guess. Should get on that. Just got Luminara first, which might have been a mistake?)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

No. Luminara first then Phasma.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That's nice to hear, but who should I swap out for Lumia 950 once I get her up to speed?

I suppose I should get her to at least 4 stars before going for Phasma. Can't quite grab all of GW yet, but enough to occasionally cash in on shipments twice so I've been gathering some Phasma on the side, might focus entirely on Lumia first though just to have her at a useful state.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Honestly, I haven't been too impressed by Luminara. Yeah the Ability Block is nice, but its too random. Maybe I'm just too familiar with Barriss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Muncher
Dec 21, 2005

Metos posted:

Yeah there's a mission that's the end of light side 4 I think where it's 5 recon Stormtroopers who immediately all throw their grenades, if you survive that with more than 3 party members alive good job, because once you whittle down the troopers with your tanks you reach stage 2, which is 6 recon troopers who immediately throw their grenades.

I just never went back, despite being 8 levels higher now then when I unlocked that mission.

I finally finished that when I was level 43 and my JC was promoted. The big key for me was to use the Ima-Gun-Di from my allies. His defense up helped keep the damage low.

• Locked thread